Grand Theft Auto IV - First Trailer 3/29/2007

Please God let them implement the great aspects of Saints Row into this game. If I can't save anywhere it will not get a purchase from me.

I can't wait to see how they are going to up the ante with this installment now that we've seen what we can do in Saint's Row and Crackdown.

I predict that March 29th will be the day that I finally break down and buy myself a 360. Either that, or October 16th.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']I have a feeling that GTA 4 is gonna make everyone question how we ever played Saint's Row or Crackdown.[/quote]

Either that or we'll be trying to climb rooftops to find agility orbs ;)

[quote name='thwjustin']Excuse me, get me a napkin tissue my mouths watering.[/quote]

I wonder where this one will be set.... for some reason I think it might be Chicago but who knows....

Hmm, call me slow (cause I am), but I just realized how odd the 4 numbering is.

Were Vice City and SA supposed to be "add-on packs" to 3? Or did they just start counting over with the reinvention of the series in GTA3?

I hope GTA IV takes place in a Detroit-esque city. "Motor City", if you will. Hell on Earth.

[quote name='daroga']Hmm, call me slow (cause I am), but I just realized how odd the 4 numbering is.

Were Vice City and SA supposed to be "add-on packs" to 3? Or did they just start counting over with the reinvention of the series in GTA3?[/QUOTE]
... add-on packs?

Vice City and San Andreas were out of chronological order, so they didn't receive a sequel number.

Before Grand Theft Auto III, there was Grand Theft Auto, Grand Theft Auto II and Grand Theft Auto: London 1969. So GTA III is actually the fourth GTA game.

[quote name='daroga']Hmm, call me slow (cause I am), but I just realized how odd the 4 numbering is.

Were Vice City and SA supposed to be "add-on packs" to 3? Or did they just start counting over with the reinvention of the series in GTA3?[/quote]

This might also be a tentative title for now so that they don't have any sub-names to reveal any details about the game.

I think that since VC and SA played so similarly to GTAIII that they were considered extensions of they mythos and gameplay rather than full-fledged sequels - I know plenty of people who got bored with those because it just felt like more of the same. With the new one being on next-gen hardware and getting quite a bit longer in development, we can probaby expect a slight re-invention of the series.

Add me to the list of people who's desire for a 360 has gone from non-existent to extremely interested... here's hoping for a price drop!

Were Vice City and SA supposed to be "add-on packs" to 3? Or did they just start counting over with the reinvention of the series in GTA3?[/quote]
They were part of a trilogy and don't count towards the numbering.

[quote name='mr ryles']I would perfer the ps3 version, but with the marketplace the choice is obvious.[/QUOTE]
How do you know you'd prefer the PS3 version?

For what it's worth, the PS3 will have downloadable content as well.

[quote name='KaneRobot']How do you know you'd prefer the PS3 version?

For what it's worth, the PS3 will have downloadable content as well.[/QUOTE]

Because I know everything.

Erm, why can't PS3 owners have their own thread to discuss the game (it got lockec with a point to this one)? It might help to keep the "OMG PSTHREE VERSHUN IS CRIPPLEZ" discussion to a minimum...

Were Vice City and SA supposed to be "add-on packs" to 3? Or did they just start counting over with the reinvention of the series in GTA3?[/QUOTE]

Basically each number represents a series. And at each new number the game recieves an upgrade.

First GTA, then GTA 2 came out and it had upgraded graphics and design scheme. Then GTA London came out, and it still had the same look as GTA 2 just a different area.

Then GTA III was released and it was a massive upgrade with a whole new design, new game engine and graphics. Then VC and SA where released they use the same graphics and engine just new weapons and vehicles and area, but all in all running the same engine as GTA III.

Now with GTA IV it will be a whole new engine with overhauled graphics.

Just think as every # in the series as an upgrade, where as I guess you can call london, Vice city, and san andreas expansions. Where they don't add anything new visually to the series.

[quote name='AshesofWake']i hope GTA 4 takes place in space, on a meteor.[/quote]
Thanks Ashes, I needed that laugh.

I'm foooooooking psyched for this game!!!!!

[quote name='Brak']Because we can discuss the 360-specific downloadable content in this thread.[/quote]
Then why close the thread in the PS3 forum? That just makes no sense. You can discuss that stuff in the general gaming forum.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Then why close the thread in the PS3 forum? That just makes no sense. You can discuss that stuff in the general gaming forum.[/QUOTE]
I'm not the one speaking in terms of one or the other.

[quote name='Brak']I'm not the one speaking in terms of one or the other.[/quote]
True, Trakan needs to post, but he's not on anymore.

[quote name='Zoglog']it's probably just crappy judgement. Can't you unlock it =p?
It's not like there can't be 2 GTA 4 forums anyway for each respective version...........[/quote]
That's what I'm saying, either one thread in both forums or one in the general would be best. It doesn't make sense to be 360-specific since the news isn't 360-specific.

Figured it out. It's because the PS3 is black. Only love for white consoles on CAG... for shame. (Sorry, just saw a commercial for some Aryan Brotherhood documentary on national geographic while I was reading this thread).

I hope it has an awesome talk radio channel, I'd turn it up sometimes and just sit in a Banshee or Perennial listening to that. :/.. and awesome soundtrack in general, san andreas soundtrack ftw!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']True, Trakan needs to post, but he's not on anymore.[/quote]

This thread was already two pages long and that thread only had a few posts. Linkin Prime also keeps threads very well updated. I'm sure this thread will turn in to the official thread for the game when it eventually comes out. I didn't realize that this one was in the 360 forum. I'll move it to General Gaming.

I hope Rockstar took notes from Saint's Row and any other sandbox game that did a few things better than the GTA games and whipped up something that will assplode the market this fall/winter.

The wait for March 29th is becoming unbearable now. As a big time fan of the GTA series I must wave the hype flag up high.

[quote name='Sporadic']I'm really hoping for a GTA based off of New Orleans.

Rockstar could really do something with the Cajun culture and landtype.[/quote]

grand theft auto iv in new orleans, new features include hip waders and the ability to carry more items to aid in looting...chose to leave or help elderly people in retirement centers before the water comes, escape from the 'chocolate city' on a flame engulfed bus and spend weeks in the super dome on a cot...you determine the story line by decided who is to blame, because it is obviously someone's fault that you didn't know the city is below sea level and protected by outdated facilities...in the end will you leave the city never to return or live out your days in a FEMA provided trailer

[quote name='Trakan']This thread was already two pages long and that thread only had a few posts. Linkin Prime also keeps threads very well updated. I'm sure this thread will turn in to the official thread for the game when it eventually comes out. I didn't realize that this one was in the 360 forum. I'll move it to General Gaming.[/quote]

I was actually hoping to keep it on the X360 forums and I will keep the updates exclusive to the X360 since I don't really follow the PS3. Also, there's more discussion on the X360 side as you can see, we had more posts.

Sorry Frisky didnt mean for this to happen, just wanted an exclusive to X360 disscussion.

Its going to be a teaser trailer. Hopefully the trailer will give us some clue as to where the location will be. I would like to see it based in another country, but Detroit, or Chicago are just as good.

[quote name='CitizenB']Its going to be a teaser trailer. Hopefully the trailer will give us some clue as to where the location will be. I would like to see it based in another country, but Detroit, or Chicago are just as good.[/QUOTE]
GTA: Zimbabwe

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I was actually hoping to keep it on the X360 forums and I will keep the updates exclusive to the X360 since I don't really follow the PS3. Also, there's more discussion on the X360 side as you can see, we had more posts.

Sorry Frisky didnt mean for this to happen, just wanted an exclusive to X360 disscussion.[/quote]
If everyone really wants separate topics for the PS3/360 versions, I don't really have a problem with that. It just makes sense to me considering the first downloadable content won't be available until at least 2008. If Crash wants to make a PS3 thread, I'll move this one back to the 360 forum. It's up to you guys.

It's going to be based around a Georgia plantation in the 1840s. You can steal mules and wander aimlessly through the cotton fields. Rumor has it that you'll eventually be able to start your own county store or paper mill.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']True, Trakan needs to post, but he's not on anymore.[/QUOTE]
I was talking about you, actually.

bread's done
Back