Grand Theft Auto IV - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='The Amazing Mutato']Wow. This game got old quick. I have had it for less than a month and I'm already tired of it. Anyone else feel the same way?[/quote]

Sadly, I have to agree. I haven't even finished the single player campaign and I'm fighting to keep my interest in it. Being stripped down of alot of activities that kept previous GTAs fresh, I feel almost cheated.

I feel like the EA effect is happening here. Send out a semi-stripped model and save the good stuff for DLC purchase.

The only thing that is keeping me playing is the online stuff.

[quote name='The Amazing Mutato']Wow. This game got old quick. I have had it for less than a month and I'm already tired of it. Anyone else feel the same way?[/quote]

Yes. I have no urge to even play from my save point to get the alternate ending.

I am actually sad that Saints Row 2 got delayed as well!

What????.....Now I am sad that I found out it got delayed:cry:. After you beat the story there is really nothing you can do, unless you like killing people and getting 6 stars. Maybe I will replay story mode

I am almost done with the story, and before I finish I am trying to wrap up some of the achievements...I am struggling with 2 of them

first is the bowling one...how the hell do you get 3 straight strikes...I have tried on numerous dates to get this achievement, and I get 2 strikes in a row a lot, but always fuck up the 3rd one...I know you should take the left lane, and take 2 full steps to the left, but for some reason I am struggling with it

2nd one is the finish hime...10 counters in 4 minutes...really struggling with this one as well...what buttons do you need to do?

[quote name='ryanbph']I am almost done with the story, and before I finish I am trying to wrap up some of the achievements...I am struggling with 2 of them

first is the bowling one...how the hell do you get 3 straight strikes...I have tried on numerous dates to get this achievement, and I get 2 strikes in a row a lot, but always fuck up the 3rd one...I know you should take the left lane, and take 2 full steps to the left, but for some reason I am struggling with it

2nd one is the finish hime...10 counters in 4 minutes...really struggling with this one as well...what buttons do you need to do?[/quote]

This video will help you get the finish him achievement. You just press A when they make a wide swing.

Just hang out for a while, take in some sights, see your girl, take a friend out. He he(I can't remember who) should call with some type of mission. As soon as you killed Ray, I think the mission was over.

Just played the game for the first time. I unknowingly wound up in Multiplayer, and I unlocked the Kill a Developer (my first kill!) AND 20 pistol kills. Game seems fun, grabbed it for $20 mint (Canada).

Alright, I've made it considerably far through this game, and there's a problem I've been ignoring/trying to convince myself isn't actually happening.

Are anybody else's rockets acting completely fucking retarded? I, quite literally, can't shoot the street, and most of the time I can't even hit cars. They clip through almost everything. I can't tell you how many times one of my rockets has clipped through a car, street, wall, person, helicopter, etc. Is anybody else having this problem?

I have noticed the exact same glitch. I fire it and it blows up in the helicopters propellers. But when I fire it in between the two front tires of a care, it slides flat on the ground. Its fuck up!!!

it's not fucked up, that's how real RPGs react when shot. all hey are are rocket propelled grenades. You can literally skid the rockets off walls and grounds. It's easy to do.

In order for RPG shots to explode on inmpacted you can't shoot angles surfaces... ie. hit stuff head on and preferably perpendicular.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Great. Now I can play online. Too bad all my friends are done with it...

*Edit*

That update doesn't say anything about fixing the "I can't get into a single game. Period." problem. What the fuck?[/QUOTE]

yeah, I have to echo your statement: WTF?

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Great. Now I can play online. Too bad all my friends are done with it...[/quote]

I just started the game on Friday. I'll play with ya. :)

Over 80% through the game now, and I'm probably done. All I would have to do is kill all the pigeons, do the remainder of activities with friends, and do the stunt jumps. Not really worth it. It was fun though.

[quote name='Krams706']Over 80% through the game now, and I'm probably done. All I would have to do is kill all the pigeons, do the remainder of activities with friends, and do the stunt jumps. Not really worth it. It was fun though.[/QUOTE]

same here, though I still have to finish stevie's car list. I'm taking my time with the game now just doing whatever I want while fulfilling little chunks.

[quote name='whiptcracker']As soon as you fly under one, check your map, the one your missing will have a marker on it.

Or go to the website in the game with the map location www.whattheydontwantyoutoknow.com[/quote]

I did go there and there was no link to show the map of them, there was only the guns, health, armor, friend, bad friend, and pigeons. Though thanks for the help :applause::applause:

[quote name='KiLL3r']Here you go[/quote]

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Great. Now I can play online. Too bad all my friends are done with it...

*Edit*

That update doesn't say anything about fixing the "I can't get into a single game. Period." problem. What the fuck?[/quote]

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah, I have to echo your statement: WTF?[/quote]

So, yeah, I downloaded the patch and there was no fix. However I did get a message I've never seen before: "You're router/NAT is to strict".....

The multiplayer blows. About 60% of my attempts at online play end with nobody in the room or a "Disconnected from game session, returning to single player" message.

For me it's very very hard to join an online match , i just get kicked out and it gives me some error and returns me to singleplayer. I have the 360 version. Can anyone help me ?

[quote name='aerotive']The multiplayer blows. About 60% of my attempts at online play end with nobody in the room or a "Disconnected from game session, returning to single player" message.[/quote]

Same problem here !!!

[quote name='aerotive']The multiplayer blows. About 60% of my attempts at online play end with nobody in the room or a "Disconnected from game session, returning to single player" message.[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't get dumped out to your apartment and made to wait for a couple of loading screens.

Ugh, I'm so sick of this games make you violent crap. I just realised something... If you were to say:

I killed that guy in real life because my Stephen King novels inspired me. Everyone would say, "Don't let your kids buy Stephen King novels!"

I tortured that guy because HOSTEL made it look like fun. Everyone would exclaim, "Ban the movie Hostel! It's way to violent!"

I tried to kill myself because I listened to the new Marilyn Manson CD. People would say, "Boycott Marilyn Manson he is the devil!"

BUT, if you were to say; I ran over that guy, because GTA4 influenced me to do so. People would say, "Ban all violent games! Anyone that plays games is a killer!"

It just feels every time I see something that has to do with games and violence it is never targeting a specific game really it's kind of games in general.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Ugh, I'm so sick of this games make you violent crap. I just realised something... If you were to say:

I killed that guy in real life because my Stephen King novels inspired me. Everyone would say, "Don't let your kids buy Stephen King novels!"

I tortured that guy because HOSTEL made it look like fun. Everyone would exclaim, "Ban the movie Hostel! It's way to violent!"

I tried to kill myself because I listened to the new Marilyn Manson CD. People would say, "Boycott Marilyn Manson he is the devil!"

BUT, if you were to say; I ran over that guy, because GTA4 influenced me to do so. People would say, "Ban all violent games! Anyone that plays games is a killer!"

It just feels every time I see something that has to do with games and violence it is never targeting a specific game really it's kind of games in general.[/quote]

woah, that was kinda random

no?

[quote name='moojuice']Has JT even said anything about this game after it was released?[/quote]

Doesn't he have bigger things, like personal legal issues, to worry about nowadays?

Alright, this last mission is driving me absolutely fucking crazy.
I took the money, so I'm on the mission where you have to chase Dimitri's helicopter in a boat, and then jump on to Jacob's helicopter. I CANNOT get onto his helicopter. By the time I get to Jacob, he just zooms off into the sky and I fail the mission. I'd understand this if I was going slow or something, but I'm not. At no point am I not going as fast as possible with the boat. I'm taking all the shortcuts, I'm not taking wide turns or anything, yet I still cannot get to his helicopter in time...

Haha, first off, Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia is awesome.:applause:

Second, try aiming your bike toward the helicopter. Like you are trying to hit it. If that doesn't work.......I remember that I hit the jump an the heli was a little bit higher above my bike, so I could let go and grab on. But I was chasing Petrovic.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Alright, this last mission is driving me absolutely fucking crazy.
I took the money, so I'm on the mission where you have to chase Dimitri's helicopter in a boat, and then jump on to Jacob's helicopter. I CANNOT get onto his helicopter. By the time I get to Jacob, he just zooms off into the sky and I fail the mission. I'd understand this if I was going slow or something, but I'm not. At no point am I not going as fast as possible with the boat. I'm taking all the shortcuts, I'm not taking wide turns or anything, yet I still cannot get to his helicopter in time...
[/quote]

To be honest
In my game Jacob didn't even shoot the helicopter. It just went down after we followed it for a while, and the characters were talking as if we took it down. That was such a relief.

Alright, I managed to get on the helicopter once. I shot, everybody crashed, etc. Anybody have any recommendations on how to
kill Dimitri once we're on the ground again? He just runs and I get swarmed by cops and killed.

[quote name='yukafls']Haha, first off, Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia is awesome.:applause:
[/quote]

True ;)

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Alright, I managed to get on the helicopter once. I shot, everybody crashed, etc. Anybody have any recommendations on how to
kill Dimitri once we're on the ground again? He just runs and I get swarmed by cops and killed.

True ;)[/QUOTE]

I just chased after Dimitri and shot a few cops that got were in the way. I noticed that when I tried to take cover and kill all the cops, they quickly overpowered me.

Alright, at this rate, I will not be completing this game. For some reason, the final mission is now fucking plagued with glitches:

1. Enemies are shooting through walls.

2. After I get knocked off the helicopter, I'm immobile in the water anywhere from five to ten seconds, giving the helicopter a devastating head start.

3. Jacobs helicopter enters at a ridiculous distance. I'm always at least ten boat-lengths away by the time his helicopter is touching the water.

4. To top it all off, I'M DODGING INVISIBLE fuckING ROCKETS!!! The rockets being shot from Dimitri's helicopter are completely invisible. I usually hear them whooshing past me, but about 30% of the time, my boat just explodes out of the blue.

I haven't the slightest idea what the hell is going on, but I'm seriously considering giving up on the whole thing...

bread's done
Back