Grand Theft Auto IV - Gen. Discussion & Info

This may sound like a dumb question, but if you drive on top of someone that isn't dead and have your tire on them, do they still pop right up as if they weren't just crushed, like in all of the old GTAs? This has always been one of my irritations, albeit minor, with the series.

I never got into any of the GTA games, even though at one point in time I bought San Andreas at full price because I was "suckered" by high reviews. Well not going to happen this time again.

However, does anyone thing the multiplayer is going to be badass? Because honestly that's the only reason I would buy this game at more then $20. I'm really into Vegas/other fps Multiplayer and Saints Row was pretty good outside of the latency. Any word of advice to someone buying this just for multiplayer?

[quote name='bil4ltool']This may sound like a dumb question, but if you drive on top of someone that isn't dead and have your tire on them, do they still pop right up as if they weren't just crushed, like in all of the old GTAs? This has always been one of my irritations, albeit minor, with the series.[/quote]I don't think so. I recall an IGN podcast bringing this exact thing up about messing with a police officer by luring him out of his car and running him over and pinning him with it.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I don't think so. I recall an IGN podcast bringing this exact thing up about messing with a police officer by luring him out of his car and running him over and pinning him with it.[/quote]

I used to do that in San Andreas, so its not new to this game.

I have decided not even to wait for CC and the giftcard and just pick it up at gamestop at midnight. Im going to sleep as soon as I get off work, wake up at 1145 and go pick it up and then come back and play and then go back to sleep again and then go to work.

[quote name='anomynous']Can't wait for this.......

Is there any way to register your gamertag on Rockstar Social Club yet?[/quote]
Not yet, you probably can on the 29th.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Just saw a video that said you cant....
ride the ferris wheel
... damn![/QUOTE]
WHAT? That's it, I'm not excited anymore.

after watching the gametrailers trailer review im even more excited. The few dialog parts GT put in the review were actually funny.

guy: "whats your name again?"

niko: "big mouth prick"

guy: blah blah blah"sit down. Cousin...niko, thats it! Niko, not big mouth prick. You funny guy."

niko: "I try."

ride the ferris wheel
... damn![/quote]

Boo. Even Crackdown let you do that!

The video makes me want to get some dudes together and play King Kong.

So...is there a subway system in Liberty City? I know you can get in a taxi and go anywhere you want...but if this is supposed to be NYC I want to ride the subway, dammit.

[quote name='bmachine']

So...is there a subway system in Liberty City? I know you can get in a taxi and go anywhere you want...but if this is supposed to be NYC I want to ride the subway, dammit.[/quote]

yup

ride the ferris wheel
... damn![/quote]

the entire carnival is unoperational .. early on, at least

[quote name='help1']Dude, we could so play a clover field game type with the subway system.[/QUOTE]

How would that work? I know this is off topic, but I finally saw the movie last night. I thought it was really sad :(

[quote name='janglypangly']How would that work? I know this is off topic, but I finally saw the movie last night. I thought it was really sad :([/quote]

Warning: Contains Cloverfield spoilers, and critical opinion.
Sad as in: I wanted a better fucken movie and not this half-assed attempt at some sort of bizzare love triangle BS, Sad?

or Sad as in: Boo hoo, the 2 dimensional red shirt main characters that I had no real interest in and couldn't give two shits about got eaten, exploded and blown up.

:)

Clovefield spoilers:
Cloverfield was awesome, you are wrong, you will always be wrong, and I want you to remember that whenever you do anything.

[quote name='janglypangly']How would that work? I know this is off topic, but I finally saw the movie last night. I thought it was really sad :([/quote]

Eh, I would need to see the multiplayer options to think something up.

I did see one really good idea on another forum though. Everyone gets ontop of a train and fights. Last person left standing wins. The guy called it GTASSBB.

[quote name='xcoax']I know I'm going with the 360 version over the PS3 just so I can play with all my friends on XBL. I'll take a few lower resolution textures and a bit of pop up if that means I can do drive by's with all my friends.

That said, I saddened that Toys R Us isn't doing a midnight release for the game, but I'd rather use a giftcard than have to pay cash out of my pocket to do it. I'll just have to wake up early and get there right when they open.[/quote]

I'll be seeing you online Hamster.

[quote name='joe2187']Warning: Contains Cloverfield spoilers, and critical opinion.
Sad as in: I wanted a better fucken movie and not this half-assed attempt at some sort of bizzare love triangle BS, Sad?

or Sad as in: Boo hoo, the 2 dimensional red shirt main characters that I had no real interest in and couldn't give two shits about got eaten, exploded and blown up.

:)[/quote]

The whole love story thing was bullshit...but every part with the giant ass monster was awesome.

[quote name='Mattte']
The whole love story thing was bullshit...but every part with the giant ass monster was awesome.
[/QUOTE]

That's the problem, them monster shows up for 5% of the film. Lamesauce.

Also, something something GTA something something on-topic.

So any idea how well this game will run on the PSN compared to XBL? I kinda want this for the PS3 for some apparent reason.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']So any idea how well this game will run on the PSN compared to XBL? I kinda want this for the PS3 for some apparent reason.[/quote]
You should definitely read up on this, if you haven't already. Seems to like people are worrying too much about it. Choosing one doesn't exactly outweigh the other by a lot. As long as your buying a copy you're gonna enjoy it. :D

My god, I watched some of the gameplay videos today and was nearly hyperventilating. I'm going to fucking drown in this game during my week off between semesters.

:lol: nvm... some people claim my points of this game being a huge turning point in gaming are questionable. statements I probably made about a year or so ago.

side note: does anyone have any idea what gamestop's event is actually doing from 6pm to 12 midnight? my guess is prizes and stuff.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: nvm... some people claim my points of this game being a huge turning point in gaming are questionable. statements I probably made about a year or so ago.

side note: does anyone have any idea what gamestop's event is actually doing from 6pm to 12 midnight? my guess is prizes and stuff.[/quote]

My call just said "show up at 6 to register". No idea.
Odds are ours isn't giving away jack shit. And there's no way i'm standing there for 6 hours. I'll prob show up at 6 and see what's up, then go back around 11 or so.

The guy working there said to me "there's no rush, if it were me 11 would work".

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']My call just said "show up at 6 to register". No idea.
Odds are ours isn't giving away jack shit. And there's no way i'm standing there for 6 hours. I'll prob show up at 6 and see what's up, then go back around 11 or so.

The guy working there said to me "there's no rush, if it were me 11 would work".[/QUOTE]

mkay, makes sense. I did get a phone call from "ashley" or whatever that GS phone call message lady is stating that events will start at 6pm so something must be planned. might be certain stores though. I'll be there at 6pm though.

well, at 6 you can finalize your purchase even if you already payed in full. They will give you your reciept and then at 12 all you have to do is show someone your reciept and your done with the game.

RR, where did you hear that you unlock MP items in single player?

I didn't/haven't unlocked anything.

The only way I've been able to unlock items is by ranking up in multi.

[quote name='zewone']RR, where did you hear that you unlock MP items in single player?[/quote]

I also heard this as well.
It was in a preview a few weeks ago I believe.

[quote name='Smeag']yay my copy shipped today from amazon though its estimated delivery is May 2nd[/quote]

When did you place your order?

[quote name='zewone']RR, where did you hear that you unlock MP items in single player?

I didn't/haven't unlocked anything.

The only way I've been able to unlock items is by ranking up in multi.[/QUOTE]

hmmm... that's weird. I think it was in one of the houser interviews. It might be that there are only a few unlockables from single player or none.

also, has the rockstar social club officially gone live yet?

Haven't kept up with the news but is midnight release for gta4 happening tonight (in ~22hrs) or tomorrow night at midnight (~46hrs)? I was thinking the second option but I think I got it confused with ship date but haven't got a clue.

If anyone else picking gta4 wants to add me on xbox live they can (can always use more friends).

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']hmmm... that's weird. I think it was in one of the houser interviews. It might be that there are only a few unlockables from single player or none.

also, has the rockstar social club officially gone live yet?[/quote]

I wonder if we will get to show off our stats like a 360 gamercard. That would be sweet.

Also curious what that marathon is.

Amazon just shipped mine. So you next-dayers of amazon.com should get yours by Tuesday, and I'll be getting mine Wednesday. That was a great surprise for me.

[quote name='menikmati']To any CAGs that are getting the Special Edition, are any of you willing to part with your R* keychain?[/quote]

:lol:

bread's done
Back