Grand Theft Auto V Discussion Thread

0_0.jpg

I took this pic after a mission. And as I parachuted off a burning cargo plane to this spot, the bg music that the game was playing was so good. It sounded almost like that skyrim "secunda" theme, freakin awesome. Gonna search for that track once im done with this game. The lighting is impressive too. 

EDIT: Another pic I took long time ago.

0_0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah the cross hair is not bright and can suck at times but auto aim is pretty good for me.
How do you aim properly? When I move to different targets it jumps to different enemies. AFAIK you're supposed to make a quick left/right jab with the right stick to switch targets, but it switches on it's own when simply holding down the right stick.

Anyone else having problems aiming in this game? For one, the cross hair is barely visible at times and worse, the game is 50/50 on locking onto targets as well as it switches targets on you when you try to manually move to different targets on your own. I'm thinking of switching to another control setup but not sure the game is meant to be played by other setups.
You can change the crosshair/aim reticule in settings > display > weapon target > complex. It's easier to see and I think the same as GTA IV's .

i disagree we wil see pc early to mid 2014 i doudt we see anything on next gen when it comes to gta v I will say it's possible gta online makes it's way to next gen in late 2014. But really i just makes no sense to me why people would hold out on this amazing game just to get semi better grapchis and the same gameplay.

look how long it took for them to come out for gta game on 360/ps3 just under 3 years. rockstar has no need to release this game on next gen and rush the game and turns out to be a bad port seeing the giant install base of 360/pc/360 is so dang big and i really think for first year or two the insall base for x1/ps4 will be way lower then when 360/ps3 launched.
To me, Playstation 3 games are not the current generation games. They're the last generation aka Generation 7. We're in Generation 8 right now and I'm already in that mindset especially considering how much money the Playstation 4 is going to cost me. I have plenty f gen 7 games I'll never get to and I just don't want to spend top dollar on games for old hardware.

I view Grand Theft Auto as a big franchise game like Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, Madden, Battlefield, ect and I see no need to play the inferior version if there is going to be a better version on the Playstation 4. If it doesn't happen, then to me it's not the end of the world. I have plenty of generation 7 games and I have no problem picking it up later. As it is right now, I already have plenty of games to hold me over until I pick up my Playstation 4 with my backlog of games.

However, I do understand that to some that this is their favorite series ever so it makes sense for them to want to get it as soon as possible. I'm not in that crowd, but I am interested in playing if and when it makes its way onto the Playstation 4.

You guys waiting on the ps4 version of grave....how good will it really be? It'll be the same game with the same issues. With only slightly better graphics, I would rather for them to begin work on the gta v (sub story) or gta vi, rather than re hashing this game again. If you can sell a great game twice, it must be done,

Hell no. I'm a PC guy, so I hate aiming with a controller. Auto-aim makes it somewhat bearable.
Same here. Once you go Mouse + Keyboard, it's hard to go back to a controller.

The Auto Aim makes the game somewhat playable. If auto aim was not there, it would be a mess for me.

0_0.jpg

Not in mission. I just entered Trevor's trailer and saw this lol. His dialogue/sounds he makes while doing this was funnier.

Is there a way to make the hint/subtitle/other text on the screen bigger? I sit about 10 feet away from my 32" LCD and the on screen text is impossible to see. I haven't noticed this issue in ages. 

Damn, 10 feet away from a 32" screen? That's seems way too far. I sit like seven feet away from my 50".

To answer your question though, I don't believe there is a way to make text larger.

Is there a way to make the hint/subtitle/other text on the screen bigger? I sit about 10 feet away from my 32" LCD and the on screen text is impossible to see. I haven't noticed this issue in ages.
same problem here. Have a 32" in my bedroom mounted in the corner, it's about 8-10ft away from my face and I'm constantly squinting. At the time that TV was $750. Can't bring myself to upgrade as it still works perfectly. I hope an update comes out to increase font eventually.

Damn, 10 feet away from a 32" screen? That's seems way too far. I sit like seven feet away from my 50".

To answer your question though, I don't believe there is a way to make text larger.
I recently moved and before, I was only sitting about 7 feet away and remember GTAIV having small text but I guess I was close enough that I never had trouble. I played 3 other games before starting GTAV and none of those games had such tiny text. I honestly don't see any reason why the text is so small.

same problem here. Have a 32" in my bedroom mounted in the corner, it's about 8-10ft away from my face and I'm constantly squinting. At the time that TV was $750. Can't bring myself to upgrade as it still works perfectly. I hope an update comes out to increase font eventually.
Same issue here. All of our HDTVs are fairly old and were purchased 4-6 years ago so it's kinda hard to justify upgrading when we paid so much for them and they all work perfectly fine and still have great image quality.

I sit about 5-7 feet from 32'' and the text is barely big enough to read, but the size makes it hard to read fast enough.

I think it might just depend. I can see it fine from 5 ft, but when I move back to 7ft, it becomes pretty much iffy. Oh well... guess I just have to get up and look closely when text comes up. 

Anyway, do I ever get the chance to kill Micheal's family (as Micheal or anyone else)? I fucking hate them... 

Just a bunch of pics I took

0_0.jpg

Over the tallest bulding in the city.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Great game. Now that I got millions, it's time to do the Lester missions. :twoguns:

I think it might just depend. I can see it fine from 5 ft, but when I move back to 7ft, it becomes pretty much iffy. Oh well... guess I just have to get up and look closely when text comes up.

Anyway, do I ever get the chance to kill Micheal's family (as Micheal or anyone else)? I fucking hate them...
Arg I hate questions like this. If someone answers please use spoiler tags.

I just made 11 mil oer character by investing all my money to PIS last night, then selling it today. The $9 per share jumped to $12. And the price is still climbing. HAL stocks are great to buy too.

What is the deal with stocks? I honestly don't get the rationale. 

Like the LifeInvader one where you kill the founder on TV. Lester tells you to buy the stock when it's low and sell high. I bought the stock after it dropped a bit and so far (and many missions later), it's still going down. Then there was the mission with Franklin that Lester gives out. You kill the four jurors bribed by the tobacco company and Lester tells you it'll be good news for their stockholders. I don't get why since the tobacco company will now lose the case and their price should plummet, and yet, their prices have been increasing.

I only have one stock that's turning a huge profit for me from some random company.  

Also, is anyone able to see all of their stats on the RS Social Club website? I can only see how many hours I've played as each character, but not my other stats or pictures. 

The way I see it, Trading stocks is the only reasonable way of gaining huge money to buy properties w/o spending too much time playing the game. Right now each of mv characters have 45mil each, and the fastest way for me to buy the properties I want is through stock trading. Also its got that gambling feel to it lol. But with better odds of winning. If you lost a shit ton of money, just load your last save with the most money and invest on a better company.

If I get lucky and made 100mil each character, that is when I might continue my lester missions.

Like the LifeInvader one where you kill the founder on TV. Lester tells you to buy the stock when it's low and sell high. I bought the stock after it dropped a bit and so far (and many missions later), it's still going down. Then there was the mission with Franklin that Lester gives out. You kill the four jurors bribed by the tobacco company and Lester tells you it'll be good news for their stockholders. I don't get why since the tobacco company will now lose the case and their price should plummet, and yet, their prices have been increasing.

I only have one stock that's turning a huge profit for me from some random company.

Also, is anyone able to see all of their stats on the RS Social Club website? I can only see how many hours I've played as each character, but not my other stats or pictures.
You do know you buy the competing companies stocks, right? You don't buy the stock of whatever company you're sabotaging.

oh shoot. Forgot to click the spoilers tag when I first responded... Yep, you should invest to the competing company's stock before you complete the mission. Complete the assassination then Once you feltthe value has peaked, sell all your stocks for huge profit.. Now this next step may or may not work.. Invest your money now to the company thathas its stock value reach rock bottom, once it rebounds sell it and you get more money.

You do know you buy the competing companies stocks, right? You don't buy the stock of whatever company you're sabotaging.
Except that:

LifeInvader has no competition (AFAIK, at least) and the tobacco company's stock price keeps going up even after the job, when it fact their price should have fallen as they lost their lawsuit according to the radio broadcast.

That's what I was wondering about. But I think I get it now since I actually looked at some stocks and the charts. I see that they all follow the same basic pattern, regardless of what happens in the story, which only seemed to have played a role in the LifeInvader stock.

You guys notice any of the weird bugs introduced by the online patch? So far I've seen cars spawn parked in the middle of the street and with telephone poles inside them. Entering Tequi-la-la makes me fall through the world now for about 30 seconds until the game re-spawns me behind the place, and buying a parachute sometimes results in the clerk working at the store walking out leaving me no choice but to reload a save.

None of these things happened to me prior to the patch. Also, anyone notice a new car? Prior to today I never saw the Karin Futo, but now it's everywhere.

You guys notice any of the weird bugs introduced by the online patch? So far I've seen cars spawn parked in the middle of the street and with telephone poles inside them. Entering Tequi-la-la makes me fall through the world now for about 30 seconds until the game re-spawns me behind the place, and buying a parachute sometimes results in the clerk working at the store walking out leaving me no choice but to reload a save.

None of these things happened to me prior to the patch. Also, anyone notice a new car? Prior to today I never saw the Karin Futo, but now it's everywhere.
I'm not sure if this is related, but I'm stuck as Trevor with no missions. I just finished Micheal's
"get back the family" mission
when the game switched me to Trevor (annoyingly placed in a middle of nowhere, with no transportation or cloths, as usual) but he has no missions active. I can't switch back to Micheal or Frank.

All I have are some strangers and freaks missions but no story missions.

Beyond that though, the BASDAQ has been down for maintenance for me since I updated.

I really think the GTA series has to have a female character thrown into the mix. Would be refreshing to play as a hostile female.  Borderline...feels like I'm going to lose my mind!!!

peple with millions upon millionshave you alreadybeat the story ? im like 4 missions away from end and most myguys have is about 700 k
Yep, keep going. It will be great too if you still have around 3-4 lester missions left to help you make money much faster post-story. If not, that is okay, just put your money on PIS. Then watch that dough rise.

I am curious does the digital version still have poor optimization issues? Will that be fixed or is it a done deal?
I imagine it always will. The game is made to load from two separate sources. Unless they take the time and money to go back and figure out a way to make loading from a single source viable, I'd think people who purchase digitally will just have to live with the extra pop-in.

Has any one had freezing issues after the last patch?  Ive seen all kinds of stuff online with people complaining about it, but Rockstar not saying anything about it except normal tech support.  This has become unplayable.  I cant get any kind of decent session going.

I figured out that my blue ray drive is almost dead.  I cant get anything to play on it.  I tried everything under the sun to fix it.  I even bought a cleaning disc and nothing.  Im going to sell it on ebay in hopes to get something for it.  I always see some one buying them for parts.  This was my only gaming device and I dont have any money for the PS4.  Im not happy.

I figured out that my blue ray drive is almost dead.  I cant get anything to play on it.  I tried everything under the sun to fix it.  I even bought a cleaning disc and nothing.  Im going to sell it on ebay in hopes to get something for it.  I always see some one buying them for parts.  This was my only gaming device and I dont have any money for the PS4.  Im not happy.
then get a ps3 during this black friday, or wait till gta v is release on pc, if you have a gaming pc already

gta v online heists release in early 2015, now i can finally put my heist car into use

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52365/gta-online-heists-new-trailer-and-info
Finally!!! :whee:

"Each heist requires 4 players all at rank 12 or above, with one player as the designated heist leader. Leading a heist requires owning a high-end apartment so that you have a room available to set up the planning board. From there you’ll be able to launch missions as the leader, starting with the prep work and building up to the score itself."

So now that Heists have officially been announced, I'm going to start playing again. Looking for some decent & mature people to do Heists with. I originally played at PS3 launch then rebought for the PS4 at launch. I'm in no way the best GTA online player, but I play fair. If you would like to play GTA Heists just add me on PS4, bleedingwicked. Just make sure to put from CAG.

So now that Heists have officially been announced, I'm going to start playing again. Looking for some decent & mature people to do Heists with. I originally played at PS3 launch then rebought for the PS4 at launch. I'm in no way the best GTA online player, but I play fair. If you would like to play GTA Heists just add me on PS4, bleedingwicked. Just make sure to put from CAG.
you might want to make sure you purchased a high end apartment, just incase you want to start heist, instead of waiting others. even tho the heist leader upfront the cost of the heist in the beginning. and does not get paid till the end. only those who owns a high end apartment can start heist.

here is a guide to what is consider high end apartments, along with interiors, and view of those apartments

http://gtaforums.com/topic/617422-apartment-database-photos-included/

bread's done
Back