Feedback
33 (100%)
gtavl.png

- Official Website -
http://www.rockstargames.com/

- Trailer #1 -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE7bzt0Z9dw

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The 7th Number']So GTA V might be in Los Angeles? Color me disappointed. I wanted Vice City.[/QUOTE]Me too. Or, if not that, a whole new location. Either way, the thing I'm most hoping for in GTA V is a slightly less serious tone, and a little more of the humor that drew me to the series in the first place.

I too was hoping for a Vice City reprise, ah well.

Now I have my fingers crossed for a 1970s L.A. Rockstar always hits it outta the park when they dip into another decade, and I'm pretty sure they haven't given the '70s a go yet. Would make for excellent radio stations, cars, and characters.

[quote name='bsmiff']I too was hoping for a Vice City reprise, ah well.

Now I have my fingers crossed for a 1970s L.A. Rockstar always hits it outta the park when they dip into another decade, and I'm pretty sure they haven't given the '70s a go yet. Would make for excellent radio stations, cars, and characters.[/QUOTE]

Yeah im really hoping that if its Los Angeles, that its set in the late 60s early 70s. Im sure it will still be good in present day, but would love to see it.

Why in the world would it be LA when LA doesn't exist in the GTA world?

Also why is this in the 360 thread?

[quote name='Tantalus']Why in the world would it be LA when LA doesn't exist in the GTA world?

Also why is this in the 360 thread?[/QUOTE]

It probably wont be called LA, but based off it. IDK i made it in 360 section, because thats what system i have, i know there is a ps3 thread too. Merge them if a mod wants to, and put it in general gaming. Dont bother me any.

[quote name='Tantalus']Why in the world would it be LA when LA doesn't exist in the GTA world?

Also why is this in the 360 thread?[/QUOTE]

The same reason any other multiplatform game gets it's own thread. Some of us don't travel to the general, ps3, pc sections.

Of course R* doesn't use real cities but they are saying a city based off of LA

cool. so if the hype starts next week.....max payne 3 is early 12.....GTA5 will be october/novemeber 2012? this is exciting though always been a big GTA fan cant wait to see what they do next.

[quote name='Tantalus']That's what Los Santos was.[/QUOTE]

This. I remember there was a recording goof with the police in San Andreas, where the police chasing in the helicopter referred to themselves as the Los Angeles Police Department.

[quote name='Tantalus']That's what Los Santos was.[/QUOTE]

Remember that GTA3's Liberty City is much different from GTA4's, which obviously pulled much more inspiration straight from NYC. If in GTA5 they're going for an LA-style city, I'd assume they'll maintain the Los Santos monicker, but rework the look and feel entirely. Naturally this is all speculation. I'm just glad we're not in Liberty City again.

[quote name='sp00ge']This. I remember there was a recording goof with the police in San Andreas, where the police chasing in the helicopter referred to themselves as the Los Angeles Police Department.[/QUOTE]Wow, I never noticed that. Almost makes me want to hook my PS2 back up and look for it.

[quote name='Danimal']Wow, I never noticed that. Almost makes me want to hook my PS2 back up and look for it.[/QUOTE]

Crazy, but all of the videos I can find online are corrected. It may have been in the AO (Hot Coffee) version and was fixed with the re-release. I had the original PS2 release and recall it vividly.

[quote name='sp00ge']Crazy, but all of the videos I can find online are corrected. It may have been in the AO (Hot Coffee) version and was fixed with the re-release. I had the original PS2 release and recall it vividly.[/QUOTE]I've still got my original PS2 release copy around here somewhere. Do you know if the goof was specific to one certain mission, or could you get helicopters chasing you any time you got your wanted level high enough? I love goofs like this; I'd really like to hear it.

[quote name='Danimal']I've still got my original PS2 release copy around here somewhere. Do you know if the goof was specific to one certain mission, or could you get helicopters chasing you any time you got your wanted level high enough? I love goofs like this; I'd really like to hear it.[/QUOTE]

It's in the cutscene from the mission "Reuniting the Families."

I love GTA, bought the original for PC back when Babbage's imported limited quantities from the UK prior to an official NA release.

We've had GTA: Past (Read Dead), GTA: Present (GTA 1-4), it's now time for GTA: Future. A Rockstar created sandbox game set in a futuristic city with flying cars, jet packs, laser guns, etc. Something where they aren't bound by "current" technology in-game, but still retaining that Rockstar level of design, voice acting, and attention to detail. Think Mass Effect meets GTA. :drool:

[quote name='62t']maybe if they fix the control during driving[/QUOTE]

I concur. This is one of the main reasons I quit playing the last one. That, and the annoying phone calls from friends wanting to go for a drink/bowling/driving while I was out doing missions.

[quote name='slickkill77']Make it less boring. Realistic /= fun all the time[/QUOTE]

This is the reason I have more play time with Saints Row 2 than GTA4.

I can't wait. I'd love a modern GTA take on Vice City or San Andreas with all three cities.

My biggest issue with GTA IV was that it was too urban and crowded, with no good places to race and chase at high speeds for long distances. I loved racing out of the city and into the countryside in San Andreas.

I never thought GTA IV was boring. But once you get to the half way point, there seems to be too many people for me to considerate on. Near the end its like what, who, huh???? I thought this guy was that guy. Oh wait. LOL. I still think GTA IV was a great game. I felt crushed when Roman died after the wedding, on my first play through. I didnt even want to continue after that. I dont think a game ever hit me that deep. Even as annoying as he was, i didnt want to go on without him. The driving was kind of annoying, felt like the streets were made of ice. Im not gunna lie and say past GTA werent as fun, but GTA IV was a really good game in its own right. I cant wait for GTA V trailer.

Couldn't think of a better cag to run this thread. I was out of the country and refuse to pay the ridiculous data service prices when this broke..I was very excited when I saw this thread.

I was hoping more for a gta set in the midwest. You know..niko meets harvest moon? Nothin more fun than car jackin combines and tractor pull racing.

In all seriousness I loved gta4. And played the multiplayer forever (still do some racing every now and then). I hope the character development is just as strong in this game. 7th number you are right about the shock over Roman..and I liked the whole gay tony crew too (especially Yusif 'arab money' Amir). I'll be a little disappointed if its LA..bc I dont think they can remake Los Santos and pull it off. How would they include The Hills if it was set in modern day?

There's a countdown going on the site. Looks like the trailer will go live at 12:00 noon, EST.

I was hoping it would go up earlier than that. I sleep during the day and work nights, so I won't see it until 7:30-8:00 tonight, before I leave for work. Oh well.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I never thought GTA IV was boring. But once you get to the half way point, there seems to be too many people for me to considerate on. Near the end its like what, who, huh???? I thought this guy was that guy. Oh wait. LOL. I still think GTA IV was a great game. I felt crushed when Roman died after the wedding, on my first play through. I didnt even want to continue after that. I dont think a game ever hit me that deep. Even as annoying as he was, i didnt want to go on without him. The driving was kind of annoying, felt like the streets were made of ice. Im not gunna lie and say past GTA werent as fun, but GTA IV was a really good game in its own right. I cant wait for GTA V trailer.[/QUOTE]
Still haven't gotten around to beating GTA 4. Thanks for the spoilers.. :whistle2:#:whistle2:#:whistle2:#

lol but in all seriousness, looking forward to this trailer going up in a little bit.

Well, trailer come, trailer go and well, I'm not excited. Character models and animations look good, assuming some of those shots were actual game footage.

But I'm not just seeing anything new or exciting, not in this trailer, at least. Based on the narration, it's the same cliche' story; Bad guy leaves his dark past to start a new life somewhere else... and I think we can guess what happens.

I'll have to wait for more video before I even get a little excited about it. :/

EDIT: And yes, that is the real trailer.

[quote name='sp00ge']Well, trailer come, trailer go and well, I'm not that excited. Character models and animations look good, assuming some of those shots were actual game footage.

But I'm not just seeing anything new or exciting, not in this trailer, at least. Based on the narration, it's the same cliche' story; Bad guy leaves his dark past to start a new life somewhere else... and I think we can guess what happens.

I'll have to wait for more video before I even get a little excited about it. :/[/QUOTE]

Oh, you and your feigned indifference...

Yeah that trailer was a letdown. Not vice city, the main character seems meh, at least it showed off LA, mountains, and jets. Then again that doesnt mean we can use the jets, or go into the mountains.

There was still the rumor of the game having 2 main characters to play as, im still hoping the 2nd character is a woman. Could be his GF or wife, not sure what his status is.

I thought rockstar said this was a different universe from old GTA games, so i dont see them using any old characters from last generation of GTA games.

There is also a dog walking with a couple on the beach, first time ever for dogs in gta.

I want this to be good... but I don't think they will fix the driving or the controls..

For me, Saints row has surpassed GTA in just about every way..

[quote name='Doomtime']That does sound like Ray and a lot of people are thinking it's an older Tommy V[/QUOTE]

Rosenberg: Hey, just like old times, huh, Tommy?
CJ: Who the fuck is Tommy?

[quote name='kevgret']I want this to be good... but I don't think they will fix the driving or the controls..

For me, Saints row has surpassed GTA in just about every way..[/QUOTE]

Not story wise, or characters, or detail to cities. Yeah saints row is fun, but it aint on the same level as GTA games. GTA has all the little things that make it great also. I do like Saints Row though.

[quote name='GUNNM']is that ray liota talking?[/QUOTE]

After watching it a few times, that's all I can hear is Ray Liotta.

So we are following up on Tommy Vercetti? I approve! :D

bread's done
Back