Grand Theft Auto V GameStop Exclusive Collector's Edition Xbox 360

Doesn't look like there has been much of a price drop here. I would dare say this is probably the MSRP for this edition.

Thanks for trying OP but I don't see a need to post this just yet since its been available for preorder for a little bit. Best to wait till a deal comes up on this before posting it in the "deals" forums of the website.

This isn't really "news" or a "deal" but the 360 CE had been sold out for at least a little bit earlier this week and a quick look at eBay shows that the DLC could be sold to help offset the cost

Nah, there are some really huge GTA fans worldwide and there will be a huge demand for this very limited snapback and security deposit bag. These fans just don't have access to this edition and will pay a pretty penny for these things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, there are some really huge GTA fans out there and there will be a huge demand for this very limited snapback and security deposit bag. There are some fans that just don't have access to this edition worldwide and will pay a pretty penny for these things.
this was exclusive to the usa?

I just watched the unboxing of the Gamestop CE, and factoring in the price, it's by far one of the worst I have ever seem

The Special edition already felt like a cash in, giving you only a steelbook, some rather uninteresting DLC (IMO) and a map for an extra $20... but I want that steelbook...

Unless you plan on flipping the (rather scarce) extra items for a profit, I would personally advice staying away from this CE

Nah, there are some really huge GTA fans worldwide and there will be a huge demand for this very limited snapback and security deposit bag. These fans just don't have access to this edition and will pay a pretty penny for these things.
My plan is to sell all the junk and keep the steel book and game. I should end up getting it for 50% off the MSRP of the regular edition once everything is sold. Hopefully, anyway. I wish I could have gotten the special edition. I would have only paid $5 for the damn game...

I believe so as it was a GameStop North American exclusive from what I recall.
I'm not so sure that's correct, I just watched a Russia unboxing video.
I believe you're correct Tarskldx, but you misunderstood the statement. The edition is exclusive to GameStop in the United States, which means exactly what it says. This edition can only be bought form GS in the US, not this edition is only for US consumers who buy from GS.

Put my special edition dlc on ebay. No dlc is worth $30+.

unless you count the ultimate alliance 2 stuff, id pay 30 for that if they re released it...

Put my special edition dlc on ebay. No dlc is worth $30+.

unless you count the ultimate alliance 2 stuff, id pay 30 for that if they re released it...
Lol i made $240 selling 2 mortal kombat dlcs.

I bought the kollectors and tournament edition from Amazon, and they came with 2 reptile dlc bonuses. Reptile happened to be the most wanted dlc; and boy did inscore big.

I spent $260 on both editions, and thanks to the dlcs, i only paid $20. Then i had 2 copies of MK, and sold one for $45. I made a profit buying the 2 editions lol. Oh man... Good stuff good stuff

Nah, there are some really huge GTA fans worldwide and there will be a huge demand for this very limited snapback and security deposit bag. These fans just don't have access to this edition and will pay a pretty penny for these things.
considering ebay, shipping and paypal fees not to mention the time it costs i don't think there's a 100 dollars worth of profit in these items.

considering ebay, shipping and paypal fees not to mention the time it costs i don't think there's a 100 dollars worth of profit in these items.
I have seen so many rare gutted Collector's Editions that have sold individual items like the art book, soundtrack, trinkets, DLC and they would total 2-3 times the amount of the MSRP and this is without the game.

Here is the sale of the actual CE with DLC and it doubled the MSRP.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GRAND-THEFT-AUTO-V-5-GAMESTOP-EXCLUSIVE-COLLECTORS-EDITION-XBOX-360-DLC-BLIMP-/321209215664?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4ac98faab0#ht_182wt_1171

Here is just the DLC that came in this edition and it reached $100 with over 20 bids, but it did not reach the reserve price. This is JUST for the DLC in this Collector's Edition and no extra physical items. You get to keep all of the extra stuff and game for $50 if the guy actually sold this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grand-Theft-Auto-5-PS3-ALL-DLC-CODE-VOUCHERS-Gamestop-Collectors-Edition-Digital-/331024539643?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d12999ffb#ht_1133wt_1285

Just wondering, I saw they were advertising a poster and whatnot, do any of you know how they give those out? Do you have to go in the store and request one, do they ship it with the game, or did only the people who pre-ordered in the store get one? 

Just wondering, I saw they were advertising a poster and whatnot, do any of you know how they give those out? Do you have to go in the store and request one, do they ship it with the game, or did only the people who pre-ordered in the store get one?
They had a huge box with a ton of these that were rolled up with a rubber band around it. As soon as I picked up my CE, they gave me one.

I have seen so many rare gutted Collector's Editions that have sold individual items like the art book, soundtrack, trinkets, DLC and they would total 2-3 times the amount of the MSRP and this is without the game.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GRAND-THEFT-AUTO-V-5-GAMESTOP-EXCLUSIVE-COLLECTORS-EDITION-XBOX-360-DLC-BLIMP-/321209215664?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4ac98faab0#ht_182wt_1171

Here is just the DLC that came in this edition and it reached $100 with over 20 bids, but it did not reach the reserve price. This is JUST for the DLC in this Collector's Edition and no extra physical items. You get to keep all of the extra stuff and game for $50 if the guy actually sold this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grand-Theft-Auto-5-PS3-ALL-DLC-CODE-VOUCHERS-Gamestop-Collectors-Edition-Digital-/331024539643?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d12999ffb#ht_1133wt_1285
No way. I'll bet anything that guy bid his own item up, because no other copies are going for nearly that much, even the ones selling internationally. I know eBay users are dumb as hell, but none are dumb enough to pay that when there's one just below it on the list for more than $100 less for BIN.

I would not trust ebay auctions on items that look like they are selling at crazy prices. Most of the time these are people trying to scam the seller. If they pay for the item, they wait for it to arrive, then file a bogus claim. They way the system is setup, they end up with the item for nothing and you are out the game and have to refund them. Be careful. Look at the bidders, they are usually new or have a low feedback like 1.

I would not trust ebay auctions on items that look like they are selling at crazy prices. Most of the time these are people trying to scam the seller. If they pay for the item, they wait for it to arrive, then file a bogus claim. They way the system is setup, they end up with the item for nothing and you are out the game and have to refund them. Be careful. Look at the bidders, they are usually new or have a low feedback like 1.
I can't disagree with that, but don't seller protection apply especially with long standing sellers and newbie buyers?

Doesn't look like there has been much of a price drop here. I would dare say this is probably the MSRP for this edition.

Thanks for trying OP but I don't see a need to post this just yet since its been available for preorder for a little bit. Best to wait till a deal comes up on this before posting it in the "deals" forums of the website.
Quit being so uptight.

Posting hard to find items in the deals section has been common for years.

I can't disagree with that, but don't seller protection apply especially with long standing sellers and newbie buyers?
There's some leeway, but you're technically not allowed to sell digital goods like this on eBay. To get by it you're supposed to mail the physical items (DLC cards, etc...) via the same shipment methods as any other tangible item.

Yeah...no.

A week ago a zero feedback bought my SF4 and claimed it was not SFxTekken, although I listed in the SF4 category, said SF4 in the tile and detailed description, and all around item photos (I never use stock photo). eBay refunded the buyer and charged me without any decision whatsoever. Seller protection has never worked in my favor, never.

not true about their feedback. the person that did that to me had blue star 100% feedback. luckily she told me to get insurance for the item when i shipped it because she had bad experiences before. I used to never get insurance but i did this time because i found the whole thing fishy. (she bought a 3ds and 2 games at full MSRP AND told me to get insurance). Are there any sites that out these ebayers because this is ridiculous. i'd like to out this bitch for scamming so other sellers can beware. needless to say now i always get the insurance.

Found a BBY with stock of the PS3 special edition 16 miles away from my house... got one for me, now I'm wondering if I should buy a couple of extras to resell...

I already ended up with 3 regular copies... oh well...

not true about their feedback. the person that did that to me had blue star 100% feedback. luckily she told me to get insurance for the item when i shipped it because she had bad experiences before. I used to never get insurance but i did this time because i found the whole thing fishy. (she bought a 3ds and 2 games at full MSRP AND told me to get insurance). Are there any sites that out these ebayers because this is ridiculous. i'd like to out this bitch for scamming so other sellers can beware. needless to say now i always get the insurance.
Type the users name here. At the very least if anyone googles it, it'll pop up.

Seems like every best buy in my area is carrying it so I may go pick one up tomorrow!

ISXF1Lc.png

So opinion..... Keep it sealed and hope it's worth a ton later... Piece apart and sell the collector's stuff... Or sell all together???

The DLC seems like I should at least sell it but any opinion would be appreciated

I don't see this CE holding value. It was available for preorder for months and I found stores around me with stock today. It seems rare right now because there is a lot of buzz around the game and everyone wants a piece of the action.

I believe the collectors who want this will already have it; the casuals who are driving up the price for it right now (sealed or parted out) will get the items they want now. As time goes on the hype will die down and it will be harder to sell. Thats just my opinion though.

bread's done
Back