Grand Theft Auto V out March 26th?

trent82

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
I just got an email from Amazon about this and checked their site. This does not appear to be a filler date. Same day as BioShock Infinite...

2k Take Two publishes both games. I doubt they are that dumb to release 2 of there biggest games of 2013 on the same day, unless Bioshock will release earlier than expected (or delay again).

[quote name='htz']2k Take Two publishes both games. I doubt they are that dumb to release 2 of there biggest games of 2013 on the same day, unless Bioshock will release earlier than expected (or delay again).[/QUOTE]

I hope they delay Infinite. GTA looks so badass now with the sharks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of Rockstar's big games come out in April or May. That's what I would expect for GTA V as well.

Remember when Amazon UK posted a listing for "GTA: Sin City" and IGN had a big story about " CONFIRMED: New GTA game called Sin City" (oops it was San Andreas)

This game will be delayed. Not that it means much, but The Last of Us is scheduled for May 7th. Here we are in January and R* hasn't nailed down a release date yet? We've seen gameplay for TLoU but none from GTAV, just sayin!

[quote name='Abear21']This game will be delayed. Not that it means much, but The Last of Us is scheduled for May 7th. Here we are in January and R* hasn't nailed down a release date yet? We've seen gameplay for TLoU but none from GTAV, just sayin![/QUOTE]

Well, yeah it's possible it won't be released in March, but I wouldn't expect it to hit any later than May. I don't think they are concerned with going up against The Last of Us. Rockstar has made short-notice delays to their other games before (if I remember correctly RDR was delayed from an April to May release in March 2010, Max Payne 3 got a similar bump): for GTAV they've given us a general launch window (Spring 2013) which at least gives people a more specific idea of when to expect the game while they can work on a solid date.

As for the no gameplay issue: well I guess it depends on how you define gameplay. Do you mean like a demo a la TLoU or Bioshock Infinite? I can't remember the last time Rockstar did something like that (which wasn't behind closed doors). GTAIV never had any straight footage from the game until the various websites starting posting it from their review copies.

I wish companies would just release the game in March. So what Bioshock is coming out!? If both games came out on the same day, week, month people would still buy one or the other or both as planned.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']It will be coming out soon, but where are the sequels to Manhunt and Bully at?[/QUOTE]

Manhunt got a sequel. It was awful.

Its delayed coz rockstar is porting them to ps4 and new xbox!! Hehe! But yeah cant wait for this game

Hate to say I told you so. Just kidding, actually, I love it!

I really don't mind the delay. I just want them to make good on the idea of switching characters anytime in real time. I don't think they can do this but would love to see R* try. I think what will happen is when on certain missions you will be able to switch between characters in real time, but outside of that I can imagine when you load up the game you will choose who you want to play as...and outside of certain missions you will need to load the other characters from the pause menu.

I just don't see Rockstar pulling off seemless character changing anytime in real time, but oh how awesome that would be. This game is going to kick so much ass I think it will define this generation--on a side note--I think Bioshock Infinite will do the same and with titles that good (hopefully Beyond:Two Souls and The Last of Us as well) who needs new consoles??!!

*Edit* And to add to that, If Microsoft or Sony does launch this year, launching just a couple months after this enormous game could be a real issue--many will still be scrambling to put this game on their xmas list while others, such as a couple of friends of mine I'm sure of which aren't the only ones, will finally be diving into this generation just for GTA V.

I wonder if this, coupled with the new Sony announcement is just coincidence, or if this will be a launch title for the next gen systems?

[quote name='spedmunki']I wonder if this, coupled with the new Sony announcement is just coincidence, or if this will be a launch title for the next gen systems?[/QUOTE]

No chance. What's more likely is that shortly into the existence of the new consoles (but after the existing buying window closes) we get a "director's cut" or something.

I don't think we'll see GTA V on the next gen consoles. Rockstar is an amazing company, but I don't think they have the capabilities to launch such an ambitious title across existing platforms AND new systems they have never developed for.

This could mark a historic time for the industry. It could be the first time a game delay pushes back a consoles launch.

That's how big this game is going to be. It is possibly the most anticipated game ever and will break all kinds of sales records--so how will Microsoft or Sony launch a new console just a few months later without GTA V available for it? GTA V is going to move a ton of hardware.

I just don't see what the big draw is asides from the general fact that it's "the next GTA". My excitement went down a bit when they said only Los Santos is going to be in. You've worked on this game for over 5 years and you mean to tell me only Santos and a bit of wilderness and a small town or two is gonna be it?

I understand completely it's because they want to target their focus of detail in just one city and make it more accurate representation of LA but nevertheless still don't really like that. For starters, there are a ton of games out there who have done just that by making detailed LA maps and while it's nice, it's hardly necessary. Noire was one of the latest examples that did this and while it was cool they did that, it got incredibly boring have such a huge ass city to traverse in. You could use taxis and stuff but it got old real quick.

Granted, this won't be the same case since Rockstar is developing it but the point is I'd rather have more cities than just one huge one. It's San Andreas for christs sake, no one wants to see just one city reimagined when there's Venturas (Vegas) and Fierro (S.Francisco) out there too. LA has enough to offer that I'm sure it will be interesting but I really wish they would have went with all 3 cities. As long as it has taken for them to make this damn thing, they should have already been in the first place anyway.

It's a first day buy for me, don't get me wrong. I'm sure it will be amazing anyway and LA will prove good enough in the end but I can't help but feel a little disappointed still that they chose not to include SA's other two major cities and chances are we won't ever see them again (at least for another decade).

bread's done
Back