GRAW Update images and info!

Tha Xecutioner

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Xboxyde just released pics of some of the updates due out soon for GR:AW:

6/15:
4 new pics, including 2 of the new guns and a look at 2 of the new (or modified) maps.
Hi-res video of the updates:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=11360&type=mov&pl=game
Low-res and other videos:
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1693

"Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter was starting to get a bit repetitive for some players, and it looks like Ubisoft was aware of that fact since the first downloadable content is almost ready for released, with 4 new coop missions, 8 multiplayer maps reworked with new lighting, 2 new gameplay modes, 2 new skins and 5 new weapons. To be released at the end of June"

Looks like pretty cool stuff, can't wait for this. Still no word on date or price, though.

[quote name='daphatty']Shiet! They better be free![/quote]

yes and most the thing on live should be .. but are not ...

Sweet, I may buy this actually....no way it'll be totally free. Hopefully they do a CoD2 strategy, a couple free....couple to buy.

crap beat me to it.

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter was starting to get a bit repetitive for some players, and it looks like Ubisoft was aware of that fact since the first downloadable content is almost ready for released, with 4 new coop missions, 8 multiplayer maps reworked with new lighting, 2 new gameplay modes, 2 new skins and 5 new weapons. To be released at the end of June

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Thanks Linkin, info added to OP. New weapons are always a good thing.[/quote]

More detailed info thanks to gamespot.com:

Five new weapons will be included: the sniping SR-25 SD, the M468 carbine, the M468/M320 grenade-launcher mod, the AK-47 LMG, and the SCAR-H SV.

Ubisoft is also reissuing the four new maps included in the new co-op campaign at different times of day. In addition, four of the original maps from GRAW have also been redone under new light. They break down as follows:

javascript:open_blog_image_viewer('2006/157/gr3_screen006027_screen.jpg');

• Fishing Village (Dusk)
• Wharf (Late day)
• Old Town (Morning)
• Nowhere (Evening)
• Coffee Plantation (Evening)
• Shipping Port (Sunset)
• River Depot (Day)
• Jungle Mines (Evening)

A team battle game mode has been added, with two new game types: team blind siege and team battle. Details on the new game mode aren't available at this time. Character customization has also been kicked up a notch in the new download. Gamers now have Canadian CADPAT and British DPM camouflage patterns to choose from, as well as four new soldier faces with camo paint to designate as their avatar.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6152433.html

Here have a bit more detail:

From the Ubi forums posted today 6/7:

Scheduled to be available via the Xbox LIVE!™ Marketplace at the end of June, this quality premium content will enrich and extend the original game by allowing players to continue the coop campaign through Nicaragua with four all new missions and extend their Live experience with 12 more playable maps.

More information regarding the upcoming Chapter 2 content for GRAW will be announced in the near future. Until then, take a look below for an outline of content this massive update consists of:

Continuation of Co-op Campaign with 4 All New Missions in Chapter 2:

Coffee Plantation (Day) – This takes place on a coffee plantation embedded deep in Nicaragua. The map is littered with good cover options that appear in the form of a centrally located plantation house, coffee processing equipment, growing coffee plants, and stacked bags of coffee beans ready for transport. The Ghosts’ overall goal of this mission is to eliminate the arms dealer and shut down his operations.

Shipping Port (Evening) – The next mission takes place at a shipping port and the Ghosts’ objective is to stop the enemy from smuggling weapons into the country. The player will interact with rebel troops through warehouses, decks of ships, and on massive shipping cranes. This night mission provides an eerie backdrop for Ghosts to move in take out the weapon shipments and ensure that the illegal smuggling of arms will stop.

River Depot (Dawn) – This map puts the Ghosts in a jungle area that the Rebel forces have infiltrated and are using for storing and shipping out illegal weapons. The goal of the Ghosts is to secure the warehouse facility that holds crucial information concerning the placement and shipment of weapons. As the player weaves through the jungle and eliminates the patrols of enemies, they must also destroy all the weapon shipments and keep the Rebels from extracting from the area. Massive trees, loads of weapon shipments, and enemy transports are unique characteristics of this mission.

Jungle Mine (Day) – The last mission in this co-op campaign chapter takes place in a mine that is vital to the Rebel force’s regime and the Ghosts are tasked with securing the area, destroying the weapons, and eliminating the Rebel leader. The central location on this map is the mine itself and it provides a place for multi-tiered gameplay surrounded by good cover. This mission provides a new gameplay experience for Ghost Recon fans and it will surely be one of the more memorable missions in GR history.

Additional Maps: 8 Revisited; Relit MP Adversarial Maps: 8 of GRAW’s favourite MP maps are revisited and relit for a new gameplay experience.

Fishing Village (Dusk)
Wharf (Late day)
Old Town (Morning)
Nowhere (Evening)
Coffee Plantation (Evening)
Shipping Port (Sunset)
River Depot (Day)
Jungle Mines (Evening)

Game Types:
2 New Game Types with 1 Game Mode - Team Battle: 2 all new game types add upon GRAW’s long list of available game types.

Team Blind Siege
Team Battle

2 New Camouflage Patterns: 2 all new camo patterns give new selections to further customize your character.

Canadian CADPAT
British DPM

4 New Character Customization Faces: 4 all new character faces with new camo patterns give new selections to further customize your character.

4 new face’s with new camo

New Weapons: 5 new weapons give you even further selection on how to take out your foes.

SR-25 SD (Marksman)
Description - "7.62x51mmSS - Combining the power of the SR-25 rifle with a suppressor, the SR-25 SD Sniper rifle is lethal, accurate, and quiet."
Game Info - Silenced, 20 rounds per mag, 10 mags (increased for marksmen), Single Shot, 8x and 16x Zoom

M468 (Rifleman)
Description - "6.8x43mm - This updated version of the standard US carbine uses a larger round to provide greater lethality against both armored and unarmored targets."
Game Info - 28 rounds per mag, 10 mags (increased for grenadiers), Single Shot and Full Auto, 3x Zoom

M468/M320 (Grenadier)
Description - "6.8x43mm/40mm - The standard M468 with attached M320 grenade launcher provides a versatile dual-purpose firing platform."
Game Info - 28 rounds per mag, 10 mags (increased for grenadiers), Single Shot and Full Auto, 3x Zoom

AK-47 LMG (Gunner)
Description - "7.62x39mm - Modified from the classic AK-47 the AK-47 LMG includes a 75 round drum magazine, and shares most of the characteristics of the AK-47."
Game Info - 75 rounds per magazine, 6 mags (increased for gunners). Fully Auto Only, no zoom

SCAR-H SV (Rifleman)
Description - "7.62x51mm - This version of the SCAR-H rifle comes with a standard barrel and improved optics, making it better for long-range shooting."
Game Info - 20 rounds per mag, 10 mags (increased for riflemen), Single Shot, 2x and 4x Zoom

Key word "premium". It'd be nice to see this broken up, but I'm predicting one big package for like 800 points. I'm dissapointed with the map descriptions. Relit? They're changing the lighting on the same maps and calling them new? And CHARGING?? WTF? I'll wait for more info before this really pisses me off. I'm not at all opposed to buying quality content, but I want to see some effort put into it on the side of the devs.

[quote name='doubledown']Wow, so no NEW maps eh? Just relit for MP...that seems like a big cop-out.[/quote]

The 4 co-op maps are new. I'm guessing they will be available for multiplayer (same as the first set of co-op maps).

[quote name='doubledown']Wow, so no NEW maps eh? Just relit for MP...that seems like a big cop-out.[/quote]

Ubisoft is also reissuing the four new maps included in the new co-op campaign at different times of day.

It just sounds weird because of the word "reissuing" but they are making the 4 new co-op maps available with day/night variations.

Yipee 4 relit maps, that i can only play 1 of. Stupid night missions need Night Vision and no one ever allows for that.

There are three major problems with GRAW online (At least that i've encountered..not sure if you guys have, but if you have any tips I would love to hear them). I really hope some update can address these issues, because it is a very enjoyable online game when things are working right.

1. Finding a game is a hassle. It takes 1-2 minutes just for a list of games to load. Then half of the games on the list are already out of Setup. Once you find one that's in setup, there's a fifty percent chance that the game has already started anyway. So then we have to reload the whole search screen again.

2. Players have too much control over the game. I just started playing GRAW actively, and when entering a ranked game (and unranked usually too) i've noticed that all the talent seems to be skewed to the host's team. Since players create the ranked games, they have the option of whether they would like to make teams and usually make it so they win. Most of the times it's pointless to even play the game.

3. Spawn-camping. It's prevalent in this game more than any other i've played on XBL. I know that I can play a game with respawns off, but it doesn't seem like there are that many available. It irks me when the most popular way to win a game is to memorize where someone spawns and sit there and kill them. And i know..there are multiple spawn points that you can alternate BUT usually the other team has each of them covered.

GRAW is a really addictive game that has just been tarnished by these issues IMO. I'd like to think that UbiSoft would do something about this.

[quote name='joshthegreat69']There are three major problems with GRAW online (At least that i've encountered..not sure if you guys have, but if you have any tips I would love to hear them). I really hope some update can address these issues, because it is a very enjoyable online game when things are working right.

1. Finding a game is a hassle. It takes 1-2 minutes just for a list of games to load. Then half of the games on the list are already out of Setup. Once you find one that's in setup, there's a fifty percent chance that the game has already started anyway. So then we have to reload the whole search screen again.

2. Players have too much control over the game. I just started playing GRAW actively, and when entering a ranked game (and unranked usually too) i've noticed that all the talent seems to be skewed to the host's team. Since players create the ranked games, they have the option of whether they would like to make teams and usually make it so they win. Most of the times it's pointless to even play the game.

3. Spawn-camping. It's prevalent in this game more than any other i've played on XBL. I know that I can play a game with respawns off, but it doesn't seem like there are that many available. It irks me when the most popular way to win a game is to memorize where someone spawns and sit there and kill them. And i know..there are multiple spawn points that you can alternate BUT usually the other team has each of them covered.

GRAW is a really addictive game that has just been tarnished by these issues IMO. I'd like to think that UbiSoft would do something about this.[/QUOTE]

If yer any good you can join me and my friends games. I play pretty much daily in the afternoons. Spawn campers are kicked, and our games are usually full of all friends so we often just do random teams.

bump for new info...

Preview at IGN

The Chapter 2 Package, which should cost a few bucks, is coming next week. Ubisoft didn't clarify a price, but we reckon it will go for about $5-$10. Also, the exact date was not revealed. We suspect its arrival around mid-week

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/712/712740p1.html

It seems they expect it to be released next week. They say that its ready to go all it needs to go through is MS approval which takes 2-3 days.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Any of you guys wanna play some GRAW tonight or over the weekend? I wouldn't mind getting a group together for it.[/quote]

I'm up for it. Just hit me up with an invite when you get one started.

This is good news to me. I just got this game off ebay for $44 shipped. Next time I have some extra money. I'll just buy some points to get this extra content after I get used to the game.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Good games tonight guys, we should do this sort of thing more often.[/quote]

Yeah, it was awesome, thanks for unlocking my 2pt achievement ;) for co-op level 3.

[quote name='asianxcore']is this strictly an online-only play update?

just wondering if you could use the new weapons in the single player off-line mode.[/quote]

I know the weapons are probably online only, but I imagine all the new maps and stuff stretch out to offline multiplayer

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter Hands-On With Chapter 2
Red Storm takes us online to try out the new content for its acclaimed tactical shooter, which is heading for Xbox Live later this month.
By Brad Shoemaker, GameSpot
Posted Jun 15, 2006 3:00 pm PT

Ghost Redux GRAW's Chapter 2 update continue the cooperative campaign and add new maps, weapons, and more. Check out this new gameplay footage.
Watch | Download
We knew weeks before the latest entry in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon series hit the Xbox 360 that it was going to be something special. (We're in that enviable position of playing games well ahead of release, after all.) But we didn't realize exactly how good it was going to be until we got our hands on the boxed final version. Well in advance of Halo 3, GRAW basically set the high-water mark for next-generation online shooters, and months later it's still one of the most widely played games on Xbox Live. So it's nice to see developer Red Storm making good on its promise of future downloadable content for the popular game with an upcoming content pack that will add more stuff in just about every relevant category you could hope for.

In fact, we can confirm that the new "Chapter 2" update will be a meaty one indeed, since we just recently got to hop online and play against Red Storm and Ubisoft ringers in a series of online matches that showed off the various new maps, modes, weapons, and more that will be available. Of primary interest is the new four-mission cooperative campaign, which essentially picks up where the co-op in the original game left off. We got to try out all four maps--Jungle Mine, Coffee Plantation, River Depot, and Shipping Port--which are all set in the sticky heat of South America and pit you and your teammates against weapons- and drug-smuggling rebels.

Even in a 14-player game, we encountered a stiff challenge taking down the insurgents. On the Shipping Port map, for instance, the enemies seemed to love sneaking around the large crates all over the map to flank us and take us out as soon as we emerged from cover. As per the existing co-op content in the game, the map objectives mostly tasked us with moving from A to B to C, taking out tons of entrenched enemies and sometimes blowing up supply pallets and the like. Occasionally, we'd hit such unpleasant obstacles as an attack chopper, at which point having a couple of grenadiers came in awfully handy, so of course you'll want to roll through these new missions with a mixed team featuring all four of the game's soldier classes.

The new co-op missions will give you plenty of good reason to take GRAW back online...
The continuation of GRAW's cooperative campaign will no doubt please fans of the original game's co-op content, though admittedly, once you've played through these four new missions against the computer-controlled opposition, you'll have seen most of what they have to offer. But the new multiplayer content will naturally provide much more lasting value. We think the new team battle mode will be the most popular with online junkies. It's a team-versus-team mode in which you're vying to capture a number of control points (five in the map we played), and your team accrues points as time passes based on how many nodes you currently hold. The twist is, no matter how many human players are in the game, each team will also have eight bots on its side. Considering we were in a seven-on-seven game to begin with, you can imagine this made for quite a hectic firefight in the trenches and hills of the River Depot map.

Longtime fans of Ghost Recon will also be glad to see the return of the Team Blind Siege multiplayer mode, which last appeared in the Summit Strike expansion for Ghost Recon 2. This one is an attack-and-defend type where one team is entrenched in a defensible position, while the other tries to attack that position. The only catch is, you don't know going in which role your team will play, so you've got to hit the ground running to formulate a viable strategy before you get steamrolled by the other side. We tried this mode out on the original GRAW map Fishing Village and ended up on the attacking side--but not for long, since the other team had managed to fortify and defense the town at the center of the map.

...though the new multiplayer modes, weapons, and visually tweaked maps won't hurt the replayability, either.
Speaking of Fishing Village, it looked a lot prettier after the "relight" Red Storm's artists have done on it, which has it set at dusk and bathed in the warm glow of the setting sun. The four new cooperative maps and a number of other maps from the original game have gotten visually appealing makeovers that set them at different times of day, just for a little variety. There are also some other goodies, such as new face paints and camouflage patterns, just to keep the gameplay interesting. Lastly, five new weapons will be included, spread across all four classes; we especially enjoyed the two levels of zoom on the new SCAR-H SV, which is a rifleman's weapon.

It's great to see Red Storm and Ubisoft taking full advantage of the downloadable-content features of Xbox Live to keep Advanced Warfighter at the top of the online charts for some time to come. Just in case you're wondering about pricing, Ubi hasn't set any sort of cost as yet, though we've been assured the pricing will be "not free." Hopefully they'll manage to keep the price competitive, though we will admit this is a significant amount of new material for the game. Luckily, you won't have to wait much longer to get your hands on it--Ubi is shooting to have the Chapter 2 pack available on Marketplace by the end of June.

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter Hands-On With Chapter 2

Ghost Redux GRAW's Chapter 2 update continue the cooperative campaign and add new maps, weapons, and more. Check out this new gameplay footage.
Watch | Download
We knew weeks before the latest entry in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon series hit the Xbox 360 that it was going to be something special. (We're in that enviable position of playing games well ahead of release, after all.) But we didn't realize exactly how good it was going to be until we got our hands on the boxed final version. Well in advance of Halo 3, GRAW basically set the high-water mark for next-generation online shooters, and months later it's still one of the most widely played games on Xbox Live. So it's nice to see developer Red Storm making good on its promise of future downloadable content for the popular game with an upcoming content pack that will add more stuff in just about every relevant category you could hope for.

In fact, we can confirm that the new "Chapter 2" update will be a meaty one indeed, since we just recently got to hop online and play against Red Storm and Ubisoft ringers in a series of online matches that showed off the various new maps, modes, weapons, and more that will be available. Of primary interest is the new four-mission cooperative campaign, which essentially picks up where the co-op in the original game left off. We got to try out all four maps--Jungle Mine, Coffee Plantation, River Depot, and Shipping Port--which are all set in the sticky heat of South America and pit you and your teammates against weapons- and drug-smuggling rebels.

Even in a 14-player game, we encountered a stiff challenge taking down the insurgents. On the Shipping Port map, for instance, the enemies seemed to love sneaking around the large crates all over the map to flank us and take us out as soon as we emerged from cover. As per the existing co-op content in the game, the map objectives mostly tasked us with moving from A to B to C, taking out tons of entrenched enemies and sometimes blowing up supply pallets and the like. Occasionally, we'd hit such unpleasant obstacles as an attack chopper, at which point having a couple of grenadiers came in awfully handy, so of course you'll want to roll through these new missions with a mixed team featuring all four of the game's soldier classes.

The new co-op missions will give you plenty of good reason to take GRAW back online...
The continuation of GRAW's cooperative campaign will no doubt please fans of the original game's co-op content, though admittedly, once you've played through these four new missions against the computer-controlled opposition, you'll have seen most of what they have to offer. But the new multiplayer content will naturally provide much more lasting value. We think the new team battle mode will be the most popular with online junkies. It's a team-versus-team mode in which you're vying to capture a number of control points (five in the map we played), and your team accrues points as time passes based on how many nodes you currently hold. The twist is, no matter how many human players are in the game, each team will also have eight bots on its side. Considering we were in a seven-on-seven game to begin with, you can imagine this made for quite a hectic firefight in the trenches and hills of the River Depot map.

Longtime fans of Ghost Recon will also be glad to see the return of the Team Blind Siege multiplayer mode, which last appeared in the Summit Strike expansion for Ghost Recon 2. This one is an attack-and-defend type where one team is entrenched in a defensible position, while the other tries to attack that position. The only catch is, you don't know going in which role your team will play, so you've got to hit the ground running to formulate a viable strategy before you get steamrolled by the other side. We tried this mode out on the original GRAW map Fishing Village and ended up on the attacking side--but not for long, since the other team had managed to fortify and defense the town at the center of the map.

...though the new multiplayer modes, weapons, and visually tweaked maps won't hurt the replayability, either.
Speaking of Fishing Village, it looked a lot prettier after the "relight" Red Storm's artists have done on it, which has it set at dusk and bathed in the warm glow of the setting sun. The four new cooperative maps and a number of other maps from the original game have gotten visually appealing makeovers that set them at different times of day, just for a little variety. There are also some other goodies, such as new face paints and camouflage patterns, just to keep the gameplay interesting. Lastly, five new weapons will be included, spread across all four classes; we especially enjoyed the two levels of zoom on the new SCAR-H SV, which is a rifleman's weapon.

It's great to see Red Storm and Ubisoft taking full advantage of the downloadable-content features of Xbox Live to keep Advanced Warfighter at the top of the online charts for some time to come. Just in case you're wondering about pricing, Ubi hasn't set any sort of cost as yet, though we've been assured the pricing will be "not free." Hopefully they'll manage to keep the price competitive, though we will admit this is a significant amount of new material for the game. Luckily, you won't have to wait much longer to get your hands on it--Ubi is shooting to have the Chapter 2 pack available on Marketplace by the end of June.

Every time I play this game with 8 or more people I get horrible lag.

I played a CAG session the week after this came out and all night we spent switching hosts to get a decent connection, we never did.

Putting in 16 bots is going to make a bad thing worse.

As much as this game is pretty cool the online for it has a horrible lobby/join feature and is pretty damn laggy.

COD 2 is still the best online FPS for the 360.

I'm still waiting for another party/matchmaking system a la Halo 2. When are devs going to realize that the gameplay is not the only (maybe not even the biggest) reason that is the most popular LIVE game. It's easy to join, play with friends, and keep on moving. I hate sitting around in these lobbies waiting for enough players.

I'm looking forward to the new co-op content though. Hopefully we'll get a date and price soon...

Can't wait to give this a go, once again, and get some more achievements.

[quote name='Brak']Can't wait to give this a go, once again, and get some more achievements.[/quote]

Well seeing as how the Chapter 1 achievements were a total of like 9 points, don't expect much :lol:

Lag? My room never lags but with a 2 meg up and 10 meg down connection what do you expect?

[quote name='Daddy']Lag? My room never lags but with a 2 meg up and 10 meg down connection what do you expect?[/quote]

that is insane..... who the hell provides a 2 meg up service?

[quote name='guyver2077']that is insane..... who the hell provides a 2 meg up service?[/QUOTE]

are you kidding?

Im in NJ so lets see:

Patroit media,optimum online,verizon actually offers FIBER to your house with 10 up and down with 3 phone lines those are just a few...not only that but it costs me 29.95 a month...chew on that...thats why im DADDY...ive been hostin since the days of Beta for xbox....people try to add me daily for that alone

Anywho with that new battle mode letting 8 AI players on each team i see this game getting new life...I hope the maps come out early this week cause im dying for something new

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']It's getting a hiccup of a life back at least on this board, I really think this update will bring it back though..at least if it's free/cheap[/QUOTE]

Well, Ubisoft already said it wouldn't be free; saw it somewhere on IGN, but I agree, this update will bring back some life.

Here's hoping for no more than 700 points :bouncy:

Ive been on GR for 5 years and gotta say i want a best of pack with some maps from all the back versions...that would be soo hot it hurts. Some of the things coming out people forget ... look:

Tech speaking its 4 relit maps, 4 new maps *which are the co-op AND the MP at the same time* and no real new guns only MODIFIED versions of guns in the game being suppressed or unsuppresed...the SCAR and Ak being the exception with more bullets (ak) and the scar (with one extra zoom).....these suppressing options should have been in the game already (ala R63 on PC) and the lighting, well that was promised before the game came out at the option of the host but never delivered on...now people have to get rid of night vision in the server to get the full enjoyment out of the maps....and you have to pay for all this (about the lighting, they have had these maps relit since day one...total BULLSHITE) so im paying for 4 new maps and some modified guns....how about some new pistols UBI!!! The battle mode is the real shabang here for me allwoing 16 players and another 8 AI players on each team...i would like to have seen the AI option on seige as well

bread's done
Back