Great Adventure Bundle 19.95 including PAA Ep 1&2, Sam & Max season 2, Puzzle Agent

Telltale brought Sam and Max as well as Monkey Island back, so I'm a huge fan of theirs...

Picked up the bundle as well as Season 3 of Sam and Max (only 19.95!)

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']If more went to charity I might buy it, but I already have some of the games in the bundle. 25% to me seems low to me for some reason.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I would buy it in a heartbeat if 50% went to charity. I liked how the "humble bundle" let you choose how the money was distributed. I think I'll just donate the money directly to the charity instead.

Not to be a 5 day dead thread bumper but Telltale has said on Twitter that Sam and Max Season 2 will unlock tomorrow.

[quote name='Skram']Not to be a 5 day dead thread bumper but Telltale has said on Twitter that Sam and Max Season 2 will unlock tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

This here is one great example of what makes Telltale Games one of the coolest developers out there. There's no way they'll get to their target sales but they unlocked the "bonus" games anyway. I'm glad I decided to get the bundle, even without Sam & Max S2 it's a great deal.

[quote name='c4tp']This here is one great example of what makes Telltale Games one of the coolest developers out there. There's no way they'll get to their target sales but they unlocked the "bonus" games anyway. I'm glad I decided to get the bundle, even without Sam & Max S2 it's a great deal.[/QUOTE]Honestly, they had no choice but to unlock the Sam and Max, especially since they already advertised that it'd be 6 games on sale whether they reached their goals or not. With that, they already dug themselves into a hole and if they didn't comply with the unlocking of S&M, that'd stick with gamers until the end of time. And like someone already said in this thread, gamers will hold grudges until the end of time.

The end of time.

Anybody else having a problem getting the games to install? Whenever I click on the installer app, I get a message that says "This application has failed to start because d3dx9_41.dll was not found. Re-installing this application may fix this problem." I've uninstalled and re-installed it a few times with no luck.

I'm a moron when it comes to computers, so I have no idea what this means or what to do about it. Stuff like this is why I'm a console gamer. Anybody know what I need to do?

I don't know, but do you have the latest version of directx installed? You can find that on the microsoft directx site and it will update your directx components.

[quote name='Danimal']Anybody else having a problem getting the games to install? Whenever I click on the installer app, I get a message that says "This application has failed to start because d3dx9_41.dll was not found. Re-installing this application may fix this problem." I've uninstalled and re-installed it a few times with no luck.

I'm a moron when it comes to computers, so I have no idea what this means or what to do about it. Stuff like this is why I'm a console gamer. Anybody know what I need to do?[/QUOTE]

Like bruceg said this is almost certainly a DirectX issue, so doing an uninstall/reinstall of the latest version for your OS should solve this problem.

Cool- I just picked this up! I hadn't heard of Puzzle agent, but the trailer sold me! I love quirky narratives.

I must have missed where I could divvy up for charity- don't know if it was auto assigned! If Sam and Max come on line that would rock- but I'm happy anyway.

The crazy thing is that I really bought this just to PLAY Whispered World- I bought it full price at launch off of Gamer's Gate only to read about all the problems people were having with their DRM on this game.

After a month or two of not being able to play it, and little help from forums or Gamers Gate, I am glad to get it in this bundle plus all the other cool games!

Thanks OP!

[quote name='Danimal']Anybody else having a problem getting the games to install? Whenever I click on the installer app, I get a message that says "This application has failed to start because d3dx9_41.dll was not found. Re-installing this application may fix this problem." I've uninstalled and re-installed it a few times with no luck.

I'm a moron when it comes to computers, so I have no idea what this means or what to do about it. Stuff like this is why I'm a console gamer. Anybody know what I need to do?[/QUOTE]

Right click on it and try "Run as Administrator" That was my issue.

I'm quite tempted now. Having just bought bought Tales of Monkey Island, and desperately wanting to buy Civ 5 next week, I'm not sure I can slip another 20 dollar puchase on games through without the wife wondering why I'm spending 100 dollars on games this week without telling her.

I can't wait till I'm rich.

[quote name='mitch079']With Sam & Max being unlocked, are we able to get the end of season DVD for free?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, it is not eligible for the free DVD. The Great Adventure Bundle 2010 is listed as its own unique item within Telltale's Your Games menu, and therefore will not count toward a discount for the Sam & Max S2 DVD.

[quote name='rapsodist']Unfortunately, it is not eligible for the free DVD. The Great Adventure Bundle 2010 is listed as its own unique item within Telltale's Your Games menu, and therefore will not count toward a discount for the Sam & Max S2 DVD.[/QUOTE]
not true - tell tales said that all bundle buyers are eligible for free DVD with the only caveat is that the request has to be initiated via Email to their customer service as the site is not set up to recognize bundle IDs as proof of purchase.

[quote name='netscorer']not true - tell tales said that all bundle buyers are eligible for free DVD with the only caveat is that the request has to be initiated via Email to their customer service as the site is not set up to recognize bundle IDs as proof of purchase.[/QUOTE]

I did not realize that I could initiate the request via e-mail! Thanks for letting me know. :D

[quote name='rapsodist']I did not realize that I could initiate the request via e-mail! Thanks for letting me know. :D[/QUOTE]

no problemo. If in doubt, head to telltalegames forums where there are plenty of threads regarding the bundle and how to order free season 2 DVD of Sam&Max

bread's done
Back