Great anniversary gift...but should I keep it?

mcwilliams132

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Well today is my 9th anniversary with my wonderful wife.

My dilemma is this...

She tricked me a while back with a question regarding "one of the girls she works with", wanting to get her boyfriend a wireless controller for his XBox for his birthday... and was wondering what the best one was.

Being that the situation was completely plausible in my book (however blockheaded that may make me sound)...I bit and immediately suggested the Logitech Logitech Cordless Precision Controller knowing that it's best rated wireless controller on the market but also noted that it was typically around $40-$50.

I also pointed out (at the time) that BB had a 15% online discount for accessories and that it had a $5 rebate.

Well long story short, I get home tonight from work with a bunch of flowers for her, and she surprises me with the controller (she went to BB to buy it - not online - otherwise I would have seen the charge come through on the credit card). I'm pretty much speechless.

It's not that I don't like the controller, I do, but I already have 4 good controllers and 3 extendo cables. This would make a good addition to the system...but I could also get a game or two with what she spent on the controller.

I already have Halo 2 LE on order from MTV.com

I'd love to get Otogi 2, or POP2, or SC:pT, or Spiderman 2, or KOTOR 2, or a ton of other games...

Should I keep it or expand my already large collection of xbox titles that I haven't really had time to play?

Thoughts?

Seems to me that you have already decided that you should keep it but are looking for confirmation of your decision. Keep the thing, its the right thing to do

I don't really know what to tell you, but I know I can't live without my Wavebird for the GCN. If the Xbox Logitech works as well as the Wavebird, I'd say it's worth keeping.

Keep it and sell/trade off one of your other controllers for a game or whatever else you want; win-win situation my friend

I love my cordless and won't play a game without it. I can't wait for the logitech cordless headset so I can play xbox live again.

she will merk you if you try and return it, she'll be like "nah its cool" then when you are asleep she'll get you back. then, she'll remember it when you guys are growing really old together.

keep it its the right thing to do.

This invloves women, what you should do is only use that controller for the next month, then if you don't like it say it broke and toss it. They keep these little things all stored up in there head. Its like a gain tally of everything you've done right and all the shit you messed up on.

I would keep it. First, she went out of her way to pick it up for you, and might have her feelings hurt if you bring it back. Second, the logitech is the best wireless controller (unless you are trying to shoot free throws on NBA 2k5) outside the wavebird, and if you already have a backlog of games, you may as well just keep it.......

[quote name='Rig']Keep it, and trade one of the others.[/quote]

Bingo! Trading in a gift from your wife, much less an anniversary gift, is a slap in the face to her!

Plus the wireless controllers are just freakin' cool.

Maybe keep the controller, since it represents your anniversary. However you could trade in some of your extra controllers for some credit and offset the cost of another game so you can have the best of both sides. :)

The XBOX Logitech controller is amazing! Definately keep it!

***Also keep PLENTY of AA batteries on hand, or purchase rechargeables***

I love it!

Keep it. She bought it out of the goodness of her heart, so you might as well appreciate that you have someone like her who actually buys you things you might have a use for.

If you want to stay married you'll keep the controller.

anniversary gifts are NEVER returnable - EVEN IF SHE SAYS YOU CAN RETURN IT IF YOU WANT TO -- YOU CANT!!

Please heed this advice or you will never get videogame related gifts again and probably never have sex again either.

It's a good controller, very comfortable. Sure, it isn't that great for online because of how close you have to be to plug in your headset (much closer then a normal corded controller), but for offline it is great.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Rig']Keep it, and trade one of the others.[/quote]

Bingo! Trading in a gift from your wife, much less an anniversary gift, is a slap in the face to her!

Plus the wireless controllers are just freakin' cool.[/quote]

he meant keep the wireless and trade one of his other non-wireless in.
that's what i would do.

also Congrats to the OP and his wife.

Yeah, you gotta keep it, after all she went through to get it and surprise you with it, I'd say it's a no brainer. Besides Wireless controllers are awesome! Once you start using them you will never go back.

I think Gamerush still gives you like $15 credit for a first party contoller. I'd kepp the Logitech one and take one of your old ones to GR and get $15 off a game you wish to buy.

If you don't keep it, you're a dead man.

Disregarding that fact, I think it's really cool that she did that, and I personally would never think of trading that in. I'd get rid of one of my old controllers instead.

I guess I'm not a true CAGer! :lol:

you gotta keep it otherwise shell be offended, take one of the 4 controllers you have and trade it in for some credit which you can put toward a new game, you only have 3 extensions anyways

Definitely keep it. Even if it was a cruddy gift, I'd say keep it. Here is a little story from my life.

My fiance doesn't have a lot of money, so our gifts tend to have to be more thought out, since we can't drop more than about $20 usually for a gift. Anyway, we are watching back to the 80's on VH1, and they have those choose your own adventure books. I said those were cool as a kid. Well, she found some and gave them to me for my bday. It was thoughtful, I flipped through them a few times, and was done. Well, it was last year, every couple of months it still gets brought up to me how I didn't enjoy her gift that much. I did like it, and kept it, and I'm going through it.

If you try returning them, you might very well be screwed.

[quote name='jaykrue']Keep it and sell/trade off one of your other controllers for a game or whatever else you want; win-win situation my friend[/quote]

That's what i was going to say. Sell one of the controllers (especially if the buttons are a little crappy, I know one of my Xbox controllers has a shitty a button). You get a good controller, get rid of a kind of bad one, get some money, and your wife doesn't feel slighted that you got rid of her gift.

Um, return it if that's what you want to do. Shouldn't you be able to just tell your wife what's going on in your head?

keep it. She went though a lot of trouble to know you wanted that one. Im sure you were excited when she asked you which one to get, and she fed off of it. I bet she is very proud of herself. She probably knows nothing about this stuff, and by getting it she is showing you she loves you.

[quote name='Xevious']Dont piss off your girlfriend....its the best way[/quote]

I think his wife would be more upset at the girlfriend instead of him returning the controller :wink:

bread's done
Back