Great Deal on Simpsons Season 8 At Costco

XymerFF

CAGiversary!
Hey fellow CAGers. I just got back from Costco and got Simpsons Season 8 for only 21.99 (Normally 31.99). They had stickers on them say save $10 with the purchase of either season 7 or 8. When the cashier rang it up, it automatically took the 10 dollar price reduction. Considering the cheapest adevertised price was 29.99, this seems like the best deal of all. BTW, they did not get the collectible heads in, they just got the standard boxes, but for the savings you might as well just get the regular box.

Cool, thanks - I was wondering why nobody posted much of anything about this on CAG. I think Fry's at $27.99 was the best so far. Does anyone know if those are the"Maggie-head" ones or just regular? My GR, where I have credit, got in 1 copy of the regular edition - I was tempted, even at $39.99 (since my credit only costs me 1/2 of that in real money). So, $27.99 at Fry's (but only if it is the Maggie head), $21.99 at Costco, or about $20 at GR (plus using existing credit). I had pretty much settled on GR, but your post complicates things :D. I might save my credit and pick it up at Costco instead. Did you notice any expiration on the $10 off? How was their inventory (because I might not get out there until tomorrow)?

[quote name='XymerFF']No there was no date on the sticker.....[/QUOTE]

Did they seem to have a good quantity of S8 there? Were people snapping them up?

Ah, good ol', wacky Fry's. I called and after 10 minutes on hold finally got someone in the DVD section - they said the Maggie head one is $44.99 and the regular is $31.99. Then I said I heard they were on sale for $27.99 today and he went away for a while and finally came back and told me they were both, actually, $29.99. Whatever... I guess I'll get it elsewhere :roll:.

Costco looks good to me. I'd like the Maggie head one to go with the others, but since I just put them away in my closet (after making copies of the discs for the kids to handle - NO WAY I let them open/close/touch the original boxes!) it doesn't matter too much I suppose.

I personally can't stand the collectible head versions.. they just dont do anything for me.. if they would have had a better base, and the ability to stand up on their own, that could probably have made it work for me, but as they stand, they are worthless to me, would much rather have the standard boxes that line up on my shelf

[quote name='phantomer']season 1-6 are $15 and 7-8 are $20 after instant rebate at my costco[/QUOTE]

Glad I waited on getting this at Target! Thanks OP!

[quote name='XymerFF']Hey fellow CAGers. I just got back from Costco and got Simpsons Season 8 for only 21.99 (Normally 31.99). They had stickers on them say save $10 with the purchase of either season 7 or 8. When the cashier rang it up, it automatically took the 10 dollar price reduction. Considering the cheapest adevertised price was 29.99, this seems like the best deal of all. BTW, they did not get the collectible heads in, they just got the standard boxes, but for the savings you might as well just get the regular box.[/QUOTE]

Wow -- did you buy seasons 7 and 8? I saw the coupon too but it said you had to buy two seasons to get $10 off. If your's went through with one, then this is a great deal, but I think it's YMMV. I'm fairly sure the sticker said when you buy both, not just one.

Can you confirm that you bought just one of them?

According to dvd talk, the sticker says $10 off when you buy this with season 7 or 8. But this IS season 8. So what does that mean? Probably a YMMV.

Man... $15 is a good price for Simpsons sets, but I probably wouldn't ever watch all of them, which is why I've held off for now. So blow $100+ on the whole series, or just pass, hmm...

[quote name='E-Z-B']According to dvd talk, the sticker says $10 off when you buy this with season 7 or 8. But this IS season 8. So what does that mean? Probably a YMMV.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what's so confusing about that -- it just means when you buy both.

I hate the head cases. They are cheaply made, hard to open, just an overall pain in the ass. The boxes fit the set anyhow.

I see how the confusion can arise. The stickers on the packaging say "Save $10 instantly when you buy this DVD and either Simpsons Season 7 or 8" - making it sound like you need to buy both to qualify. However, the Costco shelf tags simply showed Season 7 and 8 at "$30.99 - $10 Mfg instant coupon = $20.99" (with an expiration date of 8/22 I believe). I bought only Season 8 and had the auto-coupon work just fine.

Even though I have the head boxes for the others, I was fine getting the regular (and saving at least $7 over Fry's price). Strangely enough, Costco had the Homer head ones, but plain boxes for all the others. Like I said, it makes little difference as I rip each one to a DVD-R for frequent handling by the wife & kids and carefully place the originals on a high shelf in the closet in my office :lol:.

Just picked it up for 19.89 in Roseville, Ca. No questions asked, thats how it rings up. The only head cases my store had was season 1, but I prefer the boxes and sent away for the season 6 box so I can have them match. Thanks again op!

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Just picked it up for 19.89 in Roseville, Ca. No questions asked, thats how it rings up. The only head cases my store had was season 1, but I prefer the boxes and sent away for the season 6 box so I can have them match. Thanks again op![/QUOTE]

How odd, I thought Costco had pretty uniform pricing. Didn't someone else say it was $21.99 at their store? No biggie, just something I had never noticed before. Fry's does this quite a bit (slight price differences in different states - nothing consistent though).

I posted this on dvd talk:

I can confirm that the $10 off instant rebate applies to the Season 7 set as well, bringing it to $19.xx before tax! So if you purchase them separately, you can get Seasons 7 AND 8 for $20 each!!

Thanks OP!

Went to Costco today and found it strange as all the boxes of season 7 and 8 had the sticker for the $10 instant off peeled off (residue left over)

I found one with it on and bought it for$23 after tax.

I'm sure this is an error, so best get it soon.

I went to Costco today, and they had signs under the DVDs. The deal is supposed to be buy one of (season 7 or 8) and one of (the earlier seasons) and get $10 off of season 7 or 8.

But someone goofed. Twice. The stickers are reversed -- the stickers that are supposed to be on seasons 1-6 are on seasons 7-8 and vice versa, and the computer automatically takes $10 off of season 7 or 8. I bought both, but each one immediately rang up as $10 off.

Price at this Costco was 20.99 each for seasons 7 & 8 after instant rebate.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']The only head cases my store had was season 1[/quote]

What heads were on Season 1? I have only seen 6,7,8 with head boxes.

woohoo!! just picked up two season 8's for $19.89 each (plus tax) at costco in Orlando. . .the deal is still on. :D No questions. . .rang up that way, yadda, yadda. . .

yup -- picked one up myself. and if ppl ask why season 6 has homer's head, it's b/c that was the standard issue for that season. after what seems like ppl complaining, fox reverted back to the standard box for seasons 7 and 8. the head for those seasons is (i guess) limited.

personally, don't care how limited it is. i hate 'em. i have the homer one and it is by far the biggest pain in the arse to open and watch. sure, they look nice as a novelty but i buy these to watch, and the last thing i want to waste my time doing is opening it to grab a disc.

[quote name='blandstalker']I'm sure this is an error, so best get it soon.

I went to Costco today, and they had signs under the DVDs. The deal is supposed to be buy one of (season 7 or 8) and one of (the earlier seasons) and get $10 off of season 7 or 8.

But someone goofed. Twice. The stickers are reversed -- the stickers that are supposed to be on seasons 1-6 are on seasons 7-8 and vice versa, and the computer automatically takes $10 off of season 7 or 8. I bought both, but each one immediately rang up as $10 off.

Price at this Costco was 20.99 each for seasons 7 & 8 after instant rebate.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. When I got mine at Costco, it didn't say that at all. The sticker flat out said "$10 off instantly! When you purchase either Simpsons Season 7 or 8"

Thanks for the deal OP.

Picked up Seasons 2 and 3 for 14.99 each and Season 8 for 19.99. Basically Seasons 1-6 were 14.99 and Seasons 7-8 were 19.99. Winston-Salem, NC store.

[quote name='twanky']Is this deal still going on?[/QUOTE]

I just grabbed Seasons 2, 3, 4 and 5 today for $14.99 each after instant $10 off each season, so as of today yes. :)

bread's done
Back