Great find for Transformers Dvd

notfromtexas

CAGiversary!
I was at my local library today and they had Transformers the movie, villains, and heroes for 4 bucks each. I was shocked to see the movie, because i havent been able to find it for awhile, i picked it up and saw that all 3 movies were complete with no scratches, but i wasnt really too into Villains or Heroes, i remembered how lame the rebirth story was, even when i was a little kid. Regardless to say since it was to raise money for my local library i picked up all 3, for a total of 12 bucks.

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL!!! EVERYONE SHOULD READ ATLEAST 20 BOOKS A YEAR!

[quote name='DX']Is Transformers:The Movie on DVD rare?[/quote]

Somewhat, but I could see it becoming either rarer if they don't produce more for the newer movie, or more common if they CYA.

Hmm and here I thought my find of Season 3 part 1 box set and Season 3 Part 2 and Season 4 box set for $54 total were a good find.

I'm sure when the new movie comes out next year they'll re-produce the original movie.

Yeah, heroes & villians was kinda lame. Season 1 was best, but they go downhill from there.

Beast Wars, on the other hand, is far superior.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Hmm and here I thought my find of Season 3 part 1 box set and Season 3 Part 2 and Season 4 box set for $54 total were a good find.[/quote]

thats still a good find!

Actually all the seasons and transformers the movie have some good resale value. I picked up 3 used copies at a Media Play earlier in the year for $7 each and I believe I ended up getting $25-30 each for them. They lost the license one of the reasons the rushed all the box sets out in a short time period. If I remember right Season 1 & season 2 part 1 are the easier ones to find and get $40-50 used. Season 2 part 2, Season 3 part 1, and Season 3 part 2/Season 4 get around $70-80 used. Sealed ones go for quite a premium. The last box set really is the toughest to find since the license expired about 2-3 months after it was released.

With a live action movie coming in the future I am sure they will release them all again.

[quote name='Kayden']Live... action... transformers? :bouncy: Someone hand me a rag...[/quote]

Anytime I hear about a movie being made about something I loved as a child, the first thing that comes to mind is "how could they not fuck this up?"

That being said its being done by dreamworks with Michael "blow everything up" Bay directing. Steven Speilbery is the executive producer and its has a preliminary date to release July 4th, 2007. IMDB already has quite a bit of info up about actors etc.

Good find on the movie... it's actually out of print and fetches a good $20-25 on eBay.

I wish I hadn't missed out on the complete season DVDs though... I only got season 1. They were just too expensive for me back then.:whistle2:(

Awesome, I had no idea the movie was worth so much. I've seen a few around before even. I have my copy of the DVD since I'm a huge fan of the Transformers and since as a kid I never saw the whole thing since I didn't wake up in time to tape all of the movie. I still have that VHS tape somewhere. With the Stupid kid Tommy and the giant Optimus Prime in the intro and ending.

bread's done
Back