Great Fun Rebates from DDD 20% off Sale

animemaniac14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
has anybody else received their $20 rebate from the DeepDiscountDVD 20% off sale back in june? I SURPRISINGLY got mine today...and i heard that this was just a scam..well WOOHOO an extra $20 for me :applause::lol::applause:

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']Wait...What?[/quote]

Just to make sure everyone knows this...After you placed your order for any number of DVDs on DDD's site, there was an ad that said "SIGN UP FOR GREAT FUN AND GET $20 REBATE ON YOUR ORDER!" does anybody else remember this? Cuz i certainly do...i mean when something says "GET FRIKIN $20 BACK ON YOUR ORDER..." i tend to wanna sign up and test my luck :hot:

I still haven't received all my items from that sale...

Anyway, I figured that $20 rebate wasn't worth the hassle. What exactly did you have to do to get it? I don't remember much discussion about it in the official thread, so I didn't bother trying it.

all you had to do was sign up for it...then send in some rebate form with your name and account number and that was it! im truly amazed i actually received the rebate o_O

wait until they charge your credit card/debit card numerous times and screw you out of well over that 20 dollars your rebate was for...

I signed up, but haven't gotten my rebate form yet. They give you a 1-month free trial, then you have to call them to cancel your subscription. OP, was the rebate form e-mailed to you or did it come in the mail with the DVDs you bought?

[quote name='animemaniac14']wait...shit you have to CALL THEM to cancel your subscription?! SHIT[/quote]
Yes, remember to ALWAYS READ THE FINE PRINT whenever you sign something or give your credit card number. It may seem like a waste of time, but it will save your ass later.

The terms of your payment authorization for Great Fun follow. Please print or save a copy of this authorization:
Unless you call toll free to cancel during the one month of your Free trial period, your privileges will automatically continue at the low $9.99 monthly membership fee, or then-current monthly fee, billed to your designated credit card or debit card without your having to do anything further. Your satisfaction is important. You can call toll free to cancel at any time and you won't be billed for any additional months. The Free Gift is yours to keep no matter what.

7. RIGHT TO CANCEL MEMBERSHIP - You have the right to terminate this Agreement at any time. You may cancel this Agreement by calling 1-877-488-9480 or writing to Great Fun at P.O. Box 1029, Trumbull, CT 06611. If You cancel this Agreement during your trial period, You will not owe any membership fee. If You discontinue your membership at any time after the trial period, You will not be billed for any additional months. You will remain liable for any other fees or charges to be paid pursuant to this Agreement

[quote name='animemaniac14']wait...shit you have to CALL THEM to cancel your subscription?! SHIT

anybody have their number? so i can call them IMMEDIATELY![/QUOTE]

damn... i feel for you now. Another shady profit by the trillegant group (people behind "great fun!").

[quote name='nectarsis1']I received my rebate yesterday...for $2.50...WTF???[/quote]
Yeah, I got the same thing. It looked like once I cashed the check, I'd automatically join their stupid membership deal. I don't the the 2.50 that bad...

I didn't sign up for this, but got a check from them for 2.95 the other day. If you deposit it you get signed on for some sort of scam. The annoying thing is that the envelope said "CHECK ENCLOSED" on it, so someone could've easily swiped it and got me signed on for some crap service. I like DDD, but that is not very cool.

I filled it out and cancelled. Haven't gotten my rebates yet but I haven't been charged. They gave me the usual hassle asking why i wanted to cancel etc. As long as your firm they have to cancel account.

All in all took me about 5 minutes to cancel my account over the phone.

i just called and MAN are they annoying to deal with...everytime i said "i'd like to cancel my membership" they kept saying, "Ok mr. so and so, im going to continue your account so you can get free discounts on everything blah blah blah" NO YOU FRIKIN RETARD! I WANT TO CANCEL....C-A-N-C-E-L MY ACCOUNT...IT MEANS I DON'T FRIKIN WANNA DEAL WITH YOU ANYMORE...ok, well i will charge $40 to your account so you can continue your membership with us...gah...glad thats FINALLY over...

[quote name='animemaniac14']i just called and MAN are they annoying to deal with...everytime i said "i'd like to cancel my membership" they kept saying, "Ok mr. so and so, im going to continue your account so you can get free discounts on everything blah blah blah" NO YOU FRIKIN RETARD! I WANT TO CANCEL....C-A-N-C-E-L MY ACCOUNT...IT MEANS I DON'T FRIKIN WANNA DEAL WITH YOU ANYMORE...ok, well i will charge $40 to your account so you can continue your membership with us...gah...glad thats FINALLY over...[/quote]

Well, surely you didn't think they'd just give away $20 for nothing? What exactly is this "Great Fun" service anyway?

[quote name='chewster777']Yeah, I got the same thing. It looked like once I cashed the check, I'd automatically join their stupid membership deal. I don't the the 2.50 that bad...[/QUOTE]

I get those from time to time. One that came yesterday was for $8.00, but that would automatically sign me up for a 2 week trial or something. After that, they would charge me $150 for a year subscription. F That.

[quote name='nectarsis1']I received my rebate yesterday...for $2.50...WTF???[/quote]
lol I got that too. Then I read under the endorsement line and saw that I'd be signing up for some service. Lame.

I signed up Great Fun with buy.com for a $25 rebate early this year. A couple of days later I received a welcome email, then the rebate form (via email). I immediately sent in for my rebate. 3 weeks later I called them up to cancel. I had to be firm since they tried to offer to extend my membership for another month, and then offer to give me a $20 rebate for dining. I said screwed that and finally had my membership canceled.

Then another week or two later my rebate check arrived :mrgreen:

They are sending out checks in either $2.50 or $5.50 ammounts. If you cash the check they will bill your credit card about $120. Stay far away.

[quote name='Sulaco22']They are sending out checks in either $2.50 or $5.50 ammounts. If you cash the check they will bill your credit card about $120. Stay far away.[/quote]

well i just deposited the check that i got for $20...if they try to charge me that much..oh they'll be gettin whats comin to them:bomb:

i had a membership for like 6 months, and i never recieved the rebate... i sent in many many forms after numerous orders, and i did not once get the rebate. not even when i emailed and talked to them on the phone before sending in the info. they fucked me over.

[quote name='animemaniac14']well i just deposited the check that i got for $20...if they try to charge me that much..oh they'll be gettin whats comin to them:bomb:[/QUOTE]

theyll be getting.... nothing.... because you didtn read the terms on the back of the check when you endorsed it saying how you just enrolled yourself into their program.

uh actually there were NO terms on the back of the check...i made sure to read the entire check over again and again...and there were 0 (nada, no, zilch) terms on the back...

Got a 2.50 check. Terms are clearly on the envelope that they'll enroll me into their program if I deposit it.

As for the 20 dollar ones, IIRC, the terms were on the website checkout. So you really can't do anything besides cancel their service before they start charging you.

Meh, I was expecting some other real checks in the mail today.

Ok this is a bit dead but I just got my rebate for $20 today. No terms, no conditions nada. So I can confirm that this is legit. Just takes em forevor to mail it out.

bread's done
Back