Great News for the Sane: No Hazzard Sequel!

CapAmerica

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I'll pause here for a moment so that you can say a prayer of thanks, run around screaming "YAYYAYYAY!" or wake up your significant others with the news. Everybody done?

No matter what Jessica Simpson wants, both Johnny Knoxville and Seann William Scott are against the idea of a Dukes of Hazzard sequel. Hooray for them! Scott in particular shows signs of creeping intelligence in his clear-eyed assessment of the original movie: "They could have had they made a more conscious effort to make it funny throughout the whole film instead of just 20 minutes of funny and then a bunch of cool car stuff." Go Seann! Some producer somewhere is tearing up the paper in impotent fury, but the man speaks the truth. Furthermore, Scott's pretty sure a sequel would be ill-advised. Though he's aware that the movie did, somehow, make a pile of money, he told Moviehole: "I don't think we'll do a sequel for it. The reviews are so bad." Man. Is it too late to make this guy SAG head?

~http://www.cinematical.com/

You watch- the sequel will be a straight-to-video mega-turd. It will star the STV kings Dolph Lungren and Steven Seagal.

[quote name='crickett003']You watch- the sequel will be a straight-to-video mega-turd. It will star the STV kings Dolph Lungren and Steven Seagal.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: Damn I haven't heard the name Dolph Lungren in a long time.

This means nothing. If the studio thinks they can make money off of it I guarantee there will be a sequel. It's not like Stifler and Jackass are A-list actors winning Oscars and picking and choosing what they want to do. If they are offered a pile of money to reprise their roles they will do it.

They could just change the actors, it's no bigger.

I see a sequel being made just because all the southern hicks want another film.

[quote name='javeryh']This means nothing. If the studio thinks they can make money off of it I guarantee there will be a sequel. It's not like Stifler and Jackass are A-list actors winning Oscars and picking and choosing what they want to do. If they are offered a pile of money to reprise their roles they will do it.[/QUOTE]

exactly. if nothing else they will get some other guys to do it and it will be no different. i haven't seen this movie, or club dread, but i heard that they both sucked. it's awful that the guy who directed, and starred, in super troopers is stinking it up with the quality of his films.

[quote name='phatbunbao']Looks like those boots weren't made for sequels! sorry I had to say it[/QUOTE]
At first when I started reading that, I figured you would change walking to Walken. Don't know what...that's kind of weird. There's an idea, recast the two of them with Walken and Robin Williams :rofl:

[quote name='guardian_owl']At first when I started reading that, I figured you would change walking to Walken. Don't know what...that's kind of weird. There's an idea, recast the two of them with Walken and Robin Williams :rofl:[/QUOTE]

I think that Walken could do Boss Hog. All he needs to say is "Needs more cowbell." Comedy gold. :lol:

[quote name='javeryh']Coy and Vance anyone?[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Lundgren and Segal as Coy and Vance.

bread's done
Back