Great Prices on Blu-ray titles(Amazon Affiliate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacknicklson

CAGiversary!
Feedback
197 (100%)
CheapyD Note:
This "website" is identical to Amazon's blu-ray "Multi-Disc Set" page.
It provides no additional functionality or information whatsoever.

http://blu-rayboxsets.com/

This site has some pretty competitive prices on BD titles. I just picked up Prison Break Season 1 for $37. Other notables:

Spiderman Trilogy - $53.45
Die Hard Box Set - $64.50

I did a search and did not see anything pertaining to this site. I apologize if this is a repost.

Some list the used price(thanks epp1e for pointing out the Spiderman error), but if you check, the new prices are quite competitive as well.

The order is placed as an Amazon Marketplace order, so definitely check on seller ratings before purchasing.

How do the prices compare to purchasing from Amazon directly? Since this is an affiliate, I would assume the prices would be the same. Do they have any specials for ordering through their site?

[quote name='poisonedpawn45']How do the prices compare to purchasing from Amazon directly? Since this is an affiliate, I would assume the prices would be the same. Do they have any specials for ordering through their site?[/quote]
It doesnt' appear to match Amazon that well just based on the titles mentioned, they always seem to be cheaper, I wonder how shipping is

Prison Break
Amazon $69.95
BRBS $37

Spiderman
Amazon $60.95
BRBS $42.26

Die Hard
Amazon $90.95
BRBS $64.50

[quote name='opterasis']Hmmm I want to bite on that Die hard boxset...but I want the unrated version of live free or die hard.[/quote]

Same, I bought the Steel Book from BB and the other 3 from the latest BOGO. Well worth it for a few f-bombs :)

If you pay close attention, a lot of these are used (Check next to the price if it says "Buy New" or "Buy Used"). The Die Hard collection is indeed new though, with $3 shipping... so it beats Amazon's price by a lot.

Thanks for posting this - I don't reallly mind too much buying used when it comes to Blu ray. The coating they use on the underside seems to hold up pretty well (at least according to my netflix rentals), so I picked up prison break on Blu ray for $25 shipped.

[Edit: Wonderful iPhone spelling..]

[quote name='epp1e']If you pay close attention, a lot of these are used (Check next to the price if it says "Buy New" or "Buy Used"). The Die Hard collection is indeed new though, with $3 shipping... so it beats Amazon's price by a lot.[/quote]

Nice find :applause:

Thanks OP

I don't understand the point of linking to this Affiliate. Isn't this just stealing from CheapyD's Amazon affiliate buy-through? Aren't these listing the same as you would find on Amazon's pages without the fancy BR Boxset framework?

[quote name='lurknomore']I don't understand the point of linking to this Affiliate. Isn't this just stealing from CheapyD's Amazon affiliate buy-through? Aren't these listing the same as you would find on Amazon's pages without the fancy BR Boxset framework?[/quote]

I don't know if you are accusing me of stealing, but I find it makes it easier to look through marketplace sellers' through this site, than through Amazon.com

[quote name='jacknicklson']I don't know if you are accusing me of stealing, but I find it makes it easier to look through marketplace sellers' through this site, than through Amazon.com[/QUOTE]

Not accusing you of stealing, I'm thinking that this is against CAG rules as it is another's Amazon affiliate listing. If Blu-RayBoxsets is your affiliate site, then my accusation would apply to you...otherwise, again, not accusing you...I am just saying that this listing and thread is inappropriate for the CAG forums.

[quote name='lurknomore']Not accusing you of stealing, I'm thinking that this is against CAG rules as it is another's Amazon affiliate listing. If Blu-RayBoxsets is your affiliate site, then my accusation would apply to you...otherwise, again, not accusing you...I am just saying that this listing and thread is inappropriate for the CAG forums.[/quote]

My apologies, then.

[quote name='lurknomore'] I'm thinking that this is against CAG rules as it is another's Amazon affiliate listing. If Blu-RayBoxsets is your affiliate site, then my accusation would apply to you...otherwise, again, not accusing you...I am just saying that this listing and thread is inappropriate for the CAG forums.[/quote]

Considering what this site is based on, posting the cheapest source possible is not against any rules.

[quote name='opterasis']Considering what this site is based on, posting the cheapest source possible is not against any rules.[/QUOTE]

I think that you are failing to understand the thrust of my position as well as the nature of this Amazon marketplace pseudo-storefront.

[quote name='lurknomore']I think that you are failing to understand the thrust of my position as well as the nature of this Amazon marketplace pseudo-storefront.[/QUOTE]
If he found a cheaper site than he can post it. No offense, but I'm not interested in who gets what for the links I click on. Thanks, OP!

Does anyone here own the first 2 Die Hard movies on Blu-Ray?

I'd like to bite on the Die Hard set, but I heard the transfers for the first two movies (the ones I really want) are sub-par.

[quote name='asianxcore']Does anyone here own the first 2 Die Hard movies on Blu-Ray?

I'd like to bite on the Die Hard set, but I heard the transfers for the first two movies (the ones I really want) are sub-par.[/quote]

Yeah theyre pretty shitty. Not gonna sugar coat it.

But at the price of 60 for all 4... or 60 for 2 of them at bb or online..

Its better off to get the boxset..

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back