Greatest gaming achievments?

danny-o

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Just would like to hear what everyone feels thier best moments in games are.

Some of Mine would have to be beating Dracula X on the snes with the good ending (rescue maria and richter's girl) . Getting a perfect run with the 13 car in the original Ridge Racer on the Hard TT course and still holding record. And recently beating Gears of War on insane.

Probably finishing Super Monkey Ball on Expert (through Master) without continuing and only falling out once (just missed the perfect score!).

Also finishing the second quest in LoZ about 2 weeks after I got the game in 1986. There were no maps, strategy guides or anything to go on and finding everything was quite challenging.

Completing all the runs on MEtroid Zero Mission, especially the 10% Hard Run under 2 hours -.-

I will always have that game save on the cartridge :D

Btw, that zebes.gif in your sig is pretty interesting, any chance there's a larger version so I can see what he's saying? =D

Beating Story Mode/Unlocking every driver video in F-Zero GX.

The 3 heart challenge for Ocarina of Time. I also didn't get the final Great Fairy upgrade (half damage), but you bet I used a few fairies.

- Pausing Rygar for the nes, going to bed, waking up at the crack of dawn the next day and going on to finish the game. That game really needed a password or battery save function.

- Beating Kid Icarus. This feat took me literally weeks, and the joy and satisfaction I felt after beating it more than made up for the lame ending.

- Playing thru PS1 Resident Evil in 2 hours without dying or saving. Ive done this more than once. People would watch me play thru the entire game like they were watching a movie.

- Being one of the top ranked Team Fortress Classic players in the world. TFC was an original half life mod. Out of approx 50,000 active players worldwide, I was consistently ranked in the top 100 players. My best week ever I was ranked #26. This was long before the days where you could really get paid for fragging people online, but if I could ever be that good at a fps again, I would be gettin paid! lol

haha my lame ass accomplishment I can think of was beating DKC in like 1 hour 46 minutes or something. I was also pretty proud of getting to level 17 in tetris on my Ti-84.

[quote name='mrchainsaw']Beating Stuntman.

100% in San Andreas.

I know, not that impressive.[/quote]

dude, Stuntman was the hardest frakkin game I ever played! I dont think I finished even the 3rd movie. That game caused more cursing and controller abuse that any ps2 game I own. I loved the idea tho and I hope we get an updated and easier version/sequel.

Beating SNES SF2 (Chun Li) and SF2T (Ryu) on hardest dificulty and getting all perfects.
Beating Battletoads without continuing (NES)
Beating Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles without dying (NES) (dandesdain is right about these two, how many people have actually completed these games?)
Beating Fester's Quest NES w/o dying
Beating Batman NES w/o dying
Breaking the top 30 overall on SVC Chaos XBX Live while only using Ryu, Terry, and Demetri (none of the cheap or super players). I also never reset when losing (gives both players a win) and my record was absolutely untarnished (easily a top 5 player). I was able to consistently defeat Shin Akuma, Super Karate, and Evil Ken players more often than not (incredibly unfair characters to fight).
Winning the last Blockbuster game Awards (94?) at all three Blockbusters I won at, they only let me have a reward from one store).

There are several others, those are just the ones I can think off the top of my head. I keep editing this post, sorry if this seems like a bragging post, its been so long since I have talked about this:)

[quote name='Otherguy676']Beating SNES SF2 (Chun Li) and SF2T (Ryu) on hardest dificulty and getting all perfects.
Beating Battletoads without continuing (NES)
Beating Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles without dying (NES) (dandesdain is right about these two, how many people have actually completed these games?)
Beating Batman NES w/o dying
Breaking the top 30 overall on SVC Chaos XBX Live while only using Ryu, Terry, and Demetri (none of the cheap or super players). I also never reset when losing (gives both players a win) and my record was absolutely untarnished (easily a top 5 player). I was able to consistently defeat Shin Akuma, Super Karate, and Evil Ken players more often than not (incredibly unfair characters to fight).
Winning the last Blockbuster game Awards (94?) at all three Blockbusters I won at, they only let me have a reward from one store).

There are several others, those are just the ones I can think off the top of my head. I keep editing this post, sorry if this seems like a bragging post, its been so long since I have talked about this:)[/quote]

Haha, this is a bragging thread =P

I have yet to accomplish TMNT on the NES. I remember playing it almost every day wondering when I would finally finish the game, fast forward 10 years, it's now sitting in a cabinet with my NES -.-
The Dam Part always drained my health, so next level they were all left with 1 half box left -.-

I wasn't too thrilled when I finally past the Big City after the Dam level only to find myself in another map. After I died there I gave up :booty:

[quote name='Otherguy676']
[/quote] Whoa, how did you ever beat those games, let alone without dying? They were so hard.

[quote name='dopa345']Beating Colony Wars: Vengeance, probably the hardest console space shooter ever made.[/quote]

Was CW: Vengeance really that hard? I remember beating that one and the original.

I had Wipeout XL tell me I ran a "Perfect Lap." It was the first course but on phantom speed. I don't remember what ship I was using (maybe piranha?).

There was a time I could easily finish Contra and Lifeforce (NES) on one credit (not using the 30 lives cheat, heh). Once I finished Contra on a single life.

I'd say my first accomplishment was finishing Metal Gear Solid in 3 hours. My other one was while I was playing Halo 2 online. I managed to kill so many enemies in a short period I got the "KILLAMANJARO" statement from the game. I had never heard so I was pretty proud of myself. High fives were in order.

[quote name='Allnatural']There was a time I could easily finish Contra and Lifeforce (NES) on one credit (not using the 30 lives cheat, heh). Once I finished Contra on a single life.[/quote]

I forgot about Contra! I used to beat that on one continue (3 men) as well. And a few times Ive beaten it on one man. :D

i mostly play RPGs... but the greatest one i think i finished was Kotor, the last guy took me a long time because i didn't "build my character right".. so i had to outlast him i used a lot of mines and eventually got him.. pretty cool..

the first time i finished FF7 was an accomplishment to me

getting the 3 or 4 different endings in Granstream Saga was cool for me too..

hmm.. of the old systems.. finishing Super Mario Bros 3 was pretty cool the first time you do it..

finally unlocking the special characters in Cool Boarders 2 was a fun achievment for me

the best though.. Burnout 3.. when i finally got ranked in the top 10 (i believe i was 6th) that was something I was proud of..

gettin #1 in 5 different GG servers on CS Source was pretty cool XD

I pretty much emptied all the servers when i won 10 in a row

Beating the first Tomb Raider, as it was the first game that I ever fully completed and i didnt cheat to do it. I had to cheat to beat Doom2; no matter how hard i tried i couldnt get the rocket to go in the head of the final boss. :(

I can still remember beating Mario 3 for the first time. I was so excited, I had to call my Mom on the phone (was staying at my Dad's for the weekend).

Recently, getting through Twilight Princess in under 2 weeks (unheard of for me--I've been playinf RE4 for the better part of a month now), and rocking the hardest levels in Ouendan and EBA

Bubble Bobble. No continues. That still stands as my greatest achievement ever. My second is probably beating the holy trinity of liscenced beat em ups in the arcade of TMNT, the Simpsons, and the X-Men game. Nightcrawler for the win bitches.

Also, am I the only one who thought that the original home version of TMNT wasn't that hard? I beat it several times. It turns into a cakewalk after the dam stage.

[quote name='furyk']Also, am I the only one who thought that the original home version of TMNT wasn't that hard? I beat it several times. It turns into a cakewalk after the dam stage.[/quote]
It's definitely up there as the hardest game I've ever played.

I think I use to beat Aladdin on the SNES with the controller upside down and backwards, I remember how quick I use to beat that game I had to do some new stuff to keep it interesting, great game though. I beat Metroid Prime on Hard, that probably wasn't too hard though, but I think the sheer number of games I've beat is probably a pretty big accomplishment.

Behold the lamest bragging post in recent history!

I beat the second form of Ganon in Ocarina of Time after getting down to 1/4 heart (out of 18) with normal arrows (I didn't know the debris on the battlefield dropped magic) on my first time beating the game.

I got 344, 240 on Freebird on Hard.

I beat Dawn of Sorrow on Hard.

Beating Halo 2 in Legendary was pretty hard, especially since I did it in coop with a player who wasn't as good as I was.

But probably tougher was beating all the Weapons/insanely hard optional bosses in all the Final Fantasies (i.e. Emerald, Ruby, Omega, etc).

Hmm...Contra 5 times on a life.

2.6 million in single-player Time Crisis 3 in the arcades, 1.2 million in single player Time Crisis 2...both runs taking zero damage.

2hrs 35 minutes, 9 seconds through Resident Evil 4 on Cube with 0 saves and 0 deaths.

...and taking down Yiazmat in FFXII. They made that fight totally unnecessarily long...

I remember beating the arcade version of shinobi in one quater.

Also, getting every ending in contra hard corpse for the genesis.

-Beat the Xbox version of Metal Slug 3 (Xbox version doesn't allow continues and that final stage is hard as fuck).

-Beat Golgo 13 on NES, start to finish.

Figuring out that if I unroll a condom on the second joystick at my local arcade, I could play alone.

Turning all my Virtual Boy cartriges into cool keychains and selling them for $20 a pop.

Working at a video game store and stealing from them for the 6 months I worked there and then reselling them all the stolen stuff after I was fired for $562 dollars.

Ruining Counter-strike for years being part of [Myg0t].

"Calling" that Virtual Reality would never take off.

Never being a Nintendo fanboy, no matter how much hype they churn up after reading the Apple PR Bible.

[quote name='Dandeschain']Beating Battletoads and TMNT on the Nes.:applause:[/quote]

dude, I could never beat battle toads!!

Played through Marvel vs. Capcom 2 twice in the arcade on one set of credits. I would have kept playing but it cut me off after two playthroughs. Not only did I beat it twice, but I did it with two different teams.

[quote name='yzerman']dude, I could never beat battle toads!![/quote]

Yea man, Battletoads is fuck ing hard as fuck . It must have taken me 3 weeks to get past the 3rd level with the jetski thingies and probably another month to climb the tower at the end.

There have been many, but the most recent would be getting the fifth hidden ending on Drakengard 1.

Try it and you'll understand why.

I've beat like 200 games, so I guess that's ana ccomplishment. Lately I did beat GOW on insane, that was pretty cool. Oh and I beat Battletoads once, hard as hell!

bread's done
Back