Green and Red DSi bundles for BF

Aww you beat me to it. The green bundle looks awesome, but I am holding out til the 3DS next year. BTW, why would they have such a crappy pack-in game....

Green dsi looks pretty sweet ... but not an xl. I've been threatening my wife that I'll pick up a 25th anniversary xl on bf.

[quote name='rothgar24']Green dsi looks pretty sweet ... but not an xl. I've been threatening my wife that I'll pick up a 25th anniversary xl on bf.[/QUOTE]

The red xl looks great... I do not like the wii they have though. Still not getting why they have mario kart as a box-in and not new mario bros.

Pretty cool. I found out that Amazon appears to have sold out of the white DSi bundle (one I was interested in, sort of) so this looks pretty cool.

I look forward to seeing what other DS-related deals there are this Black Friday. I'm on the lookout for two of them for my nephews and possibly a third for me. They'd probably be best with a DS Lite since they have a huge GBA collection, but I don't really care which one I got (I'm leaning towards a DSi, either one of these or the Red XL).

All my useless rambling aside, this is at least a sign that the DS/DSi might get some... interesting... bundles this holiday season, and possibly some decent deals.

the 3DS is gonna be like $300.
Not ready to make that huge of an investment yet without seeing some new games on it.
Kid Icarus looks cool but not totally sold yet.

[quote name='ThatAwesome1']Personally, I would rather save up for a 3DS, but the red one looks pretty cool, I guess.[/QUOTE]
I'd save up for it, but there's the fact that I can't watch 3D movies without getting a headache. I'd hate to see what gaming in 3D would do. Plus, it's going to launch somewhere around $250-300 at minimum. Each game will likely cost $40-50 as well (someone at Nintendo, forget who, essentially said that due to the technology, game prices will go up). I'm looking at probably a $500 investment for the unit, a case, and 3-4 games at launch.

I'd love a 3DS (plus, it's going to conveniently release around my birthday), but there's so much stopping me. For less than half of that $500, I can get the same for a DSi/XL. Plus, I'd get the system now and not 4 months in the future. Come the 2011 holidays the 3DS will have proven to be either a flop or worth the price tag, and I'll make my decision then, I think.

green looks sweet but needs to be a xl...
bought the mario but haven't opened it ... nice shade of red but bummed the inside is red not black...

According to the leaked Walmart BF Ads, there's also an Orange (???) DSi bundle (same as Red/Green) available.

Odd that they would be the only ones to get it.

[quote name='Altanis']According to the leaked Walmart BF Ads, there's also an Orange (???) DSi bundle (same as Red/Green) available.

Odd that they would be the only ones to get it.[/QUOTE]

Walmart BF Ads only have Ds Lites for sale at $89. You are talking about the leaked stock sheet of K-Mart

Yeah, slip of the tongue, err finger. This is why I shouldn't look at one store's BF Ad and try to talk about a different one. :p

Still confused though. I thought this year was Red/Green. Wonder why they're getting Orange, unless someone just can't tell colors from each other.

[quote name='Altanis']Yeah, slip of the tongue, err finger. This is why I shouldn't look at one store's BF Ad and try to talk about a different one. :p

Still confused though. I thought this year was Red/Green. Wonder why they're getting Orange, unless someone just can't tell colors from each other.[/QUOTE]

It is Red/Green, I posted in the K-Mart thread, SHC stated it would be Red/Green. The stock sheet says Orange which I find strange, could be a typo.

EDIT: I was wrong, I asked SHC about the Orange Dsi, and there will be one.

Last edited by a moderator:
What threw me was that he said it was definitely an Orange DSi, not Red, but also said it wasn't a Kmart exclusive, yet they're the only ones to claim an Orange DSi.

[quote name='Altanis']What threw me was that he said it was definitely an Orange DSi, not Red, but also said it wasn't a Kmart exclusive, yet they're the only ones to claim an Orange DSi.[/QUOTE]

Same here. The K-Mart Ad and the other ads show a Green and Red Dsi, but apparently there will be a Orange Dsi at K-Mart.

Target Pre-Black Friday Sale (11/21-11/24) will have a Dsi Console at 119.99, only the white one though.

You have to wonder of course how many people will buy it thinking it's Orange and be pissed if it ends up "Red."

Personally, I couldn't care about the color of a game system. Yeah, I like some colors better than others (white shows dirt/grime easy, black shows scratches and scuffs too easy, etc) but I really couldn't care less.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Waiting for 3D DS is worth it. I hate upgrade new DS every 2 years[/QUOTE]
See my post above.

To some, it will be worth it to wait. To others, it won't be.

I'm not going to run out and get a 3DS the day it drops anyway, so getting a DSi now isn't going to kill me.

Somebody please talk me out of getting one of these things. I was an inch away from the white bundle last BF and now the green...I do not need one of these things as my black DS lite works perfect. I have a bad feeling on BF at 5:00 am in Kmart the impulse buy is going to get the best of me.

I didn't get it, I had the green one in my hands at BB, but put it back down. If it had been bundled with a better game I probably would have bit. Just isnt worth the upgrade for me.

But now this means day one for the 3DS!

[quote name='Altanis']I'd save up for it, but there's the fact that I can't watch 3D movies without getting a headache. I'd hate to see what gaming in 3D would do. [/QUOTE]

Forget a headache, 3D movies make me completely ill. I already know the 3DS is going to be a mess for me. Sure, you can turn it off, but with my video motion sensitivity why spend so much for a feature I'm not going to use?

I got the green bundle and I like it (despite the fingerprint magnet of the glossy finish). I wanted it for downloadable content mainly and a larger screen (but looks like I'm going to need an XL, my eyes are getting worse). I'm going to trade-in Mario Party for the Amazon credit.

Also, I have a 12-year old and am already saving money for the 3DS launch there's no way I want or can afford two at the same time...that's if I can get my hands on one. I have a feeling it's going to be madness trying to get it.

bread's done
Back