Green Hornet 3D Blu Ray on sale for $19.99 - $14.99 with Upgrade & Save coupon

[quote name='ITDEFX']shitty movie not worth it...even in 2-d.[/QUOTE]

That's disappointing to hear. I was planning to get this and Conan as both were $14.99 after the coupon but have changed my mind after seeing some comments.

[quote name='ITDEFX']shitty movie not worth it...even in 2-d.[/QUOTE]

My opinion is that it was funny and enjoyable. If you like Seth Rogan and like fun action flicks that don't take themselves seriously then you should get it.

I agree that it's not worth the extra $ to get it in 3D, but if you can get the 2D for $5-8 then I think it's worth it.

If this movie had less of the Green Hornet and more of Kato then it would have been a lot better.

I find Seth Rogan to be mildly funny, but his voice and laugh very irritating and that detracts almost everything from the small bit of humor he brings to the table. The guy who played Kato I found to be much funnier, wittier, and a much better martial artist (duh). Granted the dialog was from the writers, but delivery has a lot to do with it as well.

I honestly wouldn't want to own this on 2D for even $5.

[quote name='coopscohen']That's disappointing to hear. I was planning to get this and Conan as both were $14.99 after the coupon but have changed my mind after seeing some comments.[/QUOTE]Don't even bother getting Conan in 3D. It's a HORRIBLE 3D conversion. HORRIBLE.

I enjoyed the movie. Then again, I enjoy Seth Rogan, and mindless popcorn movies. If you enjoy Seth Rogan, I'd pick it up.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']If this movie had less of the Green Hornet and more of Kato then it would have been a lot better.

I find Seth Rogan to be mildly funny, but his voice and laugh very irritating and that detracts almost everything from the small bit of humor he brings to the table. The guy who played Kato I found to be much funnier, wittier, and a much better martial artist (duh). Granted the dialog was from the writers, but delivery has a lot to do with it as well.

I honestly wouldn't want to own this on 2D for even $5.[/QUOTE]
Agreed, Kato (Jay Chou) was pretty funny, but that's because of the contrast made with Seth, kind of like Shanghai Noon.

Seth Rogan was a cocky asshole in this movie. Having it in 3d IMAX was a waste...as a matter of fact, my gf and I got sick after watching this movie.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']If this movie had less of the Green Hornet and more of Kato then it would have been a lot better.[/QUOTE]

The same thing goes for the original series, but what can ya do! ;)

Regardless, I didn't hate this movie, in fact I remember it being pretty decent, but at the same time, a little forgettable. 3D seems pretty unneeded to me, so I'll wait for a sub-$10 2D blu ray.

I just realized what Seth Rogan sounds like. You know when you have a cold and you have some...stuff stuck in your throat and you try to talk and it comes out kinda raspy/gargley or whatever. That is what his voice reminds me of, like he needs to constantly clear his throat, really gets on my nerves to be honest. Though for some reason in Monsters vs Aliens it was semi-tolerable, I guess that was because I didn't see him.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Seth Rogan was a cocky asshole in this movie[/QUOTE]

Jesus... I'd hate to see what you though of Christoph Waltz in Inglourious Basterds...

[quote name='tsl141']Jesus... I'd hate to see what you though of Christoph Waltz in Inglourious Basterds...[/QUOTE]

I thought he was so up beat and funny but so sadistic I just couldn't help but love to hate him. I loved almost every scene he was in, in fact he made the movie for me.

Heck I thought he was great in Green Hornet too. "Now trembled before your death. For be it my mask, or be it your blood, red will be the last color that you'll ever see. "

On that note I thought Rogan was annoying as can be, but you probably already got that from my other posts.

[quote name='mrhappi79']My opinion is that it was funny and enjoyable. If you like Seth Rogan and like fun action flicks that don't take themselves seriously then you should get it.

I agree that it's not worth the extra $ to get it in 3D, but if you can get the 2D for $5-8 then I think it's worth it.[/QUOTE]

It was fun enough to watch once, but would you really recommend buying it? I personally can't see wanting to own it. I'd say it's a Netflix rental.

[quote name='tsl141']Jesus... I'd hate to see what you though of Christoph Waltz in Inglourious Basterds...[/QUOTE]

fell asleep during that movie :( never finished watching it.

[quote name='exceed19']Yeah, this was a shitty movie. I wouldnt own it on blu ray for even $5.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't own the soundtrack either.

[quote name='arcane93']It was fun enough to watch once, but would you really recommend buying it? I personally can't see wanting to own it. I'd say it's a Netflix rental.[/QUOTE]

rental at best.

bread's done
Back