Green Lantern: The Animated Series (Blu-ray) $20.99 @ Amazon

I need to buy this. Green Lantern is my favorite comic series from DC. I never got around to watching this, but from what I've seen/heard its good. Thanks for heads up. 

Pre ordered right when I heard. If you like BTAS you'll probably like this. Written so us old bastards can enjoy it but kids will still like it, too.

i honestly have never been able to get into green lantern (or a majority of dc characters anyway). still this is fantastic for fans of the series and im glad wb are releasing this on blu ray :D

This series is awesome. If you've never seen this it's Like Star Trek the Next Generation but with Green lantern. Very similar storytelling styles. Sucks that Batman Beware has the same animators but the storytelling is terrible.

Nice wasn't expecting this on Blu-ray.  It isn't the perfect Green Lantern adapation, but still pretty good overall.  Now I can finally get this off my dvr.  Now where's my Young Justice?! :D

Normally, I would say it would be a LONG way off, but if this sells, then a Warner Archive release might actually happen.

i honestly have never been able to get into green lantern (or a majority of dc characters anyway). still this is fantastic for fans of the series and im glad wb are releasing this on blu ray :D
I had only a passing interest in GL until this series, now I'm really interested in the lore. You should give it a shot if you get the chance. Watch the first 3 episodes and go from there.

I am a little curious as to the quality of the title. Amazon first leaked its existance less than a month ago and WB didn't issue a press release about it until a few days ago.

I am a little curious as to the quality of the title. Amazon first leaked its existance less than a month ago and WB didn't issue a press release about it until a few days ago.
This is going to be like their Beware the Batman. I don't think you will ever see either release in retail stores. For a while now Amazon and WBShop have done MOD (manufacturing on demand) for DVDs and it looks like they are branching out into Blus now. No complaints here, if they keep releasing cartoons then I am happy. The quality of the Beware the Batman is better then the 1080p version that is on iTunes. I cant speak for Green Lantern but I am hopeful.

I just got an email with an updated arrival date: this Friday (3/21).
Did you order is from Amazon? I ordered it on the 6th and I haven't received my email yet.

Price has gone up to $26.99, so this may be a dead deal for anyone that hasn't already pre-ordered it.
Looks like price has gone back down to 22.49 not quite as good as before but better then 26.99.

This is going to be like their Beware the Batman. I don't think you will ever see either release in retail stores. For a while now Amazon and WBShop have done MOD (manufacturing on demand) for DVDs and it looks like they are branching out into Blus now. No complaints here, if they keep releasing cartoons then I am happy. The quality of the Beware the Batman is better then the 1080p version that is on iTunes. I cant speak for Green Lantern but I am hopeful.
Well, anything under the Warner Archive banner is online-only, as WB seems to have created it solely for diehard fans of shows (hence why it has later seasons of most of their live-action shows).

This has been restocked & re-sold out 3 times now, crazy! Maybe that will show WB fans would like another season.

Wow, this arrived today from Amazon. I ordered with Prime 2-day shipping, and it was delivered on a Saturday. I don't recall that happening before.

Unless said fans are willing to pay directly for it, Season 2 ain't happening. Without a toyline to help pay the cost, CN just doesn't have the budget for it.

Because the Ryan Reynolds movie bombed so badly, toy stores had boxes full of Green Lantern toys nobody wanted. They didn't want to get burned so badly yet again and refused to pick up GL:TAS' toyline.

I know the story, never say never, though. They got another season of Clone Wars on netflix. Having said that, I must say that live action movie sucked bad.

That's because Disney sinks more money into their projects and overall have greater synergy than Time Warner. TW's various entities are more or less on their own.

bread's done
Back