Greenville, SC CAGers - WTH are the deals?

awp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Hi everyone in the Greenville area! Anyone else here irritated by the lack of deals others find nationally?

Our Wal-Marts ...well, all those YMMV clearances are almost never to be found here. Sams Club deals? Rare indeed compared to the posts I see. And Best Buy...oh, my God, I cannot stand to read some of the deals people are getting elsewhere. Kmart, Sears...also little to be found compared to what I've read in posts here. Do all of these retail managers in Greenville get together and say, "screw it, we're not going to run clearances like our counterparts"?

Our GameCrazy is gone. Is there any hope for us? Is the dreaded Gamestop our only refuge for any "deals" (wow, that's pretty sad to say that).

Post any deals in our area to be found!!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Target's not too bad on occassion.

I have no problem finding deals in Greenville, honestly. Although store clearance sales are kinda on the lower end, but I usually find those occasionally as well...you just kinda have to be in the right place at the right time.

Honestly, there's no way to direct you to "deals", you just have to get out there and do the legwork and hope to get lucky. Know where to go, where not to go, etc.

I have only been searching hardcore for the last couple of weeks. I did pickup an NES a few years back for 20 bucks at Big Jack's Pawn (I think that's what it's called) on Whitehorse Rd in Berea. I've heard the goodwill in Simpsonville has some electronic stuff (saw a ps1 today for 15 bucks but no cords or anything). The Salvation Army on Woodruff RD (Bi-Lo shopping center next to Little Ceaser's) has some cheap furniture and a few DVD's but I haven't seen a game system yet. There's also supposedly a mom and pop video game shop near Furman (I think it's on 276 in the university square shopping center) but I haven't checked it out at all yet. I know there's goodwills in Berea on Blue Ridge Drive and East North Street but I've never found much there much less anything electronic. There's a SA on Buncombe rd. that you might luck out at. That should be at least a few places to check. I usually find better stuff at Salvation Army than Goodwill around here.

Dont get too excited from the "mom & pop store" aka Dawggone videogames... quite possibly the most overpriced store for classic games. Make sure you know the prices of games before you buy something from them.

Greenville does have their share of deals, you just have to be patient.

[quote name='studlyduffman']Dont get too excited from the "mom & pop store" aka Dawggone videogames... quite possibly the most overpriced store for classic games. Make sure you know the prices of games before you buy something from them.

Greenville does have their share of deals, you just have to be patient.[/QUOTE]

glad I never wasted my time going there. Most of the time when i want a classic game, I just troll around the flea markets and such anyhow.

Make sure you check out the Video Game Cavern in Greenville. AWESOME store for classic gaming and great trade in values. When I lived down there I would shop that place all the time. Great prices on classic games.

bread's done
Back