Grid 2 (360, PS3) Pre-order + $15 Amazon.com Credit $59.99 FSSS

sladeums

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Pre-order Grid 2 and receive $15 Amazon.com Credit PLUS Exclusive Headstart Pack

360 : www.amazon.com/GRID-2-Xbox-360/dp/B0093FO2S4

PS3 : www.amazon.com/GRID-2-Playstation-3/dp/B0093FO2TS

Pre-order Grid 2 for Xbox 360 or PS3 and receive a $15 Amazon.com credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including but not limited to Kindle books, Gift Cards, and Amazon Appstore for Android apps). We will send you a promotional code via email within two days after your order ships.

With pre-order, you'll also receive the Headstart Pack. The Headstart Pack includes car upgrade discounts and Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 GT Car! Pack contains 15% Discount in the Car Upgrades store for the multiplayer game modes, the exclusive Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 GT race car available in single race and multiplayer, plus a special RaceNet bonus. Offers valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com.

Promotion codes will be emailed within two business days after your order ships.
These offers will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limited to one per customer order. Limited supply on the Headstart Pack.

This item will be released on May 28, 2013.

I looooooved the first Grid, but Dirt 3 and Dirt Showdown were so bad I can't blind buy a Codemasters racing game anymore =/

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']I think the price will drop on this pretty quick
random.gif
[/QUOTE]

How would you know?

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Hope this one actually controls decent with a wheel. Grid was a nightmare...unplayable.[/QUOTE]

Really? I've played it with my Microsoft Wireless Force Feedback wheel and it worked fine.

[quote name='dealquest']How would you know?[/QUOTE]

Keyword: think

It's like my opinion man, based on the previous GRiD and the racing genre in general.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Keyword: think

It's like my opinion man, based on the previous GRiD and the racing genre in general.[/QUOTE]

Lol - nice BL reference.

Yes I agree - lately any Amazon Preorder Credit is a glimpse into their obvious 2-weeks-after-release-sale. In other words, this will be at least $44.99 by June 11. It's science.

[quote name='VexxedCS']I looooooved the first Grid, but Dirt 3 and Dirt Showdown were so bad I can't blind buy a Codemasters racing game anymore =/[/QUOTE]

I didn't play Dirt 3, but Dirt Showdown was pretty awful..Dirt 2 wasn't even that good imo, especially when compared to the first One.

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']Really? I've played it with my Microsoft Wireless Force Feedback wheel and it worked fine.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's better on 360. I played it with the Driving Force GT on PS3. It "works" fine but the handling of the cars sucks imo compared to every other racer I've played. And I've played almost everything, including WRC 3, which is such a better rally game than any of the Codemasters ones.

Take a look around the Internet if you're curious. There's plenty of complaints about how the cars in Grid handled with a wheel.

[quote name='Vap']I didn't play Dirt 3, but Dirt Showdown was pretty awful..Dirt 2 wasn't even that good imo, especially when compared to the first One.[/QUOTE]

I had Dirt 3 for a little while.. then I sold it :X I wasn't big on the gymkhana stuff, and interest on the game fell really fast :(

Loved the first DiRT and still love Grid though.

[quote name='wongjp']I had Dirt 3 for a little while.. then I sold it :X I wasn't big on the gymkhana stuff, and interest on the game fell really fast :(

Loved the first DiRT and still love Grid though.[/QUOTE]

Same here...Dirt (1) and Grid were better than any of the Dirt sequels, to me.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']This is more of an arcade racing game than a simulation right?[/QUOTE]

You can pretty much make it anywhere from Arcadey to Simulation and anywhere in between. Decent amount of options to tweak to your liking.

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']You can pretty much make it anywhere from Arcadey to Simulation and anywhere in between. Decent amount of options to tweak to your liking.[/QUOTE]

I lean towards more Arcadey titles, but I played GRID like it was in between. Depending on the car, I really had to familiarize myself with each car and its handling. Whereas the latest NFS: Most Wanted (Criterion) is pretty much arcadey, GRID definitely required more skill.

[quote name='sladeums']Pre-order Grid 2 and receive $15 Amazon.com Credit PLUS Exclusive Headstart Pack

360 : www.amazon.com/GRID-2-Xbox-360/dp/B0093FO2S4

PS3 : www.amazon.com/GRID-2-Playstation-3/dp/B0093FO2TS

Pre-order Grid 2 for Xbox 360 or PS3 and receive a $15 Amazon.com credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including but not limited to Kindle books, Gift Cards, and Amazon Appstore for Android apps). We will send you a promotional code via email within two days after your order ships.

With pre-order, you'll also receive the Headstart Pack. The Headstart Pack includes car upgrade discounts and Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 GT Car! Pack contains 15% Discount in the Car Upgrades store for the multiplayer game modes, the exclusive Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 GT race car available in single race and multiplayer, plus a special RaceNet bonus. Offers valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com.

Promotion codes will be emailed within two business days after your order ships.
These offers will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limited to one per customer order. Limited supply on the Headstart Pack.

This item will be released on May 28, 2013.[/QUOTE]

Seems like a good deal to me, but if people are sure the price will drop i guess not.

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']You can pretty much make it anywhere from Arcadey to Simulation and anywhere in between. Decent amount of options to tweak to your liking.[/QUOTE]

I don't think GRID 2 has assists in the game at all.

Oddly enough-- I preordered this, then decided to cancel before the release date, but Amazon sent me a code for the preorder bonus DLC anyway. No $15 cert though.

bread's done
Back