Grieving for my dying mouse.

Clak

CAGiversary!
So I've had two of these old MS Intellimouse optical 1.1 mice over the years, I've always loved the button layout, having the back/forward buttons on opposite sides, rather than the left side like most mice these days. Unfortunately this one has started double clicking whenever I left click just like my original one started doing. I went looking for another one and was heart broken to find out they're very hard to find due to being discontinued. Did anyone else here use one of these and have to move onto something else?

WOW. I saw this title and thought "I bet this is about the old MS Intelllimouse optical mice"..

I, too, had one for five years, and it started doing the same thing yours is doing. Though it's gone, it's never forgotten. In all seriousness, it was perfect for games, and I have yet to find one like it.

There's some on Amazon, but they are pricey.

What about the Razer Taipan? It has back/forward buttons on both sides of the mouse, as it is ambidextrous, so you could program those buttons however you liked.

Or maybe the Logitech G300, it's ambidextrous as well, but the back/forward buttons are in a strange place, IMO.

A good mouse is tough to give up. I used a Razer Diamondback for years, before recently "upgrading" to Razer Imperator. Long story short, I couldn't get used to the Imperator and switched back to my ancient Diamondback. (Anyone want to make an offer on a barely-used Imperator?)

[quote name='pacifickarma']A good mouse is tough to give up. I used a Razer Diamondback for years, before recently "upgrading" to Razer Imperator. Long story short, I couldn't get used to the Imperator and switched back to my ancient Diamondback. (Anyone want to make an offer on a barely-used Imperator?)[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat with my Diamondback, but I know it's just that I'm so used to it.. I figure there has to be a better mouse out there but I can't find it.

You know I have had my logitech MX 510 for about 8 years now. It's been very comfortable..needs internal cleaning though... Looking into other mice in store I find either the mice available are either too big or too small and don't feel as good as the 510. :(

Man, I was using a tiny "portable" mouse with my laptop for like 3 years before I finally bought an actual size mouse lol, now I have the MW3 Logitech G9X and I really like the mouse a lot (I don't like CoD though, but I got it for a good price so I don't really care what's on it). I agree that it can take a while to find a mouse that you really like and want to stick to that style, I prefer having one that has a little different style then a regular mouse (my favorite ones I've tried are probably a G9X and Creative's Fata1ity 1010 from a while back)

Amazon had a nice deal on the Logitech G700 a couple weeks ago. I'm really liking it so far, but it doesn't have buttons on both sides like u wanted

My favorite mouse ever. I rocked it for about 7 years before it began degrading to the point where I needed to replace it. I once bought a newer intellimouse model during that time but quickly went back to the 1.1. I've had 2 Razer Diamondbacks since then, and I currently use a Cyborg RAT 7 but none of these feel as good as the Intellimouse did.

I managed to prolong it's suffering a bit, opened it up and cleaned it out, seems to be working better now. I need to find a tiny pair of defibrillator paddles.

bread's done
Back