Grill-Off with Ultra Hand for WiiWare - 80 points via Club Nintendo

hoofrog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Nintendo has updated their Club website with a new WiiWare game, released today, called Grill-Off with Ultra Hand. The game is unique in that you have to be a Club Nintendo member to purchase the game and that purchase uses Nintendo club reward points, not the traditional Nintendo points. Regardless, the promotional video is worth watching. Meat falling from the sky and busting through walls a la Kool-Aid man, what more could you ask for?

http://grilloff.nintendo.com/

System: Wii | No. of players: 1-2 players | Release Date: Mar 31, 2010
Publisher: Nintendo | Genre: Action | Club Nintendo Coins: 80

Had no idea about this, but minutes after I saw this post, got an email from Nintendo announcing this title.

Just submitted my order. 80 points is nothing.

sweet freaking find OP! not the wrong forum, except for an email, I wouldn't have noticed this! now to log in and check my point balance..

edit: and holy sh*t, theres a game and watch collection 2 for DS!!

For those of you getting the grilling game, let me know if it's worth it. It is kind of strange that for only 80 points you can get WiiWare whereas for 400 you can get some cheap DS stickers.

How odd. Yeah, I'm going to wait for someone to say something about it's quality - I'm a bit interested in it though.

[quote name='UberSwiss']For those of you getting the grilling game, let me know if it's worth it. It is kind of strange that for only 80 points you can get WiiWare whereas for 400 you can get some cheap DS stickers.[/QUOTE]
I would argue that this is why it doesn't matter what the quality is. It costs 1/5th the number of points as some useless stickers, so I think I'll take my chances with the game.

Picked up the game and will download later this evening. I've never had enough coins to get anything as of yet so this is a great little idea by Nintendo. Keep the exclusive club nintendo wiiware games coming.

I picked up the game and watch 2 collection. I didn't even know it was an award so thanks OP & token2k6 for alerting me to the new goods. Hope they keep making DS games for the funclub.

I got the remote holder and some bowser folders. I'll get this, I've spent 500 Nin. points on Muscle March and I rarely play that. 80 points isn't really money.

I want to order both G&W games but, for some reason, I have the nagging feeling that Nintendo will, one day, pull out some insanely awesome prize and all my points could have gone toward getting it versus these two. Decisions, decisions.

[quote name='gmsick']yeah ill get G&W 1& 2 i have 1800+ points. Good find though op[/QUOTE]

I hear that the Game and Watch collection 1 isn't worth the points. Just letting people know about that.

[quote name='yruluis']I hear that the Game and Watch collection 1 isn't worth the points. Just letting people know about that.[/QUOTE]

I jumped the gun on this way back when it first was announced. It's fun and definitely more of a collector's item than long-term playability.

EVERYONE GO WATCH THE PROMO VIDEO NOW.

"Grab more meat and the action gets more frenetic." :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had a spare code for a game I already registered on my normal account, so I set up a new account, got 50 points for the game, did the 30 point survey and purchased this for 80 points. I'll input my code tonight when I get home and check this game out.

I ordered G&W Collection 2 and Ultra hand :D

In case you buy multiple copies of the same games for family members...

I think you can set up some family member accounts if you have multiple same games to register for points, since Nintendo won't register multiple codes for the same game in one account. All the family member accounts will pool the points together for a bigger reward.

Ultrahand is one of the very first toys Gunpei Yokoi (inventor of the Gameboy) made for Nintendo all the way back in 1967. It was basically a scissor like hand that could be used to grab objects such as balls. Kind of a neat throw back game

Anybody actually play this yet? I've been waiting for a few reviews from people here. It did seem like an April Fool's joke at first, but I guess Nintendo just waited until today to release a silly game like this.

I've heard nothing but bad things about the game itself, but the idea of getting WiiWare/DSiWare games through Club Nintendo--that's a good precedent.

[quote name='gmsick']yeah ill get G&W 1& 2 i have 1800+ points. Good find though op[/QUOTE]

Jesus Christ son how much money have you spent in the last year and a half on Nintendo shit?

I already had G&W 1, just ordered G&W 2 and got my platinum status for the 2nd year in a row. I just wish that Grill game was better. At least it was only 80 points. Hopefully they keep the WiiWare games coming.

bread's done
Back