Grimrock Pre-order 20% Discount

Cygnus11

CAGiversary!
The indi-developed, old-school dungeon crawler is up for pre-order at a 20% discount ($11.99). Anyone who grew up playing old Wizardry, Might and Magic, and Bard's Tale games may find this interesting.

A nice bonus if you buy the game through their website is that you get a standalone installer along with a Steam key.

Not sure if this qualifies as a great deal, but I thought some people may be interested in it.

Here is a link to the website: http://www.grimrock.net/

Woah, that actually looks really incredible. Personally, I think Id need a demo because thats a pretty easy type of game to get wrong, but Im definitely gonna add this to my Steam Wishlist.

Thank you! Purchased! My only dream would be to play this on XBLA or WP7 with Achievements too. Oh well.

For $11.99 you also get a DRM free copy, plus a Steam key for a Steam copy with "Steam achievements" and a ZIP file full of cool preorder goodies.

I'll def keep an eye out for this, but like Tctcl said, these are easy games to eff up. They can also get real boring, real fast.

I got am email about this earlier today. I'll probably grab it with the Steam key. I don't think there real is another old school dungeon crawler on Steam right now unless you count Shining in the Darkness via the Sega Genesis (emulated) pack.

Discount aside, what's the point of doing preorders for a digitally distributed game? Are they carefully monitoring the number of bytes they send to distributors because they might run out?

[quote name='Schildkrote']Discount aside, what's the point of doing preorders for a digitally distributed game? Are they carefully monitoring the number of bytes they send to distributors because they might run out?[/QUOTE]

They are offering a discount for doing so as well as some digital extras. The game is nearly finished and was able to get approval from Valve to be on Steam so I don't have any concerns about it not being released. I don't see where it's any worse than pre-ordering a disc. In either case no one is required to do so, but there are usually incentives, and it's just an option.

Pre-ordering isn't about running out or not running out, it's just a way to lock your order in place. In terms of digital downloads sometimes it also offsets the load of a rush of people buying when the item is first made available like some indie bundles, though I am not suggesting that will be the case here.

[quote name='cheapo72']Adding this link for Steamophobes, GOGophiles, and people who just like options.

Legend of Grimrock[/QUOTE]

The devs have now said that a stand alone installer with a DRM free version of the game will be included when you pre-order from them as well as the Steam key so those who pre-order from them will have the option of both. Note that all of the money goes to the developers when you buy directly from them.

http://www.grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=120

Heads up!

Due to popular request if you preorder or have already preordered the game directly from us, in addition to the steam key you will get access to the standalone installer when the game is released on April 11th. You can get the installer on April 11th from the download page link that is mailed to you when you made the pre-order, so make sure you hold on to the mail if you want to use the standalone version!

Please spread the word

Are there any pre-order bonuses?

If you pre-order now you get 20% off the retail price and early access to following goodies:
- A beautifully crafted game manual
- Legend of Grimrock world map
- Custom made grid paper to print out for all your mapping needs
- Grimrock theme music
- Wallpapers
- Art sheets illustrating foul creatures of Mount Grimrock
- Team photo

I quoted the pre-order bonuses above.

I like the grid paper, especially. Now you know we're talking old school.

bread's done
Back