Ground ZERO liquidation SALE!

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Groundzero Video Closing forever (Surrey)

Attention Gamers & movie lovers alike
Business is closing down so we are selling off all our stock
for very reasonable prices.
PS3,XB360, Wii ranging from $9.99 to $34.99 (bundle prices pending on
certain items) Movies ranging $5.99 to $14.99. we also have ps2, Xbox,
GC games as well. if you have any
questions just give us a call at 604-589-7529

10025 136a st, Surrey (right by the king george skytrain station)

Last Day Jan.28th

I'll check it out on Sunday maybe. Do you work there? Do they have Blu Ray movies?

btw gamer, in your sig you should post your email as gamer602 [at] gmail.com or something so that bots don't pick up on it and add you to their mailing lists automatically.

[quote name='ikariwarriors']My fiancée is sad.

She used to be the manager there a while ago.[/quote]

Really!?!
Dont you live in Winnipeg?
Anything you can tell us?
Tps?

Is the owner Brent?

Groundzero used to be the Surrey Microplay, right? If so I might go out. I'd defiantly go out if the Pattullo wasn't dead right now...

If they do sell Blu-Ray movies, would anyone mind listing some of the titles? I'll pay cost + shipping + a little for the trouble if there are some I'm interested in. You can be goomba for a day. :)

cereal.... I was just driving past there tonight and I kid you not I looked over and said to my g/f "Yeah see GroundZero's still there, someone told me it was gone, but I didn't believe them" I'm 100% cereal... WTF then tonight I read this garbage... Well I guess I'll go scavange like dog tomorrow seen as I'm a 10 minute drive to groundzero!

just went there today, bought a ton of stuff! No Blurays there! I got Forza 2 brand new, cooking mama's cookoff used, dragonballz tenchachi (sp?) 2 used, PGR3 Used, fable 1 used, Urbz used, Prince of Persian 1 used, as well as an AC adapter for my NES and a RCA connection for my NES and a Duck Hunt gun all for 84 bux taxes in and my G/f got the Super mario/Duck Hunt/ Track Meet, TMNT (NES) and TMNT 2 (NES) and 2-3 used movies, but good new releases (Kung Fu Panda was 1 of them and I can't remeber the other 2) All for 30 bux. So There is some great stuff for sale, great people I'm gonna miss them, they were awesome to deal with and I highly suggest checking them out! (they also have stuff behind the scenes in drawers that aren't on display so if they don;t have it out, ask and they might just have it)
Thanks for providing a great service and I hope you guys can start up a new business soon locally!
-Cody

[quote name='gamer602']Really!?!
Dont you live in Winnipeg?
Anything you can tell us?
Tps?

Is the owner Brent?[/quote]

The owner used to be Brent, but someone else bought the store around 4 years back and didn't run it as well, from what I understand. Apparently they moved to a smaller store with a fraction of the floorspace and it went downhill from there.

And yeah, I'm in Winnipeg. Sarah moved out here to be with me, and now she manages the Microplay :)

[quote name='cwoodward']just went there today, bought a ton of stuff! No Blurays there! I got Forza 2 brand new, cooking mama's cookoff used, dragonballz tenchachi (sp?) 2 used, PGR3 Used, fable 1 used, Urbz used, Prince of Persian 1 used, as well as an AC adapter for my NES and a RCA connection for my NES and a Duck Hunt gun all for 84 bux taxes in and my G/f got the Super mario/Duck Hunt/ Track Meet, TMNT (NES) and TMNT 2 (NES) and 2-3 used movies, but good new releases (Kung Fu Panda was 1 of them and I can't remeber the other 2) All for 30 bux. So There is some great stuff for sale, great people I'm gonna miss them, they were awesome to deal with and I highly suggest checking them out! (they also have stuff behind the scenes in drawers that aren't on display so if they don;t have it out, ask and they might just have it)
Thanks for providing a great service and I hope you guys can start up a new business soon locally!
-Cody[/quote]

WoW lot of stuff eh? save some for the kiddies, any FarCry's there btw?

I went out today, not too shabby. There wasn't much I actually needed around, but my Xbox collection is still seriously lacking so I snagged 6 games for $30 (they're 3 for $15). I do wish their rental anime was marked down more though, $10 a disc is not a deal. It's an ok price if you're missing a single disc from some set. But I'm spoiled by boxsets and Rightstuf sales :)

Awesome People...gonna miss the store....boo!

Guess who got a $200 NEW PS3? >>>O! and Advance wars 2!!!!

360 Quick Charge Kit is $19!!

Tons of goodies left!!!!

TOOO MUCH TO LIST!

GO PEOPLE GO!!!!!

YOU DONT KNOW HWAT YOU'RE MISSING!!!!!!

[quote name='gamer602']Awesome People...gonna miss the store....boo!

Guess who got a $200 NEW PS3? >>>O! and Advance wars 2!!!!

360 Quick Charge Kit is $19!!

Tons of goodies left!!!!

TOOO MUCH TO LIST!

GO PEOPLE GO!!!!!

YOU DONT KNOW HWAT YOU'RE MISSING!!!!!![/quote]
Sports games including 09 and 2K9's?!?

[quote name='gamer602']LOL! cousre not!
07s...or older@@[/quote]

Well try to be more clear for fellow CAG members because SPORT games in general means ALL Sports games including 09/2k9 so just mention (not including 09/2k9) or something like that you don't have to laugh at people's ignorance

I wasn't laughing at their ignorance... You took it the wrong way!

Still...common sense would go a long way...

I'll be more clear...got too excited by my haul!

LOL

$200 PS3?! Awww..I'd kill for that deal..Just point a finger, I'd kill them...Or at least, send deadly thoughts in their direction....Or flip 'em off..Hard to enjoy a PS3 when one's in jail. lol.

Never did get a chance to check it out on the weekend, and probably won't get a chance with work and everything to get there before Wednesday. Man I wish I wasn't planning on buying a new digital camera this week. A $200 PS3 would have been sweet!

[quote name='ShocWave']Strange, I went there yesterday, and there was a sign that said:
"All systems half price except Xbox 360 and PS3."[/quote]

Really?? thats cause they're all gone...no systems left....boo!

[quote name='MoFuzz']how is it that I live 5 minutes away from this place and never knew it existed? :bomb:[/quote]

That is the reason why they're dead. No support from you guys!

Not much is left, but take a look as you never know. I just grabbed a few things today, and I'm getting a bunch of their fixtures (which means that Gamedeals is re-organizing the store... again). Know anyone who wants an old 60" projection tv?

^ You didnt know, FIRESTORM?

I'm shocked beyond belief!

I found out about them the FIRST time I was in Surrey....about 5 years ago!

Much better/nicer than GAMESTOP in Cantral CITY.

The owners of GS are slimeballs and screw people over with their high prices....

Dropped by on my lunch break today.

Pretty slim pickings now, they sold all their consoles. No Blu-rays or HD DVDs to be found. Just regular ol' dvd's.

All the 360/PS3/Wii games are older titles that you can probably get from various clearance bins.

They do have some older (N64/PS2/Gamecube/Xbox) stuff for those interested.

I really wish I knew about this sooner. :drool:

[quote name='Firestorm']There might be support if we knew they existed!
And if they weren't located in such a sketchy area >.>;[/quote]

Yeah wouldn't want to get jumped after jumping in on this deal. ^_^

So I sent my buddy in there the otherday and he got an N64 with 1 controller and all cables, it had an expansion pack already installed and they started adding in a few small things including a gameboy catritdge adapter all for the price of 23 bux after taxes!

Also concerning Gamestop, they can go blow themselves worst game store EVER! they have a bunch of games that are rewrapped used games in packaging that clearly says on the sticky part on the pack in fine print (this is not OEM, this is a repack) or something like it and I asked the guy why the prices were so high on those games and he goes "oh thats cuz they're all new boss" I just laughed said "yeah right" and walked out of the store and thats just 1 of about 3 incidents that will make me not even willing to take a look in the future, greasy slimeballs!

GameStop is hilarious.

"Do you guys have any PS2?"
"Yeah"
"Uh... is this new?"
*takes out the PS2 all dusty*
"Yeah of course"
"Uh... Ok. Thanks."
*Leave*

I found out they go to places like Toys R Us during sales, buy them, and then return them within 30 days if they don't sell.

[quote name='Firestorm']There might be support if we knew they existed!
And if they weren't located in such a sketchy area >.>;[/quote]

You know that store has been there since SNES games were new, right? In fact they kicked much ass back then (way back when they were Microplay). Maybe 30% of my SNES collection came from there. They were pretty great through the PSX era too, but they started to die off around the PS2 generation.

bread's done
Back