uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
Be Mine 16:

ebda82a2eb.jpg

Are there cowboys in Betrayer?

gilby'd my pre-order... not sure if dammit

For those who don't like adventure games....yowsa....those 2 games in the 4 dollar tier are aight and point perfect could be cool. I could do without the rest....kind of weak.

Betrayer's the only repeat for me, and I might have had to do $4 for the QfI tier, so I'm happy with my pre-order.  For one game I really want and a bunch of +1s, I'll take it.

Damn, and I paid $5 just for Betrayer in the last bundle it was in... and I haven't played it once.

Might throw a dollar in to get an extra copy of Kingdom Rush though. I'm a sucker for TD games and this is one of the better ones on Steam.

Ugh. The loser tier is better. I could have saved myself 1.50

Mystery game better be kick ass.
I think Mystery Game before meant either in another bundle and circumventing an exclusivity contract, or fell through late and have to scramble to find another game. So, repeat or last resort.

Crap. I accidentally redeemed Betrayer to my account, when I already owned it. It redeemed successfully =/

[quote name="MinDRioT" post="12257742" timestamp="1416592436"]Crap. I accidentally redeemed Betrayer to my account, when I already owned it. It redeemed successfully =/[/quote]
So, double the cardz?

Man, what a sh*^% $1 tier. Groupees is like the anti-Humble with this one. They don't usually front-load the $1 tier with garbage and put ALL of the good stuff in the $5 (4) tier. I also thought this might be a BaB like most of the other preorder bundles. I still only want two things in this bundle, but I'm not at all sure that I $4 want them.  :headache:

EDIT: It's even a terrible charity. Pencils of Promise?! 

Wasn't someone earlier saying groupees "mystery games" tend to be repeats or last resorts? I think Gunman Clive fits the bill on both counts.

Wow. Kingdom Rush as a bonus game. I guess I'm in for $1 tier, despite having Betrayer and none interest in the other games.

Does anybody else know what the hell the point of a mystery game is in a bundle with a fixed price? Especially when you already try to build up suspense through pre-orders and shitty doodles? I feel like it'd just lead to more people gilbying your bundle than anything else.

the IRS digging around [...] Jonny and Shifty Slug
Not even the IRS is that desperate.

Does anybody else know what the hell the point of a mystery game is in a bundle with a fixed price? Especially when you already try to build up suspense through pre-orders and shitty doodles? I feel like it'd just lead to more people gilbying your bundle than anything else.
That's why I said it was probably something like that one time when a game was in Blink and couldn't be in Clash of Worlds based on the contract. Or somebody backed out last minute. Doesn't really make sense otherwise.

Maybe they'll find/have found something worthwhile on assumed short notice. But I doubt it.

When Casey was still with Blink, he said that they did that for marketing reasons: when the game was revealed, it had an effect similar to bumping a thread.

When Casey was still with Blink, he said that they did that for marketing reasons: when the game was revealed, it had an effect similar to bumping a thread.
It also quite literally let them go around to some of the more restrictive and rules heavy deal-collecting sites and bump their various threads.

But Groupees does it infrequently enough that I doubt that's their reasoning.  Plus they have the bonus unlocks or whatever that are on every bundle that could function the same way.

They probably just didn't get the keys on time and didn't want to delay the bundle to wait for one game.  This way they can use some other game to cover if the keys never turn up for some reason and they can add the game as soon as they get the keys in.

We're not the only ones who have to deal with irresponsible/bad/lazy devs from time to time, I'll bet.

bread's done
Back