= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
Some reason I feel Karateka should have been better featured in the 5 dollar range....maybe replacing the robot game (not the most amazing tier....even though I personally bought that tier to get that robot game....and Drakensang). This one I can't wait to play though.

Radical Roach desura keys should now be on your profile page if you bought Be Mine 8.. and my god the game is terrible. Doesn't have gamepad support either, so expect to use something like Joy2Key if you want that.

I think Radical Roach is one of the worst game bonuses in a Groupees bundle so far.

[quote name='spoderman']Radical Roach desura keys should now be on your profile page if you bought Be Mine 8.. and my god the game is terrible. Doesn't have gamepad support either, so expect to use something like Joy2Key if you want that.

I think Radical Roach is one of the worst game bonuses in a Groupees bundle so far.[/QUOTE]

It's that bad huh? It looked interesting

[quote name='spoderman']Radical Roach desura keys should now be on your profile page if you bought Be Mine 8.. and my god the game is terrible. Doesn't have gamepad support either, so expect to use something like Joy2Key if you want that.

I think Radical Roach is one of the worst game bonuses in a Groupees bundle so far.[/QUOTE]

YES! Someone in the groupees chat was arguing that my distaste of it was "personal preference", so I'm glad to see someone else has a brain and can see it's terrible:headache:Not sure if I even want to bother redeeming the desura key, or if I should just pass it along to an unfortunate soul in the random drops thread:whistle2:k

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']YES! Someone in the groupees chat was arguing that my distaste of it was "personal preference", so I'm glad to see someone else has a brain and can see it's terrible:headache:Not sure if I even want to bother redeeming the desura key, or if I should just pass it along to an unfortunate soul in the random drops thread:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't think it's a matter of taste.. the game just sucks.

BTW. Bleed got greenlit, so we can expect Steam keys from the Retro bundle in the future (or IGS, if you bought it from there).

Hell yes, Bleed is an awesome game. I just wish to hell I could remap the jump button.

Edit: Also the Dev has stated on community forums they will give keys to purchasers, they just don't know how the process works yet, etc.

[quote name='spoderman']Yeah I don't think it's a matter of taste.. the game just sucks.

BTW. Bleed got greenlit, so we can expect Steam keys from the Retro bundle in the future (or IGS, if you bought it from there).[/QUOTE]

YES! Mentioned this in my request for jshackles to ask about greenlight, and what do you know, it gets through;)

[quote name='Izod517']Hell yes, Bleed is an awesome game. I just wish to hell I could remap the jump button.

Edit: Also the Dev has stated on community forums they will give keys to purchasers, they just don't know how the process works yet, etc.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is pretty much my one and only complaint. Jumping with the trigger just feels weird (I expect it was intended so you could jump while still aiming with the right stick, but the option to change it would be nice). Still, it's probably my favorite game I've gotten from groupees, and I'm excited to have it on steam now (achievements WOOT!):)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Yeah, that is pretty much my one and only complaint. Jumping with the trigger just feels weird (I expect it was intended so you could jump while still aiming with the right stick, but the option to change it would be nice). Still, it's probably my favorite game I've gotten from groupees, and I'm excited to have it on steam now (achievements WOOT!):)[/QUOTE]

Nod! In Giana I had to remap (with their settings tool) the switch mechanic from RT to RB... I have no bleedin clue why they put it on RT... nothing was on RB... it's a binary action that you need to do a lot and with a sense of urgency, better on a crisp button than on a long-pull trigger.

Also using a DS3 controller, I can easily remap any of the buttons for Xinput.

[quote name='asheskitty']Nod! In Giana I had to remap (with their settings tool) the switch mechanic from RT to RB... I have no bleedin clue why they put it on RT... nothing was on RB... it's a binary action that you need to do a lot and with a sense of urgency, better on a crisp button than on a long-pull trigger.

Also using a DS3 controller, I can easily remap any of the buttons for Xinput.[/QUOTE]

speaking of the DS3, I recently uninstalled motionjoy, do to some questionable security concerns, and have been looking for a replacement emulator. Any suggestions? You seem to be the biggest fan around here of the DS3, so I thought you would have the best advice:)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']speaking of the DS3, I recently uninstalled motionjoy, do to some questionable security concerns, and have been looking for a replacement emulator. Any suggestions? You seem to be the biggest fan around here of the DS3, so I thought you would have the best advice:)[/QUOTE]

I've been using this. http://betterds3.ciebiera.net/ It's nicer than MiJ and doesn't require teh internets.
I still have MotionInJoy installed, I just don't run it anymore.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Yeah, that is pretty much my one and only complaint. Jumping with the trigger just feels weird (I expect it was intended so you could jump while still aiming with the right stick, but the option to change it would be nice). Still, it's probably my favorite game I've gotten from groupees, and I'm excited to have it on steam now (achievements WOOT!):)[/QUOTE]

Yes I'm sure it was intended - and it makes sense, I just couldn't get used to it. Also using a DS3 controller is just supporting everything wrong with controllers ever.

[quote name='asheskitty']I've been using this. http://betterds3.ciebiera.net/ It's nicer than MiJ and doesn't require teh internets.
I still have MotionInJoy installed, I just don't run it anymore.[/QUOTE]

awesome, exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for saving me from buying a 360 dongle:D

EDIT: figures as soon as I reinstall DS3 tool I'd run into the issues others were talking about. Got a weird pop up from china, going to do a full scan just to ease my paranoia.

[quote name='asheskitty']Nod! In Giana I had to remap (with their settings tool) the switch mechanic from RT to RB... I have no bleedin clue why they put it on RT... nothing was on RB... it's a binary action that you need to do a lot and with a sense of urgency, better on a crisp button than on a long-pull trigger.

Also using a DS3 controller, I can easily remap any of the buttons for Xinput.[/QUOTE]

I had no problem with it there, personally. I'm guess I'm used to the bottom triggers.

Platform shooters need the jump on the trigger so you can move and aim at the same time. That's why Hell Yeah was so retarded, you couldn't unmap jump from the A button.

Just because it feels weird at first doesn't mean it should be changed. You just have to get used to it. Every platform shooter that knows what it's doing has a trigger for the jump.

Looks like there's now an eighth goal which has been added. We're still creeping towards goal six (Karateka), but there's still plenty of time left in the bundle. So I'm sure they're hit goal six. Hopefully they recognize that the sales have started to slow down and they don't set any unrealistic purchase goals for the final two bonuses.

[quote name='The End']Looks like there's now an eighth goal which has been added. We're still creeping towards goal six (Karateka), but there's still plenty of time left in the bundle. So I'm sure they're hit goal six. Hopefully they recognize that the sales have started to slow down and they don't set any unrealistic purchase goals for the final two bonuses.[/QUOTE]
They probably expect the hidden games to drive sales way up again.

[quote name='The End']Looks like there's now an eighth goal which has been added. We're still creeping towards goal six (Karateka), but there's still plenty of time left in the bundle. So I'm sure they're hit goal six. Hopefully they recognize that the sales have started to slow down and they don't set any unrealistic purchase goals for the final two bonuses.[/QUOTE]

11k in around 3 days.
11 days to go. Any guess as to what the next milestones might be considering its slowing down a bit?.

Think my brother had Blades of Time on the XBOX 360....it looks ok....also didn't have so it's all good...didn't get that random bundle it was in before.

I don't think Blades of Time is going to drive sales up like they wanted it to.. too many people already have it lol. It's a good game, but a poor choice as a mystery game IMO.

[quote name='spoderman']I don't think Blades of Time is going to drive sales up like they wanted it to.. too many people already have it lol. It's a good game, but a poor choice as a mystery game IMO.[/QUOTE]

I have the game, but not the DLC. So I'd call this a good addition.

[quote name='gilby']I have the game, but not the DLC. So I'd call this a good addition.[/QUOTE]

I've played through the LE and can say the DLC isn't worth it.

[quote name='spoderman']I've played through the LE and can say the DLC isn't worth it.[/QUOTE]

While I basically agree with you, I feel that's a bit harsh. I enjoyed the bit of "meanwhile your acquaintances were..." side story.

[quote name='spoderman']I've played through the LE and can say the DLC isn't worth it.[/QUOTE]

But if I don't buy it I know that it will sit there tempting me. Every time it goes on a 75% off sale I'll hem and haw over grabbing it, even though the game itself will probably still be in my backlog.

I don't really understand why you guy's get so obsessed with buying all a games DLC, expecially for a meh game. Personally, I rarely buy any since once I beat a game, I've got several dozen others to work through. Different mindsets I guess. Was hoping the new bonus would have been unlocked by now, but sales have started to taper off it seems. Anyone else notice the be mine bundle is no longer being promoted on the groupees homepage? Might be part of the reason:whistle2:k

[quote name='gilby']But if I don't buy it I know that it will sit there tempting me. Every time it goes on a 75% off sale I'll hem and haw over grabbing it, even though the game itself will probably still be in my backlog.[/QUOTE]

LOL you're reminding me of my internal conversation.

Me: You don't need the Fable III DLC, it's rubbish.
Other Me: But Tony's got an awesome Fable III DLC pack for $3.
Me: Yeah, but it's rubbish. I mean, dog suit, seriously? Besides I'm a cat-person.
Other Me: You'll wonder and regret it when you finally get around to playing Fable III in a year or few.
Me: Aargh!

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Anyone else notice the be mine bundle is no longer being promoted on the groupees homepage? Might be part of the reason:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
It cycles between 4 of the active bundles.

[quote name='asheskitty']LOL you're reminding me of my internal conversation.

Me: You don't need the Fable III DLC, it's rubbish.
Other Me: But Tony's got an awesome Fable III DLC pack for $3.
Me: Yeah, but it's rubbish. I mean, dog suit, seriously? Besides I'm a cat-person.
Other Me: You'll wonder and regret it when you finally get around to playing Fable III in a year or few.
Me: Aargh![/QUOTE]

I think a lot of us are like that, I know that I hold off on a lot of things, come Friday night I start to drink and the next thing you know I'm buying everything I was holding myself from buying.

[quote name='Detruire']It cycles between 4 of the active bundles.[/QUOTE]

well it seems to be on the music bundle 90% of the time I visit. Just thought they might be trying to promote them, since sales haven't been great.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']well it seems to be on the music bundle 90% of the time I visit. Just thought they might be trying to promote them, since sales haven't been great.[/QUOTE]
It has been something like 5:4 (from 9 visits) for me.

Wow i just gave paranautical activity a play. it IS pretty damn difficult. The rooms in the game are pretty small and hard to circle strafe around if there are too many random staircases in it. and you will NEED to circle strafe once you start seeing 2+ bullet spamming demons in there with 4+ mini demons. the mini demons are pretty hard to see when their backs are turned. I tried about 5 different weapons so far. Only the minigun seems useful. The shotgun was pretty strong too, but I was only able to bet the fist boss with the minigun. I uninstalled it after playing for half an hour. its not bad, but it sure isnt on the same level as a game like binding of issac.

Just an update regarding RADical ROACH, the developer has 3 game modes that unlock when you beat the game. Instead they will be unlocked a random times in the game. The first game mode which is essentially endless survival with scores will instead be unlocked at the start. The defense mode will be unlocked half way through the campaign. The final game mode features a vast map and will be unlocked at the conclusion of the campaign. He is also looking into adding Xbox 360 controller support. Thanks for your support.

[quote name='jaydepps']Just an update regarding RADical ROACH, the developer has 3 game modes that unlock when you beat the game. Instead they will be unlocked a random times in the game. The first game mode which is essentially endless survival with scores will instead be unlocked at the start. The defense mode will be unlocked half way through the campaign. The final game mode features a vast map and will be unlocked at the conclusion of the campaign. He is also looking into adding Xbox 360 controller support. Thanks for your support.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if most people will play it long enough to finish the game.. I'm guessing not. It's nice that he's adding 360 controller support though, but TBH gamepad support should've been added from the start, the game doesn't play so great with kb/m.

[quote name='spoderman']I don't think Blades of Time is going to drive sales up like they wanted it to.. too many people already have it lol. It's a good game, but a poor choice as a mystery game IMO.[/QUOTE]

Anyone tried the coop mode? Is it full campaign coop or just horde mode type thing?

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Anyone tried the coop mode? Is it full campaign coop or just horde mode type thing?[/QUOTE]

I don't remember the specifics, but I think it's more like a horde mode. There is no campaign co-op. The multiplayer kinda sucks IMO, but the singleplayer is worth it.

[quote name='jaydepps']Just an update regarding RADical ROACH, the developer has 3 game modes that unlock when you beat the game. Instead they will be unlocked a random times in the game. The first game mode which is essentially endless survival with scores will instead be unlocked at the start. The defense mode will be unlocked half way through the campaign. The final game mode features a vast map and will be unlocked at the conclusion of the campaign. He is also looking into adding Xbox 360 controller support. Thanks for your support.[/QUOTE]

well at least he's trying to improve it, but honestly I doubt I will ever install it again. It just gave me a horrible first impression, and I'd rather just forget about it:cry:

EDIT: replied to the wrong post:dunce: this was in response to the RADical Roach update.

[quote name='JakeNome']Wow i just gave paranautical activity a play. it IS pretty damn difficult. The rooms in the game are pretty small and hard to circle strafe around if there are too many random staircases in it. and you will NEED to circle strafe once you start seeing 2+ bullet spamming demons in there with 4+ mini demons. the mini demons are pretty hard to see when their backs are turned. I tried about 5 different weapons so far. Only the minigun seems useful. The shotgun was pretty strong too, but I was only able to bet the fist boss with the minigun. I uninstalled it after playing for half an hour. its not bad, but it sure isnt on the same level as a game like binding of issac.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']well at least he's trying to improve it, but honestly I doubt I will ever install it again. It just gave me a horrible first impression, and I'd rather just forget about it:cry:[/QUOTE]

u gaise obv not no nethng bout gud gamz paranots activ iz ahsum

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']New goal sucks. Bad music. At least it unlocks quickly and we'll see what the final goal is.[/QUOTE]

u no nuttin bout gud mewsik faux

and the next goal isn't actually the final one, there's a 10th goal planned, so I'm guessing the 9th is music. The 8th is a Desura + Greenlight game, and the 10th is a Steam game that's 6 months old or less.

bread's done
Back