= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm, not a bad little bundle. I grabbed Dead Horde, Iron Grip, Syberia 2, Alien Breed, Dogfighter, and Tiny Bang Story. Even during the summer sale that's a pretty good deal for $4.

My BAB2 keys are showing now (I pre-ordered) and I didn't have to ask for them. I take it everything is live now.

I am almost afraid to say this, but it seems to be a pretty smooth launch for Groupees.

Doh. Forgot to get Syberia 2 in my preorder. Drat.

In a perfect world where indie games actually delivered on potential (I know, may as well wish for world peace and governments run by smart honest people), Will Fight For Food would be my favorite game ever. It already has RPG choice recognition that would put Alpha Protocol to shame.

That said, it can do this by being unserious and short and structuring the game's story in a way that really affords it.

Ah, if only it had beat em up combat to match its potential. the actual combat is terrible. The rest of the game is scarcely better.

Just so you guys know, down at bottom on the build-a-bundle page, there is a small chat window where they're taking requests for games to appear in future bundles. If there's a game that you're looking for, you might wanna go over there and offer it as a suggestion.

According to the site there will be a "Special 24 hr Bundle Bonus Announced [tomorrow] Friday July 20!" and I reckon it'll be a +1 bonus bundle to spur more sales.

[quote name='The End']Just so you guys know, down at bottom on the build-a-bundle page, there is a small chat window where they're taking requests for games to appear in future bundles. If there's a game that you're looking for, you might wanna go over there and offer it as a suggestion.[/QUOTE]
Coconut Queen.

I haven't heard of most of the games in Build a Bundle 2, and the Metacritic scores averaging ~60 aren't very encouraging, either... I'm going to pass on this one.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It is. I mean, I never knew I had a life goal of playing a FPS with gun toting dinos until I found out this game existed and it met that goal quite well. It's the Primal Rage of our time.[/QUOTE]You, sir, are my hero of the day for that comparison. :)
PR's an old favorite of mine.

Does anyone have an extra copy of Dino D-Day for a big-time dinosaur fan to try out? (OK, have) :)

Grabbed Dead Horde, Will Fight For Food and Stroke of Fate (I'm a sucker for adventure games). For $3, even if they aren't that good, still can't hardly beat it.

The new "bonus" is live. You can now buy 1 game for $1. The bonuses seem a bit weak this time around, but maybe the "incentive" game bonus will make up for it.

[quote name='sunghost']The new "bonus" is live. You can now buy 1 game for $1. The bonuses seem a bit weak this time around, but maybe the "incentive" game bonus will make up for it.[/QUOTE]

So is that dead or is it next saturday? I hope I didn't miss it but I probably did...

[quote name='abhinav']So is that dead or is it next saturday? I hope I didn't miss it but I probably did...[/QUOTE]
It is dead, it lasted for 24 hours. Now the minimum is back up to the 3 games for 3 dollars deal.

[quote name='speedwerd']They "incentive" game has been added.
It is Pitman for PC and MAC. They include a DRM Free download on the downloads page along with a Desura Key for the game
http://www.desura.com/games/pitman/[/QUOTE]

Pretty weak bonus IMO. You can get Pitman from the gamedev bundle which has (or had) a 50 cent minimum price.

[quote name='speedwerd']They "incentive" game has been added.
It is Pitman for PC and MAC. They include a DRM Free download on the downloads page along with a Desura Key for the game
http://www.desura.com/games/pitman/[/QUOTE]

Have they handed it out already? Because I don't have Pitman on my account page at all.

*Edit oh duh unlocks at $25k. Thanks The End. I should learn to read the fine print I guess. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Motoki']Have they handed it out already? Because I don't have Pitman on my account page at all.[/QUOTE]

Unlocks at $25,000

[quote name='speedwerd']It is dead, it lasted for 24 hours. Now the minimum is back up to the 3 games for 3 dollars deal.[/QUOTE]

Bleh, I only wanted syberia 2. Oh well.

I'm planning on getting Syberia 2 and Operation Valkyrie. What's everyone think the best remaining game is? Ones with Steam keys only.

[quote name='Ceron']I'm planning on getting Syberia 2 and Operation Valkyrie. What's everyone think the best remaining game is? Ones with Steam keys only.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, seems like you like adventure games and the rest are all very different. First advice, avoid Dino D-Day. Then after that it would depend on what type of game you are more likely to play. Maybe Tiny Bang Story? Or Iron Grip: Warlord if you like Tower Defense. Or Dogfighter if you like flying games?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Hmmm, seems like you like adventure games and the rest are all very different. First advice, avoid Dino D-Day. Then after that it would depend on what type of game you are more likely to play. Maybe Tiny Bang Story? Or Iron Grip: Warlord if you like Tower Defense. Or Dogfighter if you like flying games?[/QUOTE]

Why the Dino D-Day hate? I thought it was good for what it was.

[quote name='warreni']Why the Dino D-Day hate? I thought it was good for what it was.[/QUOTE]

I love Dino D-Day actually, but I know most people don't like it. It's a multiplayer game with a diminished player base and no real story so I figured that would be first off his list, especially since the two games he mentioned are adventure games. But I love it. Had a blast playing as the different dinosaurs and guns.

Posted by Jonny in the Groupies Build-A-Bundle chat a few hours ago.

Ok, so we're adding the following four games as selections for this bundle: The Abbey (PC DRM-Free), Metal Dead (Desura + DRM-Free), Shadows on the Vatican (DRM-Free) and Deadly 30 (Desura + DRM-Free) ... the DRM-Free versions of a few of the games are quite large so this will take some time and be aware that we're waiting on keys for Deadly 30 so that will only be added probably on Saturday

&
to clarify, all games are PC only except Deadly 30 which is PC, MAC + Linux

A couple of people have asked for clarification on how you would add these games to your bundle if you already bought the bundle. But so far there hasn't been any reply.

[quote name='The End']Posted by Jonny in the Groupies Build-A-Bundle chat a few hours ago.

&

A couple of people have asked for clarification on how you would add these games to your bundle if you already bought the bundle. But so far there hasn't been any reply.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hope they figure out a way so that previous purchasers can add those games to their current bundle (while retaining discounts depending on how many games you bought).. if they don't, I can't see this ending well.

Ugh seriously? Are those DRM free ones not on Desura at all? I guess I shouldn't complain about free stuff but I really need a client or they will just go into a black hole and never be remembered again.

Also, would it really hurt them to put "Steam" or "Desura" next to the keys on your downloads page? I'm going through now trying to figure out which Groupees stuff are Desura and if I've activated them or not but I'm having a hard time figuring out which is which without individually checking each game to see if it is on Steam or not.

Actually, as I understand it, these new additions aren't free. They will be added as new options of games to buy when building your bundle. Obviously this raises questions about how people who have already built a bundle will be able to add these games to their bundle. As yet, there has been no word from Groupies as to how it will be handled.

[quote name='The End']Actually, as I understand it, these new additions aren't free. They will be added as new options of games to buy when building your bundle. Obviously this raises questions about how people who have already built a bundle will be able to add these games to their bundle. As yet, there has been no word from Groupies as to how it will be handled.[/QUOTE]

Jonny just confirmed that you have to buy a new bundle to get the new games:

[quote name='Michael']to get the new games - we have to purchase a new bundle right?[/quote]

[quote name='Jonny']
@Michael, yes, but we're going to lower the minimum games to 2
clear.cache.gif

and we'll do another 24 hr special with the min is 1 game[/quote]I don't think this is a good idea, and this is the first time I've seen this happen in any sort of indie bundle.

Well that's confusing. Not quite Indie Gala Happy Hour confusing but not as straightforward as I would expect from games being added to a bundle.

I feel like they should either do bonuses or else save additional games for new bundles. This sort of thing I can only see serving to push people to buy their bundles at the last minute instead of right away.

I mean, if you bought in the beginning and then want one or two of these new games it's more expensive than if you just bought them all at one time, right?

Sales on this bundle seem to have really stagnated for quite some time as it's been almost to the $25k goal what seems like forever now.

Also Joe Cappucino said:

Metal Dead, Shadows on The Vatican, The Abbey, Deadly 30...

We'll be adding the first two in about 2 hrs

The Abbey and Deadly 30 will be added tomorrow

That was about 2 hours ago and unsurprisingly none of the new games are up yet.

They are supposed to be reducing the minimum # of games to 2 instead of three and doing another limited time special where you can just grab one if you want.

It still seems like it screws over the people who bought early because it would be cheaper to bundle them all at once as you get a bigger discount when you get more games than just going back and buying a second bundle. I guess we'll have to see how they handle it but that sounds like how it is going to be.

[quote name='Motoki']Sales on this bundle seem to have really stagnated for quite some time as it's been almost to the $25k goal what seems like forever now.

Also Joe Cappucino said:

That was about 2 hours ago and unsurprisingly none of the new games are up yet.

They are supposed to be reducing the minimum # of games to 2 instead of three and doing another limited time special where you can just grab one if you want.

It still seems like it screws over the people who bought early because it would be cheaper to bundle them all at once as you get a bigger discount when you get more games than just going back and buying a second bundle. I guess we'll have to see how they handle it but that sounds like how it is going to be.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it may end up being more expensive for anyone that bought it early, depends on how they work the prices. I'll wait until tomorrow to "build" another bundle.. no point in buying 2 games now when I could get the 3 I want tomorrow.

I guess it's not surprising that groupees is using these tactics to get more sales, but I think it's going to end up backfiring on them in the long run.

Shadows on the Vatican Act I (DRM free, no Steam, no Desura) and Metal Dead (DRM free, no Steam, does give a Desura key) are live.

When I tried to add them (without actually buying) they are coming up $1 each for me so it does appear that prior purchasers get no additional discount and in fact it would have been more of a savings to wait until the end to get all the games you wanted at once. Of course we didn't know at the time they would be adding additional games.

[quote name='speedwerd']Yeah I hate that also, I just ignore the whole "Pay What You Want" crap now.
You could just throw down 4 dollars, get the Avernum games and then try to trade the other games/steam codes for other games. Just a suggestion. Groupees always gives you individual steam/desura keys for the games.[/QUOTE]

Where is the best opportunity to trade games / codes?

All new games have now been added to the bundle. I think I'm going to wait until the last day to buy the new games in case they add even MORE games to the bundle lol.

EDIT: Seems like Jonny claimed that there won't be any more games added.. but who knows for sure? ;)

[quote name='sunghost']All new games have now been added to the bundle. I think I'm going to wait until the last day to buy the new games in case they add even MORE games to the bundle lol.

EDIT: Seems like Jonny claimed that there won't be any more games added.. but who knows for sure? ;)[/QUOTE]

This sounds like the best plan. I only paid.50 cents a game so I don't mind picking the new ones up. Had been looking to buy Deadly 30 anyways for 2-3 bucks.

[quote name='Motoki']When I tried to add them (without actually buying) they are coming up $1 each for me so it does appear that prior purchasers get no additional discount and in fact it would have been more of a savings to wait until the end to get all the games you wanted at once. Of course we didn't know at the time they would be adding additional games.[/QUOTE]
Ya, thats what I said earlier :cry: (but I think in the Steam thread :lol:)

Is the discount live for new users? I tried buying it as a gift and it still gave me no discount. Was looking for a workaround. Wonder if any new purchasers could confirm?

First three are $3. 4th one cam up as .60 cents.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Is the discount live for new users? I tried buying it as a gift and it still gave me no discount. Was looking for a workaround. Wonder if any new purchasers could confirm?

First three are $3. 4th one cam up as .60 cents.[/QUOTE]

I don't think there's supposed to be any special discount. All Jonny said was that you can buy the bundle now with a minimum of 2 games (which you can do now). The discount doesn't seem to start until you get 4+ games, but I guess it's supposed to be like that. I was confused at first as well.

[quote name='sunghost']I don't think there's supposed to be any special discount. All Jonny said was that you can buy the bundle now with a minimum of 2 games (which you can do now). The discount doesn't seem to start until you get 4+ games, but I guess it's supposed to be like that. I was confused at first as well.[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok. So if I were to get all the extra games now, my total would be 9.60. If I had waited to buy the entire pack now, it is 10.4.

So I guess pre-ordering did save me $1.20.

Hmm, Shadows on the Vatican and Deadly 30 are apparently both on Desura. Is it absolutely confirmed that we don't get Desura keys for these with BAB2?

bread's done
Back