= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to decide what to get. Was watching the EYRI's youtube and almost pissed myself laughing where she jumps into the hidden block and dies in the chasm. too funny. then it started to get a whole lot less funny and i'm not going to endure that sorry.

Well, I finally bought in. Glad they did this bundle, I remember I actually suggesting they do a Greenlight bundle during their last bundle (I'm sure I'm not the only one who did).

Very nice bonuses on this one, and while I will probably never listen to the music, the extra games + betas are definetly a nice touch. And who doesn't think Akaneiro looks gorgeous? Looking forward to that.

I'm really glad they extended this, as I fell of the internet for a while there. Managed to slide in just under the wire. Thanks for all your updates in this thread, Motoki. This is a prime example of what makes our little Steam community so terrific.

[quote name='Motoki'] Bonus is Leisure Suit Larry which I think is pretty damned awesome and almost certainly will get Greenlit.

Looks like it's Fester Mudd plus the OLD Leisure Suit Larry. Damn I wanted the new one. Still not a bad deal free is free.

Jonny said they would extend the time the bundle runs if need be.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Motoki']Yeah I meant the new new kickstarter one. It's on Greenlight so maybe it will be in a future Greenlight bundle.[/QUOTE]

This IS the "new" (old) Larry game from Kickstarter. The kickstarter was for a remake of the first Larry game, so call it new or old, both are applicable. Partly why the kickstarter didn't interest me much, also I didn't like them insinuating that I pirate all my games in their sales pitch. But for free, I'm very happy :)

[quote name='mitch079']I think the To Newtown With Love thing is pretty cool and already donated. Tons of music in there.[/QUOTE]

Yap, I was amazed at the amount of music(and good music) that it is on that bundle. Will buy that in a few days.

[quote name='TestType']This IS the "new" (old) Larry game from Kickstarter. The kickstarter was for a remake of the first Larry game, so call it new or old, both are applicable. Partly why the kickstarter didn't interest me much, also I didn't like them insinuating that I pirate all my games in their sales pitch. But for free, I'm very happy :)[/QUOTE]

It actually isn't. I was pissed at first because I thought it was, but the version offered here is the VGA remake which was released in the 90's:
[quote name='Wikipedia']Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards (1987), remade in 1991 (VGA version) and being remade again for a 2012 release[/QUOTE]

The Kickstarter one is the new, reloaded version, and isn't the one being offered here. Get the facts straight. =P

[quote name='Severose']It actually isn't. I was pissed at first because I thought it was, but the version offered here is the VGA remake which was released in the 90's:

The Kickstarter one is the new, reloaded version, and isn't the one being offered here. Get the facts straight. =P[/QUOTE]I just double checked and you're right... I thought I had double checked before. Sorry about the confusion.

[quote name='TestType']I just double checked and you're right... I thought I had double checked before. Sorry about the confusion.[/QUOTE]

Nah, it's no problem. I was just as confused and was gonna be super pissed if I backed something on Kickstarter that was essentially going to be given away for free in the future. If that were to be the case, I'd probably send a rage email to the devs asking for my money back.

In the end, though, I guess that if I were to be offered a digital copy of a game as a backer, then I would automatically assume that it wouldn't be free upon release. So I guess I'd have no reason in the end to be mad, since AFAIK they didn't promise that we'd be getting something that wouldn't be free upon release.

Yeah, two emails came, both the same, except one says (Corrected) in the subject. I tried signing in with the set password they provided in the first one (second email lists the password as "Password you linked to your account" or something), didn't work, so I tried making an account, and it didn't work, and I can't sign into the account I tried to make. So I try to make another account, and it says the email is already registered.

Well, never mind that nonsense.

EDIT: Support contacted me pretty quick. Sounds like they're having some issues, since I basically got an invite, and a "corrected" invite. Told me to expect a THIRD invite with the correct info.

Alrighty then...

I only read the "corrected" email, so I tried creating an account. It kept giving me a captcha error. So, what the hell, I decided to try a password reset. That worked: it sent a reset password link to my email, and I was able to log in using the new password.

I think they may have created accounts for everyone using the email addresses they got from Groupees. So if you can't log in, try the password reset.

[quote name='Severose']Nah, it's no problem. I was just as confused and was gonna be super pissed if I backed something on Kickstarter that was essentially going to be given away for free in the future. If that were to be the case, I'd probably send a rage email to the devs asking for my money back.

In the end, though, I guess that if I were to be offered a digital copy of a game as a backer, then I would automatically assume that it wouldn't be free upon release. So I guess I'd have no reason in the end to be mad, since AFAIK they didn't promise that we'd be getting something that wouldn't be free upon release.[/QUOTE]

Well you could always complain about to Tony...Whoops wrong thread. ;)

Seriously though, it has happened before with other kickstarter games and will probably happen again. The thing is, I think people should be backing Kickstarters because they want to support a game and to a lesser extent maybe to game extras. Kickstarters aren't deals. You know those games are going to be in some bundle or some good sale for way less after (or in some cases even before) release.

My own person opinion is that the people who do Kickstarters are doing it wrong. I think the $10, $15, $20 admission prices are way too steep for cheapasses who know this shit is going to my 32 cents if you break down the per game price in some bundle later on anyway.

What I think they should do is have a $5 level which is just basically the digital game (Steam if it gets approved) then still have the $10, $15 etc levels but shift that over to more exclusive extra in game stuff, extra copies of the game to give away to friends, soundtracks etc etc.

People love useless digital crap, especially if you limit it and make it exclusive for them. TF2 made an industry out of fake hats. If you put some stupid kickstarter exclusive digital hats in the $10 and $15 level plenty of people will still buy it and then the cheapasses can buy just the game too and be happy.

There's a lot of kickstarters I would have gotten in on at the $5 level. For $5 if something ends up in a bundle later to me seems not that big of a deal. For $10/$15/$20 it does.

I think they just haven't grabbed on to the concept that like with mobile games, sometimes less is more when it comes to pricing if you want to get a whole mass of people on board.

/kickstarter rant

[quote name='Idiotekque']Yeah, two emails came, both the same, except one says (Corrected) in the subject. I tried signing in with the set password they provided in the first one (second email lists the password as "Password you linked to your account" or something), didn't work, so I tried making an account, and it didn't work, and I can't sign into the account I tried to make. So I try to make another account, and it says the email is already registered.

Well, never mind that nonsense.

EDIT: Support contacted me pretty quick. Sounds like they're having some issues, since I basically got an invite, and a "corrected" invite. Told me to expect a THIRD invite with the correct info.

Alrighty then...[/QUOTE]

The one from the second email worked for me and I got into though I didn't get a chance to try it extensively.

Keep in mind it is a browser based game as in you play it in your browser. Not sure if it will be the same on final release and if it gets Greenlighted to Steam but for now at least that is what it is.

[quote name='Motoki']Well you could always complain about to Tony...Whoops wrong thread. ;)

Seriously though, it has happened before with other kickstarter games and will probably happen again. The thing is, I think people should be backing Kickstarters because they want to support a game and to a lesser extent maybe to game extras. Kickstarters aren't deals. You know those games are going to be in some bundle or some good sale for way less after (or in some cases even before) release.

My own person opinion is that the people who do Kickstarters are doing it wrong. I think the $10, $15, $20 admission prices are way too steep for cheapasses who know this shit is going to my 32 cents if you break down the per game price in some bundle later on anyway.

What I think they should do is have a $5 level which is just basically the digital game (Steam if it gets approved) then still have the $10, $15 etc levels but shift that over to more exclusive extra in game stuff, extra copies of the game to give away to friends, soundtracks etc etc.

People love useless digital crap, especially if you limit it and make it exclusive for them. TF2 made an industry out of fake hats. If you put some stupid kickstarter exclusive digital hats in the $10 and $15 level plenty of people will still buy it and then the cheapasses can buy just the game too and be happy.

There's a lot of kickstarters I would have gotten in on at the $5 level. For $5 if something ends up in a bundle later to me seems not that big of a deal. For $10/$15/$20 it does.

I think they just haven't grabbed on to the concept that like with mobile games, sometimes less is more when it comes to pricing if you want to get a whole mass of people on board.

/kickstarter rant[/QUOTE]

With Kickstarters I don't expect a discount of any kind, I think of it more as "I'm pre-ordering this super early so I can support the devs and the game being made". In that respect, I kinda assume that I'm paying retail for the game so that the devs can use the money now to get the game finished. I'm all for free-to-play games, but I just wouldn't support such a game on a Kickstarter. I don't go into it thinking that I'm getting some sort of a deal on the game. If I'm going into it like that, I'm setting myself up for failure.

I'm pretty sure many would feel the same way in saying that we're not getting a deal on the game, we're paying retail upfront so the game can be made, but maybe I'm wrong. In my eyes, I wasn't really complaining about it since it hadn't happened. I was simply describing my reaction to the situation if it had happened that way.

I consider myself a subjective cheapass. I'll pay good money for a game to support devs if I really like the game (sometimes even pre-ordering a game). Some people may view this as wasting money, but I look at it as me helping a dev out that produced something that, as a gamer, I'm excited to play (some titles excluded i.e. Indie games, with a few other exceptions like my pre-order of Stronghold 3).

In such a case, my inner cheapass gets set aside, and I'm solely in it to support the dev, thus showing my appreciation for said game. The same goes for Kickstarter. If I see a game on Kickstarter that looks great, and I see a reasonably priced tier that includes a digital copy of the game, I'll back it solely on the fact that it looks great, I have the money, and I'm getting a copy of the game (seemingly not free on release) per the reasonably priced tier.

Sure, I'm a cheapass when it comes to Steam games, but that's a different story entirely. On that note, if I were to pay $15 for a remake of a game like LSL, or any game that looks good to me, I'll be glad to support them with $15 if they give me a copy of the game upon release. My only requirement is that the game not be something that's free-to-play upon release. Any reasonable amount of time after its release (I'd probably say 2 months minimum), if it ended up in an indie bundle, free-to-play, or the like, I wouldn't really care. The reason for this is, like I said, my cheapass is set aside for the game. I supported a good game, which is really all I was in it for. If I don't play it before it ends up in an indie bundle, free, given away like shitcakes, or free-to-play, I won't have any regrets based on the fact that I liked it enough to support it, and did just that.

[quote name='Motoki']Akaneiro: Demon Hunters beta extras are up as a direct download.

The package you download includes artwork and videos plus a brief summary of the game. One of the documents in the package states that everyone who bought one of these Groupees bundles will be emailed at the end of it with information on how to get into the game's beta.

There will be no keys because it will be a F2P game upon full release.[/QUOTE]

It looks like Akaneiro's going to be a paid game upon release now:

http://www.gamesta.com/akaneiro-demon-hunters-will-switch-free-to-play-to-paid-model/

Just got my email for the beta with a login and pass. The beta runs straight on the webpage through a unity plugin, no download required.

[quote name='Showstoppa42']It looks like Akaneiro's going to be a paid game upon release now:

http://www.gamesta.com/akaneiro-demon-hunters-will-switch-free-to-play-to-paid-model/

Just got my email for the beta with a login and pass. The beta runs straight on the webpage through a unity plugin, no download required.[/QUOTE]

Well crap then that means with this Groupees deal we'll most likely get just the beta and not the final thing.

OTOH I really dislike F2P so I guess hooray for one less F2P one, especially one that seems interesting, though I haven't had the chance to play it much yet.

Apparently, American McGee is involved in this game too.

[quote name='Showstoppa42']It looks like Akaneiro's going to be a paid game upon release now:

http://www.gamesta.com/akaneiro-demon-hunters-will-switch-free-to-play-to-paid-model/[/QUOTE]
I don't think that newspost is accurate. It's a dated post (12/26/12), based on even older forum posts (11/23/12).

They launched a Kickstarter on 1/3/13, and that still mentions the title as being F2P:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spicyhorse/akaneiro-demon-hunters

Of course the kickstarter also mentions that both the dedicated PC client & web version will enter open beta in January 2013. So our closed beta access is likely only good (or at least necessary) for a few weeks, if that.

Sucks to relise bundle like these are missed during sales > .< just saw
La-Mulana deal though found groupees Sale is over :cry:

Alpha of Dementium, 1$ for Velvet Assassin (again, but I've missed it so I'm gonna grab it) and Cargo.
4$ for Stronghold and Kung FU.

I GUESS.

+two worlds 2 bonus

Where are you getting the pricing and Two Worlds II from? I don't see any of that.

Very interested in Dementium 2 though. I have those on the DS, and they're really well done. Pretty creepy, nicely put together as you transition through the real world and the... psychotic scary one.

[quote name='idiotekque']where are you getting the pricing and two worlds ii from? I don't see any of that.[/quote]

Quoting him: "I GUESS." ;)

Yeah I turned around and voted on J.U.L.I.A. once I saw it was a Greenlight title. Not my kinda game but if voting results in me getting a Steam key to gift then all is well.

DRM free stuff doesn't thrill me but I might go in for the King's Bounty. I'll see.

Then again if Tony ever gets the mythical 1C pack on Amazon that would hopefully be in there.

Anyway, I've heard that new King's Bounty is pretty much more of the same old same old. Kind of thinking I'll pass on this one and I think I've actually gotten every Groupees bundle until this point.

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']So how does LUCIA play? The trailer was just one long cutscene.[/QUOTE]

When JULIA and Lucius combine... you get LUCIA! The ultimate space ship horror adventure.

"Christine in space!" - Stephen King

[quote name='Relysis']Also worth noting that J.U.L.I.A. has been on greenlight for a while. Hopefully this will be some good exposure for it[/QUOTE]

if i bought J.U.L.I.A. now, i'm assuming we'd have to pay again to get the Steam version after if and when it is Greenlit right?

I want WonT, but I know it's gonna be in a Gala bundle with 7 or so other games for $1.50ish, and I need to beat The Legend (almost have), Armored Princess, and Crossworlds before I play WotN anyways. I have literally zero interest in Lucius and the other games (and apparently Vivisector was free before).

This is a very, very rare occasion that I don't buy a Groupees bundle. Unless a very good bonus comes around... not interested.

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']JULIA was published by Lace Mamba, and they seem to be another name for KISS. So keep that in mind when buying this.[/QUOTE]

There's discussion about this in the Groupee's chat. Groupees seems to be saying KISS and Lace Mamba are different distributors.

[quote name='Woodlands']There's discussion about this in the Groupee's chat. Groupees seems to be saying KISS and Lace Mamba are different distributors.[/QUOTE]

More info, if anyone's interested:

2posi68.jpg

bread's done
Back