= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The End']I had never even heard of Starseed Pilgrim before this post. Maybe I'm the only person in this position. But at the very least, I think we can all agree that this isn't the highest profile indie game out there.

I know Jonny has a penchant for over hyping bonuses. But I can't believe that even he'd hype the 10th bonus as something that would get people really excited if it's something that's semi-obscure.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I've heard Starseed Pilgrim mentioned quite a few times before, it's not that obscure. Jonny never claimed it to be something that's incredibly popular though. Jonny overhypes pretty much everything. If Blood Bowl is surprising, so is Starseed ;)

[quote name='The End']I had never even heard of Starseed Pilgrim before this post. Maybe I'm the only person in this position. But at the very least, I think we can all agree that this isn't the highest profile indie game out there.[/QUOTE]
I've only heard about it because I stumbled across the Steam store page for some reason. Either because it was on the front page, or because I was looking at >=70 metacritic score indie games released in the last six months. That I can't remember which shows how little interest I have in the game.

[quote name='spoderman']So.. my new guess is Starseed Pilgrim (haven't seen anyone else guess it yet..). There's an "r" in the title, the circles in the drawing could be seeds, and you're trying to get away from the spread of darkness in the game, so there's "light".[/QUOTE]

I really want to play it, but it has an 86 metacritic. As someone else pointed out, wouldn't it grow more hype to say it was over 80 instead of 70 like they said? Otherwise it makes sense, and I wouldn't be disappointed with it:)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I really want to play it, but it has an 86 metacritic. As someone else pointed out, wouldn't it grow more hype to say it was over 80 instead of 70 like they said? Otherwise it makes sense, and I wouldn't be disappointed with it:)[/QUOTE]

Yeah it'd make more sense to say it's over 80, but that narrows down the list of games a lot more. I don't think Jonny wants to make this easy to guess, since he's not allowed to announce the game.

Stealth Bastard Deluxe is one game that fits a hint (if it was meant to be a hint) that none of the other games match. The "R" in Jonny's artwork is slanted, and Stealth Bastard Deluxe is developed by CURVE.. (Curved "R"). Circles could be the goggles, and light is an important gameplay element you're trying to avoid.

Anyway, there should be another hint today.. hopefully it'll be a good one. That curved R hint seems like a dead giveaway to me for Sealth Bastard though. I think I'm going to stick with that as my guess.. seems to be the most likely possibility.

Stealth Bastard seems like a likely candidate. There is a fair amount of hype with that title, so I guess it comes close to justifying the build up that Jonny has given it. It's also been released within the past six months (or at least, it's 6 moths if we go by the steam release date. It's probably longer if we look to a pre-greelit release). As you said, the "Light" clue seems appropriate too due to the game play mechanics. And those two circles in the drawing certainly look like the goggles on the main character. So Stealth Bastard definitely seems like the new leader amongst guesses.

At this point though, I'm just getting tired of guessing. I'm just gonna sit back and wait for them to tell us what it is. In the meantime, I'm setting my expectations to "incredibly low" and I'll just hope that the game somehow manages to surpass those expectations.

[quote name='spoderman']Released within 6 months ago, not check ;)[/QUOTE]

Hmm guess I missed that one, did they say that in chat?

[quote name='The End']Stealth Bastard seems like a likely candidate. There is a fair amount of hype with that title, so I guess it comes close to justifying the build up that Jonny has given it. It's also been released within the past six months (or at least, that's the steam release date. It's probably longer if we look to a pre-greelit release). As you said, the "Light" clue seems appropriate too due to the game play mechanics. And those two circles in the drawing certainly look like the goggles on the main character. So Stealth Bastard definitely seems like the new leader amongst guesses.

At this point though, I'm just getting tired of guessing. I'm just gonna sit back and wait for them to tell us what it is. In the meantime, I'm setting my expectations to "incredibly low" and I'll just hope that the game somehow manages to surpass those expectations.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm really confident that it's Stealth Bastard Deluxe (as you can see from my previous post ;)). The circles and light could fit most other games, but the slanted "R" is a huuuuuuuge giveaway for the developer "CURVE". Whenever Jonny rotates drawings in his hints, it's usually for a good reason. For example, look at the "ole" hint here:

http://groupees.com/uploads/bundles/223/landing_background/background.jpg

Notice how he rotated it? It's supposed to look like a sombrero, because one of the characters in Slam Bolt Scrappers wears a sombrero lmao.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure if it's Stealth Bastard Deluxe, they'll be able to reveal the game after the GetLoadedGo sale is over.

[quote name='zenii']Hmm guess I missed that one, did they say that in chat?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's an older hint that was only stated in the chat.

http://i.imgur.com/LMclucd.png

So, given that this is a bonus, and not a game being added to the bundle, we can expect that it will be given out with every purchase regardless of how much a person paid for their bundle, right? Has there been any word to the contrary over in chat?

[quote name='The End']So, given that this is a bonus, and not a game being added to the bundle, we can expect that it will be given out with every purchase regardless of how much a person paid for their bundle, right? Has there been any word to the contrary over in chat?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's a bonus, you'll get it for buying the bundle no matter what price you pay. I think the only reason they did it like this is because the dev didn't let them reveal the game.. probably due to the GetLoadedGo sale ;)

I wonder how much they'll be making from the GetLoadedGo sale anyway, can't imagine that site is very popular..

If it's Stealth Bastard, which you've made a compelling case for...

I'm actually pretty satisfied.

I've wanted to play that for a very long time (or at least it seems like it, but I suppose it's been less than 6 months), but it's never gone below 50% off.

[quote name='eldredpe']if it's stealth bastard, which you've made a compelling case for...

I'm actually pretty satisfied.

I've wanted to play that for a very long time (or at least it seems like it, but i suppose it's been less than 6 months), but it's never gone below 50% off.[/quote]

+1

I need more Stealth Bastard in my furtive and fatherless life. I'd be pretty impressed if that's what it is; it's been on my wishlist since before the Steam release.

I was looking at all the clues alone, without any help from anyone, and Reus is one game that really fits all the clue so far. But it just got released so that would be really crazy.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I was looking at all the clues alone, without any help from anyone, and Reus is one game that really fits all the clue so far. But it just got released so that would be really crazy.[/QUOTE]

By no help from anyone, he means another red and blue webslinger told him ;)

Really though, the dev would have to be amazingly stupid to bundle their game so quickly, and as a "bonus" game, no less.

If I were the dev and had to bundle my game, I would've tried to do some sort of Humble "Reus" Debut bundle, and make the Steam keys cost $5, like the Botanicula guys did. At least you make some money that way..

I think the bonus game being Reus is highly unlikely at this point. The game basically released when Be Mine 8 went live..

Also the hints being referred to are "4" being the 4 giants in Reus (or the 4 letters in title), and "Will" referring to this: "In Reus, you control powerful giants that help you shape the planet to your will."

I'm pretty sure the game isn't Reus though, dev can't be that stupid.

[quote name='spoderman']If I were the dev, I would've tried to do some sort of Humble "Reus" Debut bundle, and make the Steam keys cost $5, like the Botanicula guys did. At least you make some money that way.[/QUOTE]

I hated that bundle, $5 for a steam key... it's the only HIB I paid less than $1 for, and I've been buying them since HIB #1.

[quote name='spoderman']By no help from anyone, he means another red and blue webslinger told him ;)

Really though, the dev would have to be amazingly stupid to bundle their game so quickly, and as a "bonus" game, no less.

If I were the dev, I would've tried to do some sort of Humble "Reus" Debut bundle, and make the Steam keys cost $5, like the Botanicula guys did. At least you make some money that way..

I think the bonus game being Reus is highly unlikely at this point. The game basically released when Be Mine 8 went live..

Also the hints being referred to are "4" being the 4 giants in Reus (or the 4 letters in title), and "Will" referring to this: "In Reus, you control powerful giants that help you shape the planet to your will."[/QUOTE]

I've never met this creature before and for the record, he doesn't even have a mouth so how could he tell me anything! Case closed.

images

[quote name='spoderman']By no help from anyone, he means another red and blue webslinger told him ;)

If I were the dev, I would've tried to do some sort of Humble "Reus" Debut bundle, and make the Steam keys cost $5, like the Botanicula guys did. At least you make some money that way..

Also the hints being referred to are "4" being the 4 giants in Reus (or the 4 letters in title), and "Will" referring to this: "In Reus, you control powerful giants that help you shape the planet to your will."

I'm pretty sure the game isn't Reus though, dev can't be that stupid.[/QUOTE]
indie devs r preti stuped spoder

[quote name='asheskitty']I hated that bundle, $5 for a steam key... it's the only HIB I paid less than $1 for, and I've been buying them since HIB #1.[/QUOTE]

lol I know what you mean, I think I paid a cent for that bundle just to get a DRM-free copy of Botanicula. They'd make far more money from doing that than they would from Groupees though, and I doubt Humble Bundle would just let a brand new game slip by.

Not saying I would do that as my first option, obviously I would wait a while to build up some decent profit from Steam sales before bundling my game, but if I had no other option and had to bundle it quickly, I'd go with a Humble debut.

My second choice would be to make it a featured game in a bundle. No way in hell would I allow it to be a "bonus" lol.

If any-old swagless indie developer could get Humble to conduct a debut bundle for their game just by asking... there would be a lot of people asking. Also RollingSkull is bitter.

It seems like most dev teams would be offering their daughters' virginity (not anal though, that's sacred) for that kind of exposure and cash influx.

[quote name='spoderman']By no help from anyone, he means another red and blue webslinger told him ;)[/QUOTE]

Do spoders even spin webs?

It'll be something that only barely associates with the clues. "4... uh... a lot of people have 4 core processors. Light... er... you should play in a well lit room."

Sherlock bundle is up, starts tomorrow (in about 7 hours).

https://groupees.com/sherlock

Video says there's 7 games, but only 6 were mentioned so far:

Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet
Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened Remastered Edition
Sherlock Holmes Nemesis
Sherlock Holmes and The Hound of the Baskervilles
Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Silver Earring
Dracula: Origin

[quote name='spoderman']Sherlock bundle is up, starts tomorrow (in about 7 hours).

https://groupees.com/sherlock

Sherlock Holmes Nemesis
Dracula: Origin[/QUOTE]

Do I want them all? Any specific recommendations? Already have Dracula: Origin.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Elementary?[/QUOTE]

No, Sherlock. Elementary is a horrible attempt to cash in on its popularity. They approached the makers of Sherlock to get the rights to do a US remake, who didn't want them to do it until the series had ended, so they were like "Yeah, well... we're gonna go make our own Sherlock! With blackjack! And hookers! In fact, forget the Sherlock!"

And then they changed things just so they'd be 'different'. "Look, our show is entirely original! Our Watson is female! And we randomly have Sherlock's dad in a role that totally wasn't planned to be Mycroft!"

Most of the Sherlock Holmes games are solid. Hounds is a hidden item game though... not my kind of game. The others are point and click adventure and aren't Walking Dead amazing but are still pretty fun.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Do I want them all? Any specific recommendations? Already have Dracula: Origin.[/QUOTE]

Well, I've played around with The Awakened several times and only gotten to about the second or third chapter. These are fairly old-school adventure games with some investigation elements and can involve a lot of trial-and-error. The story is interesting but the gameplay can be frustrating. That's been my experience with The Awakened. (Bear in mind that I'm not really an expert adventure gamer, though.) Most of the other games are supposed to be similar and got pretty decent reviews. The only exception is Hound of the Baskervilles which didn't get great reviews and is apparently mostly a hidden object game with a really outlandish story that has only a marginal connection to the original.

This is a BAB according to the chat, if no one mentioned that here.

[quote name='spoderman']

Sherlock Holmes Nemesis
Dracula: Origin[/QUOTE]

I would bet you can add either Mystery of the Mummy or vs Jack the Ripper to that list. I doubt Testament will be included unless there are two tiers, but the BABs don't usually work that way.

[quote name='warreni']Well, I've played around with The Awakened several times and only gotten to about the second or third chapter. These are fairly old-school adventure games with some investigation elements and can involve a lot of trial-and-error. The story is interesting but the gameplay can be frustrating. That's been my experience with The Awakened. (Bear in mind that I'm not really an expert adventure gamer, though.) Most of the other games are supposed to be similar and got pretty decent reviews. The only exception is Hound of the Baskervilles which didn't get great reviews and is apparently mostly a hidden object game with a really outlandish story that has only a marginal connection to the original.

This is a BAB according to the chat, if no one mentioned that here.

I would bet you can add either Mystery of the Mummy or vs Jack the Ripper to that list. I doubt Testament will be included unless there are two tiers, but the BABs don't usually work that way.[/QUOTE]

Testament isn't in the bundle due to it being published by Focus Home. Confirmed by an admin.

bread's done
Back