= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I'm a hoarder when I already own these from earlier cheap sales (though not quite $1 for the whole bunch cheap) at Shiny Loot.

I also kind of wonder if the games get in through Greenlight will people get keys and if so where will they get distributed through? Groupees? Shiny Loot? Desura? I bet no one bothers to think of the logistics involved in that until after a game gets released, the developer gets clueless, the public gets mad and Groupees give a generic 'We're waiting on keys' half baked reply via support email.

Oh and apparently Captain Morgane (already released on Steam a little bit ago) is a spin off of So Blonde.

That's what I get for paying $1 for Fortix 2 during the winter sales.  It's the only game I ever got a foil for.

Crud.  I spent my $1 credit at Shiny Loot on So Blonde.

edit: And I'm quite happy I've held out on Gravedigger and Mark Leung so far.

Not bad. Pretty sure I paid more than that for Mark Leung (currently unplayed). Already have Fortix 2, probably from another bundle, but I've been eyeing So Blonde.
carlmundo give me the thingy mjob carlmuuuuuuuuuuuundoooooooooooooo give me key for comp of the publsiher of fortix and ignite~!!! oh yea!

I also kind of wonder if the games get in through Greenlight will people get keys and if so where will they get distributed through? Groupees? Shiny Loot? Desura? I bet no one bothers to think of the logistics involved in that until after a game gets released, the developer gets clueless, the public gets mad and Groupees give a generic 'We're waiting on keys' half baked reply via support email.
I really think we need to organize a couple high profile lynchings of greenlit indie dev refuseniks... to set and example for the rest of the indie devs.

Have we mentioned that a new Shinyloot bundle begins later today?

$1 includes

Fortix 2 - steam

Grave Digger - greenlight

will fight for food - greenlight

soul caster 1 & 2

Mark Leung - reveng of the Bitch

mosby's confederacy - steam

So Blonde
Grave Digger looks mildly entertaining. Will Fight for Food looks... weird. Mooby's looks alright. I'm guessing the other games activate on Shiny Loot? If so, I'll probably pass on this one.

Have we mentioned that a new Shinyloot bundle begins later today?

$1 includes

Fortix 2 - steam

Grave Digger - greenlight

will fight for food - greenlight

soul caster 1 & 2

Mark Leung - reveng of the Bitch

mosby's confederacy - steam

So Blonde

Eh… yeah I could buy in for a dollar, I guess.
So much for it being $1... they split Mark Leung, Mosby's, and So Blonde into a $2 tier.

Vanguard Princess Steam Keys are now available to those that bought Let's Build A Doujin Bundle 2! That is all.

Not sure if I'll bite on the Shiny Loot bundle. I'd be in for future Steam keys, but going through Shiny Loot might be a hassle.
Fwiw, I have a few games over at SL and don't see any hassle (aside from being yet another place to visit). Though, I'm not getting the bundle because I find it meh.

I would've bought this, but Revenge of the Bitch doesn't have desura keys on shiny loot, and it's not up on greenlight so it's a bit of a deal breaker. That, and it's not in build a bundle format. Still deciding..

Fwiw, I have a few games over at SL and don't see any hassle (aside from being yet another place to visit). Though, I'm not getting the bundle because I find it meh.
He means for stuff that's on Greenlight and gets added to Steam later. Shiny Loot generally does not distribute Steam keys for games added to Steam after you bought them there.

Groupees and SL to my knowledge have not exactly been forthcoming about the plan for how to distribute those keys once those games get added. Who knows maybe they talked about it in that damned chat that like only 6 people will ever read.

Most likely though there isn't a plan and they will leave it up to the developer to figure out and, well, we know how that goes.

It's complicated enough when you have Groupees and Desura both involved but then to add Shiny Loot into the mix? That just sounds like a headache and a recipe to confuse already easily confused indie developers.

And yeah the no Desura and no Greenlight for Mark Leung's Bitch is a bit of a downer.

I don't know why he doesn't put that game on Greenlight. It's not like shitty mobile ports and flash games and generic RPG Maker stuff and lame Atari 2600 looking hipster pixel games aren't getting in these days. If you've got something that actually looks semi half way decent and gets attention from a bundle it will most likely get in.

Why the hell would people skip that bundle?!
Because EWWW COOTIES DESURA/DRM FREE aka NO STEAM NO BUY.

People always pass on non-Steam or Steam-lite bundles and then later get all frowny when the stuff gets on Steam.

*ETA: I did pass on Higurashi because they were pulling shit about not giving Steam keys, but at least they were up front about it. *shrug*

People always pass on non-Steam or Steam-lite bundles and then later get all frowny when the stuff gets on Steam.

*ETA: I did pass on Higurashi because they were pulling shit about not giving Steam keys, but at least they were up front about it. *shrug*
I'm often like that... worse if I don't even get a Desura key. However for the Doujin bundles I was willing to make an exception.

There are 346 people "playing" Vanguard Princess right now according to the Steam store page.

The store page also has a free DLC, the Director's Cut...

"Vanguard Princess Director's Cut features uncensored DLC demanded by longtime Vanguard Princess fans. Play Vanguard Princess is it was originally intended. Recommended for mature audiences."

http://store.steampowered.com/app/281050/?snr=1_5_9__405
*Licks Lips* Papa is ready!!!!!!!

I'm often like that... worse if I don't even get a Desura key. However for the Doujin bundles I was willing to make an exception.
I'm all about Desura but am usually like that with DRM free however I will make an exception for pigeon dating simulators and weeaboo games that have the potential for overpriced cards to sell to people who like to pay money for Anime jpegs.

*Edit: Damn that was fast, some of those cards are selling for 13 cents now. Looks like the weeaboo moneybags gravy train has dried up. Might have to craft for emoticons or backgrounds though depending how those are going.

He means for stuff that's on Greenlight and gets added to Steam later. Shiny Loot generally does not distribute Steam keys for games added to Steam after you bought them there.

Groupees and SL to my knowledge have not exactly been forthcoming about the plan for how to distribute those keys once those games get added. Who knows maybe they talked about it in that damned chat that like only 6 people will ever read.
"Announcements

ALL KEYS AND FILES WILL BE DISTRIBUTED THROUGH SHINY LOOT."

That was on the page for both Shinyloot bundles. From that, I'm assuming that the only way we're getting added keys is through Shiny Loot.

Why the hell would people skip that bundle?!
I pulled a gilby on it.

"Announcements

ALL KEYS AND FILES WILL BE DISTRIBUTED THROUGH SHINY LOOT."

That was on the page for both Shinyloot bundles. From that, I'm assuming that the only way we're getting added keys is through Shiny Loot.

I pulled a gilby on it.
Yeah well have fun getting those keys from Shiny Loot. They'll probably give them eventually I would imagine but they've not distributed keys after the fact for Greenlight games before so it will probably take some, err, educating of the developer and/or Shiny Loot.

Won't be me doing it. Anyway I have most of them elsewhere.

*Edited to add: And that notice to me seems to be specifically referring to key distribution now. There's nothing to stop the developer from coming along later and saying 'Oh I want to distribute through Desura' or where ever. Groupees historically in these situations hasn't enforced their contract and made them distribute the keys through them, they just get passive and go 'Oh well they said they were giving keys so let's give them time' etc or the ever popular 'We are still waiting on keys from the developer' without bothering to contact them and clarify they intend to distribute them elsewhere. I expect similar from Shiny Loot but we will see.

None of these look even near mediocre. Am I missing something? Can someone sell me on these? I usually know my indies; haven't heard of any of them and from a production value standpoint- they look like student projects.

But it was a build-a-bundle, that included Steam games (so you could just pick those), and Vanguard Princess was a bonus so you got it if you bought the bundle at all. Your logic doesn't really make sense here...

It was one of those 'The Steam version is the deluxe uber extra special so you don't get a key' deals. Thankfully though they made that clear (well not to everyone I guess) in advance.

*Edited to add: Also notice if you click on Higurashi on the page there it does not have 'you will get a Steam key when it gets added to Steam' message.

https://groupees.com/doujin2

It's not. Dev said they won't be giving steam keys.
Just saw the Steam page for the game and if anyone is concerned about not getting that Steam game, you're not missing much.

Can't remember why I didn't get the bundle with the Vanguard Princess (since I like fighting games), must have forgot. Though it probably was the only game in that bundle I was interested in. Sucks :cry:

Yeah well have fun getting those keys from Shiny Loot. They'll probably give them eventually I would imagine but they've not distributed keys after the fact for Greenlight games before so it will probably take some, err, educating of the developer and/or Shiny Loot.

Won't be me doing it. Anyway I have most of them elsewhere.

*Edited to add: And that notice to me seems to be specifically referring to key distribution now. There's nothing to stop the developer from coming along later and saying 'Oh I want to distribute through Desura' or where ever. Groupees historically in these situations hasn't enforced their contract and made them distribute the keys through them, they just get passive and go 'Oh well they said they were giving keys so let's give them time' etc or the ever popular 'We are still waiting on keys from the developer' without bothering to contact them and clarify they intend to distribute them elsewhere. I expect similar from Shiny Loot but we will see.
Just FYI - so far we've given out post-Greenlight keys to Gravi, 99 Spirits, War of the Human Tanks, Cook, Serve, Delicious!, Nihilumbra, The Cat Lady, and Tales of Maj'Eyal. Our track record has been flawless for games where Steam keys were promised. I can't promise it will always be that way, because crazy circumstances do arise. However, the developers for all of these Greenlight games in the bundle are extremely responsive. I would be surprised if the Steam keys ever became an issue.

Just saw the Steam page for the game and if anyone is concerned about not getting that Steam game, you're not missing much.

Can't remember why I didn't get the bundle with the Vanguard Princess (since I like fighting games), must have forgot. Though it probably was the only game in that bundle I was interested in. Sucks :cry:
By Steam page, I'm assuming you mean the greenlight page? It was probably the best game in the bundle.. yeah the art style is really flawed in the PC version but everything else about it is supposed to be really good, similar quality as the anime.

Just FYI - so far we've given out post-Greenlight keys to Gravi, 99 Spirits, War of the Human Tanks, Cook, Serve, Delicious!, Nihilumbra, The Cat Lady, and Tales of Maj'Eyal. Our track record has been flawless for games where Steam keys were promised. I can't promise it will always be that way, because crazy circumstances do arise. However, the developers for all of these Greenlight games in the bundle are extremely responsive. I would be surprised if the Steam keys ever became an issue.
How about desura keys for revenge of the bitch?

Okay well that's good to know. Just be aware that a lot of these developers are easily confused by the whole key distribution process to put it mildly. Lately Groupees has not always been the best about coordinating with them either in my experience but if you say you'll do it then I don't have a reason to doubt that and that's good news.

How about desura keys for revenge of the bitch?
Seconded.

bread's done
Back