= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The End']Getting a 404 error. Guess they've run out of codes. Unless the gift bundles include Dwarfs, it's no big deal that I missed it. Was just gonna grab a second copy for my secondary account.

EDIT: Now the page is back up with a note that the promo is over.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unfortunately sunghost is too slow at letting us know about free things.

Lol j/k. ;)

PLYoung Battlemass Mac PC
GP0CZ-L0GCP-1ET2R-QIHMR-K4D4O Universal
Cateia Games Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World
3PYFL-NFBE6-RKEKP Universal

Both are taken!! Happy no lurkers got to them. :)

Not interested in either. Please post if you take one or both. I know there are lurkers but I'd rather do it this way then get a bunch of PMs.

[quote name='seamoss']Wel, it *is* Dwarfs!? after all (Steam key).

I'll give them $5 (not that I'll ever get around to playing it) mostly because they are so clueless: who in their right mind would leave the game that people would most want out of the bundle and the one that would bring in the most profits two thirds of the way into the sale? They should have had this up right at the beginning.[/QUOTE]
You do realize that a lot bundles have a mystery game that ends up being more desirable than the other games, right? It's not exactly a new concept.

Thanks for posting the gamespot giveaway, I was just able to pick up my code. It does not include the rewards for giving a 5$ donation but no biggie for me since I wasn't going to get it anyway but I couldn't say no to free.

[quote name='Idiotekque']You do realize that a lot bundles have a mystery game that ends up being more desirable than the other games, right? It's not exactly a new concept.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I don't think that's true: successful bundles have their biggest titles up first so that
people will pay "over the average" or whatever right away to get the hits (e.g. with Bastion
in the last HIB). Groupees were essentially saying "pay $1 to get all these games, or pay $5
for a great game but we won't tell you what it is until a week has passed". That's a moronic
way of doing things - most people will just pay $1 and then wait until the "great game" is
revealed at which point I'm guessing many couldn't even be bothered to go and up their
donation to get one extra game (CAGers excepted, of course).

Basically, what I'm saying is if one game is worth $4 more than the rest of the games
combined, it should be available right at the beginning so that people will buy the bundle
for $5 now instead of bying it for $1 now and *maybe* adding $4 more later. Bonus games
should be just that: an extra incentive to tip those who are still humming & hawing about
buying the bundle, they shouldn't be the main attraction.

[quote name='seamoss']Actually, I don't think that's true: successful bundles have their biggest titles up first so that people will pay "over the average" or whatever right away to get the hits (e.g. with Bastion
in the last HIB). Groupees were essentially saying "pay $1 to get all these games, or pay $5
for a great game but we won't tell you what it is until a week has passed". That's a moronic
way of doing things - most people will just pay $1 and then wait until the "great game" is
revealed at which point I'm guessing many couldn't even be bothered to go and up their
donation to get one extra game (CAGers excepted, of course).

Basically, what I'm saying is if one game is worth $4 more than the rest of the games
combined, it should be available right at the beginning so that people will buy the bundle
for $5 now instead of bying it for $1 now and *maybe* adding $4 more later. Bonus games
should be just that: an extra incentive to tip those who are still humming & hawing about
buying the bundle, they shouldn't be the main attraction.[/QUOTE]
I get your point, but the HIB is probably the smartest indie bundle around. It's hard to hold every bundler to their way of going about things, because they've got the smartest method.

That said, I don't even think Dwarfs is that big of a deal. It will be on sale for under $3 very soon, so it's hard to say it's easily worth $4.

[quote name='golfer']PLYoung Battlemass Mac PC
GP0CZ-L0GCP-1ET2R-QIHMR-K4D4O Universal
Cateia Games Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World
3PYFL-NFBE6-RKEKP Universal

Not interested in either. Please post if you take one or both. I know there are lurkers but I'd rather do it this way then get a bunch of PMs.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I took Battlemass

[quote name='atreyuevr']Yeah, unfortunately sunghost is too slow at letting us know about free things.

Lol j/k. ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The End']Getting a 404 error. Guess they've run out of codes. Unless the gift bundles include Dwarfs, it's no big deal that I missed it. Was just gonna grab a second copy for my secondary account.

EDIT: Now the page is back up with a note that the promo is over.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what the deal is, but I just got one, so they're not out of gifts yet. You have to log in at GameSpot and then "register" (verify your info and email) and then you get a link with a gift code.

[quote name='warreni']Not sure what the deal is, but I just got one, so they're not out of gifts yet. You have to log in at GameSpot and then "register" (verify your info and email) and then you get a link with a gift code.[/QUOTE]

Possibly just a glitch on our end, but I don't need another anyhow. :lol:

I just realized that Dwarfs?! is in this for more than $5 donations.

If anyone has received this key and do not plan on using it I would really appreciate throwing it my way!

: )

[quote name='warreni']Not sure what the deal is, but I just got one, so they're not out of gifts yet. You have to log in at GameSpot and then "register" (verify your info and email) and then you get a link with a gift code.[/QUOTE]

I literally spent about one minute getting a gift copy, so it's definitely not over. I clicked the link, saw that I was already logged in, filled in my e-mail, hit enter, then checked my e-mail right after, clicked that link, and redeemed my key.

I'm not sure why people are unable to claim theirs, but it might have something to do with IP addresses and multiple accounts. I've only ever had one GS account, and it never logs me out.

[quote name='Blade']I literally spent about one minute getting a gift copy, so it's definitely not over. I clicked the link, saw that I was already logged in, filled in my e-mail, hit enter, then checked my e-mail right after, clicked that link, and redeemed my key.

I'm not sure why people are unable to claim theirs, but it might have something to do with IP addresses and multiple accounts. I've only ever had one GS account, and it never logs me out.[/QUOTE]
That's definitely not the issue, because I've never even had a GameSpot account. It just plain won't let me log in with a new account, lol.

Not a huge deal though, just weird.

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']NOT SARCASM >:|

I didn't even know there was a Bemine4 until today![/QUOTE]

Alright, you can have mine.

darn still can't log in to gamespot. :cry:
*edit* found I have an account already on gamespot with an old yahoo email. can log in but can't get the bundle oh well.

finally got a response back trying to get the groupees bundle
this is gamespot's response
Thanks for your interest in Be Mine 4 Giveaway. This promotion is currently over, but stay tuned to GameSpot for future events and more chances to play!
wow, just checked my pms and saw that The End gifted me the groupees bundle. Thank you, you're awesome!!!

[quote name='Umair56']Any thoughts on any of these BAB3 games? I really don't know anything about any of these.[/QUOTE]
99 Levels to Hell looks like a really promising roguelike platformer, and is on Greenlight.

Omegalodon looks like mindless multiplayer fun and is also on Greenlight, but it's mostly a purely multiplayer game.

CreaVures doesn't have great ratings, but has nice visuals and is a good choice if you're into platforming puzzlers.

Chrome + Specforce is two games for the price of one, and is supposed to be a pretty fun FPS besides some terrible AI.

APOX has awful ratings, and looks like a badly made RTS.

Kaptain Brawe (if you missed it in the last bundle) is supposed to be a great adventure game for the price.

Secret of the Magic Crystals is GOTY material; nuff sed.

(Note that each game is $0.75.)

The CAG Steamfellows have been ogling Secret of the Magic Crystals for a long time now, and it's being sold here for $0.75. It's a horse grooming simulator, which sounds incredibly horrid, but hey...these games are all $0.75 each. That's two games for the price of a Pepsi.

I bought all of the Steam games I didn't own out of cheapness. While the point of these bundles is to raise money, their purpose seems to be getting games as cheap as possible now.

[quote name='crimsonassassin']For the BaB, can you get more than 1 copy (or key) of a game?[/QUOTE]
Not in the same purchase I don't think... Separate purchases, yes.

I'd ask in the Groupees chat if you really want to know.

The only game I've played from the WW bundle is Bionic Heart. It's a decent game with a good amount of endings. I think i beat it and got most of the endings in a few hours...possibly 4-5. I bought it just to get the rest of the games. At least the one I played had a decent story. That bundle is definently for VN lovers though.

I wasn't sure whether to pay $1 or $5, but seeing as the $5 level includes the sequel to one of the $1 level games, and we'll probably never see these cheaper again... I just bit on the $5 level.

In other news, Jonny says the next Be Mine is coming fairly soon and that it's got "only legit" games in it, and that there will be two levels as has been, $1 and $5. He says it will make a lot of people happy, so here's hoping (he also seemed pretty stoked about Dwarfs, which wasn't that amazing).

I also said "No more troll games!" and he replied "we like to have fun". xD

Spirited Heart was added as a goal for selling 1,000 units for the Winter Wolves bundle. Also, the time for the bundle was extended by 1 week.

[quote name='sunghost']Spirited Heart was added as a goal for selling 1,000 units for the Winter Wolves bundle. Also, the time for the bundle was extended by 1 week.[/QUOTE]
About time they messed with that setup. I voiced how the only goal was extremely unrealistic for this niche genre, and how the bundle length made no sense at all.

Nice to see they're listening to what we say... Maybe. ;)

Just bought the bundle. My first indie royale and also my first time getting some good games on desura. Is there a plus to desura? Or should I just download the games to my DRM free game folder and then add them to steam like I usually do? I'll probably end up downloading desura but if its a pain then I wont.

Crap, just realized I posted this in the wrong thread. Oops.

[quote name='golfer']Just bought the bundle. My first indie royale and also my first time getting some good games on desura. Is there a plus to desura? Or should I just download the games to my DRM free game folder and then add them to steam like I usually do? I'll probably end up downloading desura but if its a pain then I wont.[/QUOTE]
Desura is basically a storage hub for DRM-free games. I believe you can keep the client open if you want, but basically you input the code, look at your games page through Desura, and then install them DRM-free.

Keeps things organized, so it's actually a step up from DRM-free unless you're fine with just having your download links on the Groupees page.

Desura is very quick and facile to use.

You just redeem the code, download the game, and then you can exit the client because it doesn't need to be open while you play.

Looks like they've lowered the unlock points for the Goals on BAB3.

Goal #2 is now 4,000 (was 5,000)
Goal #3 is now 5,000 (was 7,500)

Build a Bundle 3 - 24hr Single Game Special!

17 September 9 pm GMT to 18 September 9 pm GMT, you can select a single game from the Build a Bundle collection of 9 games.
Choose from: Secret of the Magic Crystals PC + MAC (Steam Key + DRM- Free), Detour PC (Steam Key only), Omegalodon PC + MAC
(Desura Key + DRM free), War in a Box: Paper Tanks PC + Mac (Desura key), APOX PC (Steam Key only), CreaVures PC + Mac (Steam
Key + DRM-Free), Chrome + SpecForce PC (Steam Key Only), Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World PC+ Mac (Steam Key Only), 99 Levels
to Hell PC+ Mac (Desura Key).

If the promotion reaches the goal of 5000 bundles sold, everyone will also get Avencast: Rise of the Mage (Steam Key Only)! 20% of all
sales goes to Child's Play Charity.

Get it HERE: http://groupees.com/bab3

[quote name='The End']Looks like they've lowered the unlock points for the Goals on BAB3.

Goal #2 is now 4,000 (was 5,000)
Goal #3 is now 5,000 (was 7,500)[/QUOTE]
Funny how they did that. There's still 9 days left and we've almost hit 5000 already. :whistle2:#

Maybe it means they'll add something else as a higher goal?

Updated the OP, been busy so I haven't been around to update it all the time. I included links to each game on either steam or desura and also included their metacritic scores, if they have one.

[quote name='seamoss']Build a Bundle 3 - 24hr Single Game Special!

17 September 9 pm GMT to 18 September 9 pm GMT, you can select a single game from the Build a Bundle collection of 9 games.
Choose from: Secret of the Magic Crystals PC + MAC (Steam Key + DRM- Free), Detour PC (Steam Key only), Omegalodon PC + MAC
(Desura Key + DRM free), War in a Box: Paper Tanks PC + Mac (Desura key), APOX PC (Steam Key only), CreaVures PC + Mac (Steam
Key + DRM-Free), Chrome + SpecForce PC (Steam Key Only), Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World PC+ Mac (Steam Key Only), 99 Levels
to Hell PC+ Mac (Desura Key).

If the promotion reaches the goal of 5000 bundles sold, everyone will also get Avencast: Rise of the Mage (Steam Key Only)! 20% of all
sales goes to Child's Play Charity.

Get it HERE: http://groupees.com/bab3[/QUOTE]

Pretty cool. Decided to get Kaptain Brawe, myself.

[quote name='speedwerd']Updated the OP, been busy so I haven't been around to update it all the time. I included links to each game on either steam or desura and also included their metacritic scores, if they have one.[/QUOTE]

Great job, thanks!

Has it always been wikified? I would've updated myself earlier if I'd noticed.

[quote name='speedwerd']Updated the OP, been busy so I haven't been around to update it all the time. I included links to each game on either steam or desura and also included their metacritic scores, if they have one.[/QUOTE]

Desura links aren't working. I am on an iPad, but I don't think that matters. Thanks for the update though.

I'll be picking up detour and omegalodon. Still debating the horse game. I remember somebody mentioning a demonic horse somewhere? If that is really true, how demonic could it actually be if the game is made for little girls? Seems like it is made for little girls at least. I may get that game also cause that seems like it could be pretty funny.

[quote name='golfer']Desura links aren't working. I am on an iPad, but I don't think that matters. Thanks for the update though.

I'll be picking up detour and omegalodon. Still debating the horse game. I remember somebody mentioning a demonic horse somewhere? If that is really true, how demonic could it actually be if the game is made for little girls? Seems like it is made for little girls at least. I may get that game also cause that seems like it could be pretty funny.[/QUOTE]

If you want to see the demonic horse it is in the video on the game's store page on steam.

bread's done
Back