Groupon Goods: GAEMS G155 Personal Gaming Environment +Skin $179 ($249.99 reg. price)

vlv723

CAGiversary!
Feedback
161 (100%)
http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-g155-gaems-sleeve

Here's some more info on this:

From Groupon Description:

[quote name='Groupon']GAEMS G155 Personal Gaming Environment Bundle

Protected inside of a rugged case, the self-contained gaming environment lets gamers take their Xbox 360 or PS3 with them wherever they go. As long as there are two electrical outlets nearby, gamers can fire up their console and enjoy lag-free play on a 15.5-inch LED screen with 720p HD resolution and stereo speakers. Complying with TSA regulations, the case can even join gamers traveling aboard airplanes and dragon-mushed sleighs. Two included pouches help gamers keep controllers, cables, and other accessories organized inside the case.

Features

Self-contained, portable video-gaming environment
Compatible with Xbox 360, Xbox 360 S, and PS3 Slim (not included)
Durable, compact carrying case with grip handle and red-racer vinyl skin
15.5-inch LED screen with 720p HD resolution and a 60-hertz refresh rate
Virtually no lag while playing
Full-spectrum sound through stereo speakers or two 3.5-millimeter headphone jacks
Full-screen audio and video controls
Complies with TSA regulations and airline carry-on guidelines
Includes two pouches for holding gaming accessories and cables
Requires two electrical outlets or one Pikachu to operate
In the box: GAEMS PGE unit, one HDMI cable, two storage bags, and one power supply[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLYO7vXqisc

[quote name='TooPoor']People will know you are hardcore when you pull this baby out on a plane.[/QUOTE]

...while speaking Farsi.

You do need two electrical outlets, though. That makes playing on a plane or in line very unlikely.

The only airline that I know of that has outlets on all their planes is Virgin America. Unless you fly First Class/Business Class at the other airlines, this would just be a carry on.

[quote name='vlv723']The only airline that I know of that has outlets on all their planes is Virgin America. Unless you fly First Class/Business Class at the other airlines, this would just be a carry on.[/QUOTE]
Most international flights have outlets for coach as well. You just have to steal another outlet from your neighboring seat :lol:

[quote name='Darknuke']Yeah not having its own power source completely defeats the purpose of owning this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, seriously. For $180, you can easily buy a 21" LCD monitor and a backpack to carry everything in.

[quote name='vlv723']The only airline that I know of that has outlets on all their planes is Virgin America. Unless you fly First Class/Business Class at the other airlines, this would just be a carry on.[/QUOTE]

Cathay Pacific if your traveling from New York to Hong Kong give you one outlet. Don't know if the people in security would let you bring this thing on.

I've actually had this thing on my Amazon wishlist for some time, but as great as this price is, it's hard for me to warrant getting one, even though I do travel a lot. It's one of those things where I figure if somebody decided to get it for me as a gift, I would love it lol

Been on the fence about these for a while now. Groupon also offered me another 15 bucks off, which was enough to push me over. Thanks OP :)

I travel a lot spending about 8-10 nights a month in hotels, and I got one of these about 4 months ago and I totally love it. You never know what kind of TV you'll get in a hotel these days. If you spend much time away from home I highly recommend it!!
PS for about 5 bucks you can get a splitter and use only one outlet.

[quote name='blair2100']I travel a lot spending about 8-10 nights a month in hotels, and I got one of these about 4 months ago and I totally love it. You never know what kind of TV you'll get in a hotel these days. If you spend much time away from home I highly recommend it!!
PS for about 5 bucks you can get a splitter and use only one outlet.[/QUOTE]
I crashed at a Bestwestern last weekend and they still have a 20 something inch tube tv. :lol:

I myself was thinking of getting one but the deal ended at 11:59 central. 2 hours earlier than I thought when it will end.

Working OT made me miss the deal. Maybe next time. Maybe cheaper.

[quote name='vlv723']I myself was thinking of getting one but the deal ended at 11:59 central. 2 hours earlier than I thought when it will end.

Working OT made me miss the deal. Maybe next time. Maybe cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Well there is a code if you order it direct for $50 off. Not quite as good tho, specially considering they charge for shipping :( Promo Code is fury. It only works on the regular model too.

Got mine from amazon warehouse a few months back for 135 and it is solid for that price. Some issues include the two carry pouches are small so basically you can take one controller and the monster power supply and that is about it. Two controllers overstreched the bag (xbox360 not dual shocks). Also unless you look right at the screen the picture is not very good ie from the far sides. I also carry a laptop or net book and a small router to use for wireless access since many hotels require you to log in and authenticate to use the free wireless which the 360 can't do. (even with IE since you have to be logged into live to use it.) Good fun playing borderlands 2 co op or mw3 online

Saw these at the Microsoft Store, or at least they look like this. They seem useful for a very niche audience, but I would have zero use for this.

bread's done
Back