Groupon Online Deal - Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 - $13.99

GamjawanG

CAGiversary!
Groupon is offering the Hyperkin Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 for $13.99 + $2.99 S&H = $16.98.  The normal MSRP is $29.99.

Here is the Link: http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-hyperkin-game-genie-save-editor-for-ps3

Easily modify and enhance single-player games with this save editor for PlayStation 3. Use the included USB drive to grab save files from popular PS3 games and transfer them to an available PC or docile, sleeping robot. There, you can use the included software to control your game, performing feats such as unlocking all weapons or boosting your character level. The save editor also uses a live RSS feed to continuously update with the latest games, making sure new titles and available cheats are always at the ready.

• Transfer saves from PS3 to PC and back
  • Edit and power up existing saved games
  • USB drive preloaded with software
  • Give your characters unlimited ammo, max health, or the ability to feel
  • Continuously updated with the latest cheats and games
  • Trade saved games with other players
For complete list of games, go to: http://thegamegenie.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have any experience using this? I would like to get it because I would like to convert a Persona 4 Arena save from the retail version to the downloadable version.

Tempted by this, but isn't Groupon terrible about shipping physical goods?
This one says it's a digital download.

NEW! Digital Download Edition!
This edition of Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 is supplied as download only and does NOT come with a Game Genie USB drive. It does though still contain the same great cheats and games and we offer the same support should you need it!

Tempted by this, but isn't Groupon terrible about shipping physical goods?
From my experience... Awful. My girlfriend ordered me a powerbag backback from them as a Christmas gift in early December. It didn't arrive until nearly February. She tried multiple times to cancel the order as it hadn't shipped yet but they wouldn't let her. Charged her on the day of ordering too.

This one says it's a digital download.

NEW! Digital Download Edition!
This edition of Game Genie: Save Editor for PS3 is supplied as download only and does NOT come with a Game Genie USB drive. It does though still contain the same great cheats and games and we offer the same support should you need it!

From my experience... Awful. My girlfriend ordered me a powerbag backback from them as a Christmas gift in early December. It didn't arrive until nearly February. She tried multiple times to cancel the order as it hadn't shipped yet but they wouldn't let her. Charged her on the day of ordering too.
Haha, yeah no Groupon, I'll keep my money. Thanks for the info.

I remember using the SNES Game Genie to get General Leo and Kefka in my party in FF6.

FYI, anything that this can do, the open source community can do, for free. Game Genie supports extremely restrictive DRM, and offers very little support for their product. Here are some major flaws:

Game Genie & Cyber save editor for PS3 (JP) does a lot of background work on server. If you are the type of user who does not want to be technical and you just want to play your game, please use Genie/Cyber Save Editor.

Advantages

Has support team.
Codes are 100% working
Supports all types of save encryption/compression.
Has a list of 200+ Game Titles. (1 Region only)

Major Disadvantages

Does not & do not want to support copy-protected cheats. (Not CFW Friendly)
Does not show codes in advance mode. (Anti-Consumer)
Game Genie/Cyber Save Editor will decides at its own discretion which games will have advance editing mode.
Asks for additional money to support another region.
Does not let users to add their own games.
Needs online connection at all time. (DRM)
You can’t download their database offline. Which means you don’t technically own the product at all, like Diablo 3. (Anti-Consumer)
If server is down, you can’t apply the cheats.
Updates are released once per week.
Is not an open product.
Do not know how long Game Genie will last.

Haha! I had one of these for NES. Probably still got it somewhere. With the purple cover guide. Lmao!

bread's done
Back