Growlanser : Heritage of War 29.99 used at Gamefly.com

how much is the shipping? from past games its either a hit or miss in my exp. sometimes the games came badly scratched other times they were mint.

What are they going to ship it in though? Anything less than a box will cause possible crush on the game box. Although if I remember correctly, my Zelda:Four Sword Adventure came out fine, but that was 3 years ago.

I bought a copy of it last week. It came in excellent condition . I didn't see anything wrong with it.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I'd really like to get this. I bet all of the collector items would be mint too. Tempting...[/quote]

How do the discs look, for those that have received theirs?

I prefer to rent them first so I can check out the disc and decide to keep it if it looks good but my queue is packed with new games right now. Popular games usually look like crap, so I don't bother with those deals.

[quote name='tomatotyrant']Anyone ever buy used games from Gamefly? Do they include the box and stuff? Are they in good condition?[/QUOTE]

i buy all my games exclusively from gamefly now. clearly the people who started this company were gamers....includes everything including original box and discs are in great condition.

[quote name='tomatotyrant']Anyone ever buy used games from Gamefly? Do they include the box and stuff? Are they in good condition?[/QUOTE]

YES!!!!
Every time there is a gamefly thread about buying games... the same question

[quote name='zman73']YES!!!!
Every time there is a gamefly thread about buying games... the same question[/QUOTE]

He's asking about the bonuses that come with the game, and I find it a bit hard to believe that they would. Likewise, how would they ship it so that the cardboard box isn't crushed?

according to the wiki:
Along with the actual game disc itself, the North American limited edition will be packaged with:
  • A 100 page artbook
  • A multi-media disc containing music and artwork
  • A keychain
  • Two lenticular cards
  • Three pins
it also said that the LE version is the only version.

Also the last time I used the keep it now was on Dragon Quest a while ago and it came in a bubble mailer but I don't remember if the box was crushed.

I just checked the one i bought from gamefly last week and it came with all that suff. The game is in excellent condition . I'm quite pleased with my purchase.

[quote name='KaitouDark']according to the wiki:
Along with the actual game disc itself, the North American limited edition will be packaged with:
  • A 100 page artbook
  • A multi-media disc containing music and artwork
  • A keychain
  • Two lenticular cards
  • Three pins
it also said that the LE version is the only version.

Also the last time I used the keep it now was on Dragon Quest a while ago and it came in a bubble mailer but I don't remember if the box was crushed.[/quote]

[quote name='roymustang']I have a feeling that both this game and Persona 3 will be on sale for $29.99 on Amazon in some time in December.[/QUOTE]

Well it would be hard to have a sale on something that isnt in stock (Persona 3)

[quote name='freshzen']By the way the game sucks, just a fair warning...[/QUOTE]

I'm not expecting anything close to a triple-A title. I've just been on an PS2 RPG-collecting binge lately, and this is as good a price as I've seen for it.

I did enjoy Growlanser 2 (I haven't started Growlanser 3), so I figure I'll get something out of it as long as Career Soft didn't try to fix what wasn't broken with the series.

It's too bad we'll probably never get Growlanser 4 here, which I've heard is probably the best game in the series. C'mon Atlus, release 4 and 6 in one package like Working Designs did with 2 and 3. :)

Persona 3 might go on clearance at Sears or Kmart, that is about the only chance of getting P3 cheap besides used copies obviously.

Heritage of War is a lot different games than the two packed with Generations, which was actually a fun game.

[quote name='freshzen']Persona 3 might go on clearance at Sears or Kmart, that is about the only chance of getting P3 cheap besides used copies obviously.[/QUOTE]

This is off topic, but I just picked up P3 at the KMart by me. Last copy though.

[quote name='Vendetta']I'm not expecting anything close to a triple-A title. I've just been on an PS2 RPG-collecting binge lately, and this is as good a price as I've seen for it.

I did enjoy Growlanser 2 (I haven't started Growlanser 3), so I figure I'll get something out of it as long as Career Soft didn't try to fix what wasn't broken with the series.
[/QUOTE]

They completely fucked it up.

[quote name='freshzen']By the way the game sucks, just a fair warning...[/quote]

Yeah, I was just gonna come in and ask did anyone have a personal liking for this game because the professional critics sure didn't.

[quote name='roymustang']I have a feeling that both this game and Persona 3 will be on sale for $29.99 on Amazon in some time in December.[/quote]

Is it too late for a Quote of the Year for 2007?

I actually liked this game, but maybe that's because I was expecting it to be complete crap. You could do worse for $25, and it's pretty refreshing to play all these different characters with their own plots and agendas instead of a ragtag bunch of do-gooders.

bread's done
Back