Growlanser "warm" Deal

I got the deluxe used with everything in it still for $49.95 at a local video game shop. That's one of the better deals I've found so far, as well as getting my complete copy of Valkyrie Profile in really good condition for $19.99 at another local game store.

[quote name='drfrielgood']I've never had a problem with GameQuestDirect. They've had some good deals on rare games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah this site rules. I've had no problems w/the "ultra-rare" RE games on GC or "I found a box of these in a box in the basement" Rhapsody/Persona2. They were totally forthcoming w/info in regards to the source and reasoning for them being available, once again.

/sarcasm

I expect this game to be shipped in droves in the next couple weeks at all the major game retailers. OOP, pfft...

No one at gamequestdirect ever stated rhapsody and persona 2 were found in basement. Everyone who made up stories was based on what they thought the items were found.

Yes GQD = suckage. I got taken for Rhapsody/Persona 2 as well. Technically that's a good price on Growlanser Deluxe though. I paid a few bucks more than that way back when.

[quote name='spankmenow420']When has working designs game ever been shipped in droves? Hahah, you guys make me laugh.[/QUOTE]

As much as Atlus circa 1995.

[quote name='spankmenow420']No one at gamequestdirect ever stated rhapsody and persona 2 were found in basement. Everyone who made up stories was based on what they thought the items were found.[/QUOTE]

Miraculously finding old copies in a warehouse.

Too-May-Toe...

Tah-Mah-Toe...

[quote name='spankmenow420']No one at gamequestdirect ever stated rhapsody and persona 2 were found in basement. Everyone who made up stories was based on what they thought the items were found.[/QUOTE]

yet they refused to say Hey these are going to be reprint to stop the rush in buying.... nope they played the be quite card so its just like saying they found them.

[quote name='Level Jumper']I got the deluxe used with everything in it still for $49.95 at a local video game shop. That's one of the better deals I've found so far, as well as getting my complete copy of Valkyrie Profile in really good condition for $19.99 at another local game store.[/QUOTE]

that should probably go in bragging rights... you lucky bastard.

Get off the guy's case. It doesn't matter if GQD told you Rhapsody/Persona fell out of Santa Claus's ass; it's your fault you guys got "taken". No one forced you guys to buy them. The OP has never once stated he knew for certain where they were from; only that GQD had them back in stock. What business sense would it make for them to say "Yeah, these have been reprinted, so go ahead and hang on as they might be cheaper elsewhere"? If you guys think they're will be an influx of them, then wait. Don't get all over him for posting a legit deal.

GQD is pretty good. I just recently ordered Lunar Legends for GBA from there and it shipped quickly. The packaging was good this time as well unlike the packaging for Rhapsody/Persona 2. haha

dang when I saw "warm" I was hoping $24.99-29.99... sigh maybe its about time I should pick this one up considering I do not think it will drop any lower.

Reality's Fringe said:
Get off the guy's case. It doesn't matter if GQD told you Rhapsody/Persona fell out of Santa Claus's ass; it's your fault you guys got "taken". No one forced you guys to buy them. The OP has never once stated he knew for certain where they were from; only that GQD had them back in stock. What business sense would it make for them to say "Yeah, these have been reprinted, so go ahead and hang on as they might be cheaper elsewhere"? If you guys think they're will be an influx of them, then wait. Don't get all over him for posting a legit deal.

It's not a legit deal. It's a self-promotion post to gain business.

If you check here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/offering/list/-/B000239DZ8/002-2807420-1531210

You'll see they are selling it on Amazon for $37.88. Hardly a deal to offer it to CAGs for $39.99, even with the free shipping. As far as the Deluxe version goes, you can get it cheaper on half.com.

[quote name='fwacce']It's not a legit deal. It's a self-promotion post to gain business.

If you check here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/offering/list/-/B000239DZ8/002-2807420-1531210

You'll see they are selling it on Amazon for $37.88. Hardly a deal to offer it to CAGs for $39.99, even with the free shipping. As far as the Deluxe version goes, you can get it cheaper on half.com.[/QUOTE]

With amazon shipping it's the same price as if you ordered from their website, and as for the deluxe boxset, it's a few bucks less true. It doens't have to be the cheapest to be a deal. I've ordered from GQD a couple of times, and aside from them sending the wrong game one time, it hasn't been bad. People are not bitching about the price; they're bitching because they feel they got "taken" which they did not, regardless of where GQD claimed they got them from. As I said, if you think you can get it cheaper, then wait. That's cool. Spam? Only if you consider it thus because he works there, but we don't cry foul when people from BB or CC post deals at their place of employment. Like I daid, I don't consider MSRP to be a "deal" either, but I'm sure someone will bite.

[quote name='saetia']Yeah this site rules. I've had no problems w/the "ultra-rare" RE games on GC [/QUOTE]

Yeah, you just... paid double what you would've at gexpress back then.

So what price would you guys like to see this game at? Since i want to make some cag members happy. I'll see what i can do. Also any other games people to want to buy, but price is a just a little high. PM me. I will try and make some of you members happy.

Reality's Fringe said:

With the resident evil one they did state they found them and that all there was was a very small supply and that there was no reprint. I can't remember what they said with persona and rhapsody, but they did do everything to give the impression it wasn't a reprint.

Not saying there's a reprint is different than telling customers there isn't one or insisting it's just a small supply that you found.

I've never ordered directly from GQD's website, but I've ordered from them through Amazon.com a couple times, and I've had no problems at all.

Reality's Fringe]It doesn't matter if GQD told you Rhapsody/Persona fell out of Santa Claus's ass[/QUOTE] Ha! I agree; the important thing to remember is that you're very free to choose whether or not to purchase from GQD said:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68657[/url]
(if the above is considered bad-CAG-form, I apologize)

=================
ephemeral sig - quote from workingdesigns.com's Growlanser tip page:

I got a MISSION FAILED but the game didn't end. Why?
It is possible to get this condition without ending the game, as long as the stated Game Over conditions weren't met for that battle.

It only affects the game's internal opinion of your mad skillz and will possibly prevent you from getting certain events or decision trees in the future.

It doesn't matter if GQD told you Rhapsody/Persona fell out of Santa Claus's ass

ummmm i dont think i would want to touch it if it fell out of his ass :)

Anyone want to give me some feedback on pricing which would be attractive for this game.
Your suggestions are much appreciated

around 40-50 shipped would be a nice price

I've ordered from GQD quite a few times in the past, both directly and through Amazon, and I've never had a problem with them.

[quote name='spankmenow420']Anyone want to give me some feedback on pricing which would be attractive for this game.
Your suggestions are much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Jackass, quit bumping your thread.

You really want to make nice? How about allowing everyone who bought Persona or Rhapsody to send their game back without the lame restocking fee. You know you came here to promote the sale before it hit other retailers, so if you really cared about CAGs as you say you do, then allow returns for a full refund. That would be a start.

And while we're on the subject, how about covering the damage from shipping those games because your packing sucks. You know a lot of people were buying to collect them, so why would you think it would be okay to ship with no protection?

And how about mentioning that the games didn't have the security strip? Sure a lot of people bought them to open and play, but some bought them to collect. You knew this in advance and failed to mention it. Big surprise.

That's it for now.

[quote name='fwacce']Jackass, quit bumping your thread.

You really want to make nice? How about allowing everyone who bought Persona or Rhapsody to send their game back without the lame restocking fee. You know you came here to promote the sale before it hit other retailers, so if you really cared about CAGs as you say you do, then allow returns for a full refund. That would be a start.[/QUOTE]

I think the real jackasses are cags that bought 3, 5, 10+ copies of Persona and Rhapsody then bitch and moan when the market was flooded :whistle2:#
And as allways theese cags don't call themselfs hoarders. ;)

[quote name='spankmenow420']Anyone want to give me some feedback on pricing which would be attractive for this game.
Your suggestions are much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

$25 and $55 sound about right to me.

bread's done
Back