GS $5 Trade Bonus on Select Titles

jetsaredim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Just got a new email coupon for an extra $5 in trade value for select games. Coupon is valid 9/24/09-10/4/09 and would appear to stack with Power Trade. At current trade values for PS3 and Xbox 360, this would make B:AA worth $40.5 and Madden worth $45.50 (or $47.25 depending on how they calculate it). NOTE: According to the email, you have to print the whole page, not just the coupon.

- Link to ad page.

List of games:

Batman: Arkham Asylum :360: :ps3:
The Bigs 2 :360: :ps3:
Dissidia Final Fantasy :psp:
Fossil Fighters :ds:
G-Force :ds: :psp: :ps2:
Guitar Hero 5 (game only) :360: :ps3: :wii: :ps2:
Madden NFL 2010 :360: :ps3: :wii: :psp: :ps2:
Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alch LE :ps2:
Metroid Prime Trilogy :wii:
NCAA Football 2010 :360: :ps3: :psp: :ps2:
Professor Layton & The Diabolical Box :ds:
Section 8 :360:
Soul Caliber: Broken Destiny :psp:
Wii Sports Resort :wii:
Wolfenstein :360: :ps3:

Already looking to unload ODST? How much do you want to sell it for?

So this stacks with the 4/$20 bonus too, or is powertrade where you trade in a game towards another new title? (25% bonus, I think)

Weird - the coupon says +$5, but the text at the top says +25%, which is quite a bit better of a deal for this titles! 35% with edge.

[quote name='AntiCommie']So this stacks with the 4/$20 bonus too, or is powertrade where you trade in a game towards another new title? (25% bonus, I think)[/QUOTE]

Not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure just the power trade. YMMV.

[quote name='AntiCommie']Already looking to unload ODST? How much do you want to sell it for?[/QUOTE]
I'm looking to at least break even, which I can through GS after power-trade and edge bonus ($40.50). I'd love to get closer to $45, but I think that's pushing it.

Off topic but where does amazon sell the games you sell to them?

Also why unload ODST when the firefight mode is awesome, even alone?

[quote name='Ecto311']Off topic but where does amazon sell the games you sell to them?

Also why unload ODST when the firefight mode is awesome, even alone?[/QUOTE]
Pfft, I never bought the game to play it (IMO Halo is boring). I'm only flipping it for the $15 Amazon credit.

[quote name='mr_bungle']So you paid $60 for $15 credit?[/QUOTE]

The game wasn't $60 from Amazon. I can get it for around $40 myself and get a $10 bonus, if the TiV is $45 or so, that's a $15 swing (counting the $10 bonus). It's a small flip but a flip none the less.

[quote name='Jodou']I'm looking to at least break even, which I can through GS after power-trade and edge bonus ($40.50). I'd love to get closer to $45, but I think that's pushing it.[/QUOTE]

Ebay or Amazon

[quote name='crunchewy']Weird - the coupon says +$5, but the text at the top says +25%, which is quite a bit better of a deal for this titles! 35% with edge.
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
I am going with the 25% off deal, I think thats much better than just the 5 bucks off.

[quote name='deangrazy']I am going with the 25% off deal, I think thats much better than just the 5 bucks off.[/QUOTE]
Right, but you could always just pre-order something like Uncharted 2 - which already has +25% (+10% w/EDGE) and then get the $5 on top of that - and then cancel your pre-order before it comes out and just get something else with the credit.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']The game wasn't $60 from Amazon. I can get it for around $40 myself and get a $10 bonus, if the TiV is $45 or so, that's a $15 swing (counting the $10 bonus). It's a small flip but a flip none the less.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. Makes sense.

[quote name='jetsaredim']Right, but you could always just pre-order something like Uncharted 2 - which already has +25% (+10% w/EDGE) and then get the $5 on top of that - and then cancel your pre-order before it comes out and just get something else with the credit.[/QUOTE]

Most stores wont let you stack both the power trade 25% bonus and than the $5.00 coupon, I would think that would be the case anyway.

[quote name='Jodou']I'm looking to at least break even, which I can through GS after power-trade and edge bonus ($40.50). I'd love to get closer to $45, but I think that's pushing it.[/QUOTE]

Sell it on craigslist...

[quote name='AsianInvasion']you can trade in batman AA for $43.60 at ToysRUs which is better than what GS is offering.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, a big fat 30 bucks.

can anyone verify that this will stack with power trade? have about $200 worth of games to trade in, and this will help a bit more.

[quote name='nietzsche74']Hey... it worked! Got $32.50 for Batman!!![/QUOTE]

hmm, that doesnt seem like working to me...I think you should've gotten more than that, the ad lists the trade in value at 30, then ad 5 to that plus edge, you should've gotten like 38. I know Batman dropped in value w/o ad, but I thought the point of that ad was that you got the 30+5 through the date it says.

edit: fine print says "$5.00 bonus will be added to "current value" shown above. Current value subject to change without notice." so I guess it doesn't guarantee the price listed, which makes this actually worse than using the 25 percent trade in promo(I'm pretty sure they don't stack).

Last edited by a moderator:
Went back to GS this afternoon and they credited me $10 back on two copies of Batman: AA that I had traded in on Thursday (the first day of the promo). So, in total I believe I got the following breakdown...

$25 - current value
+$8.75 - power trade 35% w/EDGE
-------
$33.75 amount I got on Thursday before the email
+ $5 coupon
--------
$38.75

I'm going back tomorrow to trade in two copies of Madden 10 that I picked up at TRU today (I stupidly brought them in sealed, so they said I couldn't trade them in) and I assume I should get $45.50 in credit each.

[quote name='jetsaredim']Went back to GS this afternoon and they credited me $10 back on two copies of Batman: AA that I had traded in on Thursday (the first day of the promo). So, in total I believe I got the following breakdown...

$25 - current value
+$8.75 - power trade 35% w/EDGE
-------
$33.75 amount I got on Thursday before the email
+ $5 coupon
--------
$38.75

I'm going back tomorrow to trade in two copies of Madden 10 that I picked up at TRU today (I stupidly brought them in sealed, so they said I couldn't trade them in) and I assume I should get $45.50 in credit each.[/QUOTE]

You got lucky they should not combine the two promos, (25% Power Trade and the $5.00 coupon being the two promos) plus your 10% for the edge card, it should be edge card plus one other promo and thats all.

[quote name='ajh2298']You got lucky they should not combine the two promos, (25% Power Trade and the $5.00 coupon being the two promos) plus your 10% for the edge card, it should be edge card plus one other promo and thats all.[/QUOTE]

I think since power trade is an ongoing promo, they allow coupons with it. For example, there was a coupon going on a few months ago for 20% off a used game when pre-ordering certain games (or something to that effect) and they let me do that with power trade too.

[quote name='jetsaredim']I think since power trade is an ongoing promo, they allow coupons with it. For example, there was a coupon going on a few months ago for 20% off a used game when pre-ordering certain games (or something to that effect) and they let me do that with power trade too.[/QUOTE]

Well wish me luck than because I am trading in a copy of Madden tomorrow and I made sure I am taking a printout of the e-mail with me.

[quote name='ajh2298']You got lucky they should not combine the two promos, (25% Power Trade and the $5.00 coupon being the two promos) plus your 10% for the edge card, it should be edge card plus one other promo and thats all.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ajh2298']Well wish me luck than because I am trading in a copy of Madden tomorrow and I made sure I am taking a printout of the e-mail with me.[/QUOTE]

Update:

Would not let me combine both promos today when I traded in my copy of Madden 10 for the 360 the guy tried and said the computer would not let him stack it.

I think it depends on who you have do it. I was able to get one of the guys to price adjust a previously traded-in copy (two actually) of Batman, but when I tried to use both at trade-in time I was blocked by the computer as you say.

bread's done
Back