GS: Buy GH Aerosmith for $9.99 and get wired Xplorer Guitar Free (360)- YMMV?

beniah

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Didn't see this deal specifically posted-

For a limited time at Gamestop pick up GH Aerosmith for 30$ and get a new Xplorer guitar for free. I didn't ask about PS3 so I don't know if it applies- also I'm not sure how long the deal will run.

However, GH Aersosmith is not that cool in my opinion...unless you really like the band. Its about 80% Aerosmith songs :)

Peace

(edit: I picked up this deal plus GH III for $15 as the used deal of the week. 2 GH games + a new Guitar for 45$ = Cheap Ass!)

Last edited by a moderator:
They sell those guitars used for $20 right? I guess that makes this especially worth considering for those wanting a new guitar.

Also, does this apply only to new copies of GH:A?

The wired Explorers are like the ps2 red guitars pretty reliable. The wireless les pauls seem to give out after a while because of the detachable neck. I wish it wasn't the Aerosmith version. I already bought it for the Ps3. I beat it packed it back up and returned it for a refund to CC before they went bankrupt. I have no desire to buy Aerosmith for $30, but I do want an explorer guitar and GH 2 and GH 3. I wonder if I can get the deal and return Aerosmith to a different GS.

i know its not new but if your not interested in GH:aerosmith a used GH:WT guitar which is pretty awesome imo is only 29.99 and if you use your edge and the revolving 10% off used coupon its only like 23

Yea I have a GHWT guitar for the Ps3 and it broke within two months. While it was working it was the best guitar I ever had. I just don't want to take a chance on a used one. I'm just going to do this deal tomorrow and see if I can return just the game. Hopefully I can get a free guitar and buy GH2 and GH3 with the money I get back from the return.

This deal works for the Guitar Hero World Tour Complete Bundle($169), Guitar Hero Aerosmith(Game Only $29.99) and Guitar Hero Aerosmith Bundle($89 Maybe?! Still a nice deal! XBox360 Only Though! Guitar Hero III and Rock band are on sale for the week though for 14.99 each on both systems(PS3) as well, but I'm sure this will expire very soon!

This deal has been going on for about 3 weeks near me. Buy Any Rock Band, Guitar hero game (Bundle or New game) and get a free xploer Guitar. Also you can get it with some used games. I think this has been posted already though.

I'm in Phoenix Arizona .

[quote name='david12795']Whats the best type of guitar to use?[/quote]
(360 perspective)

Depends really.

My Girlfriend loves the Xploer from Guitar hero 2.

I personally like the wireless RB2 fender.

Most girls I know tend to like the GH3 wireless Paul.

No one in my group likes the GH:WT guitar. Though I do like tapping the beat rather then strumming but that only works in GH:WT.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can try this, but it would be considered dirty in my book and probably a lot of others as well. A friend of mine did it.

He bought the GH:A game and got the free guitar. He asked for gift receipts. Since you get a gift receipt for each item instead of the entire transaction, he went to another store and returned the game for store credit for future use without a problem. Got a free guitar basically.

Once again, probably a douche move to do, but to each his own I guess.

Yea it depends. I personally think Ps3 Les Pauls suck. The Wii ones are a lot better. Not sure about 360 ones. The red Ps2 guitar is very reliable. The Xplorer is like the red guitar, but its for the 360. The GHWT was my favorite the strum bar was sturdy and a bit longer for a better grip. That said mine didn't last long before it broke. I'm not a fan of the RB strats. If your GS has used guitars try em out and see if you like the feel of them.

[quote name='NismoZZzz']You can try this, but it would be considered dirty in my book and probably a lot of others as well. A friend of mine did it.

He bought the GH:A game and got the free guitar. He asked for gift receipts. Since you get a gift receipt for each item instead of the entire transaction, he went to another store and returned the game for store credit for future use without a problem. Got a free guitar basically.

Once again, probably a douche move to do, but to each his own I guess.[/quote]
It's not a douche move. It's fraud.

I don't think its dirty or fraud. These guitars should be $20 new. I think they are $40. They're obviously trying to get rid of them, but like usual GS finds a cheap way to do it. No one wants the Aerosmith game. These guitars came out with GH2 they should be way cheaper. Maybe if Aerosmith was $20, but not $30. I think the deal should've been any GH game. GS doesn't care about these guitars. They're just in the back collecting dust.

Bumping up this thread since the Gamedays post says this deal still applies to Aerosmith. Can anyone tell me where this deal is written? Because I know when I bring up Aerosmith for $10 and mention this deal they won't wanna give me a damn thing without any proof.

[quote name='speedrunner17']I don't think its dirty or fraud. These guitars should be $20 new. I think they are $40. They're obviously trying to get rid of them, but like usual GS finds a cheap way to do it. No one wants the Aerosmith game. These guitars came out with GH2 they should be way cheaper. Maybe if Aerosmith was $20, but not $30. I think the deal should've been any GH game. GS doesn't care about these guitars. They're just in the back collecting dust.[/quote]

It is fraud and it is dirty. "There is no such thing as a free guitar."

Just because you think they sell them for too much doesn't justify this.

[quote name='Togepy']Bumping up this thread since the Gamedays post says this deal still applies to Aerosmith. Can anyone tell me where this deal is written? Because I know when I bring up Aerosmith for $10 and mention this deal they won't wanna give me a damn thing without any proof.[/quote]
Same here. Is it really 360 only?

Been to several gs, all said no such deal

do they just scan and the guitar come up free as bundle or any promotion code they need to put it in? is it ymmv?

just call your local gamestop, thats what i did and they confirmed that the deal is still going. just hope there is no stupid manager saying that it will not work with the gamedays deal, thats what im worried about when i go tomorrow to pick it up

I'll be calling my GS in the morning to see if this works near me. It would be nice to get the game and a free guitar for $10 (thanks to the Game Days sale)

Got the GH:A gameday deal tonight with the guitar and it was still in the system. I just looked at the flyer though and it says "Game Only" so, I don't think it is going to last long.

My gamestop wouldn't let me get the guitar with the GH:A gamedays deal. He said it was double stacking and that its not allowed.

[quote name='Organ Donor']I'll be calling my GS in the morning to see if this works near me. It would be nice to get the game and a free guitar for $10 (thanks to the Game Days sale)[/quote]

DO NOT CALL! NEVER CALL :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

Hit the store locater and called up one of my Gamestops to see if the deal was legit. I first asked if the promotion for a free wired controller if you bought GH: Aerosmith was still going on, then I asked if there was a copy of GH: Aerosmith. Manager said yes to both and said that it was a good deal, so I went in about 15 minutes later and grabbed one of the last copies of GH: Aerosmith and a free controller.

[quote name='MooHawk']Worked for me with the 10$ Aerosmith game.[/quote]

way to go! post on sd, one of the fastest ways to kill a deal!:applause::applause::applause:

So people are getting a 360 Xplorer guitar with a PS3 GH:A game? Not exactly a working combination unless you already have a PS3 guitar to use with the game. Anyhow. Free is free :D

[quote name='eau']So people are getting a 360 Xplorer guitar with a PS3 GH:A game? Not exactly a working combination unless you already have a PS3 guitar to use with the game. Anyhow. Free is free :D[/quote]

Guitar Hero Aerosmith is for all systems. You buy Guitar Hero Aerosmith (360 Version) and you get the 360 Xplorer Guitar.

I was referring to people buying the PS3 GH:A game because it's on GameDay sale. So people are walking out with the combo for $10 :)

I went to three GS in the morning, they said the deal was still valid, 2 stores where sold out of Guitars, last store had it :)

I was able to get the guitar and aerosmith $8.99. Good deal. I did not need the guitar though so i traded it in to hollywood video for $15 credit.

Just to confirm, East Brunswick, NJ at the Brunswick Square Mall gave me no problems with giving me the free guitar with the Game Days $10 Aerosmith game.

Just got back from gamestop and was able to pick up two copies of Aerosmith and got two guitars free. I then traded the two copies of the game right back to them and got $10. The lady working at the counter was shocked that it worked and promptly got herself a combo. All in all a very good deal!

[quote name='david12795']So this will not work with a PS3, correct? :([/quote]

Did they make a wired Xplorer for the PS3?

Think man!

[quote name='lobo louie']http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=64515

is this the guitar they are giving away with this promo?[/quote]

photo0221t.jpg

yes :D

photo0224.jpg

guitar hero teh sex...

I can confirm as well. The douches behind the counter at the first GS I stopped at had no idea what I was talking about, but the second had signs advertising the deal everywhere. I grabbed a copy of the game and a guitar for myself. The lady behind the counter was pretty shocked that it worked, and promptly bought one for herself too.

Later on, my roommate went by and got a combo for himself plus a copy of Guitar Hero III, so now we each have a guitar.

[quote name='Organ Donor']took advantage of this deal today :) The game rang up $9.98 and the guitar rang up $.01.. Can't beat that.[/QUOTE]

Uh oh, I can see it now. How long before someone tries to return the game for $9.98?

bread's done
Back