GS/EB: $10 off when you buy 2 USED PSP games $14.99 or More *EXP June 7, 2007*

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']it might, YMMV. Gamepro coupons worked for me...

link fixed, I think.[/quote]
Not fixed, no.

I just went directly to the link, downloaded the image, and uploaded it to ImageShack.

Much easier.

My lame ass GS/EB wouldn't let the GI coupon stack with b2g1 so I don't they will do the same with this. Why do they even have these coupons during b2g1....I mean if you are going to buy two games then you might as well get the free one instead of just saving 10....it just makes NO sense unless they stack it.

[quote name='ChuckyDJ']So this is for in store as well as online? There isn't a barcode.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the bottom of the email says the offer is good ONLY in-store even though there is a coupon code.

[quote name='expane']and GS/EB has gone w/ a 80% no case no book policy for used PSP games[/quote]
Could you go more into detail? In store or online?

[quote name='kevzik']Could you go more into detail? In store or online?[/QUOTE]

its a user experience + insiders leaking info their hear.

basically walk into any EB and look at the PSP section, those annoying generic cases everywhere.

online is like playing craps, the house eventually wins, and they barely have any used PSP games online anyway

[quote name='expane']and GS/EB has gone w/ a 80% no case no book policy for used PSP games[/QUOTE]
All the portable games are like that. The handhelds lend themselves to that because people generally put them into some sort of portable storage medium rather than the original case, so those get lost. The GBA is by far the worst, basically nothing has cases.

Well, GBA games don't really have "cases" -- just flimsy cardboard boxes, so it's not surprising that they get lost or ruined most of the time.

Damn I wish had looked at that e-mail sooner. I had to return the ps3 I bought from someone online to Game Stop cause it arrived non-working but it had a warranty. Since it was a 20 GB I had to take credit at $499.99 and repurchase a $599.99 60 GB new system.

I'm going to take my receipt and the e-mail coupon back tomorrow and hopefully they'll give me a free controller :)

[quote name='expane']its a user experience + insiders leaking info their hear.

basically walk into any EB and look at the PSP section, those annoying generic cases everywhere.

online is like playing craps, the house eventually wins, and they barely have any used PSP games online anyway[/quote]

really well maybe thats why they acually stop takeing trades on ones with out cases at the store by me.

A guy at EB told me that they throw out the cases for DS games that get traded in..

That they don't want to waste the shelf space by having used game boxes

It wouldn't surprise me if some of them did the same thing for psp

[quote name='Robobandit']A guy at EB told me that they throw out the cases for DS games that get traded in.[/quote]

I've noticed that this can vary wildly by store.

Some stores in my area have very few generic cases for DS and PSP. Others, well, that seems to be about all they have.

Stores that have tons of generic cases don't get much of my business.

A guy at EB told me that they throw out the cases for DS games that get traded in..

That they don't want to waste the shelf space by having used game boxes

Time to Dumpster dive behind a EB/GS! The guys at Gamecrazy gave me a 20 cases for XBOX with inserts and booklets that they were gonna chuck..I never have enough XBOX cases.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']Time to Dumpster dive behind a EB/GS! The guys at Gamecrazy gave me a 20 cases for XBOX with inserts and booklets that they were gonna chuck..I never have enough XBOX cases.[/quote]

Nice one. I always ask at eb/gamestop for xbox cases to buy but they never give in. I never go to gamecrazy but maybe its worth a shot.

[quote name='blandstalker']

Stores that have tons of generic cases don't get much of my business.[/quote]

Agreed,

fuck Gamestop and their raping of video games for us collectors. I'm a guy who likes complete/mint games. You go to gamestop and look for a used game and they're $2-$5 cheaper than a brand new one and they rape you of the cover, instruction book and there's scratches all over the disc. And they get pissy with you when you ask them to see the condition of the game.

Me:Can I see the condition of this game?
Gamestop slave worker: Oh there's a 90 day guarentee on used games.
Me: I don't give a fuck, I like my games mint and would like to see the condition of this game.
Gamestop slave worker: But there's a 90 day guarentee on used games.
Me: fuck you *storms out of store*

Wow, this is fantastic! I've been hemming and hawing over some older titles, anyway, but I'll have to scout and see if they'll bite on this + the B2G1 deal. Hmmmmmm.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Agreed,

fuck Gamestop and their raping of video games for us collectors. I'm a guy who likes complete/mint games. You go to gamestop and look for a used game and they're $2-$5 cheaper than a brand new one and they rape you of the cover, instruction book and there's scratches all over the disc. And they get pissy with you when you ask them to see the condition of the game.

Me: I don't give a fuck, I like my games mint and would like to see the condition of this game.
Me: fuck you *storms out of store*[/QUOTE]

GS/EB's polices enrage me

I always check the condition before I buy them but rarely do I buy used games, thus 95% of my games are mint flawless if opened..they've been cool when I asked to inspect the discs.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']fuck Gamestop and their raping of video games for us collectors. I'm a guy who likes complete/mint games. You go to gamestop and look for a used game and they're $2-$5 cheaper than a brand new one and they rape you of the cover, instruction book and there's scratches all over the disc. And they get pissy with you when you ask them to see the condition of the game.[/quote]

I've seen "new" copies in this condition.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Agreed,

Me: fuck you *storms out of store*[/quote]

Funny story because its not true. Used games there have a 7 day guarantee. And no one FORCES you to buy games with no cases/books so quit bitching about it. I have been in line when customers like you are there and I can almost guarantee you your attitude at the start with the employee is bitter and pissed bc you are there. Its amazing what kind of service you can get when you are cool to the people at the store.

Not to get too off topic but you said there was a coupon for a free sixaxis with purchase of a PS3, could you post that coupon too?

Apparently I'm like 12 hours late to catch that deal at Circuit City...

Thanks

[quote name='THoward7382']Funny story because its not true. Used games there have a 7 day guarantee. And no one FORCES you to buy games with no cases/books so quit bitching about it. I have been in line when customers like you are there and I can almost guarantee you your attitude at the start with the employee is bitter and pissed bc you are there. Its amazing what kind of service you can get when you are cool to the people at the store.[/quote]

Somebody must work at Gamestop.... :roll:

Everyone's agreed with me but you.

And I know for a fact used games have more than a 7 day guarentee, I'm pretty sure it's 90 unless they changed it. Maybe 30, but not 7. N00b probably signed up just to defend Gamestop.

In fact looking at your post history you have two posts and both of them are defending Gamestop. What are you the CEO or some shit? If you're a minimum wage employee defending it then you're just ignorant. They force their minimum wage workers to sell sell sell and pay them no commishion for it. There is no reason to defend that place unless you're a Regional manager or someone important.

Gamestop is the wal-mart of video game stores. It's shit. Don't really care if you love it enough to defend it or not, you won't find many people defending it with you.

I posted this in the B2G1 thread, but combining the coupon with that deal does not appear to work. The guy typed in the coupon but said the computer wouldn't let them combine.

Sucks the coupon doesn't combine.

As fas as no cases go, GS should charge less for the game if it is incomplete, like its sister company Movie Stop does for disc only movies.

[quote name='Stingermck']

As fas as no cases go, GS should charge less for the game if it is incomplete, like its sister company Movie Stop does for disc only movies.[/quote]

agreed.

So no luck combinging it. Man, that sucks. Although it doesn't say anywhere on the coupon that it can't be combined with any other offers. I'll talk to one of the guys I know at my local GS and see if it works.

[quote name='THoward7382']-- The new games that are opened. Grow up people. Just because its been opened does not mean its been played. I have bought many games over the years that are opened because it was the stores last copy. And you know what its only new for that 5 seconds it takes you to pop it in your machine because after that its a used game. Thats a lot of money to waste on that five seconds. And the guys at my local store always show me the disc on the new games that are opened just to show me that its not used.

-- Customer Service. If I walk into a store and no one says anything to me that makes me feel like my business is unwanted at a store. People need to be greeted when they walk in. It makes them feel welcomed.

Yes I am an EB loyalist and will always be one .[/QUOTE]

wow you really just pwned yourself as a complete tool. You need cash register clerks up your butt to feel welcomed? ROFL seriously

[quote name='icruise']It doesn't really matter since buying 2 and getting 1 free is the better deal in every case.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily true...they had 2 psp games I wanted and not other games I wanted at the time. Both games were 17.99, less the 10%, less the 10 bucks...I ended up with two games for under 24 dollars...whereas three games would have cost me an additional ten dollars. They really didn't have any other 17.99 games I wanted...so while b2g1 may usually be the better deal, this is not always the case.

Yeah, but my point was that you'll always get the better per-game price with the B2G1 deal. The games in your example would have been $10.79 apiece instead of $12. I guess if you absolutely can't find a third game you want (or can trade with someone), it could be useful, but not otherwise.

bread's done
Back