GS/EB Ad for 10/17 - 10/24 w/ Coupon - Buy 2 Get 1 Free All Used Games and Acc.

dcyphr

CAG Veteran
Thanks again to jp0213 for getting me the ad and coupon early!

--------------------------------------------------------------

GS/EB Coupon FAQs - thanks oscargrouch
  • Coupon is valid in store (B&M Locations) only, it does not work online
  • Just print the coupon, not the whole ad
  • Coupon can be printed from this thread by clicking the image to expand, right clicking on the image, selecting view image, then pressing print
  • Edge cards will stack with coupon
Link to Ad: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/upcoming/pdf/olfsi_101708.pdf

---------------------------------------------------------------

Coupon of the Week - Buy 2 Get 1 Free All Used Games and Accessories

EBC3006657.jpg

Used Deal of the Week
Subject to Availability. No Rainchecks.

Wii Play >>>> Wii >>>> $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)

Little Big Planet - Available 10/21/08

Little Big Planet >>>> PS3 >>>> $59.99
Exclusive God of War Sticker and Costume Pack w/ Pre-Order - Includes Minotaur, Medusa, and Kratos

Little Big Planet Strategy Guide >>>> $19.99

Price Drops

Guitar Hero >>>> PS2 >>>> $19.99 (Was $39.99)

Guitar Hero II >>>> PS2 >>>> $19.99 (Was $39.99)

Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s >>>> PS2 >>>> $19.99 (Was $49.99)

Izuna 2: The Unemployed Ninja Returns >>>> DS >>>> $19.99 (Was $29.99)

Rock Band Bundles >>>> 360/PS3/Wii >>>> $139.99 (Was $169.99)

Rock Band Bundles >>>> PS2 >>>> $119.99 (Was $169.99)

Now Available

Golden Axe: Beast Rider >>>> 360/PS3 >>>> $59.99

Blitz: The League II >>>> 360/PS3 >>>> $59.99

Combat Wings: Battle of Britain >>>> PC >>>> $19.99

Coming Soon

Rubik's World >>>> DS >>>> $29.99 Available 10/29/08

Bratz Kidz: Slumber Party >>>> DS >>>> $29.99 Available 11/26/08

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories >>>> PS2 >>>> $29.99 Available 12/3/08

TinkerBell >>>> DS >>>> $29.99 Available 10/22/08

The Last Remnant >>>> 360 >>>> $59.99 Available 11/21/08

Build-A-Bear Workshop >>>> Wii >>>> $39.99 Available 10/22/08

Ben 10: Alien Force >>>> Wii >>>> $39.99 Available 10/29/08

Ben 10: Alien Force >>>> DS/PS2/PSP >>>> $29.99 Available 10/29/08

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Deals

20% Extra Trade-In Credit When You Trade-In Any Games Toward the Reservation or Purchase of Fable 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonus Offers

Need For Speed: Undercover >>>> 360/PS3/PS2/PSP/PC/Wii/DS
Gamestop Exclusive Need For Speed Undercover Calendar w/ Pre-Order

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Limited Edition >>>> PS3
Includes:
  • Soundtrack CD
  • Steelbook Case
  • Collectible Cards
  • Laser Cel
Plus Storm Pack 01 Includes the Legendary First Hokage and New Exciting Ultimate Mission to Engage w/ Pre-Order

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Miscellaneous

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 Collector's Edition >>>> PS3
Includes:
  • PS3 Version of Game
  • Collectible Steel Cage Packaging
  • Exclusive WWE Blu-ray Disc
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 >>>> 360/PS3 >>>> $59.99
Bonus Cooler Bag w/ Pre-Order

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 >>>> Wii >>>> $49.99

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 >>>> PS2/PSP >>>> $39.99

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 >>>> DS >>>> $29.99

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling that this thread is going to fucking explode before the end of the coupon life span. Of course, many people will be saving money because of the new games coming out. They are probably using this to clear stock for all the games people will trade in to get the new games.

ummm

MLB the show 2008 psp

toy shop ds 14.99

River King: Mystic Valley 14.99

Puzzler Collection 12.99 but at another store : (

if i got the first 3 games what would the extra 10% come off

would it be 32.98 or 47.97

3 or 28.19 or 29.96

I might have to try to get to the place as soon as they open.

MLB the show 2008 psp. river king and toy shop for 30 sounds nice

they would all have to come complete though what is very doubtful

Where is the guy who always posts in these threads fearing that the coupons were gonna get worse... this is one of the best coupons yet!!!

B2G1! Love it.

[quote name='zman73']Where is the guy who always posts in these threads fearing that the coupons were gonna get worse... this is one of the best coupons yet!!![/quote]

LOL! True. And we just had that weekend B2G1 not too long ago. Yes, the deals at GS are getting worse!

Much better coupon... I'll hold off on my doom prophecies for at least another week.

This coupon may actually make me take some road trips, in order to round up a couple of the harder to find games in one location.

EDIT: You see I was actually trying to be nice, but on the basis of one quality coupon in the face of 3 crappy ones back to back you guys are ready to go river dancing? Hey be my guess, and dance away. Until I see a string of good coupons, my sentiments are the same.

Believe what you want to believe. But this is what I see. As far as the last couple of weeks of coupons went, if you had a cell phone with a camera on it, then the coupons were not worth the wait.

Either way, I'm just happy that we got a great coupon this week. The percentages are still off unless you buy similarly priced games, but at least the option is there this time.

Peace

~JGA

BTW: jp, Thanks, I appreciate you being civil.

Thanks jp0123 and dcyphr. Someone had mentioned this in another thread but I didn't want to steal your thunder. Anyways you guys always provide the coupon and it's always appreciated.

Now where is whymustiregister? ;)

ouch was looking at spending 30 now its probally going to be 60 if all are complete

MLB the show 2008 psp
Final fanatsy 2 PSP

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

32.38 after 10% discount

Toy shop
RIVER king
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

total 59.37 or 9.89 each.... Would be very nice to grab these 4 games and come up with 2 more complete games

[quote name='Jiggadabaptist']
BTW: jp, Thanks, I appreciate you being civil.[/quote]

????? Just curious. Not sure why I was mentioned. Your welcome too, just a little confused.

[quote name='Access_Denied']We can mix games and accessories together right? Cheapest one is free?[/quote] That is correct.

[quote name='emg28']Thanks jp0123 and dcyphr. Someone had mentioned this in another thread but I didn't want to steal your thunder. Anyways you guys always provide the coupon and it's always appreciated. [/quote] I appreciate the thanks and appreciation. All of it should go to dcyphr though. He puts the threads up most of the time, I'm just the information mule. Anyone could do it, I used to do it for myself and kind of just sit on the information but once I seen dcyphr was doing this weekly I figured I'd pass the information to him and go from there.

Well I'm probably going to abstain from this coupon personally. I was able to get Fracture used this week though, I might return/rebuy. Don't know though. There are 3 huge games coming out soon and I'm going to be devoting most, if not all of my time to those games. Just a fact of how it goes. Also, I was on a kick of collecting games just to collect them. I wasn't going to play half of them. That's just not what I need to be doing with my money. My video game spending this year has gotten completely out of hand, my spending tab can attest to that, and I'm taking control over it.

I'm only getting games that I've either played and loved the demo or it's a series I have enjoyed in the past. Starting January 1st I have a monthly budget of $120 on games/accessories. Needs to be done so things don't get out of hand on me again.

EDIT: You see I was actually trying to be nice, but on the basis of one quality coupon in the face of 3 crappy ones back to back you guys are ready to go river dancing? Hey be my guess, and dance away. Until I see a string of good coupons, my sentiments are the same.
Er...yeah...how about 4 good coupons and one bad one? Just because YOU don't want the 20% coupons doesn't mean they aren't good. Let's be honest here.

Believe what you want to believe. But this is what I see. As far as the last couple of weeks of coupons went, if you had a cell phone with a camera on it, then the coupons were not worth the wait.
Well, thanks for sharing your opinion. Not everyone wants to give Cellfire their cell number, or they don't have the ability to get the pic onto their camera, though, so once again, just because they weren't of use to you doesn't mean they were crap.

Well here is my recommendations on games if you are looking for ones by price point, for the 360. I either own or have played these games and love them. Use at your own risk.

$54.99
Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition
Madden 09
Soul Calibur IV
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
Rock Band 2
Fracture

$49.99
Grid
Too Human
Halo 3

$44.99
Lego Batman
Battlefield: Bad Company
Lego Indiana Jones (Might drop soon because of the Kung Fu Panda bundle)
Call of Duty 4

$39.99
Grand Theft Auto IV

$34.99
Army of Two
Bioshock
Rainbow Six: Vegas 2
Unreal Tournament 3
Gears of War
Lost Odyssey

$29.99
Virtua Fighter 5

$26.99
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Half-Life 2: Orange Box
Burnout Paradise

$24.99
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Shivering Isles (Not entirely a deal with it being on sale for 1600 MS points until the end of October, but might be good filler.)
Mass Effect
FEAR Files

$19.99
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
The Godfather
Assassin's Creed
Timeshift
Burnout Revenge
Star Trek: Legacy

$17.99
Viva Pinata
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga
Beautiful Katamari
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2
Lego Star Wars II: Original Trilogy
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Spider-man: Friend or Foe
FlatOut Ultimate Carnage
Sain'ts Row
Overlord
Dead or Alive 4

$14.99
F.E.A.R.

$12.99
Crackdown
Splinter Cell: Double Agent

$9.99
Quake 4

This is insanely wacky. I gotta say I'm happy with GS' coupons. Although, I gotta say I prefer the 25% coupons the best-- sure, the whole store's contents don't qualify and the savings aren't as much, but it's so much more flexible. Now I gotta find games to match up the exact price points to get the best savings.
EDIT: Anyone notice that it says up to five free games? Which, equals to having purchase 15 games total. They really want you to go apeshit with the coupon. :lol:

Might get

Eternal Darkness
Warioware mega party inc
luigi's mansion?

or

Mario kart wii
mario galaxy
Wario ware smooth moves.

I doubt ill get all 3 wii games

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']This is insanely wacky. I gotta say I'm happy with GS' coupons. Although, I gotta say I prefer the 25% coupons the best-- sure, the whole store's contents don't qualify and the savings aren't as much, but it's so much more flexible. Now I gotta find games to match up the exact price points to get the best savings.
EDIT: Anyone notice that it says up to five free games? Which, equals to having purchase 15 games total. They really want you to go apeshit with the coupon. :lol:[/quote]

Agree with the 25% coupon comment...and you can tell that the economic is really bad when GS needs to clear their inventory by supplying us with "good" coupon almost every week. They need the liquid.

Wow, not bad, as long as you can find enough items of equal or near-equal price to make it worthwhile, as we've long discussed and noted.

It would be nice to find a gamestop with 3 complete and good condition copies of Marvel v. Capcom 2 for PS2, for example. Extremely unlikely though, LOL.

Just curious. In Cheapy's thread, it doesn't mention you need a coupon for B&M. Is it a given that you'll need the coupon to B2G1 in store?

[quote name='bob330i']Just curious. In Cheapy's thread, it doesn't mention you need a coupon for B&M. Is it a given that you'll need the coupon to B2G1 in store?[/quote]

Yup you need the coupon. Because there's a UPC code on it and a coupon code, so they either need to scan it or punch that code in for the computer to apply the coupon.

They just did that to have a chance at winning the giveaway lol. See all the lurkers come out of the woodwork whenever there is some contest.

[quote name='karkyco']It would be nice to find a gamestop with 3 complete and good condition copies of Marvel v. Capcom 2 for PS2, for example. Extremely unlikely though, LOL.[/quote]

lol, good luck with that. Finding even two copies at a store for the XBox version is hard enough, finding three of the PS2 version is pretty much impossible... unless you live out in the boonies somewhere and get very lucky.

Just making sure as I haven't done a B2G1 in quite awhile at Gamestop. There computer system still automatically gives you the best deal, correct?

[quote name='schuerm26']Just making sure as I haven't done a B2G1 in quite awhile at Gamestop. There computer system still automatically gives you the best deal, correct?[/quote]

I don't believe it ever did, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Say I wanted to buy NBA 2k9, NCAA 09, & 1 other game that was the same price but i didn't really want. Can I take back that other game I didnt want and get credit for it? Would I just get 66% of the price back?

[quote name='schuerm26']Just making sure as I haven't done a B2G1 in quite awhile at Gamestop. There computer system still automatically gives you the best deal, correct?[/quote]

Dont think so.

$19.99
$19.99
$17.99

$17.99 one is free, not one of the $19.99.

[quote name='DrNo888']Dont think so.

$19.99
$19.99
$17.99

$17.99 one is free, not one of the $19.99.[/quote]

I think what he means to say is:

You get one 19.99 and one 17.99 free vs. two 17.99s free.

I believe the coupon would still only give you the two 17.99s free unless you did separate transactions.

[quote name='GuardianE']I think what he means to say is:

You get one 19.99 and one 17.99 free vs. two 17.99s free.

I believe the coupon would still only give you the two 17.99s free unless you did separate transactions.[/quote]

It used to be that in your example you would get a 19.99 free and then a $17.99 free. The computer would automatically give you the best deal. I don't know if it has changed since I havn't used anything but a coupon in a long time and those limit you to 3 most of the time.

Oh right, I just read the coupon again. Limit 5 free items!
Wow! But then again, probably wont find that many games in one store to max the coupon in one transaction.

Can I buy a used game at 1 gamestop, return it at another, and then rebuy that returned game with 2 others right there to make the coupon work? Is there a waiting period to buy that returned game again?

[quote name='JohnLa101']Can I buy a used game at 1 gamestop, return it at another, and then rebuy that returned game with 2 others right there to make the coupon work? Is there a waiting period to buy that returned game again?[/quote]

You should be able to do it. I have even had clerks offer that to me before. Shouldn't be a problem.

[quote name='schuerm26']You should be able to do it. I have even had clerks offer that to me before. Shouldn't be a problem.[/quote]

Thanks for the answer, happy hunting everybody.

[quote name='zman73']Where is the guy who always posts in these threads fearing that the coupons were gonna get worse... this is one of the best coupons yet!!![/quote]
You could say they got worse in the sense that you usually did not used to need a coupon for B2G1F. But yes this is a great coupon. edit (what I mean is I would prefer a coupon in addition to the B2G1F without a coupon). Just being technical, not complaining, as I said this is a great coupon.

bread's done
Back