GS/EB Ad for 10/17 - 10/24 w/ Coupon - Buy 2 Get 1 Free All Used Games and Acc.

dcyphr

CAG Veteran
Thanks again to jp0213 for getting me the ad and coupon early!

--------------------------------------------------------------

GS/EB Coupon FAQs - thanks oscargrouch
  • Coupon is valid in store (B&M Locations) only, it does not work online
  • Just print the coupon, not the whole ad
  • Coupon can be printed from this thread by clicking the image to expand, right clicking on the image, selecting view image, then pressing print
  • Edge cards will stack with coupon
Link to Ad: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/upcoming/pdf/olfsi_101708.pdf

---------------------------------------------------------------

Coupon of the Week - Buy 2 Get 1 Free All Used Games and Accessories

EBC3006657.jpg

Used Deal of the Week
Subject to Availability. No Rainchecks.

Wii Play >>>> Wii >>>> $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)

Little Big Planet - Available 10/21/08

Little Big Planet >>>> PS3 >>>> $59.99
Exclusive God of War Sticker and Costume Pack w/ Pre-Order - Includes Minotaur, Medusa, and Kratos

Little Big Planet Strategy Guide >>>> $19.99

Price Drops

Guitar Hero >>>> PS2 >>>> $19.99 (Was $39.99)

Guitar Hero II >>>> PS2 >>>> $19.99 (Was $39.99)

Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s >>>> PS2 >>>> $19.99 (Was $49.99)

Izuna 2: The Unemployed Ninja Returns >>>> DS >>>> $19.99 (Was $29.99)

Rock Band Bundles >>>> 360/PS3/Wii >>>> $139.99 (Was $169.99)

Rock Band Bundles >>>> PS2 >>>> $119.99 (Was $169.99)

Now Available

Golden Axe: Beast Rider >>>> 360/PS3 >>>> $59.99

Blitz: The League II >>>> 360/PS3 >>>> $59.99

Combat Wings: Battle of Britain >>>> PC >>>> $19.99

Coming Soon

Rubik's World >>>> DS >>>> $29.99 Available 10/29/08

Bratz Kidz: Slumber Party >>>> DS >>>> $29.99 Available 11/26/08

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories >>>> PS2 >>>> $29.99 Available 12/3/08

TinkerBell >>>> DS >>>> $29.99 Available 10/22/08

The Last Remnant >>>> 360 >>>> $59.99 Available 11/21/08

Build-A-Bear Workshop >>>> Wii >>>> $39.99 Available 10/22/08

Ben 10: Alien Force >>>> Wii >>>> $39.99 Available 10/29/08

Ben 10: Alien Force >>>> DS/PS2/PSP >>>> $29.99 Available 10/29/08

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Deals

20% Extra Trade-In Credit When You Trade-In Any Games Toward the Reservation or Purchase of Fable 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonus Offers

Need For Speed: Undercover >>>> 360/PS3/PS2/PSP/PC/Wii/DS
Gamestop Exclusive Need For Speed Undercover Calendar w/ Pre-Order

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Limited Edition >>>> PS3
Includes:
  • Soundtrack CD
  • Steelbook Case
  • Collectible Cards
  • Laser Cel
Plus Storm Pack 01 Includes the Legendary First Hokage and New Exciting Ultimate Mission to Engage w/ Pre-Order

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Miscellaneous

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 Collector's Edition >>>> PS3
Includes:
  • PS3 Version of Game
  • Collectible Steel Cage Packaging
  • Exclusive WWE Blu-ray Disc
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 >>>> 360/PS3 >>>> $59.99
Bonus Cooler Bag w/ Pre-Order

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 >>>> Wii >>>> $49.99

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 >>>> PS2/PSP >>>> $39.99

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 >>>> DS >>>> $29.99

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='schuerm26']Just making sure as I haven't done a B2G1 in quite awhile at Gamestop. There computer system still automatically gives you the best deal, correct?[/quote]

They charge the 2 most expensive items, and give the least expensive item, pretty much how any b2g1 works anywhere I've been (aside from one really lucky time).

the computer will give u the best deal. If you buy

you get a 19.99 and a 14.99 free. it will put together the groups of 3 to your benefit

[quote name='J7.']You could say they got worse in the sense that you usually did not used to need a coupon for B2G1F. But yes this is a great coupon. edit (what I mean is I would prefer a coupon in addition to the B2G1F without a coupon). Just being technical, not complaining, as I said this is a great coupon.[/quote]

True. On the other hand, we just had that weekend B2G1. Everyone always complains that the B2G1 offers are too far apart, and now, we get two of them within a month's time.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']True. On the other hand, we just had that weekend B2G1. Everyone always complains that the B2G1 offers are too far apart, and now, we get two of them within a month's time.[/quote]

Techincally the last one was B2G1 Free Weekend Offer [advertised instore and online with flyers/stands/posters]

This one is a B2G1 Free WEEK Coupon and coupons are usually only for people who subsribe to their e-mail newsletter so its a little different.

[quote name='TomoyoN']Techincally the last one was B2G1 Free Weekend Offer [advertised instore and online with flyers/stands/posters]

This one is a B2G1 Free WEEK Coupon and coupons are usually only for people who subsribe to their e-mail newsletter so its a little different.[/quote]

That's what I just said. A weekend B2G1. And no matter how we get them, it's a B2G1 sale, which we usually have to wait months for.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Er...yeah...how about 4 good coupons and one bad one? Just because YOU don't want the 20% coupons doesn't mean they aren't good. Let's be honest here.

Well, thanks for sharing your opinion. Not everyone wants to give Cellfire their cell number, or they don't have the ability to get the pic onto their camera, though, so once again, just because they weren't of use to you doesn't mean they were crap.[/quote]

Here you go again... This will be my last comment on this subject until the next coupon.

Whatever your opinion is on the subject doesn't nullify mine. If you want to quote facts then here is a simple fact a 25% coupon takes more off of a single item than a 20% coupon. That is all that I was saying. You can debate all you want about the ease of picking up games for different systems, and the functionality that it offers. that's fine, but I'm not playing that game. There is nothing that you can say that will make a 20% coupon better than a 25% coupon. The fact that you would even attempt to argue that on THIS site seems even sillier.

Is a 20% coupon good? Yes.
If they kept the same conditions, but instead gave us 25% off, would that be even better? Most definitely!!!

Are you seriously going to attempt to argue that point? If so then I'd say that you came to the wrong place.

As far as the Cell phone. Once again, someone not having a cell phone, or not having a friend with a cell phone, or even being adventurous and trying to print out the coupon in no way negates that the Cellfire coupon, made the other coupon meh.
Why? Because it was practically the same thing (Outside of the coupon that included accessories), and on top of that it lasted longer. Honestly it would be similar to someone complaining about not getting the extra 10% because they don't want to get an edge card. Your money, and your life, do with it what you will. I'm just saying that the coupons were very similar, and therefore not that impressive to me, as it didn't provide us with anything in addition to what we already had.

If you found the regular coupon good for you, then great use it. I just voiced what I felt about it, You're more than welcome to disagree with me, but don't argue with me about facts, as that really does seem silly. I mean honestly there is nothing really to argue about. 25% is better than 20%! Whatever 20% coupons we received, a 25% one that shared the same restrictions would have been better! Argue against that if you so choose, I'm not responding. Have a great day, or great night.

jp, you were mentioned and thanked for being civil, because I thought that your comment about this thread exploding was in reference to this topic, if it wasn't then give me back my thanks... And I'll save it for later. (Joking with you of course.) Either way I appreciate your input, and what you add to the GS thread.

To get back on topic, this coupon has the potential to be wonderful, and hopefully someone trades in some of the 2nd string big hitters before this coupon is done, such as Fable 2, Spiderman WoS, or Far Cry 2... I can only hope...

Catch you cheap chaps tomorrow, I'm going to bed.
Happy hunting.

Peace

~JGA

Whatever your opinion is on the subject doesn't nullify mine.
That's funny coming from you, because all across these topics, you act like your opinion can nullify everyone else's. How odd. At the end of the day, if we're going to piss back and forth about opinions, you need to look at what the majority opinion is saying. Considering you and a handful of others were the only ones consistently complaining, while everyone else was taking advantage of the coupons, I'd they were good coupons.

And please, are you seriously still complaining about 5%? You keep acting like because there have been better coupons, all of the other ones suck. If they had a 75% off coupon one day, and then offered a 70% off coupon, would you honestly bitch about it? Come on. The coupons are good. They are better than "$5 off a used game when you buy Soul Caliber for $60."

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']That's funny coming from you, because all across these topics, you act like your opinion can nullify everyone else's. How odd. At the end of the day, if we're going to piss back and forth about opinions, you need to look at what the majority opinion is saying. Considering you and a handful of others were the only ones consistently complaining, while everyone else was taking advantage of the coupons, I'd they were good coupons.

And please, are you seriously still complaining about 5%? You keep acting like because there have been better coupons, all of the other ones suck. If they had a 75% off coupon one day, and then offered a 70% off coupon, would you honestly bitch about it? Come on. The coupons are good. They are better than "$5 off a used game when you buy Soul Caliber for $60."[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the other guy is an idiot.
Historically, 25% off have been for the coupons for single systems, or "family" of systems, such as PS2, PS3 and PSP. 20% have usually been for "every system" coupons.
I really, really don't know why he's bitching. 25% coupons are rad because it's an extra 5%, but so are the 20% considering you get your choice of system.

[quote name='Cheapass24']Looking to Get Star Wars Force Unleashed , Disagea 3, and Heavenly Sword[/quote]

I think you wanted the OTHER thread, bro. The only thing you'll win here is an over-ripened asparagus.

You would be surprised. They rarely actually check those things out.

[quote name='Jiggadabaptist']jp, you were mentioned and thanked for being civil, because I thought that your comment about this thread exploding was in reference to this topic, if it wasn't then give me back my thanks... And I'll save it for later. (Joking with you of course.) Either way I appreciate your input, and what you add to the GS thread.[/quote]

Well I was meaning the exploding apart about how nice it is to have a B2G1 sale, even if it is with a coupon. Historically those threads tend to get large. That comment was made BEFORE cheapyd stole the thunder of this thread, with his big giveaway thread. We beat him by about an hour or so. (Just kidding cheapy, don't ban me.)

When it comes to the "discussion" about the weekly coupons, I've pretty much come to the conclusion that we have different opinions on them, which is fine. I just don't want to contribute to the, and no offense is meant by this, pissing match that goes back and forth each week. One group says, another says this. Most people who come to these threads don't want to read it and I understand that. I actually thought we were going to make it through this one without it but someone mentioned "where's the guy complaining" and that just set it off.

I'm not blaming anyone for the coupon debate in each thread, I'm just not going to be a huge part of the discussion week after week. I will however read them and enjoy because both sides make good points.

[quote name='Jiggadabaptist']jp, you were mentioned and thanked for being civil, because I thought that your comment about this thread exploding was in reference to this topic, if it wasn't then give me back my thanks... And I'll save it for later. (Joking with you of course.) Either way I appreciate your input, and what you add to the GS thread.[/quote]

Well I was meaning the exploding apart about how nice it is to have a B2G1 sale, even if it is with a coupon. Historically those threads tend to get large. That comment was made BEFORE cheapyd stole the thunder of this thread, with his big giveaway thread. We beat him by about an hour or so. (Just kidding cheapy, don't ban me.)

When it comes to the "discussion" about the weekly coupons, I've pretty much come to the conclusion that we have different opinions on them, which is fine. I just don't want to contribute to the, and no offense is meant by this, pissing match that goes back and forth each week. One group says, another says this. Most people who come to these threads don't want to read it and I understand that. I actually thought we were going to make it through this one without it but someone mentioned "where's the guy complaining" and that just set it off.

I'm not blaming anyone for the coupon debate in each thread, I'm just not going to be a huge part of the discussion week after week. I will however read them and enjoy because both sides make good points.

O Man, As much of the back log I have, I feel I have to many games already, I still think I have to bite and get some B2G1. I am off work all next week with a Hernia Operation, so I am thinking getting 3 out of the following on 360

Orange Box
Fear Files
Turok
FrontLines Fuel for War
Viking

Can I do the Buy 2 Get 1 free offer at different stores so that I can find stores that have the used games I want ?? The coupon says limit 5 free games but I am having trouble finding the games I want at one store.. I would like to use this offer to the fullest.

The coupon says 1 per customer. Does that mean ONLY 1 PER CUSTOMER ever ? Or 1 per customer at each store that you would like to use it at ? Or 1 per customer per day ?? or ??

Anyone that can answer here would be appreciated ? Cheapy ?? Mods ?? JP ??

It sounds like Gamestop and CAG are getting closer as to marketing etc so I am hoping someone can give me an answer that is in the know or even one of you Gamestop Associate CAGERS !?!

THANKS !!

Oh wow, I just noticed the 5 free games! Buy 10 Get 5 Free! Of course, the free ones are going to be the equal or lesser value games, but still amazing!

I'm going to go for all the last gen. games!

[quote name='Xfactor4']Can I do the Buy 2 Get 1 free offer at different stores so that I can find stores that have the used games I want ?? The coupon says limit 5 free games but I am having trouble finding the games I want at one store.. I would like to use this offer to the fullest.

The coupon says 1 per customer. Does that mean ONLY 1 PER CUSTOMER ever ? Or 1 per customer at each store that you would like to use it at ? Or 1 per customer per day ?? or ??

Anyone that can answer here would be appreciated ? Cheapy ?? Mods ?? JP ??![/quote]

Kinda. Let's say you're looking for Saints Row 2 ($54.99 used).

At store #1, buy what you want and a game you kinda like such as:

Fracture - $54.99
NHL 09 - $54.99
Pure - $54.99

Then at the store you find Saints Row 2, exchange one of those 3 games for it. It shouldn't be much of a problem.

[quote name='typeRJ']Kinda. Let's say you're looking for Saints Row 2 ($54.99 used).

Fracture - $54.99
NHL 09 - $54.99
Pure - $54.99

Then at the store you find Saints Row 2, exchange one of those 3 games for it. It shouldn't be much of a problem.[/quote]

That is what I plan on doing since I doubt I will find one store with 3 of the games that I want used.

To answer the other question about 1 coupon per customer, I highly doubt that they will enforce that or keep track of if you used the coupon or not. I have used coupons at GS that say 1 per customer more than once on many occasions. If you go to a different store & have already used the coupon at a different store I don't think they will say you can't use this coupon.

[quote name='typeRJ']Kinda. Let's say you're looking for Saints Row 2 ($54.99 used).

Fracture - $54.99
NHL 09 - $54.99
Pure - $54.99

Then at the store you find Saints Row 2, exchange one of those 3 games for it. It shouldn't be much of a problem.[/QUOTE]

This is the way to do it. I know I have 4 Gamestop's in my area, and I've been told to do this if I want different games, and they don't care. You may have to fill out a form or something for the return, but for the most part, they don't care.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Oh wow, I just noticed the 5 free games! Buy 10 Get 5 Free! Of course, the free ones are going to be the equal or lesser value games, but still amazing!

I'm going to go for all the last gen. games![/quote]

Your math is a little off, my friend. It's buy 2 get 1 free, not buy 1 get 1 free.

[quote name='GuardianE']Your math is a little off, my friend. It's buy 2 get 1 free, not buy 1 get 1 free.[/quote]
No, his math is not off. If he said "Buy 5 get 5 free" then it's an indication of buy 1 get 1 free.

Buy 2 Get 1 Free x 5 = Buy 10 Get 5 Free

See what I'm getting at here?

Why does always seem like they raise the prices on the used games prior to these big sales? I may be wrong, but it seem like they raise them by at least 15%.

[quote name='GuardianE']Your math is a little off, my friend. It's buy 2 get 1 free, not buy 1 get 1 free.[/quote]

2 x 5 = 10
1 x 5 = 5

buy 10, get an additional 5 free -- total 15 games and/or accessories. How is his math off?

Edit: beaten by VGI-Shinobi.

[quote name='guessed']2 x 5 = 10
1 x 5 = 5

buy 10, get an additional 5 free -- total 15 games and/or accessories. How is his math off?[/quote]

It's not because I'm retarded and read it wrong. My bad, guys.

[quote name='Xfactor4']The coupon says 1 per customer. Does that mean ONLY 1 PER CUSTOMER ever ? Or 1 per customer at each store that you would like to use it at ? Or 1 per customer per day ?? or ??

Anyone that can answer here would be appreciated ? Cheapy ?? Mods ?? JP ??

It sounds like Gamestop and CAG are getting closer as to marketing etc so I am hoping someone can give me an answer that is in the know or even one of you Gamestop Associate CAGERS !?!

THANKS !![/quote]

On the coupon thing it seems to be YMMV on how often it can be used. Around here, I can use multiples of the coupons on different transactions at the same store during the same visit. Other people have mentioned how if the person remembers that they used the coupon before, they wont take the coupon. There is one store in town that if he remembers me using it once before in a week timeframe, he wont let me use another coupon.

If you go just by the the text, it says 1 per person. It used to say 1 per person per visit. They took the per visit off, so I'm assuming they only want you to use it once. Like I said though, it does seem to be YMMV on the policy on how often a particular coupon can be used. Just ask the associates at your local store and see what they say. From the stories I've heard from other CAGs, I feel blessed by how easy going my local associates are.

jp, no offense was taken by your comments. Actually far from it, as I said earlier I really do appreciate you being civil, no name calling, etc. I find it refreshing. :applause:

Moving along though I Picked up :360:Saints Row 2, along with :360:GTA 4, and :ps3:Lego Batman. I passed on Fracture, and Silent Hill, couldn't believe those games were traded in already though...

Earlier someone posted about the trade in 2 games and get a new game for $10:wii:or $20 :ps3::360:.
It kind of works well with this coupon if you can find multiples of the $17.99 games on the accepted trade in list.

Tiger Woods 08,
Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga

Or even some of the games from the target Clearance like
Bully, Skate, or Lost Odyssey.

It would work out to getting the newer games for about $40, decent for a brand new game, picked up on day one.

[quote name='Jiggadabaptist']Moving along though I Picked up :360:Saints Row 2, along with :360:GTA 4, and :ps3:Lego Batman. I passed on Fracture, and Silent Hill, couldn't believe those games were traded in already though...
[/quote]

Yeah good pickups there, although I do think you are missing out on a Fracture. Granted it's not the best game in the world, it's definitely worth picking up if you need another 54.99 game. I was able to get it super cheap, so I picked it up already.

[quote name='Jiggadabaptist']
Earlier someone posted about the trade in 2 games and get a new game for $10:wii:or $20 :ps3::360:.
It kind of works well with this coupon if you can find multiples of the $17.99 games on the accepted trade in list.

Tiger Woods 08,
Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga

Or even some of the games from the target Clearance like
Bully, Skate, or Lost Odyssey.

It would work out to getting the newer games for about $40, decent for a brand new game, picked up on day one.[/quote]

That was me in the trade in 2 get $10 thread.

[quote name='ScottBigGame']That was me in the trade in 2 get $10 thread.[/quote]

Yeah, I saw that post, and I was trying to find out more about it. Can you post what games it works for, or post a link to more info? Thanks.

I don't have a scanner here or my camera, but here goes:

For only $19.99:360::ps3: or $9.99:wii: by trading in 2 select games.

There are a ton of games you can trade about most games that have come out in the past 6 months but some of the cheap ones are:

StarWars Complete all systems
Oblivion 360
Bully 360/wii
MLB2K8 360
MUA gold 360

There are probably a few other titles that are on sale for $24.99 or less that you could use in the b2g1 sale but i dont know them all especially the wii games.

The games you can get:

Fallout 3
Fable 2
GH World Tour
Saints Row 2
Rock Band 2

There are others 16 total for 360 or PS3 and 7 for wii.

You could save at least $10-$15 if you can get a good flip.

[quote name='ScottBigGame']I don't have a scanner here or my camera, but here goes:

For only $19.99:360::ps3: or $9.99:wii: by trading in 2 select games.

There are a ton of games you can trade about most games that have come out in the past 6 months but some of the cheap ones are:

StarWars Complete all systems
Oblivion 360
Bully 360/wii
MLB2K8 360
MUA gold 360

There are probably a few other titles that are on sale for $24.99 or less that you could use in the b2g1 sale but i dont know them all especially the wii games.

The games you can get:

Fallout 3
Fable 2
GH World Tour
Saints Row 2
Rock Band 2

There are others 16 total for 360 or PS3 and 7 for wii.

You could save at least $10-$15 if you can get a good flip.[/quote]

Thanks for posting the info. Hopefully they don't try to claim that SW Complete no longer qualifies. Looks like I may get GHWT and/or RB2 after all (I'm already getting Fable 2 and Fallout 3 through pre-orders).

Here is a scan of the Trade in accepted list.
The WII list is kind of hard to read, and my scanner is pretty crappy.
It's a JPEG so you can expand it, and it should get clearer.
Sorry...

GSTRADEInList.jpg

[quote name='jp0213']Yeah good pickups there, although I do think you are missing out on a Fracture. Granted it's not the best game in the world, it's definitely worth picking up if you need another 54.99 game. I was able to get it super cheap, so I picked it up already.[/quote]

Fracture is awful, it also tanked in sales. I expect it to be 39.99 in a month.

The online play is non existent :(

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Fracture is awful, it also tanked in sales. I expect it to be 39.99 in a month.

The online play is non existent :([/quote]

I'd agree with the quick drop, but I thoroughly enjoyed the game. I will admit the online is pretty much non-existent, but multiplayer isn't the true measure of a game. I picked it up for $20 off of Craigslist so I was pleased with that price.

Great Deal thanks, but one question who would actually pay for wii play without the controller lol :)

[quote name='dcyphr']Thanks again to jp0213 for getting me the ad and coupon early!

Used Deal of the Week
Subject to Availability. No Rainchecks.

Wii Play >>>> Wii >>>> $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)
----------------------------------------------------------------------[/quote]

I'm glad this thread is staying open this time, as it was impossible to find discussion about what deals people were finding last time as Cheapy's thread got spammed with people wanting to win the gift cards.

At any rate, someone already turned Dead Space in at mine so I Cellfired it. Will probably pick up a few PS2 jrpgs later with the B2G1. I'm glad it's good on up to 5 free titles this time...great deal.

I couldn't get myself to buy any of the $49.99 and up games but I was tempted to. I got some cheapies to hold me over till Fallout/GH/Gears 2 ect. come out.

All Xbox360
Simpsons
Far Cry
FIFA 08

$34.32 after tax

[quote name='forumreader']I'm glad this thread is staying open this time, as it was impossible to find discussion about what deals people were finding last time as Cheapy's thread got spammed with people wanting to win the gift cards.

At any rate, someone already turned Dead Space in at mine so I Cellfired it. Will probably pick up a few PS2 jrpgs later with the B2G1. I'm glad it's good on up to 5 free titles this time...great deal.[/quote]

I think the only reason this thread is staying open is probably because of the weekly ad information.

Here's what I've done so far -

1st store

Traded in -

Star Wars TFU PS3 - $37.45 after edge + bonus
Lego Batman PS3 - $32.50 after edge + bonus
Carnival Games Wii - $20.40 after edge + bonus
Geometry Wars Wii - $11.60 after edge + bonus

Total trade-in credit $101.95

Bought with B2G1 coupon -

Silent Hill Homecoming PS3
Madden '09 PS3
NBA 2K9 PS3

Total purchase price $98.98

2nd store

Traded in -

Madden '09 PS3 - $38.83 after edge + bonus
Silent Hill Homecoming PS3 - $36.63 after edge + bonus

Total trade-in credit $75.46

Bought with B2G1 coupon -

Star Wars TFU PS3
Lego Batman PS3
Mario Super Sluggers Wii

Total purchase price $89.98

So, I ended up with my Star Wars TFU PS3 & Lego Batman PS3 back + got NBA 2K9 PS3 & Mario Super Sluggers Wii. I got rid of Carnival Games & Geometry Wars Wii + $11.55 cash. Madden & Silent Hill were just pawns in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back