GS/EB Ad for 10/17 - 10/24 w/ Coupon - Buy 2 Get 1 Free All Used Games and Acc.

dcyphr

CAG Veteran
Thanks again to jp0213 for getting me the ad and coupon early!

--------------------------------------------------------------

GS/EB Coupon FAQs - thanks oscargrouch
  • Coupon is valid in store (B&M Locations) only, it does not work online
  • Just print the coupon, not the whole ad
  • Coupon can be printed from this thread by clicking the image to expand, right clicking on the image, selecting view image, then pressing print
  • Edge cards will stack with coupon
Link to Ad: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/upcoming/pdf/olfsi_101708.pdf

---------------------------------------------------------------

Coupon of the Week - Buy 2 Get 1 Free All Used Games and Accessories

EBC3006657.jpg

Used Deal of the Week
Subject to Availability. No Rainchecks.

Wii Play >>>> Wii >>>> $14.99 (Reg. $19.99)

Little Big Planet - Available 10/21/08

Little Big Planet >>>> PS3 >>>> $59.99
Exclusive God of War Sticker and Costume Pack w/ Pre-Order - Includes Minotaur, Medusa, and Kratos

Little Big Planet Strategy Guide >>>> $19.99

Price Drops

Guitar Hero >>>> PS2 >>>> $19.99 (Was $39.99)

Guitar Hero II >>>> PS2 >>>> $19.99 (Was $39.99)

Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s >>>> PS2 >>>> $19.99 (Was $49.99)

Izuna 2: The Unemployed Ninja Returns >>>> DS >>>> $19.99 (Was $29.99)

Rock Band Bundles >>>> 360/PS3/Wii >>>> $139.99 (Was $169.99)

Rock Band Bundles >>>> PS2 >>>> $119.99 (Was $169.99)

Now Available

Golden Axe: Beast Rider >>>> 360/PS3 >>>> $59.99

Blitz: The League II >>>> 360/PS3 >>>> $59.99

Combat Wings: Battle of Britain >>>> PC >>>> $19.99

Coming Soon

Rubik's World >>>> DS >>>> $29.99 Available 10/29/08

Bratz Kidz: Slumber Party >>>> DS >>>> $29.99 Available 11/26/08

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories >>>> PS2 >>>> $29.99 Available 12/3/08

TinkerBell >>>> DS >>>> $29.99 Available 10/22/08

The Last Remnant >>>> 360 >>>> $59.99 Available 11/21/08

Build-A-Bear Workshop >>>> Wii >>>> $39.99 Available 10/22/08

Ben 10: Alien Force >>>> Wii >>>> $39.99 Available 10/29/08

Ben 10: Alien Force >>>> DS/PS2/PSP >>>> $29.99 Available 10/29/08

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Deals

20% Extra Trade-In Credit When You Trade-In Any Games Toward the Reservation or Purchase of Fable 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonus Offers

Need For Speed: Undercover >>>> 360/PS3/PS2/PSP/PC/Wii/DS
Gamestop Exclusive Need For Speed Undercover Calendar w/ Pre-Order

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Limited Edition >>>> PS3
Includes:
  • Soundtrack CD
  • Steelbook Case
  • Collectible Cards
  • Laser Cel
Plus Storm Pack 01 Includes the Legendary First Hokage and New Exciting Ultimate Mission to Engage w/ Pre-Order

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Miscellaneous

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 Collector's Edition >>>> PS3
Includes:
  • PS3 Version of Game
  • Collectible Steel Cage Packaging
  • Exclusive WWE Blu-ray Disc
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 >>>> 360/PS3 >>>> $59.99
Bonus Cooler Bag w/ Pre-Order

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 >>>> Wii >>>> $49.99

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 >>>> PS2/PSP >>>> $39.99

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 >>>> DS >>>> $29.99

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
any idea when the next buy 2 get 1 free will be when was it last year i assume this one is different cause it is with a coupon required instead of the normal one with no coupon needed

Picked up:

Dragon Quest 4 DS
God of War: CoO PSP
Lego Batman DS
Infinite Undiscovery 360
Kirby Super Star Ultra DS
FFF: Chocobo's Dungeon Wii
Super Paper Mario Wii
SW: Force Unleashed PSP
Several "filler" games to complete sets of 3.

I was able to pick these up across 4 GSs. I will only use the coupon again if I am able to get new release games. :D... and yes, I do have a huge backlog. I'm a game whore. ;)

Just scored Dead Space, Saints Row 2 and Rockband 2...couldn't believe my luck. Even passed on a copy of Pure used....all 360.

Still can't find a copy of SR2....Found some decent stuff but didn't make the plunge since I already have Dead Space and the other things I have seen.

Maybe I will get lucky and find a copy of the new Spiderman or maybe a Midnight Club before Thursday. doubt it but I am still hoping there are a lot of rich kids around here that play the game to beat it then trade it in after they are done for the 25 GS credit.

wow this is a really good deal... i'm thinking about trying to find a used nba 2k9, Hell's highway and Star wars unleashed for ps3

[quote name='joshnorm']Still can't find a copy of SR2....Found some decent stuff but didn't make the plunge since I already have Dead Space and the other things I have seen.

Maybe I will get lucky and find a copy of the new Spiderman or maybe a Midnight Club before Thursday. doubt it but I am still hoping there are a lot of rich kids around here that play the game to beat it then trade it in after they are done for the 25 GS credit.[/quote]

There are several used copies of SR2 for both 360 and PS3 in my area. I still haven't picked one up since there aren't any other games in that price range that I want (to complete a set of 3). Hopefully, someone trades in a copy of Fable 2, Bioshock PS3 or Eternal Sonata PS3 before the coupon ends. If someone doesn't I will just pick it up with the Cellfire coupon (20% off + Edge).

Also, not sure if this has been mentioned but this coupon ends on 10/24 (Friday). Don't GS coupons usually run Friday through Thursday? I have a feeling that we might have problems using the coupon on Friday. Hopefully, I am wrong since it gives people an extra day to trade in new release games. :D

[quote name='emg28']Also, not sure if this has been mentioned but this coupon ends on 10/24 (Friday). Don't GS coupons usually run Friday through Thursday? I have a feeling that we might have problems using the coupon on Friday. Hopefully, I am wrong since it gives people an extra day to trade in new release games. :D[/quote]

If it had been mentioned, I missed it. Thanks for pointing that out. I just assumed it ends Thursday as usual.

Hah, I was able to find a used copy of Dead Space still around me (midtown Manhattan), so I decided to spring on the deal with two copies of UT3 on 360, which is only $34.99 used; bought one to give to a friend as a Christmas present and then the other so I can play online with him. It's surprisingly good.

[quote name='emg28']There are several used copies of SR2 for both 360 and PS3 in my area. I still haven't picked one up since there aren't any other games in that price range that I want (to complete a set of 3). Hopefully, someone trades in a copy of Fable 2, Bioshock PS3 or Eternal Sonata PS3 before the coupon ends. If someone doesn't I will just pick it up with the Cellfire coupon (20% off + Edge).

Also, not sure if this has been mentioned but this coupon ends on 10/24 (Friday). Don't GS coupons usually run Friday through Thursday? I have a feeling that we might have problems using the coupon on Friday. Hopefully, I am wrong since it gives people an extra day to trade in new release games. :D[/quote]

It was probably a typo on GameStops end. Always worth a shot, and if they dont give it to you, point out the expiration date on the coupon itself.

wow, found a gamestop that had Okami and God of War 2. Tacked on RE4 for the trifecta of ps2 games to feed to my ps3. I havent seen Okami in any of my local GS in the last 2 months ive been looking.

Despite my backlog of a trillion games, I could not resist. Got following. I had owned some of these games in past but had traded them. Wanted them back!

Dead Space :360:
Saints Row 2 :360:
Silent Hill Homecoming :360:

Tales of Vesperia :360:
Soul Calibur 4 :360:
Sid Meier's Civilization :360:

Legend of Zelda :wii:
Mario Sluggers :wii:
Super smash bro brawl :wii:

Mario Kart :wii:
Hot shots golf :ps3:
Bully :360:
Shadow of Rome :ps2:

Last four games were paired with BB flips

[quote name='emg28']Also, not sure if this has been mentioned but this coupon ends on 10/24 (Friday). Don't GS coupons usually run Friday through Thursday? I have a feeling that we might have problems using the coupon on Friday. Hopefully, I am wrong since it gives people an extra day to trade in new release games. :D[/quote]

[quote name='jp0213']It was probably a typo on GameStops end. Always worth a shot, and if they dont give it to you, point out the expiration date on the coupon itself.[/quote]

I was just noticing that myself this morning. As far back as I can remember, coupons have always run Friday through Thursday, but this one runs through tomorrow (Friday). It does seem odd but I highly doubt its a typo because they most likely would have noticed by now and corrected the coupon. Although I suppose it could have been a typo and they just decided to roll with it. Either way, one extra day for us.

Perhaps they've decided to alter their coupon cycle to a Friday through Thursday setup. Guess we'll see when the next coupon arrives.

Yeah, I almost forgot to find the information last week. Forgot it was Thursday. No matter what it is though, I highly doubt this weeks coupon will be met with the enthusiasm this one has.

So my local EB has the following in stock:

Fable 2
Saints Row 2
Silent Hill Homecoming
Blitz the League 2

One further down 95 has Fry Cry 2.....

So I might just up FC2 and return to the one up here with the Fable 2 and SR2 and use the coupon.

Either way I will be using the coupon now! :)

I actually havent used this coupon at all. I may just go browse during lunch today and see if anything interests me. Gotta a huge backlog and I shouldnt be buying anymore games since the prices will be lower in a few months when I clear my backlog. Right, like that will ever happen haha. (clearing my backlog that is).

Anyone got any recommendations for good obscure PS2 or GCN games?

So last week was a great coupon...I hope this one sucks. I don't need to spend the money. I was only able to use the last one because I got two paychecks last week. Don't have that kind of luck again til next week.

I spoke to my regular GS manager in NYC.

Today was the last day for this coupon. And then he said it won't matter because tomorrow is going to be a buy 2 get 1 free anyway without the coupon. The b2g1 will only be for the weekend.

I guess by us using this coupon, it was kind of a "first dibs" for newsletter subscribers? I hope he is correct.

Would love to score a Dead Space.

They are probably trying to clear out all those games they have got and will get in for the releases of Fallout 3, Fable II and Gears of War 2. I till haven't been able to get the new ad and coupon yet. Still looking.

Update: Weekly coupon is a trade-in deal for PSP and DS games. Information has been forwarded to dcyphr.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jiggyteddy']I spoke to my regular GS manager in NYC.

Today was the last day for this coupon.[/quote]

Actually this coupon is good through 10/24 which is tommorrow ! ;)

bread's done
Back