GS/EB Deals and Trade In Prices

allout1986

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
MODS please sticky.

I'll try to keep this thread as updated as possible. As new deals come around for each marketing period (usually once a month), this thread will be updated with the info. Also, if you have any trades that you recently did with Gamestop or EB Games, please post the game and the trade in value so we can keep up to date on the Wiki.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deals Running from 7-26 to 8-15

$30.00 trade credit on NCAA 07 if put toward Madden 07 (Any system) Expires 9-10-06

Trade in Xbox system get $80 dollars toward Madden 07 & 360 system

Trade any 1 of 14 listed titles, get a $20 trade credit towards a reservation or purchase of Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus

List of qualifying trade titles:
Black
Black
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Digital Devil Saga
Far Cry: Instincts Evolution
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Godfather
Halo 2
Ikaruga
Legend of Heroes
Magna Carta: Tears of Blood
Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time
Metroid Prime Hunters
Onimusha Dawn of Dreams
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 4
Shadow Hearts
Shadow Hearts: From the New World

[quote name='jimbo12457']The 20% extra towards madden might be good

Thanks for posting
Let us know if anyone finds if its true[/quote]

The deals are true, I need a confirmation on the end date. I know marketing ends on Tuesdays, and I think I remember it being the 15th.

[quote name='allout1986']The deals are true, I need a confirmation on the end date. I know marketing ends on Tuesdays, and I think I remember it being the 15th.[/quote]

Oh ok, thanks

I posted these in the other thread, but I don't see that so...

iconps2_r2.gif
Indigo Prophecy - $8
iconps2_r2.gif
Marc Ecko's Getting Up - $5
iconps2_r2.gif
Firefighter F.D. 18 - $11

Firefighter wasn't complete, and I didn't see anybody selling a case/manual so I got rid of it.

I updated the CAGwiki with the last few pages of stuff from the previous thread. I have a feeling our job will get ALOT easier from now on :rofl:. At least the CAGwiki will serve as a reality check for anyone thinking of trading their games into GS/EB. (To be fair, there are a few good prices - they give pretty good credit for the top of the line GH titles like FF X, God of War, Lego Star Wars, etc).

I have a question for anybody that purchased Marvel vs. Capcom 2 at EB/GS. On the receipt it says "today you saved $x.xx buying preplayed", but what does it say for that game? Is there a negative number?

[quote name='jimbo12457']lol i just noticed that NCAA for 360 gets $28, so if u trade it in towards madden you get a whole $2 more!!!! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Well, that's the problem with these deals. Most of those games they want for FF VII DoC trade for nearly $20 anyway. Here are the latest prices we have for them:

Black - $17 - *current* - from GS web site
Black - $18 - 6/14/06
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - $15 - *current* - from GS web site
Digital Devil Saga
Far Cry: Instincts Evolution
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - $17 - *current* - from GS web site
Godfather
Halo 2 - $12 - 7/16/06
Ikaruga - $15 - 6/11/06
Legend of Heroes
Magna Carta: Tears of Blood - $22 - *current* - from GS web site!
Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time - $15 - *current* - from GS web site
Metroid Prime Hunters - $12 - *current* - from GS web site
Onimusha Dawn of Dreams
Resident Evil 2 - $16 - 7/3/06
Resident Evil 4 - $18 - *current* - from GS web site
Shadow Hearts - $18 - 5/31/06
Shadow Hearts: From the New World - $16 - 7/2/06
Shadow of the Colossus - $17 - 7/11/06
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne - $22 - *current* - from GS web site
SOCOM US Navy Seals Fireteam Bravo
Soul Calibur III
Suikoden V - $18 - *current* - from GS web site
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror - $16 - *current* - from GS web site
Tales of Legendia
Zone of the Enders: 2nd Runner - $10 - 6/1/06

If you are foolish enough to use Magna Carta or Nocturne you are LOSING money on the so-called "deal". Gee, I'm surprised they didn't throw Disgaea, Marvel vs Capcom 2, and Kingdom Hearts 2 in that list as well :roll:.

Is Far Cry Instincts Evolution the same game CC has on clearance? If so, that is probably a good one to use as it would be $8.96 there - and I think I've seen piles of them recently. Other than that (if that is the same game) there isn't much. And I don't even want Dirge of Cerberus *anyway*. If this was for FF XII I'd consider taking advantage of it though. EDIT - I'm thinking the Far Cry Instincts on sale at CC is NOT Evolution but the older one - so that's out. Sorry, don't know much about Xbox games :lol:.

I'll update the wiki with the prices displayed on the web site for the games that are part of the deal.

[quote name='io']Is Far Cry Instincts Evolution the same game CC has on clearance? [/QUOTE]
No, FarCry: Instincts is the CC clearance game. FarCry: Instincts Evolution is the sequel.

So, if i trade in NCAA 07 and reserve Madden 07, can i go back in about 3 or 4 days and just take that $30 credit off Madden and use it for something else?

EB/GS wants the rare games now, eh? Not all of them are rare, but $20 for Ikaruga, Nocturne or DDS? HA!

Not to mention that FFVII Dirge of Cerberus got universally panned by critics and gamers alike in Japan. Trying to cover their bets and get people to trade in rare games, killing 2 birds with 1 stone I see.

[quote name='TimPV3']I have a question for anybody that purchased Marvel vs. Capcom 2 at EB/GS. On the receipt it says "today you saved $x.xx buying preplayed", but what does it say for that game? Is there a negative number?[/quote]

I didn't get to the point where I bought it. My GS had a used copy of Marvel vs. Capcom 2, so I inquired about it (it was behind the counter, with the fresh trade-ins), and the girl told me it was $60. No case, no manual, one of their generic sharpie'd cases and it was probably scratched to high heaven. I passed.

[quote name='pete5883']Dirge of Cerberus is allegedly fixed up a bit for US release, though.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they dropped the difficulty on the game like Square did back in the SNES days for Final Fantasy VI.

That deal for Dirge of Cerberus sucks! I've played the Japanese version of Dirge and it is one of the worst games I have ever played, period. There is no way to make this game better, except maybe setting it on fire so you don't have to suffer the horrible gameplay. It sucks as a FPS and it sucks as a FF game, it just plain sucks all around. It's a shame to have such a peice of crap have the name Final Fantasy VII on it. I would never trade in any game to get Dirge, the only way I'm getting this game is if someone gave it to me for free just to complete my FF collection. The person at EB/GS responsible for this craptacular deal should be shot in the face and thrown off a plane with a parachute tied to his genitals.

edit: Thanks for the info anways OP. It's just maddening to me (no pun intended) to have a store take advantage of gamers by having you trade in games that are actually fun or decent for a piece of crap, because most gamers don't know how bad Dirge is, especially the people who only saw the CG movies from it.

[quote name='super_nerd']
edit: Thanks for the info anways OP. It's just maddening to me (no pun intended) to have a store take advantage of gamers by having you trade in games that are actually fun or decent for a piece of crap, because most gamers don't know how bad Dirge is, especially the people who only saw the CG movies from it.[/QUOTE]

Well, not to mention, as I pointed out, that even according to THEIR OWN WEB SITE, you are getting LESS money for a few of the (better and hard to find) games if you use this deal. That is highly criminal :lol:.

Went in and traded in two games:

GBA:
FF I & II: Dawn of Souls - $9

PS2:
DMC3: SE - $9

DMC I was expecting; FF: DoS I wasn't expecting.

[quote name='io']Well, not to mention, as I pointed out, that even according to THEIR OWN WEB SITE, you are getting LESS money for a few of the (better and hard to find) games if you use this deal. That is highly criminal :lol:.[/quote]

Yes, that is highly criminal indeed! Bring back the 3 for 10 deal!!!! I still need to pay off FF XII CE:D.

Trade in deals are okay (or just meh) most of the time...but...it's Buy 2 Get 1 Free sales that I like the best. :}

BTW: any idea when the next one is due?

wait..so what happened to the trade 3 for 10 deal? I thought the other thread said it was going on until august something. Today 2 stores told me it ended but one of em gave it to me anyways since yesterday they told me it was ongoing.
Traded in prices
Monkey Ball 1 (GC) $4
Heroes of Might and Magic (ps2) $3
Evergrace (ps2) $1
Got about $20 back after bonuses.

[quote name='STATIC3D']Trade in deals are okay (or just meh) most of the time...but...it's Buy 2 Get 1 Free sales that I like the best. :}

BTW: any idea when the next one is due?[/QUOTE]

It just happened, it was a coupon in the last Game Informer, so I'll predict the sale won't happen again for a few months at least.

I traded in my NCAA 07 xbox game today and got $25 for it. Plus the Extra 10% made it $27.50 so i would say screw putting the money down on madden unless you really want the extra $2.50

[quote name='schuerm26']I traded in my NCAA 07 xbox game today and got $25 for it. Plus the Extra 10% made it $27.50 so i would say screw putting the money down on madden unless you really want the extra $2.50[/QUOTE]

Could have always put it toward Madden and then switch the preorder.

[quote name='toneroni']wait..so what happened to the trade 3 for 10 deal? I thought the other thread said it was going on until august something. Today 2 stores told me it ended but one of em gave it to me anyways since yesterday. [/QUOTE]

It was thought that it would continue through August, but we found out in the other thread last night that it was an error and it did indeed end last night.

[quote name='GHardin']It was thought that it would continue through August, but we found out in the other thread last night that it was an error and it did indeed end last night.[/quote]
damn i had a bunch of other games at home i needed to trade in =/

Here are some games I traded in during the past week, if someone wants to update the wiki with them:

7/21
Crimson Skies (Xbox) - $1
Sudoku Gridmaster (DS) - $7
God of War (PS2) - $12

7/25
Halo 2 (Xbox) - $12
Trace Memory (DS) - $7
Meteos (DS) - $9

I'd be wary of trading in for Final Fantasy VII Dirge - the response at E3 was that it was total crap.

[quote name='Roufuss']Could have always put it toward Madden and then switch the preorder.[/quote]

Or i could use the credit today instead of having to come back just for $2.50

Seems the trade 3, get $10 deal was still on, at least at the EB I went to today. Here are my trades (motivated due to my topic of quantity vs quality): Add to the Wiki as needed:

PS2
Romancing Saga- $8
Crimson Tears- $3
Catwoman- $2
Shadowman 2- $1
50 Cent Bulletproof- $6
Driver Parallel Lines- $5
Devil May Cry 2- $4
Devil May Cry- $3
Tomb Raider: AOD- $2
Constantine- $2.50
Alien Hominid- $5
Ape Escape 3- $9
Def Jam Vendetta- $2
Stuntman- $1
Flow- $4
Future Tactics- $1
Tekken Tag- $2.50
Herdy Gerdy- $1
Xenosaga II- $8
Mark of Kri- $1
Tekken 4- $3
Tony Hawk's AW CE- $7
Hulk: UD- $7
Arc the Lad: Twilight- $2
Megaman X8- $5
God of War- $9
Fantavision- $1
Sphinx- $1

GC
NBA Street V3- $8

XBox
KOTOR II- $9
Punisher- $2

All but Sphinx were included in a 3 for $10 package, and the final total after trades, bonus and 10% with More Card was $241.50. I bought a DS Lite and New Super Mario Bros, with a $5 deposit on Disgaea 2.

bread's done
Back