GS/EB has RE4 PS2 Chainsaw controller new @ 19.99

laserdogg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Saw new price in store today and bought it. Only two of the 6 stores in my area even still have one.

Don't know if it's that great a deal but it sure is neat to look at.

Also have the GC version from Spencers awhile back

Nice find, thanks OP!

I like how each controller has a unique blood splattering on the chainsaw (at least on the three I looked at).

I'll have to be sure to stop by an EBGS I recall having a couple of those tomorrow. Just hope they were the PS2 version (although I would rather have the GC version if it dropped as well). Thanks OP.

Im a huge fan of the series... $20 seems like the price point for me, considering ill never use it. Anyone remember what the original msrp was for these?

[quote name='onikage']The GC Chainsaw Controller is $14.99 at EB/GS, I just bought one yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Was that the USED price maybe?

I know it was marked 19.99 at both of my stores NEW

Could be a YMMV I guess....usually GS/EB pricing is pretty consistent

[quote name='laserdogg']Was that the USED price maybe?

I know it was marked 19.99 at both of my stores NEW

Could be a YMMV I guess....usually GS/EB pricing is pretty consistent[/quote]

The one I bought was new. The PS2 and GC versions are probably just different prices. The GC one has been sitting on the shelves a lot longer, which could explain the difference.

I picked one up in the last clearance sale at Rhino. Its a cool item just to display for the RE geek. I actually have it in the office, since I can't stand controllers with cords. Didn't even bother to open it...

how does the controller feel itself? doesn't sound too good with the generic brand but 20 bucks eh? nuby tech.... lol

I started calling around and found one in the first GS I called!

Going to pick it up during my lunch break... I really should be working instead of dreaming about games...

Thanks OP!

In Maryland, picked up the PS2 Version for 19.99 from the Gamestop in Gaithersburg (they have one more left after mine). Then made a nice discovery of a Gamecube version for 14.99 at the Gamestop in Federal Plaza (Rockville). I picked up both because it's quite possible I am insane. Wheeeeee!

[quote name='xdl']Im a huge fan of the series... $20 seems like the price point for me, considering ill never use it. Anyone remember what the original msrp was for these?[/QUOTE]

$50 IIRC

I already have one of these, I keep one on my shelf out of the box. It always starts a conversion. "Why do you have a bloody chainsaw over there?"

slateman, I must have come in right when you were leaving cause I picked up the last one at the Gaithersburg GS and there was a guy bagging one as I came in.

Here's a really pathetic question- how the heck does one open the packaging on this thing?

Would love to pick one of these up, but I think my local stores are all out. If anyone knows of any in the Seattle/Tacoma area of WA, please let me know! :)

I too got mine after I had beat RE4 so it's still in the box, sealed (GC version). Nice snag of the GC one for $15. It usually carries a $35-$50 value on eBay (unless it's gone down).

Also, the same EB/GS I found the RE4 controller at also had the Xbox Street Fighter controllers marked down to $5.

I picked up an RE4 chainsaw for PS2 for $19.99. Minty. I had a dinged one but I traded it out at a different store. The kid just couldn't be bothered to swap it out, but I pressed the issue and he gave in. Horrible attitude. Meh. :roll:

Also grabbed one of the afforementioned SF 15th XB gamepads for $4.99. Not minty, but I'm going to use it anyways, so it matters not. Bonus. :cool: Also noticed the DQVIII slime controller is $19.99. I might have to go back and pick it up as I really liked Rocket Slime.

Alas, however, no GC chainsaws were to be found. Rats. I wanted that version more. :cry:

Just went to local GS and picked up my controller. Thanks again to OP!

I got the PS2 version and I noticed:
(1) The contoller is in that casing but has no outer "paper box", just wrap in lose plastic.
(2) The CAPCOM logo (golden plastic logo) on the front lower left of the case is upside down :roll:

Can anyone confrim this, or have I got ripped off?

Thanks!

1.) I wasn't even aware they sealed these in plastic. Perhaps your store shrink-wrapped theirs?

2.) I can't confirm that. The logo on my PS2 chainsaw is oriented properly. Could be legit, but it sounds suspicious.

You should check the top of the controller casing. If it is sealed, there will be a plastic strip towards the back w/ some scissors printed on it.

[quote name='Asgardian']Just went to local GS and picked up my controller. Thanks again to OP!

(1) The contoller is in that casing but has no outer "paper box", just wrap in lose plastic.
(2) The CAPCOM logo (golden plastic logo) on the front lower left of the case is upside down :roll:

Thanks![/quote]

While I dont think I got a fake controller as such (havent tested it though) seeing that it does have the "serial number" etc on it.

It is very strange that the case itself doesnt have any seal on it. The only seal I saw were that one on the top far-end which houses only the manual, and the draw with the cable. The main case lifts up with no seal at all, so if it didn't have any outter box or wrap, doesn't that mean someone can take out the controller and use it, etc?

I think I must have been "lucky" and got one with a inverted CAPCOM logo. When I have time later, I'll send nuby an email to see if they have anything to say.

All in all, I'm happy, I've been wanting to get this baby for sometime now!

PS: Mine was not shrink-wrapped, it was in a plastic warpping bag with sticky tape seal.

[quote name='jtmarsh']slateman, I must have come in right when you were leaving cause I picked up the last one at the Gaithersburg GS and there was a guy bagging one as I came in.

Here's a really pathetic question- how the heck does one open the packaging on this thing?[/QUOTE]

That's funny... I thought I felt the presence of another CAG'er :) To tell you the truth, I hadn't tackled the packaging yet :)

As far as packaging... the PS2 version does not come sealed in plastic. Its a composite plastic case that is easily damaged. The gamecube one came in an outer cardboard enclosure. Much better idea for collectors.

It's official. I must be retarded. I can't get this thing open (unless I have to break the adhesive seal, in which case I don't want to anyways).

That is the only seal I can see on mine as well (top, towards the back). The drawer won't open either, though.

While the drawer seem to be "stuck" you just need to yank it with minimum force to pull it out (it's "clicked" in).

Took me a few moments to figure how to open the main case too. You just gently yank the entire case upwards. If you look closely, you'll see slots on the base of the case where the top case clicks into.

EDIT: You dont have to break the top seal to open the main case! I did, but that's when I thought the entire back of the case flips opens... not true...

Anyone else have upside down CAPCOM logo??

I also noticed the RE4 sticker on top of my controller a little lose, and my controller have a LOT more blood splater than the pictures I've seen at IGN. Maybe I should track down another controller to compare side by side...

[quote name='fairtrade']It's official. I must be retarded. I can't get this thing open (unless I have to break the adhesive seal, in which case I don't want to anyways).

That is the only seal I can see on mine as well (top, towards the back). The drawer won't open either, though.[/quote]

Woohoo, only took three GS/EB to find the one I saw the PS2 controller at. Too bad I haven't seen a GC one in ages though. The Mortal Kombat PS2 controllers were also dropped to $4.99 so I picked up the Scorpion one as well.

I saw 2 of these at my gamestop. Some of them have them but may be hidden in the back...either you get a clueless employee or your in luck if they go in the back to check...

From IGNs review it looks like the PS2 chainsaw wins...although original GC RE 4 will always be superior initerms of lighting effects and resolution.

"In hand, the PS2 edition is heavier and much more comfortable to hold. The layout of the GC edition makes accessing the analog sticks a bit of a chore, especially the left thumb stick, which requires a strange half-twist of the thumb to utilize. The curved left handle and new button layout of the PS2 edition solves this problem, and makes the controller a far more realistic option for actual game-play. A final feature unique to the PS2 edition is NubyTech's new "N-Motion" technology: a fun, if not entirely practical, motion sensing technology in the chainsaw that allows a user to switch Leon from walking to aiming stance by tilting the chainsaw up and down."

"When all is said and done, it's not really much of a contest. The GC edition chainsaw was a cool new idea and a worthy collectible for Resident Evil fans. The PS2 edition refines the concept, adds new features, and takes a major leap forward in construction and presentation. NubyTech did a great job refining the design, and their attention to detail in producing the PS2 edition speaks very highly for the company's commitment to fans of the Resident Evil franchise."

I still have the RE2 controller with the right handle being a gun handle, so the R1 trigger feels like you're shooting a real gun in a way.
RE Controllers rock.

I picked one up yesterday at EBGames. As I walked up to the counter, the sales associate started chuckling to his co-worker "Man, someone is actually buying one of those?" I asked for a price check, and he said "$59.99, you know, like the label says. Didn't you see the price tag?" Then looks at his friend like I am some kind of a$$. I said; "Scan it". His response: "But I don't need to, it says $59.99 right there . I said "I know what it says, just scan it anyway, please". So he get all huffy and scans it...$19.99. And without saying a word, because he just got Pwned, asks me if I want it. I get it and as I'm leaving the store, I hear him say to his friend "Do me a favor and grab me one of those".

So funny!

An employee at one EBGS said he found a GC chainsaw for me and might be able to get it transferred to his store by next Friday. Hope it isn't open / used.

I would also be interested in a GC chainsaw, but not for much more than cost + ship (keeping in mind of course that packing the item properly would probably cost a few bucks extra).

[quote name='animemaniac14']so does anyone know how long $2.99 shipping from EBgames.com takes? like where exactly are they located...[/QUOTE]

Usually takes me anywhere from 5-7 days.

Picked up one of these last night. They had 2 stocked up on a shelf way up near the ceiling. When the guy brought it down it was all dusty. I noticed it there for a while and didn't buy it because of the price.

Now to slowly look for the GC one.

Is there any way of telling if this is in stock or not? When I search at the site it wont bring the product up so I have no clue how to check if in stock anywhere.

[quote name='Asgardian']I also noticed the RE4 sticker on top of my controller a little lose, and my controller have a LOT more blood splater than the pictures I've seen at IGN. Maybe I should track down another controller to compare side by side...[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, every chainsaw has a different pattern of blood spatter, so they are all unique in that regard.

[quote name='Asgardian']Just went to local GS and picked up my controller. Thanks again to OP!

Thanks![/QUOTE]
Maybe that one was used?

In my case, I bought a used PS2 RE4 controller for 7.99. At the time when I bought it, they didn't have a sku for a used RE4 controller so they just did a Used PS2 controller sku.

Annoyingly, it doesnt have that paper with Leon on it like it suppose to and I had to use Windex to clean it ....

bread's done
Back