GS/ EB Marketing 10/22 -> 11/11: Trade 2 PS3/360/Wii get $10 extended!

hysterisch

CAGiversary!
Just figure I'd post the two trade offers I remembered from the new Gamestop marketing that starts on Monday.

1) The trade 2 360/PS3/Wii games and get an extra $10 gets extended through Nov. 11. :D

The extra $20 for systems ends Sunday, 10/21! :cry:

2) Power trade: 20% extra for trades put towards Mario Party DS, Mario Galaxy or Super Smash Bros Brawl.

I'm too lazy to check the other offers (and I'll probably forget to check until Monday) so if any other GS employees want to post anything else of interest,....

nice cuz i got all three games for like 10$ and i can trade 2 and get more then 10$ and still have one left. sry but another question. can i trade in 2 one day and then come back another day and trade in another 2 ??

[quote name='Magic24']do they take the burger king games ?? so if i like trade in 2 burgerkings games ill get that 10$ with it ??[/QUOTE]

I think in the previous thread someone said the games must be worth at least $1 in trade in value in order to qualify for the $10 bonus, so I doubt they will work.

Thinking of taking Bioshock and Gears for the extra $10 thing to get Ratchet tomorrow so I don't have to pay for it.

Good/bad idea?

[quote name='whoknows']Thinking of taking Bioshock and Gears for the extra $10 thing to get Ratchet tomorrow so I don't have to pay for it.

Good/bad idea?[/QUOTE]

With two Triple A titles like that I'd rather eBay them and get maximum value. Gamestop banks on people bringing titles like that in.

[quote name='thericochet']With two Triple A titles like that I'd rather eBay them and get maximum value. Gamestop banks on people bringing titles like that in.[/QUOTE]
Bioshock looks to be only going for $30-$35 sadly otherwise I would.

I'd be taking that in disc only since I wouldn't have to want to track down the game with the slipcover in the future if I decided to get it again.

$uck ... Bioshock drop down $20 Credit today. Even extra 30% off toward Rockband didn't mean anything. I'll trade-in at GR tomorrow for $30 plus taxes. I'll trade-in copies halo 3 tomorrow for $70 + $10 + extra 30% rockband + extra 10% edge card.

[quote name='Masterkyo']$uck ... Bioshock drop down $20 Credit today. Even extra 30% off toward Rockband didn't mean anything. I'll trade-in at GR tomorrow for $30 plus taxes. I'll trade-in copies halo 3 tomorrow for $70 + $10 + extra 30% rockband + extra 10% edge card.[/QUOTE]
Guess I'm not trading it in, I thought it was more than that.

[quote name='dan31655']question about the bundle games that come with xbox 360. Can you actually trade these in or what?[/quote]

Well, I did. My 360 Pro bundle had Forza and Marvel as separate discs in the same case. There is also NO indication on the discs or manuals of them being part of any bundle (ie NOT FOR RESALE).

I always have extra blank DVD cases laying around, so I put the Forza disc and instruction manual into one and traded it in with no problems, and got $15 in credit for it on Monday.

According to the wiki, Marvel trades in at $5, so you could trade both Forza and Marvel to GS and get $30 with this promotion.

they accepted it, aslong as it's the newer game they should take it. I think i got 7 bucks for it, i forget.

[quote name='dan31655']they accepted it, aslong as it's the newer game they should take it. I think i got 7 bucks for it, i forget.[/QUOTE]

One of the idiotic GS here in Manhattan refused sports games (even tho it is over $1).

[quote name='coolflea216']Will MLB2k7 work or is that considered an outdated sports game?[/QUOTE]

I just traded mine in today (just bought it off eBay but was having problems saving in franchise mode, which a lot of people are having according to the 2ksports forum) and got $9 for it before bonuses and Edge.

I'd trade in MLB as soon as you can before the World Series ends and the price plummets even further.

Also traded in Phantasy Star Universe for $6.

I went to GS 4 hrs. ago to trade-in 2 copies Halo 3 (mine copy & my buddy copy) and Idiot employee rejected me.. can't do multi copy per trade. He tried to rangup single trade... i took the games back & left the store.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I went to GS 4 hrs. ago to trade-in 2 copies Halo 3 (mine copy & my buddy copy) and Idiot employee rejected me.. can't do multi copy per trade. He tried to rangup single trade... i took the games back & left the store.[/quote]

this is pretty standard i think. one time the guy said i could do multiple copies but on diff transaction, luckily i had a bunch of games to mix and match

I just traded in a bunch of games bought on clearance at Kmart, and made out big time with both the extra $10 plus 30% for a Rock Band reservation. The two deals wouldn't automatically stack though, but after some feet dragging on my part they carefully read the rules of the promos and decided they could override it.

Some updates for the WIKI:

Just Cause is now $6, down from 9
Viva Pinata is now $5, down from 7
World Championship Poker is now $4, down from 8

My total for the day was $153, from 10 games from Kmart bought for $60, plus two games I already owned. So as long as there is a new 10% off coupon in November I have Rock Band paid off entirely. Not too shabby.

Took Bioshock (disc only) and TMNT ($7).

I was going to take Gears, but they are only giving $15, and even though I've only played that game for like...an hour, I didn't really want to get rid of it.

can u get this offer with nba 2k7? ? it was 1$ trade in and i also brought need for speed most wanted but they would give me the 10$ extra.

[quote name='Magic24']can u get this offer with nba 2k7? ? it was 1$ trade in and i also brought need for speed most wanted but they would give me the 10$ extra.[/QUOTE]
If you mean they wouldn't give you the $10 then yeah, the site says anything with $1 Trade in value or less is excluded.

[quote name='blue_volvo']I just traded in a bunch of games bought on clearance at Kmart, and made out big time with both the extra $10 plus 30% for a Rock Band reservation.[/quote]
Does GS frown on removing your reservation money from one game to go towards another? I was considering doing the Rock Band thing, but then moving it over to COD4 after it came out. Would they take away my extra 30%?

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Does GS frown on removing your reservation money from one game to go towards another? I was considering doing the Rock Band thing, but then moving it over to COD4 after it came out. Would they take away my extra 30%?[/quote]
That should not be a problem. I actually transferred a Halo 3 preorder from the trade in special earlier this year to something else without being penalized

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Does GS frown on removing your reservation money from one game to go towards another? I was considering doing the Rock Band thing, but then moving it over to COD4 after it came out. Would they take away my extra 30%?[/quote]

should be no problem. I have done this before. Now I always do whatever preorder bonus when trading. Whether or not I want the game. Helpful hint there for those that don't already do this!;)

Wohoo, traded in a 360 and a PS3 game yesterday and got both the $10 bonus and 20% towards GH3. When I come back to get my pre-order, I'll then use the 10% off coupon. Thanks CAGs! I'll probably try to work out something for Rock Band next :)

I went in yesterday to trade in 2 of my 360 games and the guy told me he had a better deal for me. From behind the counter he pulled out one of those flyers that they normally have lying around at it said 50% extra on your trades. I used that to get around 14 dollars extra instead of ten. Dunno if its YMMV, but here in Maryland it happened.

[quote name='FlamingMoogles']I went in yesterday to trade in 2 of my 360 games and the guy told me he had a better deal for me. From behind the counter he pulled out one of those flyers that they normally have lying around at it said 50% extra on your trades. I used that to get around 14 dollars extra instead of ten. Dunno if its YMMV, but here in Maryland it happened.[/quote]
I could see doing this for newer games where you get at least 11+ in trade credit, but I'm looking at pushing some KMart games where I'll get about $4 per game.

I have GH3 bundle pre-ordered at GS, used all trade in credit to pay for it. Can I return it after I pick it up? I originally thought my brother wanted the bundle, but just wants the game, and I have another bundle pre-ordered at Deep Discount ($77). Figured I'd get my GS pre-order, play it until I get the bundle from Deep Discount, then return that one to GS.

I'd be fine if they just give me back the credit in trade in value, as I have ~$40 more there already, and will probably put it all towards Rock Band.

Flipped Star Trek: Legacy (360) and Phantasy Star Universe (360) from the K-Mart sale ($7 -> $12 and $6 -> $11 for GS trade-in after spending $7 and $4.90) for a copy of Puzzle Quest DS and $3 extra. Not too bad.

Flipped 2 copies of NBA Street Homecourt :ps3: that I found at Target yesterday. The trade in value at GS was only $5.50 with the Edge card so I ended up with a $21.00 credit. I then traded in 2 copies of Wii Play (game only) that I obtained during the B2G1 free sale at TRU. Trade in value for those were $11.00 with the Edge card. I ended up with $32.00 credit for those giving me $53.00 total. Then used that money to pay off the pre-order for Super Mario Galaxy using the 20% extra trade in credit. Nice!:bouncy:

So...it sounds like people are having good luck getting both this deal and the preorder bonus on GHIII/Mario Galaxy/Brawl to work. Any trick to convincing the salesperson to combine them? Or is it just luck of the draw?

[quote name='Junior Asparagus']So...it sounds like people are having good luck getting both this deal and the preorder bonus on GHIII/Mario Galaxy/Brawl to work. Any trick to convincing the salesperson to combine them? Or is it just luck of the draw?[/quote]

The salesperson, who happened to be the manager of the store actually offered to do it for me! I had forgotten about the power trade at the time!

[quote name='jimijumper']The salesperson, who happened to be the manager of the store actually offered to do it for me! I had forgotten about the power trade at the time![/quote]

I think the GS employees in my area are just smarter than some of the others . I hear about. Most told me flat out that the offers wouldn't combine. One guy said he thought they might, so he'd punch it in and see if it worked. It didn't. I just took the better of the two deals, since it'd be a pain to try to convince someone to do a manual override for me.

[quote name='Junior Asparagus']I think the GS employees in my area are just smarter than some of the others . I hear about. Most told me flat out that the offers wouldn't combine. One guy said he thought they might, so he'd punch it in and see if it worked. It didn't. I just took the better of the two deals, since it'd be a pain to try to convince someone to do a manual override for me.[/quote]

do they give you crap for combining your edge card with 'other offers'

Update for the wiki:

:360: Forza/Marvel UA combo from the new bundles: $15

I saw the combo on the shelves at a GS, so I asked how much it trades in at.

If you wanna trade in these 2 games, your better off putting the discs in 2 blank DVD cases so they trade in as 2 separate games, and you'll get the $10 bonus

[quote name='rppacis']Wohoo, traded in a 360 and a PS3 game yesterday and got both the $10 bonus and 20% towards GH3. When I come back to get my pre-order, I'll then use the 10% off coupon. Thanks CAGs! I'll probably try to work out something for Rock Band next :)[/QUOTE]

So you don't have trade in 2 of system X?

I want to trade in 1 360 game and 1 PS3 game but I didn't know if I would get the $10 bonus.

bread's done
Back