GS/EB Preorder a game 29.99 or more get 50% of any preowned game

I'm not falling for this again. Orders I placed a week ago (when it was glitched) are still waiting to be cleared off my card. I hope GS is enjoying the interest they're making off my money. Assholes.

[quote name='rp71284']I'm not falling for this again. Orders I placed a week ago (when it was glitched) are still waiting to be cleared off my card. I hope GS is enjoying the interest they're making off my money. Assholes.[/QUOTE]

Having the same problems.

Epic fail.

one of my orders were cancelled
the 2nd order of

YU GI OH 2010 ds and a Ds tin case was delivered for 14.99 (returned the case today for 3 bucks) so got YU GI OH 2010 for 11.49

Too bad its Cart only

[quote name='rp71284']I'm not falling for this again. Orders I placed a week ago (when it was glitched) are still waiting to be cleared off my card. I hope GS is enjoying the interest they're making off my money. Assholes.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I feel freakin scammed. Im not one to cry and whine about Gamestop like other people do, but this kinda sh@t pisses me off. I even called Customer Service on Tuesday and they even said i had 82.xx, when i only have 30.xx now, and my orders got cancelled and no money back on my card. I didnt even hoard, i only ordered like 2 games with this....

couldn't you still take advantage of it by throwing a pre order on there and using the code then just canceling the pre order once the item ships (because they don't charge until the pre order ships) or am I missing something?

If the order system is like GS, could you just cancel the pre-order after the used game ships?

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']couldn't you still take advantage of it by throwing a pre order on there and using the code then just canceling the pre order once the item ships (because they don't charge until the pre order ships) or am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

We think alike :)

I actually intend to use it with Professor Layton and Transformers:WFC which was recently marked to 40 before the 60% you get with the deal and EDGE.

With the recent GS price hike it's harder to find something interesting but I've been waiting to find TF for sub 20 for a while.

just make sure to read the terms guys: it makes a special note that you can't cancel a preorder made with this code. so do it at your own risk

[quote name='y2jasper']just make sure to read the terms guys: it makes a special note that you can't cancel a preorder made with this code. so do it at your own risk[/QUOTE]

Just curious, where does it say that? All I see is: "Coupon SAVE50 - Pre-order any game $29.99 or more, save 50% on any one Preowned game. Limit 1 discount per customer. May not be combined with other offers."

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns'] "Coupon SAVE50 - Pre-order any game $29.99 or more, save 50% on any one Preowned game. Limit 1 discount per customer. May not be combined with other offers."[/QUOTE]

Not sure where your reading that Nevermind I see where you read it. Either way its at the bottom of the box in the OP's link: "TERMS AND CONDITIONS: No dealers or resellers, please. This offer is available online only while supplies last. Pre-orders with coupon may not be canceled. Valid only on pre-release titles and in-stock pre-owned games. Subject to end at anytime. Online only. "

[quote name='xNightfire147x']Not sure where your reading that Nevermind I see where you read it. Either way its at the bottom of the box in the OP's link: "TERMS AND CONDITIONS: No dealers or resellers, please. This offer is available online only while supplies last. Pre-orders with coupon may not be canceled. Valid only on pre-release titles and in-stock pre-owned games. Subject to end at anytime. Online only. "[/QUOTE]

Ah, gotcha, I see it now thank you. I never clicked the link I just used the code in my cart. I feel like it is just a scare tactic, but we will see if people have success with it. Anyone know when it expires?

same they cancel it on monday and still didnt put it back on my edge card i called them monday and they said they put it on hold and will be back to my account within a few days and still haven't gotten it back yet lol

[quote name='walterj13']same they cancel it on monday and still didnt put it back on my edge card i called them monday and they said they put it on hold and will be back to my account within a few days and still haven't gotten it back yet lol[/QUOTE]

My 2 orders got canceled and mine hasn't been returned, either... God help them if it's not back on by Monday. I'm not very nice when someone takes my money.

So if I use this, does it charge the amount for the pre-ordered one as well as the used one now as it shows the full price in the cart, or only the used one and the pre-ordered one later?

I went ahead and took advantage of the deal. I preordered Knights in the Nightmare (PSP) for $29.99 since it comes with a promotional code for a free digital copy of Yggdra Union (PSP). I ended up getting Madden NFL 2011 (PS3) for $20 as my SAVE50 game.

Make sure it's a preorder you plan on keeping, for those games that aren't coming out till next year, as you can't cancel the preorder.

Even if you can't cancel the pre-order you can go in store to return it. I have a large amount of gamestop credit to use on upcoming games and if Kmart or some other retailer beats them on price I'll just return the copy that comes in the mail.

Was about to pull the trigger on Red Dead. But then I realized by the time it gets here, I'll be playing Reach. Guess I'll wait for another time to get RDR for ~$25. Thanks for the post tho, OP.

Thanks. Pre-ordered Etrian Odyssey 3 which I was planning on picking up anyway and added a used copy of DQ IX for 50% off. Got my DS RPG fix.

Ordered the Sly Collection and got Demon's Souls for 12.50. I likely won't be able to get through DS but I figure I could get at least that much of my money back, if not more, and I was planning on getting the Sly collection anyway.

Also this is how my order page looks like so I'm positive you can cancel the pre-order without a prob

gsorder.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've canceled and it works. Picked up Madden 11 and WWE Smackdown vs Raw 10 for cheap!

I need to justify buying one or two more games though.. 50% off a used game is hard to beat.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Post here if anyone has luck canceling their pre order...[/QUOTE]

This is why we can't have nice things. If you abuse these deals they won't offer anything in the future that's worth a CAG's time.

[quote name='Caddywompus21']This is why we can't have nice things. If you abuse these deals they won't offer anything in the future that's worth a CAG's time.[/QUOTE]
This is why you abuse them fully because you may not get one of these again.

Alright they FINALLY put the money back on my card. So im satisfied, but damn, why does it take like 5 days just to put some money back on my card? Anyone else get their money?

Watch out on used Demon souls BTW. I got a used one from gamestop.com the other day and it came without case/manual and it is the japanese version. Not a huge deal, and can easily swap in store.

[quote name='Caddywompus21']This is why we can't have nice things. If you abuse these deals they won't offer anything in the future that's worth a CAG's time.[/QUOTE]

Fix it or expect to be taken advantage of. A few CAGs exploiting a deal doesn't mean GS is going to stop offering deals, lol

I would sure like a sweet deal on spiderman and NHL that came out last week. I hope they keep this up for a little while. Does anyone know if they have a buy 2 get one free coming soon?

**(edit) also does anyone know if they charge your card for the pre-order then or when it ships?

Got edge card to work on top of this seems you have to input your edge # first. Only if metroid other was in stock I'd grab it used right away.

just gotten my battlefield bad company 2 ps3 game today and darn thing had a crack in it! had to return it lol still waiting for them to put the money back in my account that they cancel on me on monday lol

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Fix it or expect to be taken advantage of. A few CAGs exploiting a deal doesn't mean GS is going to stop offering deals, lol[/QUOTE]

I get it but I will say expecting expediency in getting a refund when the company does not want to honor the glitch is hilarious.

There's tons of clear descriptions on the way these things work so there's little argument that when it is exploited that it was somehow done unintentionally and therefore refunds should be handled quickly.

dont know if there is anything like this but wondering if this would work

Preorder a cheap game (like a 9.99 game or 19.99 game) get a used game for like 49.99 for half off

Does gamestop.com now no longer guarantee cover art and manual again? I thought it was a huge deal they were guaranteeing that on used games, but here i am trying to use this deal, and heavy rain says it does not guarantee either. WTF!

bread's done
Back