GS/EB Super Monkey Ball Adv with Bonus! $10.00 Drop

Yeah, I thought this game was horrible. It strips out everything that was fun about the other SMB games and turns it into a gigantic RPG bore-fest. At least the game is now at the price it should have been released at in the first place. And free monkey's are cool too.

[quote name='smaaug']You can get the Monkey by preordering SMB for the Wii as well.[/QUOTE]
That's a much better idea! I had high hopes for Monky Ball Adventure. I like the first 2 games and I love 3-D platformers, but Traveller's Tales did a terrible job of incorporating the 2. I still think there's potential for a good game there, but the monkeys would probably have to come out of the balls for the adventuring sections, and that pretty much ends up being Donkey Kong 64.

Yeah this game is not even worth it for the bonus item. On the other hadn preordering for Wii to get the monkey is a great idea.

God dammit, I preordered this game just cuz my gf wanted the fucking monkey and now they do the same thing with a game I actually want! fuck!

Is the Wii game a "real" Super Monkey Ball, or is it developed by a 3rd party?

(and checking GS I don't see mention of the monkey anywhere... was it a separate item that's gone now, like the PS2 SMBA? [one has the monkey listed, one doesn't])

Maybe for $5 . . . and only if you are a big SMB fan.

I rented and this game is awful . . . really, really, really bad. I lost interest in the platform parts in 10 min. (and I LOVE platformers). The SMB levels are extremely substandard.

This game should never have been released (like many of the recent Sonic titles).

I thought the second Money Ball game was horrid. It just destroys everything that made the first game great aka the puzzles and put in these terribly designed levels based on luck. Most people still seemed to like it so if this is hated by everyone it must really be bad.

[quote name='Justin42']Is the Wii game a "real" Super Monkey Ball, or is it developed by a 3rd party?[/quote]
According to IGN & Gamespot, it's being developed by Sega. Hopefully Sega learned with SMBA not to let Traveler's Tales fuck with a franchise. They've ruined every franchise they got the hands on. Do I need to remind everyone of Sonic R and the Crash Bandicoot games for the current gen consoles.

quick question about the monkey, i preordered this before the game came out in-store and got aiai wearing an orange shirt holding a banana... basically the monkey i got looks nothing like this red-shirted monkey... are they giving away a different monkey online?

[quote name='David85']I thought the second Money Ball game was horrid. It just destroys everything that made the first game great aka the puzzles and put in these terribly designed levels based on luck. [/quote]

While I didn't enjoy Super Monkey Ball 2 as much as the original Super Monkey Ball it definitely wasn't based on luck at all. Each level was exactly the same every time you played it. The more I played the better I got and the faster I could complete the levels with regularity. That's not luck. Now, the level design itself is a completely different story because I thought the first game was miles better.

I've played all of the other games in the series (except DX) and they are terrible. They need to get this series back on track and release SMB3 with 200 or so new, well-designed levels.

SMB2 was the first game that was beaten by my son & I on our Gamecube (aquired in May of this year). Also have SMB1 but I liked the playstyle of SMB2 better (basically the unlimited attempts on a map).

We're both huge SMB fans as it's one of the few games we can play together (he's 4).

I got SMB Adventure and it is terrible. Horrid. Painful. I actually tried to give it a real good try and played through the first few stages. Just not a good game. Fortunately I got it for $20ish with the overstock coupon issue a while back. It's certainly not worth more than that.

[quote name='javeryh']While I didn't enjoy Super Monkey Ball 2 as much as the original Super Monkey Ball it definitely wasn't based on luck at all. Each level was exactly the same every time you played it. The more I played the better I got and the faster I could complete the levels with regularity. That's not luck. Now, the level design itself is a completely different story because I thought the first game was miles better.

I've played all of the other games in the series (except DX) and they are terrible. They need to get this series back on track and release SMB3 with 200 or so new, well-designed levels.[/QUOTE]

Luck, timing whatever.

The first one was based on skill, the second one was based on TIMING it just right each time you play. That's lame.

I paid full price for the Gamecube and PSP versions. Since the PSP version should be recent enough, I wonder if I can get some of my money back..

[quote name='David85']Luck, timing whatever.

The first one was based on skill, the second one was based on TIMING it just right each time you play. That's lame.[/quote]

I totally disagree. The first one was based on timing just as much as the second one. The premise for both games is exactly the same - each level operates the exact same way evary single time you play - without variation. Maybe the timing of the first game was a little easier because there were less moving parts/obstacles but that goes towards level design and not gameplay mechanics. The second one was just poorly designed.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Hopefully Sega learned with SMBA not to let Traveler's Tales fuck with a franchise. They've ruined every franchise they got the hands on. Do I need to remind everyone of Sonic R and the Crash Bandicoot games for the current gen consoles.[/QUOTE]
they did okay with Lego Star Wars.

bread's done
Back