GS/EB: trade in 2 psp/ds games, bonus $10 store credit

saw this in the window at gs today. havent seen it online though, can anyone else confirm?

*added from the website
Trade 2 PSP/DS Games for Extra $10 Offer Trade 2 PSP/DS games get an extra $10!
Expires: 8/19/2007.
Ping Pals & Sprung excluded from offer.
Other exclusions may apply.
Offer not good on cash trades.
Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value.
Cannot be combined with any other offer.
Trade-ins subject to manager approval.
Offer subject to change at anytime
(lame).
See store associate for details. No dealers.

*added from gs/eb email newsletter, check your spam folder
Receive An Extra $10 Trade-In Credit (In-Store Offer Only)
Handheld gaming just keeps growing and growing. Expiring August 19, when you trade-in two DS or PSP games receive an additional $10 trade-in credit towards your next purchase. Additional special offers and updated pricing can all be found on our Trade-In Values page. All trade-in offers are only valid in-store at your local GameStop. Some exclusions apply, see site for details.

Complete BS. My Gamestop said they weren't doing the deal, and they knew nothing of it. When I told them it was on their website, they said it must require a coupon then. I told them no. They tried scanning them, and the computer wouldn't apply anything extra either. Does the extra $10 have to be applied manually?

[quote name='mtxbass1']Complete BS. My Gamestop said they weren't doing the deal, and they knew nothing of it. When I told them it was on their website, they said it must require a coupon then. I told them no. They tried scanning them, and the computer wouldn't apply anything extra either. Does the extra $10 have to be applied manually?[/quote]

Next time, just ask them to please get their corporate office on the line. That should resolve the situation and teach them how to correctly do the deal.

[quote name='io'][quote name='MICHAE2414']I got Gunpey for $5 after the Gamepro coupon from Best Buy, and if I can get Harvest Moon the same way, I'm all over this for trading them in for Gitaroo Man Lives.[/QUOTE]
There you go - that's the idea ;).[/QUOTE]
Woohoo! :D Got back from BB and found Harvest Moon DS for $4.99 after expired coupon, with two more left over in the regular shelvings (tagged $9.99) at the location I went to. Saw an extra Gunpey in the Front Row section, but left that there as well.

Now to get to an EB/GS with Gitaroo Man Lives...the one I passed by today didn't even know what game I was talking about, unfortunately. I wanted to do it all in one pass, though, so I didn't actually bother trading the games in yet. :whistle2:|

If it all works out and those extra copies (plus other mentioned games in this thread) stay put at BB, I might have a go at it again later this week.

Nice. Been waiting for a decent trade in deal, had loads of doubles and games to get rid of since my husband and I have combined collections now that he's moved to the states. And we needed the room. After edge card and bonuses, $186.70, which became The Bigs 360, Mario Strikers Charged, Hot Shots Tennis, and a second nunchuk for the wii... And $15 towards something else in the future.

Values for Wiki, before bonuses:
DS:
Super Mario 64 DS - $12
Pac Pix - $2.50
Trauma Center: Under The Knife - $12
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time - $8
Big Brain Academy - $6
Brain Age: Train Your Brain In Minutes A Day - $7
Pac N Roll - $5
Warioware: Touched! - $12
Cooking Mama - $7
Kirby: Canvas Curse - $7

PSP:
Gunpey - $5
Ridge Racer - $2
Wipeout Pure - $1
Me and My Katamari - $5
Archer Maclean's Mercury - $1.50
Gripshift - $4

[quote name='jezebelseven']Warioware: Touched! - $12[/quote] You got jibbed. eBay prices are over $25 - $35+.

Speaking of, anyone know the value of Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories? Seems I waited too long to put mine on eBay and not many people are looking for the unpatched version anymore due to Lumines.

[quote name='lurknomore']Even with the discounts, I don't know why you wouldn't trade them or sell them here. The $10 bonus adds $5 per game (obviously), and that's still not too convincing if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

If you look at what most people are trading, they could not get more here (my Dragon Quest Rocket Slime not withstanding) as we are all cheap asses. Also, if you factor in a trip to the post office and postage, it sometimes makes sense to get less from EB/Gamestop than you could get from selling it online.

[quote name='Jedi1979']i take it that nobody has had anything denied like the 360 fiasco and there famous other exclusions may apply line?[/quote]

not yet... anyone try madden 05 yet?

yeah most of us are trading in absolute crap...tomorrow is another day of harvest moon ds+ feel the magic trade ins for me :) Still cant believe Harvest Moon gets 11 (after edge card) for a total of 16.00 for a 5.29 cent investment (including sales tax)

[quote name='Tsukento']Hey now, Feel the Magic was not crap. :p[/quote]
was that a dating sim and could you cerealsy nail the chick you were after? or am i thinking rub rabbits?

Close. Rub Rabbits is a sequel to it. Basically Wario Ware meets dating sim-style game, without the answering questions, or panty and hentai shots of more risque titles. :p

What about Sprung, man thats a winner i paid 4 bucks for it at toysrus. Dating sims are just too...well weird for me.

Feel the magic isnt that bad considering they cost me 2.10 per copy (at kmart with the 30% discount).

Score! Just got back from a different Gamestop before closing with Gitaroo Man Lives in hand (although gutted, it was the last "new" copy), and ~$3 credit to spare. :) The small but sweet breakdown:

Trade-in Value:
Harvest Moon DS $10.00 (not $8...)
Gunpey PSP $5.00
+ $10 promo credit = $25.00 store credit
Both games were had for $5 from Best Buy, so overall that's a cool 10 bucks for GML. Excellent.

(Note: I don't have an EDGE card so no extra credit for me.)

An email came to the stores today reiterating that the only exceptions are Sprung and Ping Pals, but more exclusions could be added at a later time.

In the mean time, here's some trade values before bonuses

Mario Kart - 11
Children of Mana - 8
Magical Starsign - 5
Nintendogs - 11 (doesn't matter which version - they trade for the same amount)
Elite Beat Agents - 8
Scurge Hive - 1
Metroid Prime Pinball - 2
Final Fantasy III - 15
Castlevania: DoS - 7
Castlevania: PoR - 10
Puzzle Quest - 10
Yoshi's Island - 10
Diddy Kong Racing - 11
Dragon Quest Rocket Slime - 6

Feel the Magic fetches $1 :lol:
I wanted to get rid of it. It's not a bad game but I just dont play it anymore. I can't believe I bought it for $35 when it came out.

[quote name='Tsukento']You got jibbed. eBay prices are over $25 - $35+.
[/QUOTE]

Although I got $12 for the game, may as well consider it $20 with the tradein bonus and edge card, and I had the money immediately versus waiting for someone to send the money via paypal and have it available. So yeah, a loss here and there doesn't bother me much, can't be arsed going to the post office and dealing with ebay fees and such unless it's going to be a substantial difference.

Probably good for other people to note though.

Yeah, I went and traded Harvest Moon into the store that told me $8 on the phone and it was $10 like everyone else is seeing. Got $26.50 from $10 worth of games (HM and Gunpey PSP from Best Buy) while I picked up Strikers. I have a few more to bring in as I'm out and about...

[quote name='io']Yeah, I went and traded Harvest Moon into the store that told me $8 on the phone and it was $10 like everyone else is seeing. Got $26.50 from $10 worth of games (HM and Gunpey PSP from Best Buy) while I picked up Strikers. I have a few more to bring in as I'm out and about...[/QUOTE]
I might do that if I can get the coupons to work. Do they let you have 1 psp game and 1 ds game and still get the extra $10?

I also saw Field commander for $10...would that be good to get for $5 after coupon to take to GS?

[quote name='hysterisch']An email came to the stores today reiterating that the only exceptions are Sprung and Ping Pals, but more exclusions could be added at a later time.

In the mean time, here's some trade values before bonuses

Mario Kart - 11
Children of Mana - 8
Magical Starsign - 5
Nintendogs - 11 (doesn't matter which version - they trade for the same amount)
Elite Beat Agents - 8
Scurge Hive - 1
Metroid Prime Pinball - 2
Final Fantasy III - 15
Castlevania: DoS - 7
Castlevania: PoR - 10
Puzzle Quest - 10
Yoshi's Island - 10
Diddy Kong Racing - 11
Dragon Quest Rocket Slime - 6[/quote]

Interesting, thanks. some of these prices seem half decent after $5 extra. I'll have to look 'em up on eBay and see if I can get more there (which I probably can).

[quote name='Furashu'].... where the heck do u guys get the BB coupon ive looked everywhere... please PMit to me[/QUOTE]

:wall:

Dude, it's one thing not to use the search function to find it - fair enough, it might be hard to find that way.

But I SPECIFICALLY responded to your last request and posted a link for you right after that last request:

post 107 in this thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3184445&postcount=107

You need to read responses to your own questions or what's the point in answering them?

...anyway, the wiki has been updated yet again through this post. And don't ask me where that is :lol:.
Wierd, looking at some prices people have reported it seems when I called Gamestop yesterday the guy gave me lowball numbers for 3 of the 4 games I asked about. That seems wierd as that could only discourage me bringing them in to trade when they always seem so anxious for you to trade stuff. He told me $8 (instead of $10) for HM, $4 (instead of $5) for Neopets PSP, and $1 (instead of $3) for Monster Bomber. I'd find it very strange if those 3 all went up from Monday to Tuesday, so he must have just done something wrong when looking up the prices.

Picked up 2 Harvest Moons and 2 Gunpeys at my local BB w/ expired coupons. Spent about $21.50

Went to GS and they offered
2xHarvest - $32.00 w/ bonus+Edge (16 each)
2xGunpey - $21.00 w/ bonus+Edge (10.50 each)

got $53.00 store credit!

Added 11 more bux and got myself a Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

So spending 32.50 for a game that is $64 was totally worth my while.

Saw some other front lane games at BB that might be slick for this deal. Check out BB Front Row thread for that.

[quote name='whoknows']I might do that if I can get the coupons to work. Do they let you have 1 psp game and 1 ds game and still get the extra $10?

I also saw Field commander for $10...would that be good to get for $5 after coupon to take to GS?[/QUOTE]

I've been trying to find a Field Commander (to play) for the life of me. If you can get me one for $5 + shipping while you are stocking up for the trade-in deal I'd appreciate it. I know you are all about the PSP and PS3. I haven't touched my PSP in months but this might give it new life, so you'd be doing Sony a favor ;). Notice how I made the enhanced Best Buy coupon sheet in that thread and included multiple PSP/PS2/PS3 coupons on it for just such a situation!

And yes, they took the DS game and PSP game just fine as a pair - but I would expect a clerk or two somewhere in the country to make an issue out of the pairs needed to be the same system. The guy I dealt with hadn't even heard of the promo but it worked when he scanned them. I'm not sure if it is automatic or if a promo code pops up or what, but he did it with minimal effort considering he didn't know it existed. So those of you who are having trouble with clerks ringing this up should push them a little for it - doesn't look like rocket science ;).

Traded a few, got quotes for a few. Here are some trade values for items not in the wiki or otherwise an update (value or date refresh). All before bonuses.

:ds: Dig Dug Digging Strike - $4
:ds: Freedom Wings - $4
:ds: Nanostray - $4
:ds: Puyo Pop Fever - $4
:ds: Texas Hold 'Em Poker - $2 (didn't scan, had to look up)
:ds: Tomb Raider Legend - $7
:ds: Zoo Keeper - $2.50

Here is my haul....of course all prices are before bonus's. (All DS games)

World Championship Poker - $1
Whac A Mole - $1
Harvest Moon (x 2) - $10
Pac Pix - $2.50
Magnetica - $7
Cooking Mama - $7
Meteos - $4

Total After Bonus's and Edge Card - $97.09 :applause:

Searched, but did not find any restrictions on PSP games??

So how about :
Madden NFL 06 PSP,
NBA 06 PSP
Hot shots golf open tee PSP
Ys the ark of napishtim PSP

Will they all work for this promo?

thanks

I just traded in a bunch, and the promo didn't seem to work for anything valued under $10. So the manager there is gonna call the DM and see what's up. I want my $60 extra! This is at the Hanover Park, IL GS. Hopefully I can get this resolved, even though it's after the fact. Here are some values, all before bonuses:

Tony Hawk's American Sk8land - $4
Super Mario Bros. - $12
Tetris DS - $12
Kirby: Canvas Curse - $7
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam - $7
Phoenix Wright 1 - $7
Phoenix Wright 2 - $7
Mario Kart - $11
Sonic Rush - $4
Trace Memory - $3
Trauma Center - $12
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - $7
Meteos - $4
Magnetica - $7
Yoshi's Touch and Go - $6
Metroid Prime Hunters - $10
Contact - $8
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin - $10

Has anyone else tried today in the past couple hours and got similar results not getting credit for valid pairs?

Edit: Got it sorted.

Traded 6 games, got the newly discounted Gitaroo Man Lives! and ended up with a bunch of credit. Pretty good deal. Here are the prices I got:

Children of Mana: 8
Tetris DS: 12
Metal Gear Acid: 2
Metal Gear Acid 2: 1.50
Wipeout Pure: 1
Hot Shots Golf: 3

I got credit for everything, even Open Season (DS)...so it was working about 45 minutes ago...and I'm in Illinois too...so it must be your Gamestop (or their employees not knowing what's what!)

The manager there just used the F-whatever button to let the system calculate the promotion; he didn't do each bonus manually or anything. Hmmm... not sure why it messed up. Might need to go back later after work and get it sorted today. He didn't think he'd get an answer back from the district manager/corporate this week though...

Edit: Got it sorted.

[quote name='loserboy']I got credit for everything, even Open Season (DS)...so it was working about 45 minutes ago...and I'm in Illinois too...so it must be your Gamestop (or their employees not knowing what's what!)[/quote]

I jumped on the deal and traded in 8 DS games. Some of which I had completed, a couple I almost didn't want to get rid of, and others which were just crap. Here's my breakdown (all pre-edge and pre-bonus):

Brain Age - $7
Crash Boom Bang - $5
Resident Evil DS - $8
Yoshi's Island - $10
Brothers in Arms - $10
Little Mermaid - $9 (that surprised me)
Mario vs Donkey Kong 2 - $10
Kirby Canvas Curse - $7

Total credit ($66) + Edge 10% (6.6) + 4xBonus ($40) = $112.60

Although there were a couple I wanted to hang on to a little while longer, it was a pretty decent deal. I was able to buy the Edge subsciption, buy Ninja Five-O GBA, prepay for Zelda: Phantom Hourglass DS, prepay for Battalion Wars 2 Wii, and still have $5 credit left. Not too shabby.

ok got a nice long list here...one odd thing was i didnt receive the extra $5 on 1 game, yet i had 30 total and i cant figure out how it happened. The computer did it automatically as well

before bonuses
DS
Super Mario 64 -$12
Spiderman 2 $2
Ridge Racer $2
Retro Atari $2
Pac Pix $2.50
Asphalt Urban GT $1 (this is the game that only got 10% extra but no bonus)
Freedom Wings $4
Castlevania POR $10
Polarium $1.50
Tomb Raider Legend $7
Gunpey $3
Tiger Woods PGA tour $2
Dig Dug $4
Feel the magic $1
Pacn Roll $5
Frogger Helmet Chaos $5

PSP
Worms $4
Midway Arcade tresures $7
Burnout Legends $6
Puzzle Challenge $2
Tiger Woods PGA 2005 $3
EA Replay $2.50
Legend of Heroes 2 $7
WWE smackdown vs raw 2006 $6
Frantix $1
Twisted Metal $2.50
Me and my Katamari $5
Gunpey $5
Hot Shots $3
Lumines 2 $7

total with bonuses came to $282.50...a little more then i expected so i was happy

Just an update on my situation. I went back to the GS, and the friendly manager there, Jason, voided my original transaction. We did it again but in three separate transactions and there wasn't a problem. So we don't know exactly what went wrong the first time, but I got my extra $60 and I prepaid for Medal Of Honor: Airborne on the 360. So I am happy now, lot's of extra credit. Might be tempted to put it all towards an Elite once the price drops... not too sure.

If someone wants to edit the wiki, here are some Wii games:

Madden NFL 2007 - $7
Trauma Center - $14
Zelda - $25

Wow! Lots of trade-in prices, many of which are new to the Wiki. Keep 'em coming :applause:

loserboy - could you post the prices you got (like Open Season)?

I updated the wiki through this post...

These trade in prices are abysmal. I see games they charge $17.99 for getting $2-$3 trade credit..

They must have lowered values to go along with the "deal".

If i can find two Harvest Moons I might do this, however. Just trade them in with two other games, individually.

I just paid off a Wii for $90.24 thanks to this deal.

2.22 (feel the magic) + 5.30 (harvest moon ds) = $7.52

Total trade in value $22.10 * 12 = $265.2 store credit

$7.52 * 12 = $90.24

Includes taxes, had to go to 2 best buys to get all the harvest moons and 4 kmarts around me (all close) for all the feel the magics. Luckily there are 4 gs/ebs around me so i could hit up each per day and not look too shifty (although i did each store twice today just to get it over with).

Wish everyone else the best of luck, just saved myself 170 bucks on my brothers bday gift this year :)

jer7583 - As someone who has been updating the wiki since before this deal started, I can assure you that while their trade-in prices may (and indeed do) suck they did not lower them for the deal. Some have even gone up since the last price reported in the wiki (many have gone down too, but some of the original quotes were from upwards of a year ago).

Botticus - The best way is not Kmart (since the stock there is so depleted by this point) but Best Buy using the expired GamePro coupons. All of the following can be had there for $5 AC and all get at least $10 after the bonus: HM DS, Gunpey PSP, Loco Roco, Neopets PSP, and a few others. (Note that Field Commander and R&C are good ones probably but I've never seen them frontlaned at Best Buy - if anyone can get either for $5 please check my list or offer them to me for cost + shipping! ;)).

bread's done
Back