gs/eb: trade in ds phat + 79.99 or GBA SP + 99.99= new ds lite

saw on eb/gs.com

Trade in your original model DS towards a new DS for $79.99.
Trade in your GBA SP towards a new DS for $99.99 (regular price $129.99)!

Expires: 9/9/2007. Net Prices shown after trade-in & purchase of item. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. DS System trade must have AC & stylus. GBA System trade must have AC. Cannot be combined with any other offer. New DS Systems subject to availability by location. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers.

anyone confirm in store?

I hope this isn't true or I'm breaking teeth in at Gamestop corporate.

I just traded mine in last week for the Brain Age DS Lite. If this true I'm demanding a discount.

Soo...you get $50 for the original DS & $30 for the SP? Might as well sell them to CAGs for $58 & 38 shipped (free priority box inside those flat rate priority envelopes and shipping & handling with only be $4.60 with delivery confirmation).

[quote name='freshzen']Soo...you get $50 for the original DS & $30 for the SP? Might as well sell them to CAGs for $58 & 38 shipped (free priority box inside those flat rate priority envelopes and shipping & handling with only be $4.60 with delivery confirmation).[/quote]

if you can get away with paying 79.99 w/o tax, the math would be 140 (assume CA tax) - 79.99 = 60$ credit. thats double what ds phat was going for last week. as always if you can find a cad on a ds phat this might be worth your while

I can confirm, though I didn't do the deal. And GS deals do not magically do away with tax. I would imagine you'd pay tax on the 79.99, though I've seen certain sales and offers in California that make you pay the tax on the actual value of the item (i.e. 129.99).

The SP deal is terrible. The DS phat deal might be worthwhile in certain circumstances.

i'll buy all the DS's anyone is gonna trade in at Gamestop. They are terrible. I mean it too. lets figure it out.

Would they give you $30 for the GBA SP plus $50 for the DS Phat? So the DS Lite woudl only be $49.99?

[quote name='mick16']Would they give you $30 for the GBA SP plus $50 for the DS Phat? So the DS Lite woudl only be $49.99?[/QUOTE]

Most likely yes. They're going to making a profit when they resell your stuff for $20-40 more, plus they're moving a brand new DS Lite. I'm sure they're making an easy $100 or more off you if you trade in your SP & original DS towards a DS Lite with this deal.

its true that they would make more money if they took both but they probably wont because they dont think like that and that would require more work from the employee and them thinking they are losing money which if they took both they would make back at least 130 for the both used because they are like that. if anyone has the new sp they are going to trade in let me know i might purchase it from you for more

They sell the FAT DS systems for 79.99

here locally without the special they are paying 25 to 40 bucks depending on the bad the system looks

i got a system im thinking of dumping to gamecrazy for 52 bucks credit. by the time you figure in shipping, paypal fees, ebay fees that is like 60 bucks

at first glance it looks like a horrible deal, but its actually not THAT bad. Especially if you dont want the hassle of selling online.

bread's done
Back