GS/EBgames In store specials 4/13-4/19

Teknoman

CAGiversary!
Wow!! so would it be 60% with edge ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!????!

Because I have some DS titles I'd be loving to get rid of!
Does it HAVE to be 360 + 360 game and Wii + Wii game..DS+ DS? Or can it be "360 + DS?" etc???

Thats what im going to try and find out. I really hope its any combination of games from the listed systems.

[quote name='lilboo']Wow!! so would it be 60% with edge ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!????!

Because I have some DS titles I'd be loving to get rid of!
Does it HAVE to be 360 + 360 game and Wii + Wii game..DS+ DS? Or can it be "360 + DS?" etc???[/QUOTE]
It say ANY two....

Yeah that 60% extra trade-in credit is pretty tempting....

[quote name='Roufuss']Another shitty ad.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be nearly so quick to bash it... 50% extra credit is a hell of a bonus. Say you've bought and beaten GRAW2... it trades in for $30 normally, so w/ this coupon and a More card, you'd get almost $50 in credit for it as long as you trade another game at the same time (say GOW, which, w/ more, would get you almost $40). If we had a more thorough list of trade values, I think it could be awesome.

Hell, I only paid a little over $40 for GOW through a pre-order when it first came out... I've had my fill, and may finally decide to flip it.

50 + an additional 10% would be AWESOME!

Can't wait to hear the stories about how the EB/GS employee fucked something up :)

Wow.. So wait..if you can mix.. say a 360 + a Wii game.
I am def trading in Gears of War & Twilight Princess
Gears of War = $36 ($24 + $12)
Twilight Princess (Wii) = $40.50!!!! (27 + 13.50)

Total: $76.50
And now if the edge card adds an additional 10%..

NEW Total: $84.10

If this is true.. I'm bringin some shit to GS today!!!!

Anyone know what Red Steel is trading in at? Cag wiki says $24, but thats from November. It seems a bit high.

Is there still a bonus for trading in towards a preorder, and would this stack?

If Red Steel is still pretty high, I'd flip my copies of Red Steel & Rayman for a
MP8 preorder.

[quote name='drfunk85']Anyone know what Red Steel is trading in at? Cag wiki says $24, but thats from November. It seems a bit high.

Is there still a bonus for trading in towards a preorder, and would this stack?

If Red Steel is still pretty high, I'd flip my copies of Red Steel & Rayman for a
MP8 preorder.[/QUOTE]

You might be able to do that anyway, depending upon whether your store lets you use the trade in two Wii titles for another Wii title promo on a pre-order....

The +50% trade in value deal is amazing! I've been waiting for them to provide a trade-in promotion on DS games.

Too bad you can only do two games at a time. Looks like I'm going to have to print several of these coupons and make several trips...

[quote name='espionage']The +50% trade in value deal is amazing! I've been waiting for them to provide a trade-in promotion on DS games.

Too bad you can only do two games at a time. Looks like I'm going to have to print several of these coupons and make several trips...[/QUOTE]

But do they HAVE to be 2 of the same platform?

[quote name='wampa8jedi']You might be able to do that anyway, depending upon whether your store lets you use the trade in two Wii titles for another Wii title promo on a pre-order....[/quote]

Yeah, I could trade the two straight up for it, but I don't know if I want to. If I can get 22 for Rayman + 20 for Red Steel =42*1.5= 63 + whatever the preorder bonus was. I'd be a better deal than 2 for 1.

Actually, come to think of it, is there any chance this would combine with the trade 2 deal for 1 Wii deal?

$75 of credit for 2 used wii games would be awesome.

Gotta be a catch.. otherwise I'm taking in my crackdown with ninety nine nights because I won't have Broadband for the halo 3 beta :(

It's rare for them to offer any sort of trade in deal for DS games, but if we compare it to the trade in 2 360 games get +$10 credit, you'll see that this is a much better deal for any game that's worth over $10 trade in credit to begin with. Games that are newer and fetching $20-$25 trade in credit will suddenly become $30-$40.

However, games that are less than $10 will not give you much at all. So the point of this post is to trade all your newer more valuable games now, and that you should have traded your old

I can mix with any system game right for example I want to trade in Oblivion for PS3 and GOW for Xbox 360 ?

I don't think there will be a catch other than you probably can only use it on one set of two games. Still, a good $75 trade in for just two games is going to be more than worthwhile.

[quote name='GF_Eric']I don't think there will be a catch other than you probably can only use it on one set of two games. Still, a good $75 trade in for just two games is going to be more than worthwhile.[/QUOTE]

The problem is, that all EB/GS have idiots :(
Some people will get that to work.
Some won't :(

I would love to trade in GoW & LoZ: TP..and get the additional 10% with edge card...

could someone link me to any website that have list of trade-n value for each game lol. I know it a long shot but someone might have it ^__^;

Now if only they'd get another shipment of Guitar Hero II for 360.. the nearest store in my area with one in stock is an hour away. None have come in at any of my local stores since launch.

getting this promotion and the 10% Edge to stack is easy even for the newest Gamestop clerk.

They have to enter the coupon code listed on the coupon (EBC3001948) and the computer will automatically make the adjustments.

Then you hand over your Edge card and they'll slide that, and the computer will automatically make the adjustments.

What's tricky is trying to get the Gamestop clerk to give you an additional 10% for putting the credit towards a preorder and stacking this 10% on top of the current coupon code you're using for +50% and the +10% Edge.

The 10% extra towards pre-orders is another code, so they cannot enter both the 10% extra towards pre-orders and the +50% credit code. The computer won't apply it and either they'll say, "Sorry can't get it to work" or they'll manually adjust it for you.

That is how you seperate the new Gamestop clerks from the veterans (and from the clueless veterans). The new guys won't be able to get it to work and just say that, the veterans will tell you that you can't stack promotions, and the clueless veterans will override the computer and give you the discount. Good luck finding the clueless veterans for 10% more!

[quote name='nonggame']could someone link me to any website that have list of trade-n value for each game lol. I know it a long shot but someone might have it ^__^;[/quote]

I would think the CAG Wiki would be your best bet.

Anybody able to confirm Star Fox Command (possibly the most overrated DS game ever) is still $15 at EB Games? And if anybody could find out what Lost in Blue 2 is worth, that would be appreciated. I think I might need to get rid of my copy if the game turns out to be bad as the reviews have claimed.

Hmm, Need For Speed Carbon on the DS is $20. I was considering buying that when it dropped around that price (especially since the reviews I've read make it seem like EA finally figured out how to develop a decent NFS for the system).

[quote name='lilboo']Someone needs to find out if you have to trade in 2 from the same platform.[/quote]

Why don't you call and find out?

[quote name='lilboo']Someone needs to find out if you have to trade in 2 from the same platform.[/quote]

Usually when they have trade-in deals like this (same deal for multiple systems) they let you mix-and-match. You should be able to.

True.

It's just I was there yesterday doing the trade 2 get 1 (Wii games) and everyone was walkin around like chickens w/o theirs heads being so confused on how to do it.
If this just started today, I bet they (at this store) have not a clue on whats goin on.

But we'll see, maybe it'll be worth a shot.

+ it never fails anyway. Somebody is gonna have a success story saying you can. These EB/GS employees that we deal with never have the right information. Some people will have it work, some won't be REGARDLESS of whatever the "official" thing is.

Yesterday they got that e-mail saying Open Season/Far Cry wasn't eligable for the 2for1, and yet..that's what I traded in.

I don't see why in the world you would have to have two from the same system. The wording on the coupon doesn't imply it, it's not in the details, and they would have no reason for restricting you.

So does the Edge card stack ontop of the game with or without the 50% bonus trade in.

For example, a Game that can be traded in for $30, will the card bring an extra 3 or 4.50? Sure its small compared to the 50%, still, thats an couple dollars.

[quote name='Link927']So does the Edge card stack ontop of the game with or without the 50% bonus trade in.

For example, a Game that can be traded in for $30, will the card bring an extra 3 or 4.50? Sure its small compared to the 50%, still, thats an couple dollars.[/QUOTE]

It should.
I might head on over to Gamestop later. If I do, I'll come back to the thread (most likely mad at something .. hate GS..)

^ I was going to ask a similar question. Don't the old deals run through the 15th? So, could you stack the +20% if you preorder pokemon diamond (or something like that) with the +50% extra with the +10% Edge card?

I could be wrong about the 15th, but I could SWEAR that's what they told me yesterday when I was up there...

[quote name='chosen1s']^ I was going to ask a similar question. Don't the old deals run through the 15th? So, could you stack the +20% if you preorder pokemon diamond (or something like that) with the +50% extra with the +10% Edge card?

I could be wrong about the 15th, but I could SWEAR that's what they told me yesterday when I was up there...[/QUOTE]

The 10% with the edge card isn't a promotion. That's like.. a membership club incentive. There should never be a problem with it working.. but sadly, you never know because of idiots :(

But you can't combine promotions. 50% plus an additional 20% to reserve + 10% edge won't ALL work. 50 & 10 or 20 & 10 should work.

But then, you may find someone who doesn't care and will manually do it...so.. ::shrugs::

It is almost 2? has anyone actually try trading 2 games in? I have some PSP crap to trade in but with 60% extra sounding a little to good to be true....

Just back from EB, got screwed on the extra 50% for DS games cos I traded them in with a bunch of Xbox games on the Halo 3 power trade. Realised after I left but couldn't be arsed arguing the point, I got 30% extra anyway. So watch out for that.

Here's the trade values I got for the DS games:

King Kong - $4
Sprung - $1
Ultimate Spiderman - $3
Meteos - $4
Brain Age - $8
NFS: Most Wanted - $4
Bomberman - $5
Monster Trucks DS - $4

Those are all pre-edge and pre extra 20% for Halo 3.

I just called my local Gamestop and they said Super Paper Mario is trading in at $30. So let's say you have two of them to trade, you'd get 30+15+3=48 (or possibly 49.50 if bonuses are compounded) each.

Then presumably you could buy them back for 45-4.5=40.50 each and make a profit of $9 per game.

bread's done
Back